And All the Rest

The Warrior Ice Prince

**PREPARE TO BE SPOILED**

 

So, I don’t remember all the details I had for the continuing story, but I’ll do my best.

 

Chapter 89 ended off with you and Yoseob finally together and you confronted your brother who accepted him as did your bestfriend. Public opinion was pretty predictably not that great. I’m going to be giving you a name just to make things easier and that name will be Chaeyoung.

 

I remember that I definitely wanted to develop Yoseob’s and Chaeyoung’s relationship a little before starting on the bigger plot, which mostly meant for a lot of Yoseob character building. Along the way we were going to start finding clues about the bigger picture, this bigger plot I had in mind. For one of these clues, I believe I was going to go into the mystery of Chaeyoung’s parents and I will tell you now that there was definitely foul play. This sort of begins to connect Yoseob’s unknown past and it would have slowly somehow lead up to the reveal.

 

Now I’m sure you all have been wondering what is up with Sungjong as I’ve dropped hints all over the place, and some super obvious. To recall, we know that Sungjong is on some sort of mission and that he has powers unlike any other human being. He also seems to just know a lot of things that he probably shouldn’t.

 

Oh boy this is harder to reveal than I thought it would be. I kind of don’t know how to word things without dropping straight in, but knowing myself, I’m probably going to try thinking about it for a few minutes, not be able to think of anything and drop you straight in anyway so be prepared.

 

The reason behind all of Sungjong’s mystery is that he is actually a god, or angel, or something along those lines. He had been sent down to manipulate fate in a way. For example, Chaeyoung and her family, including her parents, should have lived an ordinary and happy life together, but through intervention (not Sungjong’s though), her family ended up breaking apart. So Sungjong’s job was to pull a few strings here and there to make sure that Yoseob and Chaeyoung meet and fall in love. He had been doing it since he took Yoseob down to earth, which is that very beginning part of the story in the very first chapter. Now that’ll have you wondering about where exactly Yoseob came from since Sungjong had brought him to the mortal realm. Sungjong is actually the older cousin of Yoseob which makes Yoseob a god too. (Is the story getting juicy yet?)

 

I believe I was going to have Sungjong eventually reveal this to him and the reason he was brought here in the first place. There was going to be all this lore and stuff and it was going to be so cool, but, ah, we’re all going to have to settle for this run down. So basically, the gods all have specialties like in Greek mythology. I have no idea what Sungjong’s was and I can’t remember for the life of me, but I don’t think it was too important. Yoseob’s parents I would consider to be like the Zeus and Hera of the story. They’re the top gods and in charge of practically everything. They were the ones that sent Sungjong down. He was always around as it may have been clear at the orphanage and was the one that talked to Yoseob before he left. As for Yoseob himself, he was to be a god of war which would explain his violent tendencies. It also plays into the title of ‘warrior’ and ‘prince.’ Haha was a smart back then or what?!! I’m just kidding of course. I find it pretty cheesy personally.

 

And to be clear, Sungjong, being a god, was able to change his appearance to age as a regular person would, even though he would be anywhere between 50-100 for his real age. In the gods’ realm, they aged as quickly as the individual wants to. Yoseob had been one to want to grow up quickly so was already physically about two years old when he left that place. Once he got to earth, he aged at a normal speed.

 

Now as for the antagonist power in the story, I actually can’t recall very much other than one, maybe two major things. If I’m remembering correctly, I was going to introduce Junhyung who is in a sealed sort of exile.

 

HOLD ON. HOLD UP. I MAY BE REMEBERING SOMETHING.

 

Okay it’s really fuzzy, but yeah Junhyung was meant to always be part of the story as an antagonist. He is Yoseob’s brother and even more destructive than him hence was sealed away. I believe Yoseob was sent down for a few reasons:

 

  1. To find Chaeyoung and fall in love with her
  2. He may have been sent away to keep in a sort of hiding
  3. It was a sort of (?) training for him
  4. It also may have had something to do with Chaeyoung’s parents and family

 

Mainly though, for the rest of the story at least, Yoseob was supposed to go confront Junhyung who was eventually going to be a major threat to everyone so he was to return to the god’s realm to do some real combat training and reunite with his family. This would, of course, mean leaving everything behind on earth. Chaeyoung was definitely going to be going as she’s an important part of the reason he was meant to find her. It was going to be difficult for her to leave her life, more importantly, for her to leave Mir, but eventually he was going to be able to hug her and send her off. I think Luna was even coming along too though I don’t think I had anything that important for her in terms of the plot until leading up to the end.

 

So the rest of story was meant to be Yoseob’s journey gearing up and dealing with the conflict that is Junhyung. I think there was going to be some strain between Yoseob and Chaeyoung as there is suddenly a whole lot of new information coming at them and things become more dangerous. Chaeyoung is worried of course, as is he, but he also is kind of happy as now he’s in the place he actually belongs in. The environment will feel more comfortable for him because he’s suddenly accepted for who and what he is.

 

Chaeyoung would have eventually to be revealed as also a goddess, or if not a goddess, because at the very least she has lived her life as a mortal and still is, her parents is/used to be gods. This fact was supposed to tie in to the events surrounding their disappearance. I think that they had fled the god’s realm due to something that was a danger to them and gave up their godhood to live as a mortal on earth. Hence would make both Chaeyoung and Mir mortals despite their parent’s originally being of godhood. Anyway, they were clearly unable to escape the danger and were taken despite their escape efforts. So while Yoseob was taking care of his brother I think I was going to have Chaeyoung trying to regain her godhood so they were both sort of separate as they had different goals they had to take care of.

 

No. No wait no. Okay scratch that about Chaeyoung. It does happen, but later. Just hold that thought for now.

 

As a sort of side note since I can’t remember that well, I want to say that I sort of intended that there be a sequel for TWIP and it was going to possibly feature the rest of Beast. Of course, I know about all the stuff that happened and that Beast now goes by Highlight, but for the sake of the era this was written in, and that I had meant to include all five remaining members anyway, I will refer to them as Beast. I was going to include the rest of the members as Yoseob’s other brothers, him actually being the youngest of them all despite real life age order. I think that they were all supposed to be more on the antagonist side and the thing I can’t remember is if they were going to be past conflicts or future conflicts. For sure, I would have at least Doojoon and probably another member to be the past conflicts so they would only be part of the story as history. Those two would have likely have been very similar in cases as Junhyung being destructive and all. So Yoseob may or may have not have had to deal with the remaining two unspecified members after Junhyung.

 

As side characters we were definitely going to see the rest of Infinite as well, but, again, they were going to more for the Chaeyoung side of the story which isn’t as important as the stuff Yoseob has going on. Just know that they were going to be there.

 

Okay, back to the mystery surrounding Chaeyoung’s parents. I’m pretty sure I had it linked to the rest of Beast, them somehow, if not directly, being the reason for all of their events to happen. Oh, maybe I had it so that Yoseob would deal with the alive two members that involved Chaeyoung’s parents for the sequel actually. The reason they were targeted I don’t think I ever specified even back then. I know there had to be a good reason, but I don’t know what it was, so sorry.

 

I think????????????? That was the majority of the main points I was going to have so I’m going to move on to closer to the ending.

 

So, predictably, Yoseob is going to be able to overcome all of the conflicts presented to him being namely Junhyung and the rest of Beast. After doing so, he was going to ascend to his parents’ position. Actually, that was another major reason they were trying so hard with him as their youngest son. I think I was going to have it so it was sort of time for them to move on as in like death for gods, but I didn’t really define what exactly what that was supposed to be. At the core they were sort of overdue to leave, so after Yoseob did all the stuff, he takes over. I believe I was going to have this part for the sequel story, his whole ascension thing.

 

WAIT. I remember something again.

 

Okay, kind of lame because I probably could have thought of something better, but the whole point of Chaeyoung’s involvement was so that she could sort of tame the violent side of Yoseob. I mean, yeah, that’s obvious enough, but by time he returns to the god’s realm, her role is kind of over. In terms of the whole plan his parents had set up anyway. So in actuality, Yoseob’s parents allowed her to stay while he carried out his mission, but didn’t really want anything else to do with her. So Yoseob fought for it because he loved her of course, and so she stays for now. Which leads up to the plot of the sequel.

 

So now Yoseob is practically all ready to ascend, but his parents wants him to send Chaeyoung back to where she belongs; on earth with all the other mortals. This begins her character building as she and Yoseob convince them that she should be able to stay by his side, but only through trials because the only way they would allow her to stay with him was to become a god herself. So the last half of the sequel would have focused on her gaining/regaining her godhood. Thanks for holding that thought.

 

So she would have been able to do so and becomes a goddess of music and finds her place with Yoseob in the god’s realm by his side as his wife/partner person.

 

As for the rest of our characters, Sungjong will take Luna as his partner and she will remain mortal as it’s not important for her to have to be a goddess for a more minor god like him. Yoseob’s brother would have been apprehended let’s just say out of existence. However, if I had continued working on this story, I would have wanted to find a way to have them be apprehended in the way of being saved or controlled so that they, at least Junhyung and other remaining Beast members would still exist. Doojoon, being part of the past, would have to stay not alive so he would have stayed like that.

 

As for Chaeyoung’s parents, I would also have them likely to be permanently gone as well, but again if there was a way they could live that didn’t conflict with everything else that was to happen, then I would. Mir is going to stay on earth, Chaeyoung’s journey in the god’s realm and eventually staying there permanently, would allow him to focus on himself and his own needs for once instead of always prioritising her. So he would live a happy life with that co-worker of his, Hyewon, while seeing Chaeyoung every once in a while.

 

As for Minwoo, he would go on to follow his dreams of becoming an idol and debuts with the rest of Boyfriend as Boyfriend. He will have ended up living a normal life as well without being part of Chaeyoung’s circle at all. I think he was supposed to be the one she was supposed to end up with had she followed her original fate and the gods had not interfered. Which would have been why it was so Minwoo heavy if that helps with the amount of time I spent writing about him.

 

So, um, I mean, yeah. I think that’s kind of all.

 

Yoseob and Chaeyeon would later have a least one child who likes to stay at a very young age for a long time. They live happily ever after so that’s always nice.

 

Once more, I’d just like to thank you if you’re here and being here for so long. TWIP would have been so long guys like jeez now that I’m looking at all I’ve done so far and all I had plans for. I’m so glad I got to share all of this with you instead of leaving it in the air. It made me so happy and fulfilled-feeling just to write all of this up.

 

I’d love to know your thoughts on this entire thing so let’s have a conversation about it! If there was anything that needs clarifying or more elaboration, please let me know. Did the story go at all how you hoped? Did you like things? Hate things? Even if it’s long after this goes up, I will be looking for your comments.

 

And thus this closes the book of The Warrior Ice Prince. It was a wonderful ride.

 

Until next time.

 

Sincerely,

SarahChi1023