Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 66

 

What about a kiss? What about a kiss? What about a kiss?

 

Jaejoong cursed himself for being such a fool. Of course, she would never kiss him if he ask for one, even if he never asked for it, she still wouldn’t. He growled angrily & threw the toy basketball towards the hoop. He didn’t score but it jumped back to him. More frustrated, he threw the ball against the door. Unfortunately, if flew back & hit him in the nose. Giving up, he turned to his work.


“You fool.” He mumbled, over & over. Then it became, “Stupid fool!”


“What’s up, grumpy, old man?” Junsu’s voice appeared at the door. Jaejoong didn’t look up. The door slowly closed, “You have a case in eighty minutes. Why aren’t you getting ready?”


“Stupid fool!” Jaejoong mumbled again.


“Who are you talking to?” Ahjoong’s voice popped up. Jaejoong shot his head up & saw his sister sitting in the seat next to Junsu. He grimaced & apologized.


“I didn’t see you, June.”


“Of course not. You weren’t even paying attention to Junsu Oppa. What’s got you into this mess?”

 

“Nothing.” Jaejoong said, with a sigh, got up & reached out for his briefcase.

 

Ahjoong stopped him before he can reach the door. She took the briefcase from him easily, “Now that I’m here you decided to leave? That’s very cruel to treat a little sister. If you don’t want to talk here, I will ride with you to the courthouse.”


“June.”

 

Stubborn enough, she continued to walk on, ignoring his calls. Once she reached his car, she waited patiently for him to catch up. A satisfied smile appeared on her orange lips. He gave her the ‘You win’ look & unlocked the car doors. Once in, she started to talk.


“Why are you acting like this, Jaejoong Oppa? I came to your office just to give you a nice, little visit but instead, you have to act dead in front of me.”


“I’m not in a good mood, June.”


“That, I can tell.” She stamped her foot, “I’m not in a good mood either. Tell me your little story, Oppa.”

 

His sister seemed frustrated but he knew he had find out soon enough after he tells her his little story. With a big breath, he shook his head to wake himself up, “Something about last night with Yuri. I took her out to the park after the banquet. It went well for a while & then everything seemed to drop dead.” He paused. She waited, “& that’s all.”


“You can’t be serious. I know that isn’t all.” Ahjoong knew she was pressuring him but that will only make him feel better, not worse. They can always talk to each other but it seemed like they were getting less compatible since four years ago. She sighed, “I will let you go this time, Oppa, but I got myself a problem.”

 

Jaejoong took a small glance at her, “Let me see if I can help you since I had been a jerk.”

 

She shook her head at him for name calling himself, “Actually, it concerns you more. Jessica’s back in town.” “Why?” He suddenly squinted his eyes as if he was concentrating on the road & not on the conversation of Jessica.


“I have no idea.”


“Have you talked to her?”


“Yes.” Ahjoong answered slowly. She crossed her arm, “You know I got myself a new manager a few months ago, right?” She chuckled angrily, “My former friend is back to be in the same crew as me. Isn’t that interesting?”

 

His hard concentration on the road started to make his head ache, “It won’t be that bad, June.”

 

She shook her head, “I hate it, Oppa.” She turned to look at her brother, “I know why she’s doing this.” Ahjoong mumbled something under her breath.


“Why?”


“Oh, Oppa, you are so brainless sometimes. I don’t know how you really became a lawyer.”

 

Somehow, Jaejoong chuckled, “You think that she’s back to get me, huh, smart June? Don’t put on that ‘Run over deer’ face. You are a supermodel, remember? & don’t worry so much over it, I’m sure that’s not what she’s doing. Everything’s fine between us. We are just friends now.”


“Jessica’s looking innocent & all fine, Oppa, but no, she’s back to get you.”


“You are acting like a child, June.”


“& you are acting like a jerk who’s about to cheat on his future wife again!”

 

Wrong saying, Ahjoong crammed her hands over her running mouth & groaned. She heard his hard breathing & could tell how he looked like without turning to look at him. He leaned forward, trying very hard to concentrate on the road.


“I will try to be a trustworthy husband & daddy, June.” His lips turned into a thin line, “I know I did wrong in the past & I know that you nor Yuri nor anyone would ever forgive me but I will try to live with it. If I ever cheat on Yuri again, June, will you please slap me & knock the sense out of my brainless brain? I will feel much better then.”

 

Ahjoong’s eyes glinted, “I’m sorry, Oppa. It just came out of my mouth unexpectedly.”

 

His forehead crammed with small lines, “I’m glad that you mentioned it. You have nothing to apologize.”

 

“But I really do forgive you for cheating on Yuri. I really do, Oppa.”


“Thanks.” He said, “But you haven’t say yes to slapping me if I ever cheat on Yuri again.”


“Oh, I would definitely slap you to knock out your teeth. I will never hesitate.”

 

Jaejoong chuckled, “You are the best.” He took a glance at her, “You know, June, you had never congratulate this brother of yours since he’s getting marry in two weeks & he feels pretty bad without your consent.” “Well.” She began after a while of silence, “I’m very happy for you.”


“Stop lying.” He sounded angry now, “You may want me with Yuri more than Jessica but you still don’t like her. I want you to see her good side, June.” He hesitated, “She doesn’t have a bad side.”

 

Luckily in time, Jaejoong parked his car in the parking lot & got out. Ahjoong let out a shaky breath & followed him out. She handed his briefcase over.


“Good luck on that case.”


“Try to get along with Yuri.”


“I will take a cab.”


“June.”


“Bye, Oppa.”

 

He sighed & watched her carefully as she crossed the street. Once she got to the other side, she waved back at him. He gave a little wave. As she turned around, he did the same. Walking into the courthouse, Jaejoong pulled on his famous smile.

 

Relieved that the meeting with the big boss was over, Yuri closed the door behind her & walked on ahead. All she has to do now was wait for the call that she had gotten the job. Turning, Yuri met the gym. All the doubled doors were open. With school starting, faculties & staffs were loading & unpacking school equipment.

 

Yuri smiled gracefully as a large man passed her, carrying a large box imprinted soccer on it. She straightened again, & turned ahead. A sweaty man jumped down from a high ladder & stopped her. He grinned.

 

“Hello. New?” Her brows came together but she nodded her head. He stretched out his hand, “Nice to meet you. I’m Lee Donghae. Coaching soccer & teaching english.”

 

Yuri smiled, glad to meet a teacher & coach in one body. She took his hot & sweaty hand & shook it, “I’m Kwon Yuri. Registering to be the senior’s guidance counselor.”


“It will be a tough job.”


“It might but I’m use to it. I will have to wait if I would get the job.”

 

He grinned again, this time, showing his white, straight teeth. Yuri suddenly noticed his handsome oval-shaped face. Her eyes couldn’t help but scanned his sweat suit covered body.


“You are coaching varsity?”


“Sure am. They are a tough bunch of boys.” He laughed, “But they are great.”

 

Yuri laughed along. She glanced down at her fossil perfect boyfriend three-hand date stainless steel watch, “Well, it was nice meeting you.”


“You, too. Prays tells me that you are going to get that job.”

 

She laughed again, said her goodbye & walked out of the school. That smile was still plastered on her face as she drove home. Already, she knew she was going to have a blast being a guidance counselor but that was only if she gets the job. There were thirty others who had already signed up earlier then she. Yuri pressed her pale pink lips together & parked in the park’s parking lot. Luck was that she had won Jaejoong over a bit & will have the job if they accept her.

 

Yuri got out & strolled over to the spot she & Jaejoong had picnicked on yesterday. Sitting down on the silky grass, she hesitated, thinking about yesterday night after he had said, ‘What about a kiss?’

 

*Flashback*

 

“Yul.” He had said slowly, later on, “I had really wished to kiss you before the wedding. I know it’s quite stupid for a guy to ask a girl for a kiss instead of just kissing her but I want you to agree with it & enjoy it. I don’t to force a kiss on you.”

 

She had been so silent but wouldn’t feel guilty because she wouldn’t let him kiss her. She wasn’t ready for one yet. Even if her body couldn’t move, it will be another first kiss for her.


“You will just have to wait until the wedding, Jaejoong Oppa. That seems to be your only chance.”

 

Somehow, he grinned, “Thanks. The wedding should take place right here.”

 

She didn’t refuses nor seemed irritated, “That will be lovely but it will still be a small wedding.”

 

“It would, wouldn’t it? You had always love this spot since our first date. It will make everything beautiful with the sun shining from above. The birds would be chipping. That tree over there would be the proof to our marriage &.” He turned to look at her. She said it would be lovely but she didn’t seem to be enjoying the conversation. He sighed. Right, he forgot, she hated wedding talk, “Do you know why I chose that specific date for our wedding?” He asked in a hushed tone.

 

She shook her head without thinking again. His face fell in disappointment. Was she lying to him?


“Yul, that day would had been our fifth anniversary if we had stayed married. That’s why I chose that special date.”

 

She suddenly paled, took a deep gulp of nothing & sat still. His eyes glinted. His heart throbbed with pain. With a swallow, Jaejoong turned away from looking at her beautiful face. He ruined everything again, “Are you tired yet? We can head out of here now if you are.”

 

Yes, she was tired but when she got into bed that night, she couldn’t sleep. It was horrible.

 

*End of Flashback*


Yuri turned her head & saw four children skipping ropes. A sorrowful smile tilted at the corner of her lips. If they get marry here on the spot, would children like them clap their hands? Maybe, if they don’t know that that future life of her would be a life in distress but she still cursed him for being so romantic like that one year.

 

A/N: i will update again tomorrow so see you guys :)