Dinner

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
 
 
Chapter 82 : Dinner
 
 
 
Your POV: 
 
 
 
Minwoo had gone to my house at three just as he said.
 
We sat around for a while, watching TV and cuddling on the couch for about an hour then took the bus to the city.
 
We went around and shopped until it was time to meet everyone else for dinner.
 
Minwoo and I arrived in front of the restaurant at 6PM just as Yoseob was getting out of his car.
 
Unconsciously, I brightened at the sight of him.
 
"Hey." I smiled and waved only to recieve the cold rejection of him closing his car door and going in without even looking my way.
 
I stood frozen, surprised that he didn't even say hi back.
 
Minwoo brought me back to reality when he took the hand that was still raised in the air and held it.
 
"Come on, Noona. Let's go in." He gently guided me inside.
 
I knew that Yoseob had seen us. He just ignored us...me.
 
"Hey, _____, glad you can make it." Sungjong said as we approached his reserved table.
 
"Hi, _____!" The other two said simultaneously.
 
"Thanks for inviting me." I smiled and shook the thoughts out of my head.
 
Yoseob was probably just upset about something.
 
"And thanks for letting us join too." Minwoo added, speaking for him and Yoseob.
 
"No problem. The more the merrier." We took our seats and picked up a menu.
 
I was in between Yoseob and Minwoo. 
 
I spotted the stark differences right away.
 
Minwoo talked with me animatedly while Yoseob just stared at his menu silently.
 
"Should we order this? Do want dessert after?" Minwoo asked pointing to the pictures of food.
 
"I'll have whatever. Everything looks good." I answered, only half paying attention.
 
I wanted to see what was wrong with Yoseob.
 
"Okay. Then we can have this! Or maybe this!" Minwoo suggested.
 
"We don't have to get the same thing. Just order what you want." I said, looking at Yoseob.
 
"We're a couple! We should get the same thing." He declared.
 
I tapped Yoseob's shoulder.
 
"Are you okay? Is something wrong?" I asked him.
 
He shoved away from my touch as if it caused him pain and turned the other way.
 
I was frozen again, hurt by his reaction, but was brought back by everyone else at the table.
 
The waiter had come and they were ordering.
 
Luna and Jiyoung ordered practically the same thing, Sungjong order some dish I've never heard of and Minwoo gave and excited 'Same for me!' right after my order.
 
Yoseob was last and said what he wanted quietly.
 
I was baffled at his behaviour and wondered why he wouldn't say anything to me.
 
As we waited for our food, we talked about various things while Minwoo played my fingers and held me close.
 
It made me feel a little bit better, but every once in a while I would turn or glance at Yoseob who said nothing, did nothing.
 
I tried to get some kind of response from him, but it would always end up with the same thing, nothing.
 
I couldn't enjoy my friends' company properly, even after we all finished eating and had cake I could only half pay attention.
 
Minwoo was almost always the one who brought me back and made me feel a little bit better.
 
Just one more time...sometimes people just need a push, I thought.
 
"Yoseob—" I was abruptly cut off by him as he stood and walked away to the men's restroom.
 
All of us watched as he left wondering what the big fuss was about.
 
"What's his problem?" Jiyoung asked aloud.
 
"It's probably nothing. Luna, you were saying?" Sungjong changed the subject immediately as if he knew that he was going to do that.
 
They continued their conversation, but I still had my eyes on his back, wanting to go after him.
 
He must've been annoyed by my constant attempts to get him to say anything to me.
 
"It's okay. Just leave him be." Minwoo whispered soothingly.
 
He whispered something else in my ear and I nodded.
 
 
 
"Aish, I hate this." Yoseob said to his reflection.
 
He was alone in the darkly lit bathroom and glared at himself in front the sinks.
 
He was having a hard time not giving any responses to _____.
 
It was more difficult than he expected and he knew that she was trying hard to get him to talk.
 
Every time he gave her the cold shoulder, he felt so bad and to think that was what he had done to her before every single day.
 
Yoseob was so frustrated that he couldn't do anything when Minwoo was being all affectionate right in front of his face.
 
The nerve he had sometimes...
 
Maybe it was wrong of him to ask to come.
 
All he was doing was giving him less of a chance to win her back.
 
He didn't want to go back out just to ignore her again, but he couldn't stay hidden in the washroom forever.
 
Reluctantly, he pushed open the door and went back to the table to find two bodies not in their chairs.
 
"Where's Minwoo and _____?" He asked, blinking at the empty spots.
 
"_____ wasn't feeling very good so Minwoo took her out for some fresh air." Luna said.
 
He didn't like the thought of him being alone with her.
 
She was too within his grasp to not be worried.
 
Damn, if only he hadn't been punished and wasn't allowed to communicate with _____.
 
It occurred to him that it could've been all part of his plan.
 
It would make sense.
 
By ignoring her, it would just give Minwoo more reason to convince her to stay with him.
 
But, if that was what he planned, then right now he could be trying to convince her...and ending any chances he had.
 
, he set me up!
 
Yoseob raced out of the restaurant, ignoring every look he was given and set his heart and mind on finding them.
 
He hoped he wasn't too late.
 
 
 
Minwoo and I walked down the sidewalk.
 
There were hardly anyone out, at least at that part of the city.
 
Wisps of clouds floated about in the dark blue sky, not thick enough to stop the moon's rays from shining through.
 
It was chilly, cold as the wind blew and I shivered lightly.
 
The arm that was holding onto me, pulled me in a little closer so I wouldn't be as cold.
 
My boyfriend who was usually full of life and chattered non-stop was strangely quiet, not a word escaping from his mouth.
 
I had a feeling that he had something to say, but I guess it would have to wait until he was ready to share.
 
A car zoomed pass, honking and faraway sirens were heard.
 
It was too silent for a Saturday in Seoul.
 
Minwoo sat us down when we reached a bench and we huddled together for a while before he spoke.
 
"Do you love me?" He asked, a little bit quietly, expecting a certain answer.
 
I was about to say, 'Yes, of course! I'm your girlfriend aren't I?', but it just didn't ring true.
 
Now that I thought about it, I had never told him once that I loved him nor have really thought so.
 
He was the one who always went out of his way to make sure I knew it.
 
Forcefully, I whispered, "Yes."
 
"That's not true, is it? You still love...somebody else." Minwoo sighed sadly, knowingly.
 
I didn't bother to deny it.
 
"Do you know how I know?" He asked. "Because your eyes sparkle when you see him, you're attentive, worried if something is the matter."
 
"I worry about you too." I feebly protested.
 
"Yes, you do, but not nearly as much as you do to him. I was watching you trying to cheer him up tonight and even though I tried my hardest to get your attention, I never got it in full." He removed his arm and took my hands instead.
 
They were always so much warmer then mine.
 
"I don't really know what else to say to make you forget about him. I already promised to love you, care for you, do anything you will ever ask of me, yet it never changes a thing." He paused, collecting his words.
 
"If it were anybody, any other guy out there that you loved, I would let you go, but it cannot, absolutely cannot be Yoseob." Passion shined in his voice. 
 
He was really unforgiving to the one who had hurt me.
 
"Why do you hate him so much? Because he broke my heart? Are you jealous of him?" I couldn't help but defend him and accuse Minwoo probably hurting him in the process.
 
"Yes." He admitted, just above a whisper. "I hate how he older and better. How he has a car and money and can go to school with you. I hate how he hadn't realised how precious your love was and smashed it into oblivion. I have how he has had the privilege of having your love, still has it, when I've never even gotten it once." 
 
Guilt settled over, washing me in the words I wish I had never said.
 
Not once had I considered about what Minwoo felt, the heartbreak he had when he knew I was never really his.
 
"I'm asking you, no, begging you to let him go. He doesn't love you, never has. Yes, you can protest about how he's been lately, but can't you see how fast he can change? Just yesterday he was being nice, but look at him today. Weren't you hurt when he didn't respond to you at all?"
 
I lowered my head and stared at the concrete. 
 
Yes.
 
"He's hurt you before and he'll hurt you again and it's not a lie if I say he's hurt you plenty times more, right? Aren't you tired of it?"
 
My eyes grew wet and I nodded, feeling all of the hurt Yoseob had ever caused me bundling up inside of me, accumulating into a big ball.
 
I was though, I was sick of him being nice when he wanted or didn't want to.
 
He'd raise hopes, just to crush them with the underside of his boot.
 
Being hurt, well, hurt and there was only so much I could take.
 
"Trust me, he's not worth anything of yours, be it time or your affection. You and I both know that he'll just hurt you again. How many times has he made you cry?" He began to rub my back and kissed my fingers.
 
"You are my girlfriend. I love you, shouldn't that mean that you should love me too? You don't have to feel sad anymore. All you have to do is give him up, forget and if you're still hurt after that, let me heal you. I can and will. I promise you." With a hand on my cheek he lifted and turned my head to look him full on.
 
"Let's be happy together, okay?" Minwoo smiled lightly and leaned in closer and closer until our lips met.
 
I didn't respond or close my eyes and just sat still.
 
He waited patiently, knowing that I needed a few moments.
 
We had never kissed like this before, only a few pecks here and there, but I felt that this time he wanted to go deeper.
 
Almost like a promise.
 
Yoseob doesn't love me. Minwoo does.
 
I didn't want to love him anymore. It was much too painful.
 
I was also in a committed relationship, but I was no where near committed.
 
He was right though, why would I put up with someone who would only toy with my feelings?
 
If I accept him, fully and truly this time, can I be happy?
 
The question ran throughout my body.
 
"Let's be happy together, okay?" 
 
As I made my decision, I slowly, as if drowsy, shut my eyelids and accepted his kiss and him.
 
The pressure from my fallen eyelids caused a tear to squeeze out and make it's way down my cheek.
 
Okay, Minwoo, let's be happy.
  
Just as I gave myself entirely to him, flesh had hit flesh and ended the kiss.
 
My eyes flew open to the culprit who punched Minwoo then widened at who it was.
 
"Get your filthy lips off of her!" 
 
Yoseob was breathing heavily, glaring at the guy he knocked to the ground then turned and looked at me straight in the eyes, making my breathing come to a sudden halt.