Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 58

 

Another walk down the hallway of the hospital again, for the thousandth times, it was for her. She was worry sick about him but somehow, she was walking so slowly. That was unlike her but yet, it wasn’t as if he had wake up on the point of her walking into that room. Her dad had made her proceed into sleep after swallowing a sleeping pill & a painkiller & a dreamless sleep that was. She was still tired, nonetheless.

 

The dreamless sleep it was her wedding. Yuri brushed her falling hair back with a sigh. She had surely been thinking about it again. Certainly, love doesn’t exists between them anymore but their son existed between them & her thinking about it was because of her son’s sake. Now, she knows everything couldn’t go the way she wants them, too. That was what happened, getting her son sick & for her son’s behalf, she was willing to risk her life to think about remarrying Jaejoong for one last time.

 

She had heard his words of promising to be with Taehyun all the way but the question of hers was quite extinct. How could he promise to be there with Taehyun when he was to be married in two weeks time? It was thoroughly intruding to be thinking about his words. He shouldn’t be making such promises when he knew he couldn’t complete it.

 

Reaching the room, Yuri opened the door to a talking scene. With some steps in, the door closed behind her. Her heartbeat increased. The three faces turned to her. Two smiles disappeared but one still smiling at her. Yuri swallowed. Happy tears swelled up in her eyes. Her bottom lips shook in joy.


“Mommy.” His little voice broke her soul once again.

 

Yuri placed a hand over . Without any second to waste again, she ran towards her son. He threw out his arms, waiting for her big & monkey hug. His arms circled her neck. Her arms circled his skinny waist. She so much wanted to hug his small body but remember his sickness. A wet kiss landed on her now blushing cheek. Her smile & laughters widened. She angled her head & began to kiss his growing cheeks again.


“I miss you, mommy.” He sniffed.

 

She pulled back, wiped her jubilant tears away & bit her lips from smiling too wide. She was too speechless for a while but kept smiling. With his face cupped in the palm of her hands, Yuri worded the three most precious words with that smile.

 

Taehyun grinned, “I love you too, mommy. Don’t cry.” He said in a susurrus tone, reaching his gauntly hands up & brushing his mommy’s tears away, “Hyunnie well now.”

 

Yuri nodded. She pulled him into another hug & placed a lasting kiss on his hair.

 

Jaejoong swallowed with a smile tugging at his lips. That kiss Taehyun gave her; he felt as if he had kissed Yuri himself. A grip on his hand tightened. Averting, he smiled at Jessica.


“Oh, my son.” Yuri finally let out in a hush, “You are awake. I miss you so much. Don’t ever do that to me again, do you hear me?” Taehyun nodded like a good boy, “You scared me & I’m so sorry, honey. I’m so sorry.” “It’s okay, mommy. Don’t cry. Daddy is here now. Hyunnie happy.”

 

She nodded jerkily. Jaejoong cleared his throat, “He woke up in the middle of the night, asking for his applesauce. Really hungry he was. The doctor said it was a prodigy for him to survive with such a little body but we knew he will make it & he did.”

 

Yuri swallowed. This man had softened somewhat. His dark eyes had disappeared into a blissful of chortle. The paled face of his last night had turned into its normal way. Even though she knew he hadn’t bathe yet, he looked clean. Yuri knocked out of her senses. She had been studying him in a way she shouldn’t have. Averting her head a bit, she finally realized again, that Jessica was sitting next to him.


“Thank you.” She spoke confidentially, & meant it.

 

Jaejoong shrugged, “I didn’t do anything. I should be thanking that someone who woke him up, too.”

 

She eyed him curiously but shrugged it off, remembering that her son was still sick in her arms. Averting, Yuri placed him fully back onto the mattress. Just having her hands on his stomach, supporting him, she could distinguish that his little body was developing back to his, not much but normal chubby self again.

 

A knock came at the door & Mr. Kwon, Doyeon & Ahjoong walked in. A show of bewilderment emerged on their faces. Then a deep smile came onto Doyeon’s face.


“I see my nephew has finally woke up. Did you have a pleasant dream?” He asked, strolling to the bedside, then placing a kiss on Taehyun’s forehead.

 

“Uh huh.”

 

Mr. Kwon grinned. If only Doyeon had a child of his own, he could have been a great father himself but the sad news four years ago had destroyed his hope; Ahjoong couldn’t birth anymore babies. Mr. Kwon sighed but then looked towards Jaejoong. His look somehow hardened.

 

Ahjoong stood afar, staring at them with a plain emotion pair of eye. She dared not move towards them; or else she had run out instantly. Seeing Taehyun smile again, had crushed her heart. Now, she wished to have her unborn baby back.

 

“Are you hungry?” Yuri softly asked her son. He bobbed his head, even though he had just had a cup of applesauce awhile back. She smiled at his improvement & ruffled his hair lightly. With a turn, Yuri grabbed an unopened cup of applesauce. She flipped the lid open, feeling a pair of eye on her right then, not her father nor Doyeon nor Ahjoong nor Jessica but him. His stare unnerved her but she wasn’t about to stop feeling lively about her son’s improvement just by a pair of alluring eye.

 

Curiosity caught her then. When Yuri had entered the room, it was full of heavenly prattle, chortle & love. Had Taehyun so gotten into the becoming & beautiful lover of his daddy? Had she made him laugh so much then? Had Jessica fed him like a mother? What had made such beautiful laughter when she wasn’t there? Had Taehyun really love his soon-to-be-stepmother?

 

She looked up but then he turned away.

 

“How long will he be staying?”


“I don’t know, dad. I haven’t asked him yet.” Yuri replied, straightening the blanket over Taehyun again.

 

Luck brought to her of Jaejoong retiring to his hotel for the night but it looked as though the room had quieted after he left with Jessica. She wasn’t about to let the thought of them sleeping in the same room together cross her mind but the unfortunate luck had particularly appeared into her head more than what she had wanted to admit. However, the more he was away from her, the more oxygen she can have for herself.


“What about Hyunnie?” Mr. Kwon asked curiously. He shut the blinds, shutting the night outside away as will. First time ever coming to America with turmoils wasn’t at all bad with the sightings at night.

 

She didn’t frown, “What about Hyunnie.” It wasn’t a question but more of an ‘I know answer’. Yuri knew what her father was talking about but she didn’t want to answer until she was sure of herself.

 

Mr. Kwon walked over & sat back down on the chair. He studied his daughter. Half of her worries of Taehyun was gone but there were still a whole more worries of one man.

 

“Who will Hyunnie be going with after he gets well? You know the same thing will happen again, if he gets separate from his father. Don’t take that risk again, sweetie. I don’t want you to get sick over it.”

 

Yuri held onto Taehyun’s hand tightly. Not only was she worrying herself but also, she was worrying her father again. Yuri looked up with anxiety filling her eyes. She needed somebody to talk to & that only person around now was her dad. Everything that has happened lately had been kept inside of her for too long. She needed to give them air.


“Dad, do you think Hyunnie will miss me if he leaves with Jaejoong alone?”

 

Mr. Kwon compressed his brows, “What are you talking about, Yuri? Hyunnie loves you. You know that.” “But dad, you don’t understand. I saw how Hyunnie laughed being with Jaejoong & Jessica. They were like a family. I’m thinking the negatives but I can’t help it.” She swallowed, “I know Hyunnie’s going to love Jessica sooner or later. She’s going to become his stepmother. I...I have a feeling that he will forget about me with his new but great life with Jaejoong & Jessica.”


“Don’t talk like that, Yuri. You are his mother. How can he ever forget such a beautiful mother that gave birth to him? You are a great mother, Yuri.”


“So far.” She mumbled.


“What do you mean?”

 

She sighed deeply, “He’s going to get marry soon because I refused his proposal of a second marriage.”

 

“He asked you to remarry him?” Mr. Kwon asked, after a while of speechlessness.

 

Yuri jerkily nodded, “It was before I left to come back here. I thought it was one of his games.” She laughed crazily, “But it wasn’t. He asked to remarry me because of Hyunnie, not because of love. I...I refused. Now, I regretted my selfish answer. I should have known that Hyunnie was going to get sick. If I had accepted his marriage of proposal, this would had never happened. It’s all of my fault. Now, he’s going to get marry. I don’t know what I’m going to do.”

 

“Why would he ask to remarry you while engaged with Jessica?”

 

She shrugged, “I don’t know but he said he was asking me for Hyunnie’s behalf. He wouldn’t accept a no for an answer. I don’t know why he changed his mind after I gave him a no for some time.”

 

Mr. Kwon shook his head lightly in disapproval. Jaejoong really have the guts to ask his daughter’s hands of marriage again, while engaged with the woman he cheated on with Yuri. He would never really thought that the man was this mad. He was quite impress of how Jaejoong would choose Yuri & Taehyun over his fiance but half of him was quite un-pleased of how he would do such things to two women. Hadn’t his father taught him anything?

 

“Do you want to marry him again, after this?” Mr. Kwon asked, after a while.


“I...no.” She hesitated, “He’s a blasted man, dad.”


“I have no problem in this, Yuri, but as a father, I want you to make a wise choice. Hyunnie doesn’t deserve this; you don’t deserve this. It seems like you are at a dead end. You have to admit that sometimes, even though you never really wanted, too. I have never been in a place like you had but I know how it feels to be in mentally pained.”

 

He paused, waiting for her to say something but she stayed speechless for her own thoughts, “You know, after you left to come here four years ago, Jaejoong had been wondering around. He came to visit your mom & I whenever he has the time. I don’t blame him for feeling guilty but I did blame him for breaking your heart. He made sure that your mom & I were still righteous with him. I thought he was heartless after the divorcement but the truth, Yuri, he does really have that heart.”

 

Mr. Kwon pause again. This time, he didn’t wait for her to answer but stood up. Maybe his daughter needs some time to herself, “I need some caffeine. Do you want a cup?”


“No thanks. I’m fine.” She mumbled, head down.

 

He gave a nod & walked out of the room, hoping that she had really taken in his words of being a father.


Yuri looked up with a sigh of desperation after the door closed. Remarry. That was a word she hated. That was a word she was living in now. That was a word she has to do for her son’s welfare.

 

A/N: i'm sorry for updating so late. i just barely got back home around eight & i will do my best to update three more chap. before ending the night