An Item

The Warrior Ice Prince
The Warrior Ice Prince
 
 
 
Chapter 89: An Item
 
 
 
Your POV:
 
 
 
"Are you sure you want to do this right now? Don't you think it's a bit soon?" I asked as Yoseob helped me out of his car. "We just decided to go public today." It puzzled me how eager he was to do this. "I know, but the sooner the better right? I mean, it's the least you can do for your brother. You've been keeping this a secret for a while now." He knew that for me to do something like that to Mir was something that never happened. We were all we had and he was right. My brother should at least be the first one to know and as quickly as possible. "Okay then. Good thing that he's home." I said, unsure of how well or bad his response will be. 
 
We walked to the door and I unlocked the door with my house key. My fingers brushed the doorknob when a larger hand grasped my free one. "I'm a little bit nervous." He admitted which I found pretty funny, but I knew he meant it so i didn't make fun of it. "Don't be afraid, it's only Oppa. It's not like you've never met before." "Yeah, I know, but not like this." Mir I understood completely, but it was him who insisted that we do this and now. 
 
He took a quick minute to compose himself then opened the door himself and we went in together, our hand joined. "Oppa, I'm home." I called, taking off my shoes and kicking them to the side. "Welcome home. I'm in the living room." Mir said although I already knew that just by listening to where his voice was coming from.
 
"Um, Oppa?" I called as we walked down the hall toward where Mir was. "I brought somebody who wants to talk to you." I saw him stand and Yoseob and I stood in the doorway. "Oh? Who is it?" Mir turned and saw the two of us. His eyes flickered to our hands that were gripping each other then to our guest. "Come on in." 
 
The two of us sat down on a couch separate to him and for the first few moments, Mir only stared at Yoseob in a wary way. I could already tell that this might not end well.
 
"So, were you with him this whole time?" Mir said, eyes never leaving Yoseob who only looked at the ground. "Yes, I was." I answered, scared at his disapproval. I expected him to nonetheless, but right now, it looked bad.
 
It was quiet for a while longer and the energy around us felt uncomfortable, like sitting in a chair and having to shift around often. I looked toward Yoseob who still wasn't looking at anyone and wondered if he was going to say anything. When it seemed like he wasn't, I opened my mouth to speak for the both of us, but there wasn't a chance for any sound to come out.
 
"Um..." Yoseob started, but we had to wait a few moments before he spoke again. With a deep breath, he raised his gaze to meet my brother's. He stood and bowed the fully ninety degrees for the first time I have ever seen. "I know what I did before was horrible and I regret it a lot, but I sincerely love your sister, I'm sorry for not saying so sooner, but I've been dating her for two weeks now."
 
It was probably the most awkward thing I'd ever heard come out of his mouth and I was sure that Mir wouldn't accept him. 
 
He finally looked toward me, but I shied away. Disappointing my brother was one of the worst things for me. I was starting to think that maybe this wasn't such a good idea.
 
"I see." Mir said firmly. "Stand up straight, Yoseob." He did as asked and came out of his bent over position. Mir's eyes were critical and hard, but despite that, Yoseob met with it bravely. "I know this isn't the nicest thing to say, but we seemed to have arrived at a different context. I have always been wary of you up until you know when because from then I just plain despised you." Mir revealed, the scariest I've ever seen him. "I wanted to kill you. That's how precious my baby girl is to me. She's more important to me than anything in this world and it's upsetting to be told what you just told me. I just knew that something was going to go wrong when she came home that night and cried alone in her bedroom. You don't even know how angry I was when she finally told me that you said that you were in love with her."
 
It was so out of character that my loving, caring brother would think such malicious thoughts. I felt so bad for Yoseob and for him. I felt like a betrayer and I almost wanted to cry. Maybe to anyone else, but not to him. Never.
 
"I suppose I don't know." Yoseob responded humbly. "You should know that I have absolutely no trust in you." Mir stated clearly which he accepted. "So how could you possibly convince me that I can? You may have her fooled, but I don't believe you."
 
I really tried not to, but I just couldn't help it. I never seen such a side to my lovely brother and it upsetted me so much that it was because of me that I started to cry.
 
"I guess that's completely acceptable because I wouldn't trust me either and honestly, I don't know how to prove it to you. I can only trust what I feel. I know it in my heart that my feelings are 100% true. I'd spare you the killing if I ever did something like that again because I would do it myself." 
 
"So you expect me to just put my faith in you?!" Mir flew to his feet, completely enraged. "Oppa, stop!" I jumped into action right away. It hurt too much to the two men I loved the most. He stopped in his tracks when I hugged him and cried into his chest. I sobbed, wishing that this had never happened or that this had to happen at all. "I'm sorry, Oppa. I'm sorry."
 
His muscles relaxed and he just comforted me like he always has. I felt his concern and Yoseob suppressing his will to rush over to me as well.
 
 "Shh, it's okay, baby girl." He pet my hair and assured me that everything was alright, that he wasn't mad at me. When I heard those words, I calmed down. Mir continued to rock us back and forth soothingly.
 
I moved away from his warmth and pleaded to him with my eyes. Even though he wasn't disappointed in me like I feared, not all problems had been solved. 
 
"Oppa, I know how you feel completely because even I can't erase the worry that the same thing will happen again, but Yoseob changed. He's proved it to me plenty of times without him even intending to. I love him, Oppa." I said. It was a last ditch effort because I had no idea what to do if this failed and I was sure Yoseob was in the same boat.
 
At first, he took in what I said and was quiet for a long time. He looked at me then at Yoseob who stood in the same spot with a hopeful expression on his face. He sighed and looked back down at me.
 
"I guess if I were to trust anybody, it would be you, but are you sure?" Mir wanted to confirm which I nodded eagerly to. "I'm positive." His features soften and I saw the brother I knew once again. "Okay, then I believe you. Yoseob, you are on your death bed if ANYTHING, absolutely ANYTHING comes to harm her whether it be from you or anywhere else." Yoseob smiled in happiness and relief. "Yes, sir."
 
I turned and raced excitedly into Yoseob's arms that hugged me tightly. "We did it, Yoseob! Thank you, Oppa!" I exclaimed my gratefulness. "Now all we have to do is face everyone tomorrow." 
 
 
 
"'Tomorrow will be a piece of cake'...isn't that what you said yesterday?" Yoseob asked as we sat in his car in the school's parking lot. The engine had been turned off long ago and other students walked past toward the gates. "Yeah, but now I changed my mind." I smiled sheepishly. I had such a big boost of confidence after last night's success, but it deflated into nothing overnight. 
 
"We can't stay in here forever." He pointed out, but it just made me feel more anxious. Seeing that, he changed his approach. "Remember the other thing you said yesterday? You don't have anything to be afraid of. I'll be right there beside you." I became more reassured and breathed out. "Okay."
 
We got out of the car and began walking to the gates side by side. Yoseob slipped my hand in his and I nervously clutched onto it as we neared.
 
We were through and attention was slowly gained until everyone that we passed was watching. I saw them and heard them whispering amongst each other. It was everything I expected to hear, the questions of what they were seeing was, them wondering if last time wasn't enough, distaste, disapproval—and it became too much.
 
I removed my hand from Yoseob's, feeling like it was wrong, but he took it back quickly and held it firmly. He sent me a look that said you can do this. I only looked at the ground and focused on Yoseob's support.
 
The whole day was like that and there wasn't many that talked to me directly. Many just gossiped to each other and asked me what it was about. We were the top news of the day; Yoseob and _____ are an item!
 
During lunch break, Yoseob and I were eating together, but it was so hard just to enjoy what I was doing. I never felt so uncomfortable in public in my life.
 
Just as I was about to take my first bite, an angry figure stormed up to our table. "The whole school finds out that you and Yoseob arrived to school together and were holding hands before I even hear a peep of it?!" Luna exclaimed. I felt bad and saw this coming. She must've felt so betrayed as my best friend. "I'm sorry. You were one of the first people I wanted to tell, promise, but I couldn't get ahold of you." I explained as Sungjong leisurely strolled up behind her.
 
"Hey, you're finally together are you? That's great!" Sungjong said to Yoseob, grinning and patting him on the back. Yoseob just looked annoyed by the action. "So it's true? You two are an Item now?" I was asked which I answered yes to. "Hmm..." Luna eyed Yoseob with hostility. "W-what?" An evil smile spread across her face. "Interrogation time." Yoseob, who had no idea what she was talking about, was confused, but I face-palmed. "Luna, you don't have to do that with every boyfriend I get." She just took a seat and sat in a position that meant authority. 
 
"First question, what is _____'s favourite flower?" 
 
He looked lost. "U-uh, tulips?"'
 
"Wrong! The correct answer is daisies. What is her favourite colour?" 
 
"I don't know...blue?" 
 
"Wrong! She likes red. What are her favourite instruments to play?"
 
"Piano...?"
 
"That's only one instrument!"
 
"I don't know what else!"
 
"Fail! She also enjoys playing the harp and violin."
 
"What is this even for?"
 
"Second round! What would you do if _____ suddenly became sick?"
 
"Give her medicine."

"Not good enough. You see _____ with another guy and he's flirting with her. What is your reaction?"
 
"I'd beat him up."
 
I face-palmed again. It was such an Yoseob-like answer. 
 
"No! _____ dislikes violence. Tsk, wow you are so not worthy of my perfect best friend. Those were all basic questions!" 
 
"So what? I'm sure that Minwoo didn't even get those right either!"
 
"Actually," I in to their argument, "Minwoo got her full approval." He looked a little shocked, but decided quickly that a test like that shouldn't matter. "Well, that doesn't matter to me. A bunch of pointless questions are not the deciding factor on whether I get your approval or not." I gave him a look, but he just shrugged. "Fine, since you are important to _____, I guess it would be important to her that you would approve of me." Yoseob sighed and looked at Luna seriously. "Because I don't really understand all of this relationship stuff, I won't be able to answer your 'investigative' questions right, but I'll work on it. The only thing I'm sure of right now is how I feel and I love her with my whole being. I want to be with her all of the time and I'm not even sure if I should because I definitely don't deserve it, but nothing will keep me away from her unless she wants it so everyone else can go to hell." 
 
Luna paused for a moment after he was done then stepped back, clearing . "Well, I guess that's good enough for now. I guess I can give you my approval." He smirked, obviously asking to be hit. "Don't look at me like that Yang Yoseob because I swear to god if you do anything to my precious best friend I will—"
 
"Yeah, yeah, I got it, you'll be on my . Get in line." She glared at him. "Sorry, what I mean is, I know that already because I'm first in that line, okay?" He was still eyed, but luckily, Luna and Sungjong were on their way out. "We'll see you later, _____." Luna smiled and gave a small wave. "Good job again, Yoseob! Don't screw it up, now!" Sungjong waved happily, but my boyfriend growled at him. 
 
I sighed, disapproving of Yoseob's hostile behaviour. "Why can't you just be nice? You're nice to me. Mostly." He just waved it off like no big deal. "Everyone else is annoying. You don't annoy me...as much." "Yah!" "I'm kidding, just kidding. You don't annoy me at all." I smiled right away at the sweetness, but then something came to mind.
 
"You know, it's really great how our love is based off of. 'You don't annoy me! I love you!'" I rolled my eyes and we laughed together. 
 
 
 
Yoseob and I walked to my last class together which was advanced instrumental. I was still uncomfortable being the centre of negative attention, but I was encouraged by my loving boyfriend and I gained strength. 
 
We walked down the hall holding hands and walked into the classroom. It captured a few eyes immediately and suddenly I was wretched away from Yoseob. Minhyuk was holding onto my arms protectively with the others three standing their ground beside him.
 
"What's your deal?! Don't manhandle her like that!" Yoseob snarled, the most mad I've seen him in a while. "Manhandle? Please, you're more of the danger." Yonghwa snapped. It only made him madder and I knew it. I saw his hands ball up and he strode up toward us. "Why don't you mind your own business? She's my girlfriend." Before anything else could happen, I came in between them. "Yoseob, you guys, stop. Don't fight, okay?" I pleaded. 
 
"Oh, don't tell me that the rumours are true. Are you actually dating this dope?" Jonghyun asked. "Yes, I am. He's my boyfriend now, okay? So just leave him alone." I said and Yoseob smiled triumphantly. "Don't look so smug." Minhyuk said.
 
Just then the teacher came in and it was time for class to begin. 
 
"I'll see you after class, okay, _____." Yoseob softened when he looked at me then glared at the four other guys. "And get your hands off of her." I was free of everyone's grasp. 
 
Yoseob left the classroom peacefully, but the others seemed to be mad at me. "How could you go back to him after he did to you! Are you crazy?" Jungshin exclaimed, but I just shrugged. I didn't bother explaining myself. 
 
I don't think there is anyone who actually approved of our relationship that we didn't have to fight for first.
 
Sighing, I went to get my violin from the back room.