Girl Talk

The Warrior Ice Prince

The Warrior Ice Prince 

 
Chapter 62 : Girl Talk
 
Yoseob's POV:
 
She just...left? 
That's all? Just a thank you?
Has she already moved on that quickly?
Yoseob could only stand there, dumbfounded.
He audibly cleared his throat and also turned the other direction and walked away.
He was just so...unused to it.
Especially after those last couple of days of school before the winter break when _____ was bugging him almost 24/7.
He scowled in remembrance.
It was so annoying.
On second thought, good riddance.
 
Your POV:
 
"Shouldn't your little boyfriend be walking you home?" Luna teased.
She wouldn't leave me alone about it.
"He has dance practice. They've been practising a lot in the past week."
"Oh yeah, because you got them that new camera thingy right?"
"Ne and the air conditioner. Now they can dance without dying in the heat." 
"So tell me how you two happened."
I explained everything that had happened when there used to be practice between Yoseob and I and what he told me when I asked him to come to dinner with us after the show and lastly, I told her about that last week of school before the break.
"He actually said all of that stuff to you?" Her voice was full of hurt for me.
"Yeah. It hurt a lot, but that's when Minwoo came and he made me feel better." I was very grateful for him. 
I didn't know how I would've went through anything without him.
"You know I thought that he actually liked you too, but I guess I was wrong..." She trailed off.
"I think Minwoo is a thousand times better anyway. He really cares for you a lot."
"Who cares for my Noona a lot?" Minwoo walked toward us in his school uniform with his backpack slung over his shoulder.
He opened his arms for a hug which I happily went into.
"You of course." 
"Aww, so cute~" Luna smiled our way.
I was feeling much better now that he was here. 
Now I didn't have to hold onto that journal so much.
"Don't you have dance practice?" I asked as I walked in between my best friend and boyfriend.
"It was moved because they're fixing one of the speakers." Minwoo explained.
"So I thought that maybe you were still at school and I should go visit you."
"Aww~" Luna cooed.
I just looked at her.
"What? It's cute okay!" 
The three of us hung out at my house and Luna felt, as my bestest friend, she must interrogate Minwoo.
"If _____ wasn't feeling well, how would you react?" 
"I would ask her if she was all right then I would try my best to make her feel better." Minwoo answered.
He wasn't annoyed or anything by the questions.
He found them amusing.
"Correct! Next question...you have a pair of earrings, flowers and a necklace, which one would you give to _____ as a gift?" 
"All three." Minwoo smiled.
"Okay, _____! I give up. He's perfect. He got one hundred percent on every question." Luna threw her hands up.
"You've got my approval."
He smiled and laughed lightly.
"Now that that's over, I can sit with my girlfriend now right?" Minwoo asked, his arms wide open.
I automatically bounced up and went into them.
As I snuggled into his embrace, he buried his nose in my hair.
"Don't you have homework to do?" I asked.
"Yeah...but I can do it after dance practice. I'll have lots of time for it." He assured.
"You should do it now."
"But I want to spend time with you~" He cutely pouted.
Luna couldn't help but squeal.
"I really want a boyfriend now." She said enviously.
"Ask Sungjong then." I said.
She blushed the moment I said his name.
"Andwae! I can't." 
We talked and joked with each other for a couple of hours before I caught Minwoo glancing at his watch more then a few times.
"Why do you keep checking the time?" I asked curiously.
"I need to go to practice. I'm already half an hour late." He said honestly.
"Half an hour?! Why didn't you say anything? You should go." I said.
"But...."
"Come on! Don't keep them waiting!" I pushed him to the door.
"I'll call you later, okay? Don't forget to do your homework!" I kissed his cheek and closed the door on him.
"You're so mean." Luna said.
"And he just can't get enough of you."
"But that's okay, now that you have gotten rid of him, we can really talk. Girl talk."
"Girl talk about what?" I asked smiling and returning to my seat.
"Like how you're doing after seeing that Ice Prince again."
I didn't want to talk about this.
"I heard all of those rumours. Do you really have a book called 101 Reason Why I Love You that was handmade by Minwoo?"
I nodded and pulled it out for her to see.
"Oh my god...this is just so sw-Anyway, I heard that you were reading a lot. Was Yoseob bothering you a lot? Did you see him today?" She flipped through the book.
I sighed and nodded.
I hated how much Yoseob bothered me.
"I felt like I needed to at least hold the book to make me feel better. I read the book to distract myself." I confessed.
Luna suddenly turned solemn.
"You really liked him didn't you?"
"Yeah. I think I-I still do." It hurt to choke out those words.
She gave my hand a friendly squeeze.
"If you're ever troubled by him, don't hesitate to call me, okay? We'll talk when you need to."
I unconsciously let a tear fall.
I sniffled once and quickly wiped it away.
"You're a great friend, Luna." I smiled despite how I felt.
"I'm your best friend, of course I am." She smiled back.
 
Minwoo's POV:
 
Minwoo burst into the practice room right in the middle of a song his friends were dancing to.
Five heads turned to look toward him and Donghyun hurriedly shut off the music.
"Where were you? It's been almost an hour!" He asked.
Minwoo sheepishly rubbed the back to him neck.
"Sorry, I was with _____ noona and lost track of time."
"We don't have a lot of time left you know. Our audition is just after Valentine's day!"
"I'm sorry, Hyungs, I'm here now so lets practice." 
They all gave him looks as he got into place.
Donghyun turned the music back on and they got into dancing.
 
A few hours later, Minwoo was wiping up his sweat and sitting beside the air conditioner.
He was immensely relived by it's coolness.
Everyone else had already left and gone home for the night, but Minwoo wanted to rest for a bit before heading home.
He was still panting lightly.
He worked extra hard today to make up for his late arrival.
When he finally felt like he was ready to go, he shut everything off and cleaned up a little before leaving.
After he got home and took a shower, he collapsed into his bed, feeling it pull on him.
His lamp dimly lit up his room and cast shadows.
On his desk was his homework.
He was too tired to do it, but it was due the next day.
He sighed, regretting not doing it earlier and got up.
He pulled the work down to him and opened his textbook to the right page.
Fortunately, it was easy, but he still didn't finish until late that night.
He glanced wearily at the clock.
It was almost four in the morning and he almost fell asleep many times while finishing up his math homework.
He was going to pay for the hours of sleep he lost at school in the morning.
Finally he completed it all and climbed under the covers.
He almost fell asleep the moment he closed his eyes.

I promise more Ice Prince will come later~