Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 59

 

She has to be strong. She just has to. The man sitting in front of her was looking at her with a questioning look. She can’t turn into a weakling. There was no way she would back down after all of those thinking last night. She had gone through enough & enough was enough. Their son needs to have both parents living over the same roof.


“What is it, Yuri?” He asked, once again, for the eighth time.

 

She looked towards Taehyun who was still sleeping on the hospital bed. It wasn’t the best place to talk but she has to be near him.


“I know your wedding with Jessica is in two weeks.” She said quietly, “I don’t want to destroy it but with Hyunnie being sick, I had been thinking about what you had asked me.” She swallowed, her eyes still on Taehyun but she can feel Jaejoong’s eyes on her, “You asked me to remarry you. Is that still available?”

 

Silence answered her. Yuri closed her eyes. She had gone too fast. Maybe she should have explained all of her reasons first but of course, it may not be available. She didn’t want to make a fool out of herself but yet, she was waiting for his answer.

 

“Why do you ask?”

 

Yuri glanced up, quite surprised at the question. Even if she didn’t have to explain her reasons, he should have known them. Unless, he just wanted to embarrass her. Just at how he looked at her handsomely, she couldn’t quite get her head to work than.

 

“I thought you wanted to remarry me.” She answered instead.

 

He blinked, then turned away from her. She compressed her brows. He did ask to remarry her earlier, right? Why was he acting like he didn’t know what was going on?


“I did.” Jaejoong finally answered, “But you didn’t.”


“I...I didn’t think that Hyunnie will get sick.”

 

“So did I.” He turned back to look at her. She wanted to look away but somehow, his eyes caught her into a sticky web. She was trap with the handsome, black spider, “But I asked you, Yuri. You answered me as if you didn’t care about Hyunnie. Now that after he’s sick, you decided to reconsider your answer?”

 

She was silent then said, “I didn’t reconsider my answer. I asked you if the spot was still open.”

 

“What if it isn’t?”

 

Yuri swallowed. Now she knew. Jaejoong was trying to make this hard for her. He was trying to see her weak side.


“Then we both suffer Hyunnie’s sicknesses.” She answered smartly, “We can go through it thousands of times until he.” She trailed off, on that subject.


“So, you are just thinking about that now? You didn’t think about how much it will hurt Hyunnie to be detached from you or me in one of those months? We didn’t know that he will get sick but we knew that he had miss the one he’s separated from. I asked you to remarry me because of that, Yuri, because of Hyunnie’s sake.”


“You were being a jerk, Jaejoong Oppa!” She said, somewhat of a raising voice, “You are engage with the woman you cheated on with me but then, you wanted to cheat on her with me in a way of difficulties! Did you even think of how much it would had hurtled Jessica?!”

 

He blinked slowly, “I did but then again, Yuri, you refused my proposal. Now, did you even think of how much it will hurt Jessica after she tried to comfort you throughout Hyunnie’s sickness?”

 

Her eyes hardened. The man dared to push back. She raised her chin, “I don’t want to her hurt, Oppa, but I know I will. I’m just doing this for Hyunnie.”

 

He raised a brow, a cute one to be exact, “You don’t want to hurt her?” It was more of a question to his thoughts, “Then you didn’t care if she had stole me away from you?”

 

The past again.

 

“She did steal you away from me, Oppa, but you broke the marriage vows & stole yourself away from me. Jessica didn’t do all of it by herself.”

 

Jaejoong didn’t reject her answer but nodded. Damn, he had never thought of that! She was right. He did help Jessica steal himself away from Yuri. What a cruel man he was & now, he couldn’t quite understand why he had fallen in love with Jessica so fast & divorced his wife like a snap. Had he even think before speaking out the hideous word? Lord, he could curse himself for the rest of his life.


“You hate me for that.” A statement of his again.

 

Oh, it was more than that. She could go on with the lists & he would never feel guilty with regrets. He was a man who can never find what he had done to hurt a woman’s life but it was going to be two women after he answered yes.

 

“Much more.” Yuri answered. Taehyun stirred with a moan. She patted his shoulder. Jaejoong did the same & with that, both never knew that they were still great parents. With Taehyun going into his deep sleep again, she turned to look at her ex-husband.


“Mind to name them all?” He asked.

 

She stared at him curiously. Did he think that if she named them all he could mend what he had done? If so, the man was impossible. It will be a waste of time just like a waste of time slapping his princely face.

 

“I would love to but we are on the point of the remarrying question.” & Yuri had never thought that she would say that word so many times. Hating it was enough.

 

First, he hesitated. Then second, he suggested not answering the question again, “I promise to marry Jessica.” He said quietly.

 

She tilted her head to the side. Anger burned inside her bumping heart, “& you promised to love me through sickness & death & you promised me you had never cheat on me & you promised never to break your promises but.” She laughed crazily, “You broken them all anyway.”

 

He nodded, not wanting to think about what she had just said & why did she have to bring it up so melancholy with a doddering laugh? It made him sick to the stomach with a pain he had never felt before. Promises. Promises. Promises. Just danged the word!


“I guess the spot isn’t available after all.” Yuri said, after a long silence.

 

Jaejoong shook his head slowly, “I never said it wasn’t.”

 

Yuri squinted her eyes. He was taking this slowly, she can tell. What did he really want her to say? Was he now not accepting a yes? Or whatever was he trying to do?


“But you didn’t answer me.”


“& you didn’t answer me.”

 

‘We are so equal there.’ Jaejoong thought. Yes, he was taking this subject slowly. Maybe he wanted to annoy her like she had him. Or maybe he just wanted to listen to her sing but yet, angry voice. He knows exactly why she wanted to remarry him. All her reasons were his reasons. Well, maybe the exception of one reason. He has a big crush on her. She has nothing on him but a big crush of hatred. What hideous equalness again.


“Your question again?” Yuri asked, finally snatching her own eyes back & looking down at Taehyun. She held his hand, hoping that he will help her through the whole conversation through his deep sleep.


“Why do you want to remarry me?”

 

Of course, that was the question. How could she forget? Maybe with a quick snap it will be over. She had never really wanted nor thought that the talk would be this long.


“Because of Hyunnie.” Yuri said firstly. He nodded, indicating for her to continue, even though she wasn’t looking at him, “I don’t want him to get sick like this again. He’s been through enough because of us. We are torturing his childhood life. I want him to have a lovely memory of what he had done with us when he grows up. I know he will get sick again, after you leave & I don’t want that to happen. I want him to learn how to fish like every boy does with his daddy. I want him to have dinner with both of us. He deserves everything that we haven’t given him yet.” Yuri paused. Maybe she was going too far with her private thoughts. Averting, she saw him looking directly at her.

 

Had he been listening to her one bit?

 

His eyes were dreamy, looking directly at her eyes now. The cornered of his lips were lightly tilted up. Truth is, he had been looking at her throughout her entire boring talk without paying attention to a single word she said.

 

She frowned. Suddenly, his smile disappeared & he glanced down. With a of his lips, Jaejoong looked back up again. Her frown went invisible. She now stared at him, not knowing what he would do next.


“There are some conditions.” He suddenly said.


“Conditions? What do you mean?”

 

He shook his head then, knocking out the subject, “The spot is always available for you, Yuri.”

 

Was that relaxation that had just settled in her body? Or was it the butterfly feelings? Nonetheless, he had answered her but his voice was husky just after he had dragged his smile & said something about some conditions. It wasn’t at all hot in the room but then, she felt herself turning warm. Was that happiness she was feeling? No, it wasn’t the happiness for her but happiness for her son but what exactly was she feeling? Yuri blinked then woke up from her daydreaming. Her eyes were locked with his again. His eyes softened. His body relaxed & he was ready.


“Kwon Yuri.” His voice was husky again, “Will you remarried me?”

 

Yuri blinked, surprised in awe. She hadn’t expected him to propose to her like that but somehow, her heartbeat had quickened & she seemed to stop breathing. His voice. It was all about his voice & of how he had said it. It was as if he really wanted to remarry her. It was as if he wanted to spend his whole entire life with her. It was as if it was his first time asking a woman to marry him, not remarry him but it was very sugary-sweet after all. She has to admit that to herself.


“Yes.” She whispered, afraid of her words, afraid of hurting Jessica & afraid of the marriage.

 

He smiled then but the smile disappeared as fast as it had came on, “I don’t have a ring to give to you.”

 

She shook her head lightly, “It doesn’t matter.”


“It isn’t a real proposal if there’s no ring.” He said sadly.

 

“It isn’t.” Yuri whispered again. Jaejoong frowned at her sharply, “It isn’t a real proposal. Remember, we are only doing this for Hyunnie’s behalf.”


“It’s a real marriage, Yuri.”


“No, it’s for Hyunnie’s behalf!” She argued again.


Jaejoong shook his head with two slow but violent shakes. His eyes turned dark gradually again. She couldn’t help but swallow, “It’s a real proposal. A real marriage. A real life living together. Everything about this will seriously be real. Hyunnie’s part of it but there are conditions, Yuri. Do you want to hear one?” His voice was hard & he didn’t wait or wanted to hear her answer, “You are to give me another child with my seed.”