Chocolate For Valentine's Day

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

 

Chapter 76 : Chocolate For Valentine's Day

 

 

Your POV:

 

 

It was evening and Mir was washing the dishes from dinner.

Meanwhile, I was taking out the ingredients to make chocolate for tomorrow.

It was another special recipe that Mir had created and only we knew how to make it

The chocolate was just sweet enough not to be too sweet and had a hint of hazelnut and mint that added to the flavour.

The consistency was as soft as a marshmallow and melted deliciously in your mouth.

I was in chocolate heaven the first time I tried them.

"Going to make some chocolate for me?" Mir came drying his hands on a towel.

I stuck my tongue out at him.

"You know I am, but I'm making it for other people too."

"Other boys that aren't me? Like who?" 

"Well there's you of course, Minwoo, Sungjong, some other friends..." I trailed off not sure if I should include Yoseob or not.

"You are going to make some for Luna too aren't you?"

"Of course! She would probably get mad at me if I didn't give her her yearly dose." I laughed lightly and shook my head thinking about it.

"Okay, I'll be in the living room if you need any help." He ruffled my hair and threw the towel on the counter.

 He ruffled my hair and threw the towel on the counter.

"Okay, Oppa."

Pushing up the sleeves of my sweater, I blew the hair out of my face and began the Valentine's tradition of making chocolate.

 

Two hours later, I was just about done.

The special chocolates were cooling in the fridge and I was getting the colourful little candy bags out so they would be ready when I took out the sweet treats.

Mir came in yawning and stretching, his hair messy and pointing in every direction.

He took a cup from the cupboard and grabbed the container of milk.

He poured himself a big serving and drank it all in one go.

After, he put his dirty cup in the sink and returned the milk back where it belonged.

I noticed that he was chewing on something.

"Those are really good, _____-ah. You get better at making this every year." Mir swallowed and smacked his lips with a satisfied smile.

"Oppa! Don't eat the chocolate! It's not ready yet and besides, you'll be getting yours tomorrow." I scolded.

"It's in my tummy if you want it back~" He teased.

"I'm going to bed, don't stay up too late, baby girl." Mir kissed my head and patted my shoulder.

"I won't. Good night, Oppa." 

"See you in the morning."

I continued to prepare the packaging while I listened to Mir's footsteps going farther away and up the stairs.

I took the chocolates out and popped one in my mouth to try it.

Just as the first time, it melted on my tongue and graced my mouth with it's delectable taste.

"I have gotten better." I muttered to myself, happy with my work.

Taking them out from the molds, I placed them on wax paper, lying them out neatly in rows.

I proceeded to put them into the bags and tied the openings with a red metallic twist tie.

Once I had a few bags done, I stopped to make sure I had one for everyone I wanted to give one to.

"Oppa, Luna, Minwoo, Sungjong, Mrs. Kim, Sungwoong, his sister..." I trailed off into a mumble as I named more people inside of my head.

I counted the last one off and realized that I didn't need to make anymore.

I had another, bigger gift bag waiting and I carefully placed all of the bags of Valentine's Day chocolate into it.

Just as I was taking the bag to the table so I wouldn't forget it the next day, I suddenly paused and turned my head to the left over chocolate.

I wondered if I should make one for Yoseob.

I thought about it not wanting to and wanting to at the same time.

Finally, I chewed on my bottom lip and quickly made just one more and slipped it into the gift bag with the others.

With mixed feelings, I put it away and cleaned up the mess I made.

Within twenty minutes, I was done and went off to sleep wondering if the Ice Prince would accept my chocolate or not.

"Here, this is for you, Sunbae. Thank you for being so good to me." I handed him a bag.

"Thank you for this wonderful gift, I'll make sure to eat it deliciously." He smiled and accepted.

"_____!!! WHERE'S MY CHOCOLATE?" My best friend came running out of no where and latched onto my side.

I decided to a little.

"What are you talking about? What chocolate?" I blinked obliviously at her.

"YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. IT'S THAT." She pointed at the Sunbae's bag that he held in his hand.

I kept my poker face and continued with my clueless act.

"Oh! That. Sorry, I forgot to make some for you." I bit back a smile when I saw the devastation on her face.

"What...but, but you never forget!" She pouted believing me so easily.

Unable to hold it in any longer, I broke into a grin.

"Yeah, you are right. Here you go." 

She snatched it from my hand and squeezed the life out of me as she bear hugged me, practically lifting me off the ground.

"_____, I LOVE YOU! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!" She planted a wet kiss on my cheek and happily pranced away.

I giggled, shaking my head and wiping the saliva off of my face.

"Aigoo, just comes for the chocolate and leaves."

"Hello to you too!" I called after her.

Sighing, I went to deliver the rest of the sweet treats.

"Unnie! Hey!"

 

Ugh, it was that time of year again.

Yoseob hated this particular day of the year the most.

Seeing all of the sickeningly sweet couples and hearts and the pink and red, he just couldn't stand it.

Although he didn't like to admit it, Valentine's Day reminded him of how lonely he was.

In the past years, he had never entangled himself in the holiday, but every once in a while got confronted by it. 

This year was one of those years.

"Don't give it to him! You know what he does to people! It won't matter to him if you are a girl, he'll still hurt you!" A girl yell-whispered.

"Yeah, remember what happened between him and _____? You don't want that to happen to you do you?" A second girl asked.

"I don't care! Maybe before I thought the same as you two have, but I feel like I might actually have a chance. I really like him and I'm going to give this to him!" The third girl said with finality.

Soon, Yoseob felt a presence and ignored it until the person spoke.

"Yoseob Oppa." It was the third girl.

In response, he glanced at her without turning his head in her direction.

"T-this is for y-you, Oppa. Please accept it."

"I don't like candy." He replied coldly.

"B-but, Oppa, I worked so hard—" She tried.

"Forget it. I'm not going to take it. You are wasting your time." Yoseob easily blew her off.

The girl looked shocked for a moment then heartbroken then finally angry.

"I bet if it was _____ who gave you these you would accept them!" She accused.

"What's so special about her that she had come through to you? Why wasn't that person me?!" She threw the carefully wrapped box to the ground.

Slowly, he turned to the girl, her friends frozen a few feet away, just watching.

He looked and acted calm, but no one could mistake the hardness of his eyes or the aura that flared dangerously.

"Look, I don't know who the hell you are or even what your name is. You should have known better not to waste your efforts by attempting to try to get me to accept your stupid candy. As for _____, it's none of your business if I accept her candy or not. Don't you dare talk about her like that, do you hear me?!" Yoseob growled in her face.

The girl's confidence drained away and only left behind her fear that had been hiding behind it.

"Y-yes." She barely got out.

"Now get out of my face before I have to do something about it." 

Right away, as if she had been freed, she ran to her friends and high-tailed away.

Eventually, the heat died down and he didn't feel so mad anymore.

He thought back to what he said. He sounded unusually protective, but it was natural while he was saying it.

Often he would speak his mind, but this time it was different.

She was right when she said that _____ had gone through to him and he knew that he had just accidentally admitted it out loud.

As much as he wanted to loath the fact that she had no longer just penetrated through his exterior and now settled within him, he couldn't help but think of something smaller, like if _____ had something for him too.

He sighed dreamily and hoped so.

At lunch, Yoseob was walking around campus, just going where ever his body lead him.

And it just happened to lead him toward three people who were sitting at a table and eating lunch.

They're names are Sungjong, Luna and, of course, _____.

He stopped in his tracks when he realized where he was going.

He was stuck where he was, caught between proceeding and staying away.

The trio were talking and laughing when Luna took out a bag of chocolate.

_____ lit up and reached into a gift bag by her foot, pulling out an identical looking bag and giving it to Sungjong.

Those must have been her Valentine's chocolates for them.

With such a big bag, Yoseob wondered how many people she gave to.

Maybe with so many that there would be one for him too.

Finally deciding to approach them, Sungjong was the first to see him coming.

The look he gave him pierced through him and made him creeped out.

He watched him until the two girls realized he was coming.

Casually, as if they were all good friends, he took a seat and sat there like nobody's business.

Luna and _____ both looked at him then at each other, silently communicating in a way that only best friends could.

"Hi?"

Sungjong was the only one who didn't look surprised to him.

In fact, he just looked away as if he didn't even want to see him.

Yoseob started to panic on the inside because he had gotten that far without a plan.

Now he felt awkward and like an idiot.

Curse you, Park _____.

"I'm coming with you to work today." He said, then got up and left before he could embarrass himself any more.

 

"W-what...okay then bye?" I blinked in confusion then slowly turned back to them and continued to eat.

"What was that all about? He's going with you to work?" Luna questioned just as, or maybe more, confused.

I just sighed and shook my head.

"I don't know. I can't understand him no matter how hard I try. First he bugs me, tells me to stay away, then suddenly doing weird things like this..." I trailed off, munching on a spoonful of rice.

"He just misses you." Sungjong said.

I stopped eating again and looked at him questioningly.

"He thought that you were too much of a bother to him so he told you to not to see him, but then he realized that, instead, he enjoys having you around." He smiled knowingly.

"Weird I tell you..." I muttered, also thinking about how crazy Sungjong was.

The rest of lunch went along as it would on any other day and soon the break was over.

It was time to get back to our studies.

"I'll call you later, Luna." I said as I packed up my things and cleaned up all of the garbage from lunch.

"You don't want us to wait for you?" She asked to be sure.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." I nodded.

"Bye you guys."

"See ya, _____." Sungjong saluted.

"Bye!" Luna went off with Sungjong to class.

All of sudden, Yoseob came out of no where and silently helped me clean up the mess we made.

I just watched in astonishment as he threw wrappers in a garbage can and put the lid onto the container Mir had put my lunch in that morning.

I accidentally let him clean up everything while I gawked and wondered what bush he jumped out from.

"What class do you have now?" He asked swiftly taking my bag and placing the lunch container inside.

"Advanced Instrumental..." I answered.

"Let's go."

He started walking toward the music building without me.

"Hey, wait!"

I quickly grabbed the gift bag and hurried after him, walking in step with him once I caught up.

 

Yoseob and _____ both glanced at the bag at the same time.

She wondered if she should give him his Valentine's Day chocolate or not.

He wondered if she would give it to him or if she even had any left.

The thumping sound that was made as the rest of the bags tumbled around inside confirmed that there were still some left.

Since he wasn't going to ask, he just looked forward again and waited.

 

When I looked to Yoseob, his face was stone cold, but his eyes twinkled in the light and looked warm. 

I smiled and looked away and thought about what Sungjong said.

He misses me?, I asked wordlessly.

My smile grew wider.

He misses me.