Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 101

 

She smiled lightly, “I knocked but no one answered & the doorbell, I think it’s broken.”

 

Yuri stare & frowned but not in confusion. She lightly swallowed, blinked heavily & exhaled slowly. He invited her. What a surprises, “I’m sorry, Mina broke it.” Another swallow & then somehow her feet managed to led her down the stairs. She followed herself, hesitating with her hands as she folded them together.

 

Magically, the corner of Jessica’s mouth thinned. She stared at Yuri then said, “I hope you don’t mind me being here.”


“Jaejoong Oppa invited you.”


“He might have.” She said, shaking her head, “But you two didn’t.”

 

“It doesn’t matter anyway.” Yuri kept her head up, “The party is in the parlor. We will be starting in a bit.” She took an invisible deep breath. A good hostess wouldn’t fail her guests, “I will.” A high shriek came from the parlor. Yuri hid her smile. A little boy had already begun opening his presents.


“I have something for you.” Jessica said, before Yuri can continue her sentence. She handed a gift bag over, “It’s for the baby. I won’t be here when you give birth to him or her.” A thin smile crossed her glossy baby pink lips, “Congratulations again.” She seemed to sigh, “I will go see the birthday boy now.” Without another look, Jessica walked down the hall after a frozen hand accepted the gift.

 

She stood there, dead & motionless. It had already begun. Why did the first have to hurt so much? No, she couldn’t blame the woman. She didn’t know. She wasn’t supposed to know.

 

Her face paled, cold, expressionless, Yuri deadly walked down the empty hall. Her left hand moved to turn the knob of the back door, the other still held the gift bag. Cold air brushed passed her. She didn’t feel herself shiver; she was already frozen. Her feet led her out of the house, down the porch & onto the soft ground. She stumbled. She walked & she stumbled again.

 

At last, Yuri closed her eyes & fell down onto the winter, brown grass. She swallowed, feeling crackling up. Her fingers moved; tingles ran through them. A tear fell down her cheek & froze midway. Slowly in motion of progress, she brought her hand up & touched the single tear with her cold fingers. Her eyes opened gradually.

 

What was it that she was feeling? Too many. Too many. Eyes closed again. Yuri breathed in deeply. Quickly, she wiped her frozen cheeks. It was useless, so useless. She opened her eyes. A hard breeze passed by. She now shivered & hugged herself close. A sharp sting poked her arm. She pulled the gift bag back & stared at it for a moment.

 

How she wished the baby was still inside of her. How she wished that they should have never had that argument. How she regretted everything. The first marriage, the cheating, the divorce, the court, the second marriage & the miscarriage, how could all have happened? It possibly couldn’t have but it was.

 

Yuri jerked as warmness covered her body. She averted her head sharply & met the face of her husband. He blinked then smiled warmly, “Why are you out here?” As she didn’t answer, he peered at the gift bag then back at her, “Who is that from?” When she didn’t answer the second time, Jaejoong took the bag into his hands. Before peeking, he read the little note card. His face blanched, “Jessica’s here?”


“You invited her, remember?”


“Do you mind?”

 

“No.” She looked away, seeing that his eyes were fully on the note card. She her dry lips, “What are you doing out here? How’s Ahjoong?”


“You do mind.” Jaejoong stared at the side of her face, “I don’t want to change the subject now, Yul. I want to talk about this.” He shifted his movements & settled down next to her. He took a moment before speaking again, “If you don’t want to accept it, I will return it back to her. There’s no problem in that. She will understand.”


“You don’t even know what’s in there.” Yuri whispered.

 

Jaejoong sighed, took a look at the bag & then looked back at her, “Did you look?” Yuri took her time to shake her head, “I’m sorry, Yul. Look, I will just give this back to her. Everything will be alright.”

 

She angled her head & looked at him in the eye, “Everything’s not alright, Oppa. It’s a present. Even though I will hate looking at it, I still am going to keep it.”

 

His lips thinned, “Let’s have a look than, shall we?” He handed the bag over to her. Still looking at him, Yuri brought her hand up & took the bag by the handle. She took an invisible inhale & turned. Her fingers slightly widened the opening. She blinked, stared & then reached inside. Fingers felt thick woven yarns then the warmness of thick cotton. She pulled the pair out & examined them.


“That one would have perfectly looked beautiful on her.” Jaejoong whispered, pointing to the cotton pink dress. Then he slowly encircled his right arm beneath the bordeaux wool-cashmere circle cardigan he had put over her & held onto her waist, “& that.” He whispered again, pointing to the woven blue shirt, “Would have looked cute on him.”

 

The right corner of her lips tilted upward. She soothed her fingers along the fine work, “It would, wouldn’t it?” He nodded ever so lightly. She turned to face him again.


“Thank you.”

 

Jaejoong teasingly raised a brow, “For what?”


“For making me understand it all.” She blinked dreamily, “I wouldn’t have gone through this without you, Oppa. You are the best. I know you still blame yourself & I still blame myself but.”


“We will go through it together.” He finished for her, “It will take quite some time but I promise you, Yul, that no matter what, I will always be there for you.” He cupped her cheeks into the palm of his hands, “It was a tough time but we experienced something we have always doubted & do you know what that is?” He smiled, “We are great parents.”

 

Jaejoong leaned in & brushed his lips across Yuri’s so lightly. With his forehead against hers, he took in a deep breath & said, “I love you.”

 

She blinked heavenly, “Only me?”

 

He chuckled, “& Hyunnie but.” He leaned in, pulled her closer & kissed her again, but this time fully on the mouth. Her heart fluttered. She turned hot. Loosening her fingers from the baby clothes, Yuri circled her arms about Jaejoong’s neck. His hands dug into her now messy hair, making the kiss turn into an obsession of craving for her.

 

Several long seconds of kissing, Yuri pulled back to get some air. Hearing his chuckles, she opened her eyes. He shook his head, “Can’t compete with the champion of kissing?” Her lips seemed as if she was pouting, “I’m just joking, honey.” He pulled her in close again, “As I was saying, I love you & Hyunnie but I love kissing that pouting lips of yours more.”


“That’s very nice.” Yuri said, still breathless. She peered up at him; a desire of want was still lingering inside of her. Without hesitation, she took him by his black marl heather custom-fit mesh polo shirt & smacked her lips onto his. Jaejoong chuckled inwardly & invited her in.


“Daddy, mommy. Hyunnie birthday.”

 

“Hmmm?” Yuri mumbled, still into the kiss.

 

Jaejoong broke off the kiss & leaned back, laughing. Yuri opened her eyes & narrowed her eyes down at him. He raised his eyebrows, “Patience, Yul. Our son is looking for us.”


“Huh? Oh.” She quickly brushed her hair back in place as best as she could with her fingers. Nervous laughs came out of unchecked, “I...I forgot.”


“It’s okay.” Jaejoong stood up & helped her up with the support of his arms. He stared as she neatly placed the clothes back into the gift bag, “What are you going to do with those?”

 

“I’m not sure.” She answered, looking up at him.

 

He nodded lightly, “We will figure out something.”

 

“Daddy. Mommy.” Taehyun’s little feet ran towards them, looking as if he was going to trip any second. Midway to them, he did stumbled & fell onto his chubby stomach.


“Hyunnie.”

 

He laughed, getting up onto his little feet again, “Hyunnie birthday, mommy. Hyunnie birthday.” As he reached them, he started to tug on the end of her black v-neckline, lace-trim velvet dress. His bright eyes, seeing the gift bag, brightened more, “Is that for Hyunnie, mommy?”

 

Yuri smiled, “It’s for both of us, sweetheart.” Jaejoong squeezed her arm lightly.

 

Taehyun clapped his hands but his whole impatience was on the waiting chocolate strawberry cake, “Cake, mommy.” He jumped up & down, causing his soft hair to cover his eyes. Yuri bent down & soothed the locks of hair away, “Go on in, Hyunnie. We will be right there alright?” He bobbed his head & without a second, he dashed across the grass to the porch & entered the house.


“Are you ready?”

 

Yuri looked up at him, “Of course.” She said, exhaling. He led her towards the house. Three steps taken, she stopped & looked up at Jaejoong. He gazed down at her questioningly, “Where’s Ahjoong?”


“She went back home.” Her eyes slowly widened in disbelief, “She demanded.” Jaejoong said, before Yuri can open . He started to walk again, with her beside him, “She can take care of herself.” He grimaced, unnoticed, thoroughly knowing himself that he hated leaving her in a state like that. At the stairs, Jaejoong stopped & turned to face her, “Ahjoong told me to tell you that she’s sorry. She didn’t mean it. I hope you do understand her feelings.”


“I do.”

 

He slightly smiled, “Come on, the cake is waiting.” As she didn’t move, he turned back to her, “What’s wrong?”

 

She stared at him long then shook her head, “Nothing.”

 

Jaejoong frowned. Circling one arm about her waist, he tilted her chin up with the other, “Come on, Yul, what is it?” Yuri narrowed her brows. She played with her bottom lips. Jaejoong pulled her closer; wanting to know whatever was in her mind, “A penny for your thoughts.” He whispered.

 

Yuri looked down & then looked back up into his eyes, “How did Jessica know that we live here?” She searched his eyes as he was still staring down at her, “I had nev…”


“She came here once.” He interrupted slowly. Yuri angled her head two-degree, seeking for more explanation. Jaejoong cleared his throat effortlessly, “She was looking for me.”


“What for?”

 

Frowning, he replied, “I forgot.” A sad corner lifted up at the corner of her lips. She stepped to the left, ready to go back inside but he followed her movement, “Are you mad?” His voice sounded concern, though she couldn’t quite understand why, “Nothing happened, Yul. Hyunnie…”


“I know.” Yuri said, closing her eyes delicately then gazed up at him, “I trust you.”

 

He smiled, “Thank you &?”

 

She frowned, “&?”


“If you trust me, do you not love me as well?” His smile widened, “Remember that day? It was months ago. You said it had take a lifetime until you can trust me wholeheartedly again, but.” He lightly hit his forehead against hers, “It didn’t. You trust me now & I know that you love me, Yul; you just won’t say it out. Please, if you love me, just say it? I will always be waiting & keeping it inside of your heart won’t do any good. We are husband & wife now. We love each other & we are great parents so?”

 

Yuri laughed & kissed him. She circled her arms around his neck, “Oppa, I love you.” Then his lips landed on hers. She parted her lips & invited him in. His hands began to explore her. She moaned, pulling him to her body ever so closely. Fire. Passion. Love. Two body in one. He, again, dug his fingers into her hair. The kiss’s speed increased until one little voice was heard calling their names again.

 

Jaejoong, cursing under his breath, pulled back & stared into her eyes, “Dammit, woman. Did you know how long I had been waiting for you to say that?” Yuri laughed, blushing “But I thank you.” He brushed a lock of hair away from her face, “Before we go back in, say those three words once more.”

 

Yuri tilted her head teasingly, “Why?”

 

He pinched the tip of her nose, “Just say it.”


“I love you.” She laughed.


“But I love you more.”

 

Yuri stopped laughing, peered up at him & smiled, “I will never get tired of you.”


“& you better not.” He brushed his lips across hers, “I love you. I love you. I love you. Now, isn’t that much better?” She nodded her head, “Come on then, let’s go back inside.” He playfully slapped her behind, “Watch out for tonight, princess.”


Yuri laughed as Jaejoong led her up the stairs. To their surprises as they entered the parlor, Jessica had already left the party.