Child Custody, Love Custody

Child Custody, Love Custody

Chapter 29

 

Yuri had just returned home from the hospital after a long day & sitting on the couch looking at Taehyun. He made sound along with his two truck, driving them around the living room. Getting exhausted, he sat down hard on the floor. The last few days had been hard on him. The sighting didn’t change his mood from after seeing the slap Ahjoong had given Yuri. He had change just because of Korea.


“Tired?” Asked Yuri, with a tight smile.

 

Taehyun looked up & nodded, “Sleepy.”

 

She glanced down at her coach legacy sport cancer awareness pink leather strap watch. It wasn’t even more than pass six & his bedtime was at seven. Getting up, Yuri stretched her arms out to Taehyun while going down on her knees. He gradually stood up with a yawn & circled his arms around Yuri’s neck, “Mommy sleep, too?”


“Mommy sleep, too.” She replied, walking up the stairs to the bedroom. She placed him on the bed & walked over to shut the blinds. As Yuri turned back around to Taehyun, she saw him holding a piece of paper in his hand. Walking over to him, she grinned & said, “What’s that, honey?”

 

Taehyun smiled for that first time of the day, showing his teeth. He turned the paper & held it up to her, “Hyunnie & Jae play.”

 

Yuri frowned & grabbed the paper from her son. She read his sloppy handwriting. Her hold on the paper tightened. The paper began to wrinkle, “How did you get this?”


“I put under my pillow. I wrote it, mommy. Jae came here & say he plays with me. He promise...”

 

Before he could finish his words, Yuri walked to the door & interrupted him, “Go to sleep, Hyunnie. I will come & tuck you in when I finish talking with your aunt Min.”


“My paper, mommy.”

 

Yuri strolled out of the room & walked down the hall to Mina’s bedroom. She knocked on the door & entered without any answer. Mina turned around from her yoga, surprised “What is this, Min?” Asked Yuri, before she even reached her.


Mina squirted her eyes, trying to read the huge handwriting of Taehyun. As Yuri came closer, her eyes widened. She unfolded her crisscrossed yoga long legs & spread it out on her bed.


“Mina.” Said Yuri, as in a warning voice.


“It’s just a piece of paper, Yuri.”


“With his name on it?!” Her anger rose, “When did he come here?! Why didn’t you tell me, Mina?!”

 

Mina sighed & sat down on the bed properly with her legs hanging down, “Jaejoong Oppa & Ahjoong came here to see you but you weren’t here. It was about eight days ago.”


“Dammit Mina! You knew I don’t want Jaejoong Oppa near Hyunnie at all. Why did you do this?”

 

“Oppa just wanted to play with Hyunnie for a while.”


“It doesn’t matter. If I’m not home, don’t let him in.” She stared at Mina & rose her thick, straight brows, “This is the first time he had came here when I wasn’t home, right?”

 

Mina nodded. She looked up at Yuri & blinked, “You know Yuri, Hyunnie is never himself when he doesn’t see Oppa. I see his smile brighten every time he’s with him. Do you want him to be grumpy & sad all the time? He needs a dad, not just a mom. Who’s going to teach him how to fish & how to bait? Who’s’ going to make him be a strong man? His dad is but no, you are hiding them both away from each other. You might think that I don’t know how you feel but I do. It’s bad enough to be cheated on, why separate father from son? You made matter worse, Yuri. You are my sister & I love you very much but you are doing the wrong thing here.”

 

Yuri stared at Mina. She was right. Taehyun was never himself when he doesn’t see Jaejoong but what does it matter? Yuri turned away & brushed the strands of hair away from her face, “It doesn’t matter, Min. I’m just doing my job.”


“No, Yuri. This isn’t your job. Your job is to be the greatest mother to Hyunnie but you are not by separating father from son. I know the cut Oppa had given you had hurtled but Hyunnie doesn’t deserve to live inside the cut. There’s going to be another cut when he finds out.”


“No, there’s not. What do you expect me to do? Tell him? No, Min. He doesn’t deserve a son like Hyunnie. I’m going to keep him away from Oppa as far as I can.”


“Then you are keeping the dad away from son.” Mina swallowed, “Then you are not being a real mother to Hyunnie.”

 

Yuri took in a deep breath & let it out, “Never let him in when I’m not home.” With that, she walked out of the room & closed the door.

 

Walking back to her bedroom, she appeared at the door & saw Taehyun sitting at his side of the bed with the blanket covering him. She walked up to him & sat on the edge, “I told you to go to bed, Hyunnie. Why didn’t you listen to mommy?”

 

His lips shook as if he was about to cry, “Paper.” He mumbled, stretching out his right hand.

 

She slipped the paper down the bed, “No, Hyunnie. You won’t get it again.”


“Mommy, Hyunnie paper.” His voice shook. Shining tears developed in his eyes as it slid down his cheeks, “Hyunnie paper.”


“Hyunnie.” Said Yuri in a disapproving voice, “I said you won’t have it. Now, go to sleep.”

 

More tears fell down his cheeks as he stared at his mommy. Turning around to the wall, he mumbled the loss of his paper. Yuri leaned over & kissed him goodnight but he turned his head into his pillow & cried. She sighed, “Hyunnie.” She received a cry. Running her hands over her face, Yuri stood up, walked over to the switch & turned off the lights. Instead of walking to the bed, she walked over to the window & opened the blind. The moon’s bright rays shined down on her. She tried to smile at it but fail. Full moon, it was tonight.

 

Two single tears fell from her eye. She brushed them away quickly. Why was she crying? She doesn’t know. Sitting there, she just felt like it, no reason & no senses.

 

Same time, same night, Jaejoong stared up at the bright, full moon. He grinned. Surely, he was crazy, smiling about nothing. Closing the curtains, he walked back to his desk & concentrated on his work. As he picked up his pen, a knock came at the door. Getting up from his chair, Jaejoong walked out of his office & into the living room. He looked through the peephole & saw Yoochun whistling. Shaking his head, he opened the door, “I haven’t seen you for a long time & what are you doing here so late, Yoochun?”

 

Park Yoochun shrugged & walked in without an invitation from Jaejoong. Bests of friends, they hadn’t seen each other for a month. Jaejoong was busy with his work & upcoming wedding while Yoochun was busy with his women. Even though they hadn’t spent time together for weeks, they always catch up with one another. Yoochun strolled over & popped onto the loveseat. Jaejoong followed & sat down across from him. He studied his friend. Yoochun hairstyle had surely changed. His clothes were more into action & he had surely gotten darker.


“What had you been up with this past month?” Jaejoong asked.

 

Yoochun grinned, “Women. You know?” He chuckled, spreading his arms over the seat as if there were two women there. Jaejoong nodded in understanding, “How are your cases going?”


“Good I guess.” Jaejoong replied plainly.

 

Yoochun leaned over & placed his elbows on his knee. That voice, he knows. His buddy is in deep trouble, “What’s up?”

 

Jaejoong rose a brow, “What do you mean what’s up?”


“Your dark trouble. I can tell.” He rose a brow along with Jaejoong, “Jessica?” Whistling, Yoochun leaned back & held his imaginary women again.


“No, it’s not Jessica. Our wedding is still on.” He leaned back onto the seat, “You had been gone for so long, you wouldn’t know who’s back.”


“Who?”


“Yuri.” Jaejoong replied.

 

Yoochun rose a brow again, “Really?” Jaejoong nodded. Yoochun pressed a silly smile on. Curiosity climbed onto his back, “Why?”


“Mrs. Kwon’s at the hospital because of lung cancer. Yuri came back as fast as she heard about it. You had missed a lot of things, Yoochun.”


“Man.” He said in regret, & slapped his long fingers, “How is Mrs. Kwon doing?”


“As far as I know & as far as she’s telling me, she’s doing fine. The surgery is in a week. Can you stay until then?”


“Of course, this is my home.” Yoochun cleared his throat, “But Yuri, she’s here?”

 

Jaejoong nodded, “She remarried.” Yoochun brought his chin up & rose two of his brows. Leaning forward again, for the hundredth times, he clicked his tongue. A sly smile clung onto his face. This was going to be interesting.


“Tell me?”

 

Jaejoong hesitated. He didn’t want to start the story all over again. Going through it was enough. He sighed, “Are you sure you want me to tell you?”

 

Yoochun’s spine straightened, “Why did I come here for?”

 

Jaejoong ignored the dark curiosity Yoochun was having. The damn man shouldn’t have gone on a vacation with his women! Now, he had to repeat the story again, & to say it, it wasn’t that interesting. He took in a deep breath. Yoochun waited patiently because he didn’t want to annoy Jaejoong! Impatiently because he couldn’t wait a second to know the tragic & drama that he had missed out on.


“Yuri came back saying that she remarried but her husband died before Hyunnie was one. She…”


“Wait. Who’s Hyunnie?” He needed to know everything.


“Her son.”

 

Yoochun’s jaw dropped. Jaejoong leaned over the coffee table & close Yoochun’s month up again, before his saliva came out, “You are kidding me.” Yoochun managed to say.

 

Jaejoong shook his head, “Hyunnie’s the boy’s name. Three years old.” He couldn’t help but grin, “The most precious & cutest boy that I had ever met, Yoochun. He had on that smile & laugh every time when I see him. He had soft short hair. His eyes are round with that look that you just want to pull him into a hug.” His grin grew wider, “I fell in love with the little guy.”

 

Yoochun stared at his best friend & to say it, Jaejoong was really in love with that little guy. His face & words said it all.


“You are leaving out too much, buddy. Tell me the whole story? Don’t even leave one sweet word out.” Yoochun said seriously.