Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 86

 

She woke up with a bad throbbing headache & was now standing under the threshold to the parlor. She closed one eye & then another, hard, to push the pain away but nothing was working & just when she began to groan, they looked up at her & stopped their talking. Her mother stood up with an assuring smile & put an arm around to support her from falling over onto her backside.

 

“What made you drink so much? You had never had more than a cup.” Mrs. Kwon chided harshly, yet lovingly. Yuri sat down beside her father. He shook his head but she saw none of his disapproval. Taehyun, being lighthearted today, climbed onto his mommy’s lap & kissed her cheek.

 

“Morning, mommy.”


“Good morning, sweetie.”


“I guess you don’t recall anything before you passed out?” Doyeon asked, coming into the parlor & handed her a mug of coffee. Yuri thanked him & blew the coffee. No, she remembered nothing from last night. All she remembered was waking up minutes ago from a throbbing head. Never had she been drunk before nor did she know how feeling drunk feels like until last night. Maybe the consequence of being drunk is a deadly headache. She swears never to drink again. At least not that much to feel like she had been run over by a truck. She didn’t know she was overdosing herself with champagne. Did she really make a fool out of herself last night? Why was everyone staring at her? & where was Jaejoong? She looked around the parlor. He wasn’t anywhere. He was the reason why she had drank herself to the maximum of her alcohol level. She had wanted to get his attention. Instead, she got attention by making a fool out of herself in front of her guests.


“Hangover.” Doyeon lowly said. Mina punched his shoulder with a hiss. He threw her a glare but smiled thinly as she put on her fighting face.


“Where?” Yuri placed the back of her hand on her forehead but swallowed a groan, “Where is…”

 

“Are you tired? You need to go back to sleep.” Her mother interrupted quickly, & took Taehyun away from her lap.


“No, mom, I’m not tired. Where is Jaejoong?”

 

Everyone pursed his or her lips together. Yuri glanced at their faces & just as she realized what they were keeping in, she closed her eyes & leaned her head back. Mrs. Kwon soothed her hair back but still wouldn’t say anything. Yuri swallowed.


“I need some painkillers. Get me three pills please?” Nobody moved. Nor did she hear anything. Tears burned in her eyes & quickly dried without a spill. With a harsh sigh, Yuri stood up, controlled her body & walked to the kitchen. No one followed her until the third pill was slapped away from her hand lightly. Her eyes fired arrows at the person but cooled down as she gazed at Ahjoong.


“Are you trying to kill yourself or that baby inside of you?”

 

Her breathing slow down. The baby inside of her? Oh god, did she forget about the precious unborn baby? What a fool she was being. Drinking last night, she shouldn’t have. How could she have forgotten about the baby inside of her? Just because she couldn’t recall last night or why Jaejoong was gone without saying goodbye to her, she was about to kill herself & the baby without any reasons. Why didn’t someone just slap her?


“I wasn’t thinking.” Yuri breathed, turned away & put the cap back onto the small bottle. When she turned back around, Ahjoong was still there, wearing her deadly look.


“I didn’t want to be the one to tell you the bad news but I guess I am. Jaejoong Oppa went to San Francisco to help Jessica’s father in some kind case. He didn’t leave much message but left in a hurry just after the call & that was after you had passed out. He didn’t want to leave. I saw that look on his face but somehow, he did. I’m guessing it was what you had said when you were drunk. He wasn’t too happy about it & grunt at everyone who tried to stop him from going. He said he will be back in a few days.” She watched as Yuri played with her dark gray heather simply vera wang dolman pajama top, “He didn’t say before or after christmas day?”

 

“I’m not trying to hurt you by saying this, Yuri. Everyone wants a merry christmas but trust me, I’m sure he will be back before christmas. There’s only two days left. How long can he take? I’m sure whatever Inho Jung had done this time won’t be as much trouble as he owns everyone in a poker game. He’s a sore loser. Someone has to say that sometimes & he has the most cruel heart besides me.”

 

Yuri looked up at the woman. Her drenched face lightened up a bit, “I had gone through christmases without him. That is no problem. I just want this throbbing headache to disappear & got carried away with it. Thank you, Ahjoong.”


“I’m that husband of yours sister.” She said dryly.


“Do you recall what I did or said last night?”


“I passed the dining room & saw you hovering over some guy. Or rather, he was hovering over you. I didn’t want to hear what you were saying so I left the job to Oppa. We were talking when daddy came by to say that you were drunk. I guess Oppa heard the whole thing or he wouldn’t be so mad.” She paused, “Donghae, that was his name. I wouldn’t stop questioning Oppa until he told me what happened but unfortunately, he only gave me the man’s name.”

 

Yuri groaned & covered her face with her palm, “Thank you, Ahjoong.”

 

Ahjoong straightened up, “Don’t thank me.” She said, “Is this Donghae a lover of yours?”


“No.” She detested with a tight frown, “He’s a friend of mine at the school.”


“Sure.” Ahjoong snorted, walking out.

 

Yuri sighed & walked to the sink. She leaned over, feeling sick. Everyone makes mistake but this mistake was over the topic. How could she had gone drunk so easily? What could she have said to make Jaejoong so mad? Yuri groaned. Unconscious, mouth-watering saliva came out of . As the last drop hit the sink, she wiped with the back of her hand. She the water & turned it off lifelessly.

 

Whatever made her like this, it wasn’t half the drunkenness. It was the feeling of Jaejoong leaving her alone for a few days, maybe even for christmas. This christmas without him would be lifeless like she was feeling right now. What reasoned does Mr. Jung have to take Jaejoong away from christmas with his family? He’s a cold-hearted man & she knew he was trying to ruin their christmas. Or much more, only her christmas.

 

She wanted Jaejoong for christmas. If he wants to give her the most wonderful gift of the century, he will be back in time. She knew she couldn’t lie to herself. All she ever wanted was her husband. She wouldn’t say she love him. She wouldn’t tell anyone. Not even her mother but she knows that her mother knows. A mother always knows.

 

Yuri turned around & leaned her back against the sink. The back door was heard closing & Mina’s head popped through the kitchen threshold.


“We are going fishing down steam. Are you coming?”

 

She shook her head, “No, but be sure Hyunnie is wearing his coat. It’s cold outside & keep him close.”

 

“I will. See you later at dinner & you will be expecting a big trout from Taecyeon Oppa. He’s great at fishing.” Yuri nodded. Mina waved & dashed away. Letting out a big breath, Yuri exited the kitchen, listening to the quietness of the house. She walked down the dimly lit hall & entered the parlor. The christmas tree’s light was still flashing. She turned right & picked up the phone. From memory, Yuri dialed Donghae’s phone number with hesitation. It ringed one time before she thought of hanging up but then his voice came through the phone.


“Hi, Donghae Oppa. This is Yuri. I’m sorry to bother you but I...I need to apologize from what I did last night.” She actually needed to know what she did last night.

 

“Oh. It’s fine. You were just too drunk & I think it was your first time being drunk.” He chuckled. Yuri frowned. Nothing was funny, “You didn’t mean everything you said last night, did you? Even if you were drunk.”

 

Her frown deepened. She stretched the back of her neck, trying to recall everything. It was as if she had lost her memory from a fall. Nothing came in a flash as she had wished for but she wasn’t about to ask him what she said last night, “Half & half I guess.” Yuri hesitated before saying. She swore she could imagine him frowning, “Half & half?”

 

Yuri bit her bottom lips, “Yes, half & half.” She repeated unwillingly, wishing that he will tell her what she said last night.


“Where were you last night? You disappeared after spilling a cup of champagne.”

 

Why can’t he stay on the same topic? “I think I passed out. I’m sorry I left without telling you. I wasn’t thinking clearly.”


“Then you weren’t thinking clearly of what you had said?”


“I.” She messaged her throbbing temple, walked to the couch & sat down, “No?” She questioned more to herself.


“No?” He sounded discontent, “Well, I guess it isn’t half & half anymore.”

 

She groaned inwardly, “I’m still sorry. I….I have to go now.”


“Hold on. I have a small christmas present to give you. I accidentally forgot to give it to you last night. Should I come to your house?”

 

“No, I mean, you already gave me a pin.”


“That was a teacher to teacher present. I got this gift just a few hours ago & I want to give it to you. I got Hyunnie something, too.”


“Alright.” She accepted with a small sigh, “But I will come by tomorrow to pick up the present.” She looked at the clock. It was already five, “Bye.” She quickly hung up & closed her eyes.

 

Things were getting worst. Had she said something a married woman shouldn’t have said? Oh yes, she had. She can just clarify Donghae’s voice like every man falling in love. He had clearly said it in unspoken words & she was the one who had caused it.

 

The phone rang, breaking her deep thoughts & opening her eyes. Yuri pressed the talk button & placed the phone to her ear, “Hello.” No response, “Hello?”

 

“Hey.” The voice stopped her breathing. She pressed the phone closer to her ear, wanting to devour his voice. How she miss him & he called. He actually called. She wasn’t expecting it; she didn’t think he would call at all. He did after all but for what?


“Hey. You called.” She can see him smiling with a nod.


“I’m now with my cell phone.” He sweetly said, “How are you?”


“Me? I...I’m fine.”


“Hangover?” He laughed. Yuri brought up a smile. Maybe it was funny in a way, “You were drunk last night. You couldn’t be fine.”

 

She shrugged, “Maybe I’m not but what was I supposed to say?”

 

“Maybe you will say that you miss me right now & want me back home for christmas. That will make me feel much better.”


“Are you sick?”

 

He groaned, “Sick without you here. I miss you.” Her smile widened but somehow, a tear slipped down her eyes.


“What did I do last night, Oppa? Please tell me & why are you in San Francisco? You didn’t wake me up or leave a note behind. Did I say something to make you mad? If I did, I’m sorry. I was drunk & wasn’t thinking. I don’t even remember what I had said.”


“You are crying.”


“No, I’m not.”


“Yes, you are! Stop lying, Yul! Tell me why you drank so much last night?! Are you trying to make me jealous?! If you are, you didn’t succeed!” His voice was raising. It wasn’t the same when he first spoke so sweetly.

 

“Yes, I’m mad at you. You should had thought about the baby in your stomach. Do you know what could have happened to the baby? It was your first time being drunk. If you don’t love me, why did you have to tell the person you called cute?”

 

“I...I what?”

 

He growled lowly, “I called because I missed you. I didn’t call to talk about last night but it stupidly slipped out of my mouth. While I’m away, Yul, please try not to cheat on me.”

 

Yuri opened in surprises. Before she can speak, he beat her to it, “I don’t think I will make it for christmas. I’m sorry but merry christmas to you. Tell Hyunnie I’m sorry with my love. Goodbye.”

 

He quickly hung up. Yuri did the same after the dial tone ringed in her ear for a few seconds. She felt lost but then she had found out what she had done last night. He called because he missed her. How can she have a merry christmas without him. He wasn’t sorry at all & maybe she shouldn’t be either.


Anger raised up in her blood veins. So what if he was having a merry christmas with the Jung family? She would care less now. It was just drunkenness last night in her blood. It was a mistake.