Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 57

 

She lifted her head slowly. A knock. She heard a light knock. Averting her head to look at Taehyun, Yuri stood up & walked gradually to the door. She placed her hand on the doorknob but it began to turn. To her surprises, the door pushed in. She stepped back & looked back up to see him.

 

Jaejoong stared at her. His gaze soft but yet, so full of dark hatred at her. Just by her pale face & dark bags under her eyes, he knew that she had been staying up, watching over their son. She looked so small. He moved his eyes away from her & towards the bed. He swallowed tightly while his eyes began to burn.

 

Yuri reached her hands out but stopped when Jessica walked to his side. The woman looked hurt. She turned her gaze to her & pressed a sorrowful smile on. Yuri stood there, not giving her a greeting. Jaejoong took a step forward but stopped. He flexed out his fingers. Letting out a shaky breath, he made his way towards their son. Jessica swallowed. She took three small steps forward. Unexpectedly to Yuri, the woman’s arm circled her neck. Her lips parted in awe. A hug. Tears rolled down her cheeks once again. She moved her arm & was able to hug Jessica back. No words came out of both mouths. It was a brief hug. Jessica pulled back & wiped her own tears away. Yuri averted with quick burning of her eyes.

 

Jaejoong sat in the chair she had just gotten off from. His head bowed. His hands holding onto Taehyun’s & his eyes closed. No words came out of his mouth. He had his lips pressed together, letting out the anger.

 

Jessica walked over & placed her hands on his shoulders. At the sight, Yuri averted. She took hold of the doorknob but before she can open the door, his voice broke out harshly with a whisper.


“How long had he been like this?” There was a tear of tremble in his husky voice.


“Just last night.” She answered, making her sentence short.

 

Silence fell again, except for the beeping sound Taehyun’s heartbeat from the machine. She still had her right hand on the doorknob, waiting for any second to go out. No matter how much she hates to leave Taehyun, his daddy needed to be alone with him.


“He been crying for me.” It wasn’t a question but a statement.

 

She managed a jerky nod, “Ever since we had came home.”


“You didn’t tell me because of that. Why?”


“You were busy...”


“It doesn’t matter how busy I am.” Jaejoong interrupted her rudely, “You call me when my son is crying for me. Don’t delay such important times like this, Yuri. This is my son we are talking about.”

 

‘My son!’ Her heart cried. Why was he calling Taehyun his own son now? Was it because his fiance was standing behind him? Or was it just his anger? He always had called him their son. Not his own.


“He’s my son.” Yuri finally whispered. She could feel his stare harden with tears.


“What did the doctor say?” Jaejoong asked, throwing her refusal away. He didn’t want to causes any fights, even though he was damned mad! His son was sick in a damn hospital of what sickness he doesn’t know! Probably the summer fever? God, he couldn’t even think straight but he needs to get this clear with her. He hadn’t at all listened to her on the phone after she had worded the word of sick.


“It’s the summer sickness with emotional & starving problems. He…”


“Starving problem?” He broke her sentence, more brutality in his voice.

 

Yuri shivered at his tone, “Yes, he...he wouldn’t eat. I tried my…”


“Damn you, woman!” He cursed in almost a barbaric, high tone.

 

With hands off of the doorknob, she averted & threw him her first, dark glare of the day. Damn her?! Damn her?! She had strived through the tough times he had given her & now, in a hospital, he was cursing her out? This wasn’t why she had called him. She could had never let him known & live like this with her son aching. She had called him because she needed him to wake her son up. Now, with his stupidity of cursing her out, Yuri wished she hadn’t called him!

 

Jessica began to rub his shoulders lightly then whispered something into his ear. Disgusted at the sweet scene, Yuri turned back around. Why did the woman have to come? She thanked her for the brief hug but with her in the room, she couldn’t concentrate.


“Bye.” She heard his low voice. A tap appeared at her shoulder afterwards. She turned around & came face to face with Jessica.


“I’m sorry about the turmoil but I will leave you three alone now. I’m sorry & wish that Hyunnie wakes up soon. Goodbye.”


“Thank you.” She whispered.

 

Jessica nodded & walked out with the door closing. Yuri sighed & finally walked over to the bed without taking another look at Jaejoong. On the opposite side of the bed from him, she sat down on a chair, took Taehyun’s hands & kissed it. One look up, she stared at Jaejoong’s bowed head. Tears trickled down her cheeks but she quickly brushed it away.

 

Being in a room with a man with dark moods, she felt as if she was in a prison cell. Even though it was bright outside, the room was dark. She looked down but as mumbling words sounded, Yuri looked back up again. Her hands tightened around Taehyun’s right hand. His daddy was finally here, whispering words to wake him up into his gleeful mood again.

 

“Wake up, little guy.” He said, “Daddy’s here. I promise never to leave you again. Wake up & I will take you back to the zoo. We will go together, you, Jessica & me.” Yuri turned her face away, “I bet you are dreaming about the monkeys now but the faster you are awake, the faster you will see them face to face. I’m not letting you go. I’m staying right here with you all the way. Let me see those eyes of yours looking at me. Your laughters are gone, mine are, too. Your smiles are gone, mine are, too. Now, you don’t want daddy to be sad, do you? You were crying for me. Now I’m here. Aren’t you going to wake up & look at me? Daddy’s here, sweetie. Wake up please? Wake up.”

 

Yuri rubbed her temple. The throbbing had started again. She averted to look at Jaejoong again. He still had his dead down. Just as she stood up, a knock came at the door. It opened, letting the light in.


“Yuri.” It was her father.

 

She covered , not about to let out a cry. Mr. Kwon walked in, stared at Jaejoong then walked to his daughter as seeing that the man wasn’t important.


“Dad.” She uttered out. He stretched out his arms & pulled her into a hug. With arms around her father’s neck, Yuri closed her eyes. A hand soothed her hair, noting Doyeon. No one talked. Mr. Kwon pulled back, trying to smile.


“Don’t you cry anymore.”

 

She managed a shaky smile. Doyeon pulled her into a hug, patting her head, “Look at you, Yuri, you look horrible.” He teased, his fake smile disappearing as no laugh came from her, “I’m just joking.” He pulled back, studying her eyes, “You look beautiful. How’s my nephew?”

 

Yuri jerked her hands towards the bed & sat back down with a bump. Doyeon massaged her shoulders. With head down, she let her tears fell down silently, not knowing that Ahjoong was staring at her from afar.

 

Jaejoong let out a breath as Mr. Kwon finally coaxed Yuri to go home after her second sleep at the hospital. He rubbed his face with his head down. His eyes were swollen with no sleep of yesterday night in the room. He had spent the night killing himself for letting Yuri leave just like that. How stupid he was never to think of his son getting sick like this! He had whispered everyone of his words to his son but no movement had Taehyun made.

 

Yuri’s word had tortured him. It was his fault & he was blaming her of Taehyun’s sickness? No. It was his fault that Taehyun had caught a hold of his summer sickness as a baby. It was his fault that had led his son to crying. It was his fault that Taehyun had starved. He wasn’t there but he could see everything that was going on just by thinking.

 

Just thinking back to yesterday, Jaejoong closed his eyes tightly. Seeing his son’s ribs showing, he had almost ran out of the room. If it wasn’t for Ahjoong to comfort him, he could have been in hell somewhere! Ever since he had been with the little guy, Jaejoong had never seen him so deadlock with such a skinny body. Taehyun had always been the one to stretch souls out into a life of chortle. Now, he’s the one to get sick without any reasons that he had done himself out of the cause of two immature adults.

 

Jaejoong raised his head with tiredness. His son. God, help his son. He groaned. Grabbing onto Taehyun’s hand, he opened up his heart, willing to make a risk for his son. A tear for a tear. A life for two life.

 

“I’m sorry. We are bad parents, I know, but it can’t be like this. You have to wake up to save your life, mommy’s life & daddy’s life. We can’t go on without you, sweetie. Our laughters are dying because there’s no laughter to make us laugh. Your mommy & I can’t be together as you want. We don’t love each other but there’s just a little hatred she’s giving me. She hates me, Hyunnie. Do I hate her? No, I don’t. Do I love her? I don’t know but I do know that I like her very, very much.”

 

He swallowed but it wasn’t going to stop there.


“She’s beautiful, counting with that one year I spent with her. The most beautiful woman I had ever met was your mommy. That’s not going to change. The way she makes me laugh, I just want to pull her into my embraces. The way she sweet talks to me into her tricks, I just want to kiss her until I’m sure that she will never be apart from me ever but those were just that one year that we had spent together. It’s over now. There’s no chance for us. You are going to get a step-mommy who’s going to love you as much as your mommy. I love Jessica but time keeps making me think back to the days I had consumed with your mommy ever since I had met her again, after those four years.

 

You know what one thing Jessica can’t give to me that your mommy can? The love, laughter & the life in that one year I had with your mommy is the answer.” He choked back a cry, “She’s a great lover, I tell you, son. Jessica can make me laugh but not like your mommy. I had a weird life after your mommy left me. It was so uncanny I didn’t know where I was. It was like a dream & I think I’m still in it. You need to wake me up like I need to wake you up, little guy. You are worrying everyone, especially one distinguished woman. She hadn’t slept for two night straight while waiting for you to wake up into her world again. Please don’t worry her anymore then I am? I had hurtled her deeply with this selfish soul of mine. I divorced her as if I had hated her but the truth for now is particularly, I like her. I have a big crush on your mommy & I feel so much like a high school student. Isn’t that funny? A big, immense crush on your mommy.”

 

Jaejoong repeated as if wanting that big crush to become something else. He glanced up, wanting to find his son’s eyes wide open but instead, he found a pair of tightly closed eye. He sighed but as he did so, something moved in the palm of his hands. Jaejoong opened his hands gradually, parted his lips into a slight smile as the wee hand moved again. Too contented to do anything, he brought up Taehyun’s hand & placed several kisses on his palm. He turned to look at his face to see any fluttering eyes again. More well than anything, his thick lashes started to arouses on the valley of his cheekbone. His son has finally awakened.

 

Jaejoong brushed the hair away from Taehyun’s forehead. A smile of livings tugged at the corner of his lips. Taehyun had made the day of his life again.


“Remember one thing.” He whispered, “Kiss your mommy for me.”

 

A/N: i know some of you guys are anixous to find out when donghae will appear but don't worry, he will pretty soon while some doesn't want me to add another guy to make jae jealous because you guys know jaeri will end up together because of this fanfic or because of the title but you guys don't have to think of a guy trying to make jae jealous, you guys can just think that it's another new character i'm putting into the story & i'm sorry, truly sorry for disappointing you guys because i'm making yuri suffer over & over again to make you guys think i'm too bias towards jae that i'm just making yuri suffer on purposes but you guys have to know, life is never fair & its not easy to handling one little boy who have always wanted a daddy & when he finally finds him, its hard for him to part or never see them for one whole month when he sees him almost every day, if you guys can put it & yes, even if hyunnie stays with jae for one whole month, of course he will still miss his mommy, its proven that he does when he was staying with jae for that one day & even though jessica might become hyunnie's step-mom, i think he will still see her as a nice auntie but never think she will be a mom to him. let me ask you guys this, if you guys were in hyunnie's place, what would you guys have done? just forget about the daddy you guys have always wanted, even though you have your mommy beside you

btw, i will be updating four more chaps. today but after i come home since i have to go over to my sister & brother in law's place