The 67th Annul Half Year Talent Show

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 

Chapter 32: The 67th Annul Half Year Talent Show
 
Your POV: 
 
All participants of the talent show were excused from classes for that day to go over and rehearse their performances.
The day is crazy as I try to manage so many people and practising trying to get everything perfect.
Since we all couldn't use the stage at the same time, we would have to go up and reserve the next available turn.
Most times, there was one or two groups before us.
During the practice times we had while waiting for our turn on the stage, we did perfectly, but once we got on stage there was at least one person who made a mistake.
"It's okay. No giving up right?" I say nodding at the person who made the mistake this time.
"Mian, I'll do better next time." The girl bowed her head.
"As long we do well for the real thing." I smile.
We try again and there is still that one mistake.
We practice for most of the school day with no improvement.
Yoseob comes to me and reminds me that we had to practice too.
Everyone said that they were okay with me leaving and would practice on their own so I went off with Yoseob.
Working with Yoseob was much less exasperating and I felt less tense.
Yoseob and I actually did really well with almost no mistakes at all.
The only thing that was really challenging was to not to blush or fall or stare at him for too long.
It was 4:00, three hours until the show and we were going to practice as if we were doing the real thing.
Each group would go up according to the list we were given yesterday.
We would have time to go through the whole show twice then get ready for the real show.
Again, I help everyone set up their things on stage. It only took about eight minutes this time.
The directing teacher had decided that I would become part of the crew who moved things on and off the stage.
I was already thinking of everything that I already needed to do.
Of course I couldn't say no and accepted.
The next few hours are super busy and soon it was almost time for the show.
Everyone was scrambling to make sure that everything was working correctly and everyone knew what they needed to know, be where they needed to be.
By 6:50, half of the audience was already filled.
I felt pre-show nervousness as I peeked out from behind the curtain.
There were even more chairs then there were the day before and, as I overheard from one of the teachers, there was going to be a full house.
I spotted many of my classmates from other classes, some were holding signs.
I also saw Mir, Jiyoung, Luna, Sungjong, Minwoo and all of his friends. Yoseob was even sitting in the audience beside Mir.
Everyone in the second half of the show could sit and watch the show until the five minute intermission.
Every minute that passed, the number of people increased.
Most of them were wearing winter jackets.
Even in this cold, they were willing to sit outside and watch collage kids do whatever they were good at.
I also saw the forecast for tonight. It might snow.
Some students were going around with carts selling hot chocolate.
Finally, at 7:00, the seats were almost completely filled. 
The two MCs and teachers went in front of the stage to welcome everyone.
"Annyeonghaseyo, everyone! Thank you for coming out tonight even when it's so cold out. You can warm up on our student's own delicious hot chocolate that will be going around during the show. We have a lot in store for you and a lot of talent to show. I will turn it over to our MCs and I hope you all enjoy the show!" The teachers bow and return backstage.
Me and my group are ushered on stage and we take our places.
"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Baek Sooin and this is In Seungwoo and we'll be your MCs for tonight." 
"Ne, as it was already said, we hope you enjoy the show and thank you for coming. I'd like to introduce our first act, Mr. Song's Advanced Instrumental Music Class led and produced by Park _____ who will be also be doing vocals. Please welcome them."
My heart beats hard and fast as the audience applauds and the curtains go up along with the bright lights.
Instead of counting us in, I run my finger across four strings of my harp and then we all start.
First the drums along with the bassists, guitarists and celoists.
Then everyone joins in and the first line of my song follows.
I prayed in my head that no one would make any mistakes, but I still sort of anticipated it.
Half way through, everything was still going really well.
Soon we finish with absolutely zero mistakes.
I was ecstatic that our performance went so flawlessly.
The audience clapped and cheered for us.
I didn't get to enjoy it for long though. The curtains closed again and I had to help get everything off the stage to prepare of the next performer.
Meanwhile, the MCs introduced the next performer.
"That was Mr. Song's Advanced Instrumental Music class, they did pretty good didn't they?"
"Yes, they did. All right, next up we have..."
I couldn't listen any longer because we were running out of time setting up the next stage.
It was a sunbae doing a monologue.
"Please welcome him!" 
I quickly and silently run off stage and sit with the sound guy.
I watched the sunbae speak with big actions.
His voice went soft, then loud, then normal, then soft again.
His monologue was about his rage he felt for people, mostly those who were selfish or those who were just generally bad.
I was very impressed by his performance, but again, I had no time to think about it for too long.
Me and a few other people had to go to work right as the curtain closed.
It's tiring because we have to work quickly, quietly and efficiently. 
It becomes routine to do what ever I have to do as quickly as I can then rest for not even five minutes and do it all over again.
I watch a solo dancer, a couple of dance groups, a solo singer, a pianist and the DJ perform along with a guy break dancing to what he spins.
They are all really good and I wish I could've had some time to appreciate them.
Next was a group doing a dance cover of SHINee's Lucifer then it would be the five minute intermission for people to go to the washroom, get hot chocolate or just stretch.
I could finally have a rest longer then a couple minutes.
Sitting on my chair, I enjoyed the break.
I even bought a hot chocolate with fluffy little marshmallows.
A good ten minutes had passed by.
"All right, people! Let's get back to business!" The teacher called.
People started going back to their seats and the performers from from the first half switched with the second half.
I see Yoseob nearby and my heart skips a beat.
I decided to go up to him.
"Did you get a cup of hot chocolate? It's actually pretty good." I smile, hoping he'll smile back.
"I didn't get one."
"Do you want one? I think there's still time for you to grab one before the show starts again." 
He just shakes his head, eyes distant, not willing to look at mine.
Yoseob sits in an unoccupied chair and stares at anywhere else but me
He still seemed to be in a bad mood.
"Grumpy, Ice Prince..." I grumble sadly and walk away.
I sink back into my chair unhappy that Yoseob would barely acknowledge me.
"Two minutes and we'll continue the show!" An MC said through his microphone.
I watched from a little crack in the curtain as the last people scramble back to their seats
They were mostly parents with small children.
Soon the show starts again, beginning with a sunbae named Song Victoria.
I watched her dance and she amazed me and the audience with her flexibility.
This time there were less stage props to move on and off.
Maybe a chair or some other object every once in the while so I could enjoy the show.
Now that I had time to enjoy the show, it also meant I had time to slowly get more and more nervous to go on stage again and sing.
Glancing over at my partner, I see him sipping water in a paper cup sitting normally.
The slight slouch, legs spread and eyes focused, but not necessarily interested on what's happening onstage.
Does he not feel nervous at all?
He was good at acting, I've had personal experience, so he might be but he's just not showing it.
The next act finished, and the next and the next and the next.
Suddenly, it was the middle of the act right before mine and Yoseob's.
Together we prepared to go on stage.
Last minute hair and make up was done and I quickly read over the lyrics again because I was afraid that I was going to forget.
The person on stage finishes, frozen on a pose and the lights dim and curtains close.
The only thing we needed were two chairs which were positioned center stage, the backs facing each other.
I sit in one chair and adjusted the placing of my legs, arms etc.
Yoseob doesn't sing until the chorus so for now, he's off stage right.
"Last, but not least, we have Park _____ and Yang Yoseob singing an original song written, arranged and composed by the two. The song is called 'Dying Because I Love You' or the alternative title, 'I Can't'. Please enjoy our final performance and welcome them to the stage." We are introduced to the crowd and clapping is heard.
Swallowing my saliva, I hear the intro music and I let it comfort me.
The heat of the spot light is warming in the cold weather.
The number of countless eyes all fixed on me, though, was a little bit less warming.
Four more beats...
Four...three...two...one...
And I begin to sing.

I'm sorry it's boring :/
Poll closes April 8th, so if you haven't voted yet, get voting!
This will be the last time I will post the poll in the chapters, but reminders will be made until the poll closes.
 
 
Thank you for reading and voting and I'll see you next chapter ^^
P.S. April 8th is Jonghyun's birthday and EXO's debut date. Isn't that amazing? keke 
 
 
@~@