The Flower Of Love Begins To Blossom‏

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
(Beast - Dreaming, Super Junior - Feels Good & CNBLUE - Love Light) 
 
Chapter 20 : The Flower Of Love Begins To Blossom
 
Your POV:
 
That night, I dreamed.
There was a cute little boy at a playground and a man behind him with a hand on his shoulder.
"Go play with them." The man told the boy.
"Kids! Come welcome our newest addition!" He yelled out carelessly to the other children who were giggling and chasing each other around.
The man left and they continued to play as if they never even heard him.
The boy walked shyly onto the gravel of the playground area and walked up to a group of his peers.
"Annyeong." He said quietly.
"Annyeong! I'm Kibum!" Another boy was digging in the sand box.
"Andwae! Jonghyun, don't touch my fort!" Kibum yelled to a kid beside him.
His hair was brown with yellow at the tips.
There were three others doing their own thing in the sand box.
"Can I play?" The boy asked.
"Yeah. Go over there and start building your own fort." Kibum pointed to an unoccupied spot with out looking up.
The boy walk over and started building something that looked nothing like a castle or fortress.
Once he was finished with his pile of sand, the boy spied a shiny rock.
Thinking that it would be perfect for his sand castle he scrambled up and went to get it, wrecking someone's well done sand castle.
"Hey! Your wrecked my fort! Hyung..." The now destroyed castle owner started to cry.
Kibum came over, glaring at the boy.
"M-mianhae." He backed up into another sand fort by accident.
"Now your just doing it on purpose! Taemin, lets go play somewhere else. Minho! Hyungs! Lets go play tag over there!" Kibum and the other four boys ran off, leaving him alone at the sand box.
The boy also got up and dusted off his pants.
He made his way over to the swing set where a new boy was sitting on a swing by himself.
Afraid of messing up again, the boy sat near, but not too close. Just one swing away from the other boy.
He didn't say anything or even looked up when he arrived.
"Hi." The boy carefully greeted.
He said nothing and just ignored him.
After a while, he felt very unwelcome and went to play on the monkey bars alone.
The boy at the swings interested him and he kept glancing at him.
Every time he looked, the swing boy would be staring at him intensely.
It felt weird that he was watching his every move, but play time was over, fortunately, and he was free from the strange boy's gaze.
Someone called for all of the kids to go inside and then the scene blurred and reappeared in a different environment.
This time, the boy was in a gymnasium holding a red rubber ball.
He was wearing a dark blue jersey along with many other children.
The others in front of him were the same except that their jerseys were yellow.
Suddenly a ball was thrown at him, but it was too short, falling just a centimetre before his white sneaker.
"You're out!" A muscular man wearing a tee shirt and shorts blew his whistle and looked upon the boy with a not-so-friendly expression.
"But it didn't hit me!" The boy protested.
He still wanted to play.
"Move it, kid. Do you want to sit in the corner?" The gym teacher, I guessed, said in a deep, gruff voice.
"It's not fair the ball never even touched me!" He glared at the man with clenched fists.
The boy had yelled loud enough that everyone in the gymnasium heard and stopped what they were doing.
No one ever talked back to him.
"Go sit in the corner! You aren't allowed to play for the rest of today!" The man put a hand on his back and forcefully lead him to an isolated corner of the gym.
The boy looked behind him and saw a bigger kid holding a ball smirking and laughing because he had gotten him in trouble.
Anger in him flared and he got out of the man's grip and raced up to the snickering kid with impossible speed, striking him clean in the jaw.
The bigger kid looked at him with rage as he dropped the ball he was holding and punched him right back.
A fight between the two broke out and soon the boy was on top of the other and punching his face over and over endlessly until the other kid was knocked out completely.
A smile was spread across his face the whole time.
Blood and bruises were visible and suddenly the boy was being lifted up by the pissed teacher and held him firmly even though he struggled.
The scene fast-forwarded to a very bandaged up kid sitting beside the boy in a woman's office.
There were cuts and bruises all over the boy's body, but he felt none of them.
If anything, he liked all of the injuries.
The other boy's nose was wrapped in white, a broken nose beneath it.
A very prime and proper women was yelling at the boy. 
He was in very big trouble, but he didn't care.
He just evilly smiled at the fear-filled boy before finally being escorted out by another adult.
He would be on constant watch from then on.
He was always five feet away from any other child, but he still manage to fight with another who made him angry.
He always ached for a fight, but he mostly ached for a friend.
No one would ever talk to him directly, look at him. It was as if he wasn't even there.
The only person who still dared to have any interaction with him was the silent friendless swing kid who never said anything, but was always watching him.
 
Light came in through the windows and hit my face.
My senses started to come as I felt very warm and comfortable.
I heard birds chirping outside and the soft, steady breathing of another.
Muscular arms wrapped around my torso.
I smiled and snuggled in closer, thinking that I was at home, in my bed with Mir oppa asleep beside me again.
I breathed in deeply, smelling the familiar scent of clean sheets mixed with the smell of a guy.
It was delicious.
"Do you like being in my arms that much?"
With my eyes still closed, I frown.
My memory was solwly being restored and suddenly, I remember everything.
My eyes shoot open and I scramble up so that I'm sitting, breaking all physical contact with Yoseob.
I pat myself and sigh in relief when I find all of my clothes on.
Yoseob was just lying there, on his side with his arm propped up giving me a mock sweet look.
"Morning."
I scowled, wanting to leave very much, but I didn't know where to go other than down a flight of stairs.
I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow at him.
"What? We didn't do anything if that's what you're worried about. I only think I remember though...you were snuggling into me?"
"I thought you were Mir oppa." I say with a pout.
He only looked at me so I only looked him.
He had a bad case of bed head hair.
Somehow it was adorable.
Wow, he even managed to be imperfectly perfect too.
"Can I use your washroom?" I ask, sure that I didn't look half as appealing as he did.
Yoseob pointed to a door on my left and I got up and went inside.
"There are extra toothbrushes in the top right drawer." He called.
The bathroom looked so luxurious.
I wouldn't mind taking a nice, long and relaxing bath here.
I looked at the shower jets and convinced myself that I could probably fall asleep if I showered here.
They looked like mini body massagers that spewed out water.
After having a good look at the bathroom, I went over to the sink and looked at the reflection in the mirror.
I saw me with decent hair and my Hello Kitty pajamas wrinkled up, so I smoothed it out.
I used the bathroom and fixed myself up the best I could with the limited supplies I had with me.
Usually whenever I slept over at Luna's house, I just used what she had there, like her hair brush.
I would also borrow her clothes, so I had nothing to change into.
It was no big deal though, Yoseob was only going to be taking me home.

I came out to find that Yoseob had changed and straightened himself up.
He had his hands in his pockets and was facing the other way.
I closed the bathroom door behind me which made a small clicking sound.
Yoseob turned and saw that I was still wearing my pajamas.
"Aren't you going to change?" 
"I usually borrow Luna's clothes." I say sheepishly.
"But it's okay, you're only taking me home, right?"
He said nothing.
"Right?" 
"Actually...I was thinking that since you're already here, we could practice for a while. The performance talent show thing is coming up in two weeks?" 
"I don't want to go to school wearing this!" I gestured to my comfortable outfit.
He thought about it for a moment.
"I'll lend you some clothes." 
"But..."
"What?" 
I didn't really want to wear Yoseob's clothes.
He gave me a look and waited for my answer.
I gave in.
"All right, fine." 
He started digging trough his closet, which was surprisingly neat and organized and pulled out regular grey sweat pants and his smallest tee shirt which still was many sizes too big for me.
I went into the bathroom again to change.
The sweatpants were a little bit big at the waist but it wasn't that big of a problem.
The shirt was plain white and I slipped it over my shirt, not trusting that it will completely cover me up.
Who knows what some sees if I leaned forward and spied something through the arm hole?
I found a small brush in my bag and tied up my hair into a bun.
"When are you taking me home?" I asked after I silently came out and started putting bobby pins into my hair.
He turned around again and looked straight at me.
I was about to grab the last pin which I was holding between my lips, but I froze under his gaze.
His eyes were a soft, light brown. That was the first time I saw them like that. Soft. It looked nice. And comfy.
"Give me a couple hours of your day and I will bring you home." He said still giving me the same look.
It was so warm and just plain...nice.
I mentally shook myself and continued with my hair.
"A-all right."
I turned away and blushed.
I fanned my hot face and checked myself in a full length mirror on the wall.
Yoseob started to leave, so I hurried to catch up with him.
He stopped abruptly at the top of the stairs, causing me to bump into him.
I blushed again.
"Sorry." I apologize sheepishly with a matching smile.
I saw his mouth turn up slightly.
Did he just smile?
He continued without me as I was still trying to process what I just saw.
On the first floor again, I recognized things I saw last night. This morning.
Yoseob started making breakfast and I insisted that I'd help.
We made a yummy breakfast and headed out to the school.
 
I plucked a string of my harp thoughtfully.
When I woke that morning, I had completely forgotten about the dream I had.
It was a peculiar dream and I wondered where it had come from.
The only thing I could think of was of what Yoseob had told me about his childhood.
But what about the beginning, when the little boy was first, more or less, introduced to the other kids?
And after the incident in the gym?
He never told me any of those things.
I don't remember him telling me any of that.
I had a strange feeling about the kid on the swing.
He was familiar.
I thought about it a little more then decided to try something.
"Yoseob." I turned to him.
He was sitting on a chair studying something on paper and looked up.
"After you had that fight with the other boy in the gym, tell me what happened after that."
"Well, the caretaker forced me off of him and they hit me as my punishment. I didn't really feel the pain at all. After, I met with the head caretaker and the kid I beat up and she tried to get me to say sorry, make it up to him, but I refused. She tried hard to make me, but she didn't scare me at all. Finally, she got tired of trying and just gave up. Someone came for me and escorted me out for another lashing. I remember smiling at the kid before I left. I loved the way he looked at me with fear." 
Yoseob relived it again, feeling the same feelings, but came back to reality a second later.
I stayed silent. 
He had just described to me what I dreamed.
Except for the lashing and hitting.
He only told me now, so why did I already know it?
"Did you ever tell me about your first meeting with the other kids at the orphanage?" I ask warily.
"No. I never told anyone." He gave me a weird look.
"You were taken to a playground and went to a sandbox to play with a group of boys, but you wrecked their sand structures and they went some where else to play." I say.
His eyes were cold, hard.
Unlike earlier.
"How do you know that? How much do you know?" He asked dangerously.
"I don't know, but after that you went to the swing set and sat near a kid. He never responded to you and watched you all of the time." I tell him the last details he didn't know I knew.
"How do you know that?" He repeated standing up and giving me a very intimating look.
"I-I..."
He took a step toward me.
"I don't know." I answer honestly.
Another step.
"I don't know! I don't know. I had a dream last night and I don't know." I repeat for the forth time.
"What?" He looked surprised.
I start to back away eventually hitting the wall lightly.
I felt it and found the door, I would use it if he took a step closer.
I had no idea what he would do to me and judging by his history, his personality, he could kill anyone he wanted to.
Then he stepped closer and I twisted the door knob with swiftness I never knew I had and ran without looking back.
I knew he was following me because I could hear his footsteps tailing me.
"_____! Wait!"
I turned a corner where he caught my wrist and twisted me so that I faced him.
I cried out, but it was pointless. 
It was sunday and no one was in the building.
I waited for something. Anything.
But nothing came.
I opened my eyes slowly and he was only looking at me with concern.
"I'm sorry-I didn't mean to be so hostile like that."
He tried to pull me toward him, but I managed to somehow slip out of his grip.
He was so scary.
He surprised me with his next action.
He grabbed my wrists again, but lightly and pulled me again so close that my head rested on his chest.
I gasped as he wrapped his arms around me.
It felt like I couldn't breathe even though I could as normally as I could three seconds ago.
"I'm sorry. I really am. I don't want to hurt you. I never want to, would want to, or ever hurt you." He whispered.
I could breathe again, but they were broken and shaky.
Did he really just say those words?
Sweet words that sounded like the best music to my heart, which happily sang along.
We stayed like that until my breathing became normal, until I calmed.
The beautiful melody played over and over again.
His words felt real and sincere and despite what just happened in the practice room, I felt safe.
I believed him with all of my being.
I didn't want to leave. I felt like I wouldn't be safe anymore if I left.
So I stayed and he stayed.
I hoped the music only heard within my heart never ended.
 
Sungjong's POV:
 
"That's the milky way over there." Sungjong pointed up.
"Wait a second, I have a print out right here somewhere." Luna looked through her little pink binder that was covered in stickers of planets and stars and moons.
He watched her with interest.
"Oh, here it is." She pulled out a piece of paper.
"This is the Milky Way and there's Pegasus and this one is Perseus!" Luna pointed to the different constellation on the paper.
"That's right." Sungjong smiled at her.
"Very good. Now point to them in the sky." 
She tilted her head upwards and scouted the speckled sky.
The moonlight hit her face and illuminated her features.
It made her skin glow with white.
With twinkling eyes she asked if she was right.
He nodded and chuckled.
She looked like an excited kid ready to learn everything there is about astrology.
She started to document something and he watched her again. 
Something was different about her.
Or maybe nothing was different and he was noticing something he hadn't see before.
Sungjong curiously tilted his head to the side and tried to figure out what it was.
"Is something wrong?" Luna looked up at him.
"No." I say simply.
"Okay then." She smiles brightly and continues writing down information.
Hmm...
Looking up silently at the most wondrous thing in the sky, the moon, he looked deeply into it.
He saw _____ with Yoseob, like a reflection over water.
He saw him with his arms tightly and securely wrapped around _____'s body.
He felt that tug on his heart as the vision disappeared.
Sungjong's eyes found Luna again and he smiled softly.
There was something different in her he hadn't noticed.
She had a beauty quite like _____'s, yet different.
Like a spot of moon light hitting the most delicate flower.
It seemed like the flower of love had begun to blossom. 
Once again his head is lifted to the moon and he envisions _____ and Yoseob there again.
Luna looks at him again with another smile.
Maybe...it has blossomed for me too?

Here's another chapter for you because I won't be able to write for the next couple of weeks.
Mid-terms are coming up.
Thank you for reading and waiting patiently!
Wish me luck! ^^
 
- SarahChi1023