Where Is _____?

The Warrior Ice Prince

The Warrior Ice Prince

 
 

 Beast - Lights Go On Again & Kim Sunggyu - Because) Open in new tab

 
Chapter 15 : Where Is _____?
 
 
Yoseob's POV: 
 
Yoseob was was walking around campus looking for somebody.
He was looking for _____. He wanted to get some practice in during their lunch break.
He spotted Sungjong nearby and figured that he would know where she was.
"Yoseob." 
"Hey, do you know where _____ is?" Yoseob asked him.
"I was going to ask you the same thing. Did she not come to school?" Sungjong asked out loud.
"Is she sick again? She wouldn't miss school for any other reason then that." He stated.
"I'll try calling her." Sungjong pulled out his cellphone. He had her on speed dial.
Yoseob watched him as he held it to his ear.
After about thirty seconds he ended the call and dialed another number.
"She's not picking up. I'm going to try calling Mir hyung."
Yoseob just realized something.
"Yah, why don't you call me hyung? I'm older then you." He snapped.
"Shush." Sungjong quickly dismissed him.
That made Yoseob mad, but he shut up wanting to know where _____ was.
The result was the same. We were silent for a moment, wondering what to do.
Sungjong snapped his fingers. "Maybe Luna knows where she is." 
He ran off to go find her and Yoseob just stood there wondering what to do.
Should he wait for her still for after school practice?
Yoseob didn't see Sungjong for the rest of that day, so he didn't know if he asked Luna about _____ yet.
Maybe she'll come to practice... he thought.
He went to the practice room and started waiting for her.
He was there for a hour and there was still no sign of her.
He sighed.
What am I doing here? Why am I still waiting here like this? Yoseob asked himself.
He couldn't help but feel like he was being blown off.
Feeling frustrated, he started walking home.
On the way back, he passed by _____'s house.
He looked up at the house and went up the walkway.
He was shocked to see Minwoo sitting by the door cupping his face with his hands. 
He looked up with hopeful eyes, but it quickly diminished when he saw that it was me.
"She's not home either?" 
He shook his head sadly.
Without thinking, Yoseob sat down beside him.
"I hope nothing happened to my _____ noona...or Mir hyung." Minwoo muttered to himself.
"I'm sure they're fine." Yoseob said dryly.
"What are you doing here anyway?" Minwoo asked with no emotion.
It surprised him because Minwoo was always had that happy tone in his voice when he talked.
"She didn't come to practice." Yoseob answered simply.
"I think I'm going to die if something happens to her..." Minwoo was so worried.
"You love her that much don't you." Yoseob smirked.
He flinched and didn't look up.
What Yoseob said was only a joke, but now it was funny that the little twig actually loved _____.
"You really do love her. Heh, don't expect her love you back. After all you are only a kid. It's kind of cute really." Yoseob took advantage of the moment.
Minwoo suddenly stood up with his head down and his hair covering his face.
"I need to go." was all he said.
Yoseob smirked. 
That was really too cute.
"Poor guy..." He pitied him.
A couple minutes later, Mir's car pulled up.
He was about to ask him where _____ was, when he saw her stepping out of the car.
She was dressed really nicely, but I wondered about why everything she wore was black.
"Yah, _____, why weren't you at school today? You know how long I was waiting for you?" Yoseob's voice trailed off when he saw _____'s deathly sad eyes.
As they passed by him to get into their home, he heard _____ mumble an apology.
That wasn't like her.
"Hey, are you okay? What is the matter?" He softened his tone.
She stopped before the doorway.
"I'll be at school tomorrow, I will make sure I'm not late. I'm sorry for not telling you that I would be absent." She said in monotone without turning around.
Without another word she went into the house and shut the door behind her, letting Yoseob have another look at her puffy eyes that looked dead.
He just stood there taken aback, by _____'s attitude.
He was snapped out of his gaze by his cell phone vibrating in his pocket.
It was a text from Sungjong.
It said that he had asked Luna about _____ and that she wants to tell him, Sungjong and Minwoo about her in person. We were all going to meet somewhere in about half an hour.
There was another text from Sungjong which said where they were all going to meet.
Yoseob arrived at a Starbucks nearby where Luna and Sungjong were already at seated by a window.
He took a seat at their table and waited with them for Minwoo.
Five minutes later, Minwoo walked in and spotted the three.
Right away he demanded to know where _____ was.
"Calm down, after you left _____ and Mir returned home and they are fine. _____ is fine." Yoseob exaggerated the last part.
"Where was she?" Sungjong asked him.
"I don't know, she didn't tell me. She seemed really upset about something though."
"Upset? About what?" Minwoo asked.
"Did Mir hyung say anything?" Sungjong asked.
"She only said that she would be at school tomorrow and Mir didn't say a word." 
"Boys." Luna said waving her hand.
"You can keep questioning each other or you can listen up."
The three shut up immediately and looked impatiently at Luna.
"As all of you I'm pretty sure knows by now, _____'s parents are not here. Every year on this day they go to visit their old home in remembrance of them. When _____ was young, her mom and dad were taken away from her. Mir was left to take care of his emotionally scarred little sister by himself. That event was so horrible for her that she wouldn't eat or speak for weeks. Now whenever she thinks of them she temporally goes into depression. Though I know she tries to be cheerful around everyone, I can tell that most of the time she is not okay. Please just give her some time and she will be back to normal soon. Don't worry about it too much, this happens every year. And don't bring up her parents all right?"Luna tried to tell them in a way they would understand.
They all were lost in their own thoughts. They all felt really bad. Especially Yoseob who had been so insensitive to her. 
Minwoo hated the fact that right then _____ was in pain and he was doing nothing about it.
Sungjong wanted to hold _____ in his arms and comfort her.
"Anyways, just think carefully before you do anything. I need to go." Luna dismissed herself.
They all sat there for a while still digesting what Luna said.
"I'm going to go see her." Minwoo suddenly declared. 
He started to get up to leave, but was stopped by Sungjong.
"Remember what Luna said. Think carefully, we need to leave her alone right now." He hissed and grabbed him by the wrist.
"You know I want to see her as badly as you do. Don't pretend like you're the only one."
"We'll all see her tomorrow, just hold on until then." Sungjong got up and left.
Minwoo left too, looking extremely frustrated.
Yoseob was left sitting at the table.
"Whatever.." He mumbled and stormed out.
He wanted to punch someone. He was looking for a fight.
In an alleyway, he punched the wall.
Why did he feel this way? Why did it affect him so greatly?
"Wow, looks like someone has temper issues~" A voice said.
A couple of guys were standing a few feet away from me.
Yoseob turned his head and glared at them.
An evil smile spread across his face as he let his mind give it's self to his fuming anger, frustration and hatred.
He swiftly made his way over to them and connected his fist to one of the guy's jaws.
He beat them up so badly they begged for mercy.
But there was no stopping him.
The flame had already been lit.