Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 80

 

Yuri made a good stretch. Something had woke her up. It was the cool air around her body but where were the strong arms around her & the warm chest she can lean on? She peek one eye open then the other. Averting her head, a sour look came onto her face as she saw no husband. Then as a reminder caught onto her head, she smiled. He probably was off to San Francisco on a plane now.

 

She popped onto one elbow as her other hand brought the blanket closer to her chest. He had left a rose petal on his pillow with different sayings. A samsung galaxy note 2 was placed on top of a piece of paper. She took the note he had left & popped back onto the bumpy pillow.

 

‘To my sweet love,

 

I’m sorry I left so early without waking you up but you looked so peaceful. Thank you for that kiss you gave me yesterday night & I can’t wait for another when I come back home. I will treasure & remember it whenever I miss you & that means I’m missing you right now just writing this note. Please tell Hyunnie I’m sorry I didn’t get to say my last goodbye to him. Remember that I love you & will always. I will call everyday. See to it that that cell phone is everyday whether it’s day or night. I hate to leave off everything I have in mind for writing this note but I can’t miss my flight. Goodbye, Yul, I love you. Be back soon.

 

Love always,

 

Your husband Jae

 

P.s. Don’t forget that kiss I will be looking for when I get back’

 

Shaking her head, Yuri folded the note with a smile she hadn’t had on for a long time. She hugged his pillow & sniffed its scent. It smelled of his after-shave. Why had she willingly made love with him last night? Her smile widened. He loves her & she loves him. It was all just because of that that she had invited him so. With a small laugh, Yuri quickly got out of bed before she was late for work. She washed up, got dressed & began cooking. Taehyun came into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes. He looked around, not seeing his daddy, he pouted, “Mommy!” He whined. Yuri turned around with the smile still on, “Where is daddy?”


“Good morning. He’s going away for a couples of days, sweetheart, & he’s sorry for not saying goodbye. Here.” She took out the note from her pocket, “He wrote a note to you & me.”

 

Taehyun tiptoed & took the note into his wee hands. He scanned the note & smiled. Seeing his name, he was satisfy. He handed the note back to his mommy, “When daddy going to be home, mommy?”


“I don’t know but soon, sweetie. He will call.”

 

Taehyun rubbed his eyes again. Yuri, being in a hurry, picked him up & placed him on the stool. With a quick breakfast, she drove him to the daycare & then drove to the school. In her office, Yuri took out the chest & placed the rose petal inside. She put aside her happiness & began her work just as a knock came at the door. Donghae poked his head in with a smile.


“You look happy today. Can I come in?” Yuri nodded with a laugh. He came in & sat down crossing his short legs over the other. His smile seemed to make her laugh again, “What’s so funny?”

 

She shook her head & the computer, “Nothing. I’m just happy.”


“Well, in that case, would you be much happier if you can come by to my niece’s birthday party on saturday afternoon with your son? She’s turning eight & I’m inviting every teacher in this school with their children if they have any.”

 

Her eyes brightened up, “We will love to come. My son will be more than happy.”


“That’s great then. I’m sure your husband won’t be busy on a saturday like that?”


“Actually, he’s away for a case in San Francisco but he loves to party with kids more than those banquets we attend.”

 

He smiled lightly as Yuri turned to the monitor, “I’m sure he does. Here’s the address to my place.” He gave her a card, “I will see you there tomorrow then with your son.”

 

“Alright. See you around.”


“You, too.”

 

Yuri leaned back & brushed her ponytail away from her shoulder. She misses him already. Taking out the cell phone he had given her, Yuri lay it on her desk & stared at it. She wanted it to ring but knew that he might be sleeping on the plane & she wanted to call him but she didn’t want him to know that she miss him. She knew she was getting his trust back but she didn’t want to take the risk of getting hurt again.

 

Jaejoong dropped his bag & briefcase onto the floor with a big breath. He had tried to talked his way out of it but Mr. Jung wouldn’t have it & now, here he is, in his ex-fiance’s parents’ house in one of their great rooms. What could go worst?


“Jae Oppa.”

 

He turned around to find Jessica standing at the threshold. A frown creased on his forehead, “Jessica. What are you doing here?”

 

“It’s my parents’ house.”

 

He shook his head, “I know, but I thought you would be in Korea. Your manager didn’t give the crew a break, did he? I would had known if Ahjoong was on one.”

 

She slightly brushed, “No, he didn’t. I’m back here because of my father’s problem. Even though I had help him with some money I’m still concern.”

 

He forced a smile on, “That’s sweet of you. I.” He fluttered his hands about at the bedroom, “Guess I would be staying here until I return. Thank your parents for me, even though I had more than once.”


“I will.” Jessica said, with a smile, “If you need anything, just call me or the maids. I will be around a lot.” “I’m sure I can assist myself at what I need but thank you.”

 

She nodded with uncertainty, “If you are not so tired, dinner is already being serve. Or would you rather take a rest first?”

 

What he wants to do first was call his wife that he had made it to San Francisco safely but then his stomach growled. He hadn’t had breakfast nor had he had lunch. Dinner will be hard to skip & to not have dinner with her family on the first night wouldn’t be so respectful.

 

“Dinner will be nice.” Jaejoong found himself saying. He followed her down to the dinner room. Mr & Mrs. Jung were there, nicely dressed, including Krystal. He thought it was strange but shrugged it away. The dinner was more elegant than he would have thought. They asked him questions but mostly questions about his marriage life with Yuri. It was as if they were interviewing his wife for a job. He answered every question truthfully about his wife & when he did, Jessica’s face change from bright to paled blush.

 

Just as he was about to excuses himself from the table, Mr. Jung stood up & declared that they play a game of poker. His wife, to Jaejoong’s horror, held a poker club every friday night. Jaejoong, himself, played little poker but agreed.


“You are bluffing!” Mrs. Jung exclaimed in giggles.

 

Jaejoong shook his head with a lie, “If you win this round, we can play three more rounds but if I win, I’m off.”

 

She seemed to think while tapping a smart finger on her chin. Clearly, Jaejoong was sure the woman was drunk with only a little drink from the whiskey her husband had given her. He was tired but not tired enough to get out of the den & call his wife. Just as he was about to bring up his hand to massage his neck, a hand touched his arm. He angled his head to face Jessica. She smiled shyly. Nervousness grew onto him for the first time being near her. She was closer than what he had thought for her to be. As if he had woke up, Jaejoong managed a small smile. Mrs. Jung squealed as her husband, who was out for the round, tried to look at her cards.

 

“A pair of jacks & a pair of queens.” She said, placing her cards onto the table.

 

Relieved, Jaejoong slapped his cards down on the table gently, “I win. Three kings & an ace. Goodnight.” He stood up from the table before they can object him. With a quick stroll, he reached the bedroom with a sigh. Jaejoong picked up the bag & briefcase he had dropped on the ground & placed it on the bed. He ped the zipper & reached into one of the pockets to get the cell phone he had quickly thrown it in when he was about to be late for his flight. He frowned as his hands felt nothing but an unopened toothbrush & a tube of toothpaste. His frown deepened as he furthered his search. He took out all of his packed clothes but still found no sight of his cell phone. Rubbing his mouth, he tried to think but he was so sure he had placed the cell phone right in the pocket of the bag.

 

He checked his pockets but found no sign of his cell phone. His briefcase was innocent. With a frustrated sigh, Jaejoong sat down on the bed. He ruffled his hair & tried to think. She might not want to hear from him or miss him but he wanted to hear her voice. He missed her. Popping back onto the bed, Jaejoong felt the place beside him. He was going to miss hugging her body. He was going to miss smelling her hair. He was going to miss kissing her neck & he has no idea how much longer he will have to be away from home.

 

Standing straight up from the bed, Jaejoong opened the door to the room. He peeked out. The hall was dark. Surely, everyone was asleep & he was sure that using the Jung’s phone at night wouldn’t hurt. Walking down the stairs, Jaejoong went in search of the phone. It should be somewhere around the living room, he was sure. All was dark & he didn’t dare turn on the lights, although he felt like a burglar. Stretching his arms out, he tried to feel for the phone. He knocked something down & groaned. Gritting his teeth, Jaejoong picked the object back up & set it back to its place.

 

At last, as if it was a miracle, he finally found the portable phone in the dark but his face turned red when he pressed the talk button. Instead of hearing a dial tone, it was Mrs. Jung’s voice that was coming through. She was talking to her lover wherever in the house. Blushing deep red to his roots, Jaejoong hung up & placed the phone back to its place. He ran both hands through his hair. The burglar feeling was gone. Now, he felt remorse & devastation crawling up his skin. He can’t call Yuri nor can she call him. Not tonight but tomorrow he will try to get in touch of a phone.

 

Jaejoong exhaled & walked back up to the bedroom. He lay in bed, hugging a pillow tightly as if it was Yuri but it wasn’t her. He needed her tonight. He needed her every night & day. Jesus christ, it was going to be a lonely night without her. Thoughts of the night he spent with her before he left floated in his head but just thinking about it made him miss her even more. He was still waiting for that kiss when he gets home. Damn, he groaned! She’s a great kisser & lover. He shouldn’t have agreed to come to San Francisco after all.


He turned over & lay on the pillow, wishing so, so much that it was his beloved wife. This was just how he felt when she had left four years ago.