Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 104

 

Another turning point had hit them again. Doyeon had left, leaving the divorce papers up to Ahjoong. She still refused to sign it after he had gotten himself a lawyer. Unlike most models, her broken relationship with Doyeon didn’t go within the press’s world. It was silent & as Yuri watched the plane depart, she released a sigh of agony that had been kept in too long. Jaejoong pressed her arm, reassuring her of every possible way of happiness. It was weird, watching minutes ago the woman next to him was smiling as if she was his wife. No, it was wrong. Doyeon was still married to only one woman named Kim Ahjoong.

 

“Are you alright?”


“Yeah.” She said, nodding her head sadly. Looking up at him, she smiled thinly & said, “Let’s go home.” She looked around & then frowned, “Where is Hyunnie?”


“He left with your parents.” Jaejoong leaned down & kissed her hair, “He was calling you but I guess you were watching that plane depart into the air you didn’t hear him wanting an ice cream.”


“Oh.” It came out as a mumble. Yuri stared straight ahead as Jaejoong led her out of the airport. Her brows narrowed, “Jae Oppa, what did you think of Sunny?”

 

“Sunny?” He asked, quite surprised, “Well, I don’t know. She’s sweet in a manly way & very kind.”

 

“So, you didn’t think she was breaking up Doyeon & Ahjoong’s relationship?”

 

Jaejoong angled to look at Yuri as she did the same. He hesitated, opening the door to the car. Yuri waited for him to answer. As he didn’t, she grimaced unwillingly & entered the car. She sat down & stared straight ahead. Heat climbed up her neck to her cheeks, wondering why he was hesitating. The side of his door closed & the engine started.

 

Yuri turned to him, eyes sharp, “Why didn’t you answer me?”

 

He put the gear on reverse, took a small glance at her & backed up the car, “I was waiting for you to get into the car.” & he knew she knows he was lying. Before she can speak, he injected, “I’m not saying that she didn’t break up Doyeon & Ahjoong’s relationship but…”


“You are implying it in your voice, Oppa. I can hear you clearly. There’s no use to lie.” She angled her head sharply to look straight at the lines on the road again. She seemed to growl at herself, “I don’t think Ahjoong mean to do it, Oppa. She’s afraid of having a baby.” Yuri swallowed thickly, “I was. I was scared.” She jerked slightly as his hand covered hers, “There’s no use to comfort me, Oppa. I went through it, I’m over the nervousness & fright.”


“If I wasn’t driving now, I would make you look into my eyes.” He pressed her hand lightly, “I’m sorry.” “You were forgiven long ago when I told you I love you.”


“I know, but I’m sorry I wasn’t there to hold your hands when that little son of ours were making his way into this wonderful world. It would have been much easier for you & him.” Jaejoong took a glance at her & then turned back to driving, “Are you ready to have another one, Yul? I will make sure that I’m there. Kill me if I’m not.”


“I’m barren, Oppa. Do not you remember?” Yuri whispered, leaning the side of her head & looking out at the trees, “I doubt that there will be a miracle. I felt the pain.”


“Don’t talk like that. Where’s the stubborn woman I love so much? I love it more when your temper raises.” Jaejoong sighed, despite the tone of his voice, “Please don’t think of the bad things, Yul. It’s over already. We talked about it & we will talk more if you want to.” He pressed his foot slowly on the brakes & parked the car. Turning to face her, he smiled, “Come on, let’s go in.”

 

His fingers found the handle & opened the door. As he got out, she did also. Hands together, Jaejoong swung her arms along with him, “I miss being young.” He laughed, “Remember when you were a college student & I a young lawyer? We use to go to the park every week. I remember pushing you on the swing while your silky hair flies into your face.”


“& when I push you, you pretend to fall down & hug your knees together, blaming it on me.”

 

Jaejoong squeezed her close to his body, laughing “I was being cute.” He exhaled from the blowing breeze. Instead of opening the door, he turned left & walked over to the porch swing with her by the side. Settling down, his arms held her close & his feet began to rock the swing, “I don’t think Sunny had intercepted into their relationship. I think it’s fate’s unwilling hands. See.” He kissed her hair, “We are meant to be after a hardship.”

 

A small but yet doleful smile lifted up at the corner of her glossy pale pink lips, “We are, huh?” She inhaled, “What do you think Ahjoong’s going to do?”


“I’m not sure but let’s find out.” He prepared to stand up, looking at the car driving into the driveway. Taking Yuri by the hand, they walked down the porch again, just as Ahjoong stepped out of her car, “What are you doing here, June? Is something wrong?”

 

Ahjoong took off her shades, threw it carelessly into her pocketbook & then flipped her hair back. Before answering, she held a packet of papers towards him, “Give this to Doyeon. It’s the papers he loves so much. I’m tired of his lagging voice.”


“You signed it?” He asked, taking the small packet of papers into his hand.

 

Ahjoong glared at Jaejoong, “Of course.” Her voice sounded weak as she said so. Realizing her mistake, she cleared , “I’m sure Yuri knows the address of the place he & his girlfriend will be staying at.” Her eyes shifted over, “If the papers doesn’t get to him, forget it. I will not be signing another one.” She her heels.


“Your welcome, June. I know mom taught you better manners,” Jaejoong said slowly, knowing fully well how hurt she was.

 

Ahjoong closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down. Another breath in & then another breath out, she inserted, “Thank you Jaejoong Oppa.”


“Goodbye & drive safely.” As Ahjoong got into the car & drove off, he turned to meet Yuri. A sly smile appeared at the corner of his lips, “What, honey?”

 

Yuri shook her head, “Nothing.”

 

“Fine if you don’t want to talk to me.” He said teasingly. They walked back onto the porch & settled down on the swing again, silently. He looked down at her after a few minutes had passed. Her eyes were closed & the sun ray warmed her cheeks. He shifted his body, protecting her from the sunlight. As he saw her smile, he whispered, “She loves your brother.”

 

Yuri nodded, “I noticed.” She opened her eyes & stared at him, “I wish I can make them happy together.” “Happier than us?”

 

She laughed, “Well…”


“No way. We are going to be the happiest & hottest couples on this earth. Do you hear me, Yul? We are the one.”


“You silly man.” Yuri placed her palm on his chest & raised her body to kiss him hard. The kiss lasted less than five seconds, disappointing Jaejoong. Now, above him, she looked down into his eyes with laughters, “Even when we are old & wrinkle?”

 

“Yes, even when you are old & wrinkle.”


“Oppa.”

 

The thunder roared outside & then came along the lightning. Yuri groaned, pressing herself closer to Jaejoong, “Great. Just great. It’s raining & tomorrow we were planning to have a picnic outside.”


“Don’t worry about it. Who knows? The sun might come out tomorrow.” To reassure her, he kissed her forehead with a smile, “But if it still rains then we will just have the picnic inside. How about it, darling?” “I guess.” She closed her eyes just as another thunder came.

 

Jaejoong sighed under his breath. His eyes moved to the window. The twigs on the branches scratched the windowpane. Blue lights flashed every minute. He sighed again. There was a feeling amiss inside of him tonight. He couldn’t quite figure it out. A feeling he had never experienced before.


“I love you, Yul. So, so much.”

 

She peered up at him, smiling “I love you too, Oppa.”

 

He buried his face into her hair & murmured, “But I love you more.” Tilting her chin up, he kissed her just as the door to the bedroom opened. Taehyun with his blanket & teddy bear at arms pouted in the dark, “Hyunnie not scare.” He sniffed, “Daddy, can Hyunnie sleep?”

 

Jaejoong chuckled, parting from his wife’s precious lips, “Of course, honey, come here.” He kissed her again, before breaking away, making way for Taehyun. Stumbling over, Taehyun slung his teddy bear as he popped onto the bed, hitting Jaejoong on the head. His little leg peeped under the blankets & then his head hit the pillows.


“Mommy scare?”

 

Yuri smiled, “Yes. That’s why I need you here to protect me. Your daddy’s a chicken.” She hid her laugh as Jaejoong gently kicked her feet, “Your daddy’s a meanie.”


“& your mommy’s a brat.” Yuri winkled her nose, kicking Jaejoong back. He chuckled & caught her ankles between his, “Mrs. Kim, what are you trying to do?” Yuri grumbled under her breath.


“Why is daddy kicking you, mommy?”

 

Yuri raised her brows, “Because your daddy is a meanie.” She, herself, released her feet from his trap, “Go to sleep, Oppa.”


“Yeah, daddy, go to sleep.”


“Oh, so now you are on your mommy’s side, huh? Fine, I will just go get myself some cookies from the kitchen.” He raised.


“No, daddy. Hyunnie on your side.” He laughed & jumped up, “Cookies. Yummy in my tummy.”

 

“I thought so, you tricky boy.” Ruffling Taehyun’s hair, Jaejoong picked him up & placed him on his hips, “You want anything, Yul?”


“No thanks & don’t you dare give him too many cookies, Oppa. If he’s sick tomorrow, it’s your fault.” She shook her head as Jaejoong mumbled something about woman under his breath as he walked out of the dark room. Her eyes closed gently. Her ears listening to the muffled words of her husband & son. She smiled. They were all of what she wanted after all.

 

Yuri turned over to her side, facing the window. She saw a spark of lightning & wondered where she will be without the two men she loves most. The ending to their story will never end, even after it has ended. She hugged the blanket & closed her eyes just as Jaejoong’s cell phone rang.

 

Rolling over, Yuri reached over for the cell, unplugged it from the charger & pressed it to her ear.

 

“Hello.” She smiled, watching as Jaejoong & Taehyun entered the room chattering.


“Give that to your mommy. I know she’s hungry.”

 

Holding a cup of milk in his hands, Jaejoong helped Taehyun up onto the bumpy bed. He took a sip, peering at his wife. The smile on her face had slowly disappeared. He frowned, placed the cup onto the nightstand & climbed onto the bed.


“Who is it?”

 

Her face looked paler than before. Her hand slid down along with the phone. She blinked & then her lips began to tremble. Concerned, Jaejoong reached out for her. He angled her face to look at him with his fingers. Her eyes glinted as a lightning strike from outside. His brows narrowed deeper. He cupped her chin & made her look into his eyes.


“Yul.”

 

She opened to speak.


“Mommy, your cookie.” A chunk of it was heard eaten.


“Honey, what’s wrong? Who was it?”


She shook her head slowly & whispered, “Jessica killed herself.”