Giving Back

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
(Beast - Lightless) Random song today haha ;p
 
Chapter 43 : Giving Back
 
Your POV: 
 
I was temporarily released of my mental world, by Mir's voice.
He had returned home.
"Good to see you awake." He said as he slipped his shoes off and came into the kitchen.
"Good morning." I joked lightly and smiled.
"You want to tell me what was bothering you now?" 
I shook my head.
"I was just tired. I couldn't sleep for some reason, but I was really tired." I said.
"I feel better now."
"Well that's good to hear. Now we only have the problem of wrecking your sleeping schedule. Tomorrow's already Sunday." He laughed lightly.
My smile slipped slightly. 
We.
"It's okay, I have it covered. Don't worry about it." 
"Hmm, what should we do to make you tired..." Mir thoughtfully tapped his chin.
"I said I'll take care of it."
"Maybe I could some of my special tea...that always knocked out who ever drank it..."
"Oppa."
"Or you could take sleeping pills..."
"OPPA."
"Maybe you should do both."
"OPPA!"
I finally get his attention after yelling at him.
"You don't need to do anything. Just relax, araso?" I said.
I realized that I had only eaten half of the food the was on my plate.
It had gone cold long ago.
Not one to waste food, I quickly stuffed it all down and put the dish away.
"I'll be in my room if you need me." I dash up the stairs.
I tried to think of ways to get myself to fall asleep.
I lied on my bed with my eyes closed.
My thoughts drifted over to Yoseob.
"I guess I have to stay out of his way..." I say out loud.
But Minwoo wouldn't have to suffer more then he already has.
That was good.
My thoughts became more and more complicated and suddenly I was in my lonely meadow once again.
The elements raged against me and I didn't need to worry about trying to sleep.
I exhausted myself and my body naturally shut itself down.
Unfortunately, my sufferings also accompanied me to dreamland.
 
I woke up the next day, not feeling well from sleeping so much.
I didn't let that get me down, because I was planning to start giving back to the people who gave me so much starting with Luna.
I called her and she wasn't busy with a certain someone for once.
"So tell me, where exactly did you guys go Friday night?" I ask, smirking.
"No where..." Luna said shyly.
"Oh come on! Spill, girl." 
"You can't tell anyone, okay?" Luna said in a hushed voice.
I nodded.
"We usually go to this abandoned observatory twenty minutes away from my house by car. We always go to look at the stars and moon and other planets. Did you know you could see other planets with out a telescope? Venus looks just like all of the other stars, but it's ten times brighter." She smiles.
"Someone's been listening to Sungjong teacher a lot~" I tease.
Luna blushes and becomes shy again.
"What about you and Yoseob?" She wiggles her eyebrows.
My heart started to ache, but I kept my smile.
"There's nothing exciting. Enough of him. We're here to help you make Sungjong fall in love with you!" 
"W-Well not exactly love..."
"Yes. I think he likes you already...maybe you should ask him out!" 
"A-Andwae! I couldn't possibly..."
"He spends, like, everyday, ALL day with you and he willingly teaches you about astrology. It's so obvious." I pish.
She squeals.
"He's just so cute." Luna cooed.
I just smiled.
For the rest of the afternoon, we talked about her problems instead of mine.
Every time she started to go into the subject of one of my problems, I quickly turned it around.
I ended up helping her with a lot of things, most of it had to do with Sungjong.
All of the talk of him made me sort of miss his company.
We didn't see each other at school anymore and I only saw him because I was with Luna.
I wouldn't be surprised if he came up to take Luna away right now.
For now, though, I guess it was best that we stayed away from each other.
Maybe one day we could meet up and hang out again like we used to.
"It's been so long since we talked like this." Luna said.
"Yeah, it's nice." I smile and hug my mug close to my body.
We sit in silence, but it doesn't last long.
"Let's go clothes shopping." I say, suddenly coming up with an idea.
"I don't have a lot of money to spend." Luna frowns apologetically.
"It's on me. Let's go buy you an outfit Sungjong will love."
"What?!" Her eyes go wide.
Downing the rest of my coffee, I grab her hand and pull her out of the cafe.
Roaming the streets of Seoul, we go into various stores and eventually ensemble a pretty outfit.
A pair of shoes, accessories, a head band and a cute midnight blue dress dotted with reflective little sequins later, I send Luna home to change before going to meet Sungjong.
"Bye! Don't forget to flip your hair a lot!" I call and wave happily.
"_____!" She squeaked.
The bus already closed it doors and was on it's way.
I took my seat and smiled, happy to be giving back to the people who gave me so much.
It wasn't too long before a dark cloud took over and consumed all content I had.
 
That night, I told Mir that I would make dinner.
He had offered to help, but I just pushed him out of the kitchen.
He already cooked all day. I wondered if he ever got tired of it.
It took me a while because there was just me, but when I finally finished, I got Mir to taste before going to wash the pots and pans.
"It's really good. You're improving a lot." Mir smiled and gave me two thumbs.
Satisfied with his answer, I turned to leave.
"Why don't you eat first?" 
"No, I can eat after. I don't want everything to harden and make cleaning even harder."
In the middle of scrubbing down a ladle, Mir comes from behind me for a back hug.
"Are you done eating already?" I ask in surprise.
"What's with you, hm? What's gotten you acting like this all of the sudden?" He asks affectionately. 
"I just want to help out a little more, I'll be on my own eventually." 
"You're a good girl, you know that? I don't want you to have worry about it until then."
"I'm okay, Oppa. You always do so much for me, I want to do this."
"Aigoo. Fine, just for tonight. Come eat first, okay?" He's already turning off the tap and pulling off my rubber gloves.
I ended up enjoying a nice dinner made by myself with my favourite brother.