Invited

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
(G.NA ft. Jay Park - Green Light & Wonder Girls - Hey Boy)
 
Chapter 59 : Invited
 
Your POV:
 
Christmas day, the three of us woke up at around noon.
We had breakfast, then Mir and I dropped Minwoo off at his house.
Once we arrived back home, Mir played with his cooking tools again.
I simply went upstairs and picked up the envelope containing the two tickets to the SHINee fanmeet.
I was so excited, it was in just a few days.
I wondered who I should invite to go with me.
Luna was on vacation, so I couldn't ask her.
Mir definitely didn't want to come...there wasn't anyone who would want to accompany me.
Dismally, I put the envelope back into it's original spot.
Sitting on my bed, I took out my phone and started texting some of my other friends from school and wishing them a Merry Christmas.
When I turned it on though, I found that most of my contact list had already done so.
After thirty minutes, I became bored when I finished the last of the replies.
It was Christmas Day and there was nothing to do.
 
To Mir Oppa~:
 
Oppa, I'm bored. ;I
 
To Me: 
 
Why don't you just come downstairs and talk to me, silly. 
 
To Mir Oppa~:
 
I'm too lazy to get up...let's go out and do something~ Bbuing Bbuing~
 
To Me: 
 
Mianhae. I need to go to work soon. My boss called and said they needed some extra help.
 
I didn't reply.
Instead I pondered about what to do by myself when I suddenly had an idea.
 
To Mir Oppa~:
 
Can I come? I want to watch you work.
 
To Me: 
 
I think it would be okay. Get ready then, we'll leave in about thirty-five minutes.
 
It wasn't too long before we headed out.
Mir started working in that restaurant when he was still in high school.
I used to visit him a lot when he first started, but I was in middle school at that time and there wasn't anything for me to do, so I caused complications for others that worked there.
Young and bored. 
Now that I was older, I think it would be okay for me to go again.
I thought it would be good for work experience too.
I wanted to get a job, maybe in the New Year, and start earning a little bit of my own money.
We parked in the employee's section of the parking lot and went through the back door.
When we got inside, I couldn't believe all of the changes that were made.
The back rooms that used to be drab and dirty were now painted with a dark midnight colour and lit up with stylish white wall lights.
The floor had been carpeted and looked soft and cosy and all of the doors had a sign on each them decorated in the same way as their logo.
As Mir changed into his chef uniform, I proceeded into the kitchen which was filled with other chefs cooking delicious smelling food.
Everything was silvery and looked new and very professional.
There was new everything. New appliances, new uniforms, new floors, new walls...it just went on.
And it was all surprisingly clean.
"Excuse me." A guy holding a big silver bowl of salad shoved passed me in his haste.
I decided it was enough looking around for now and I went back to where Mir was changing.
I thought he looked cute in his white hat and white chef's jacket.
"You can say hi to everybody then sit at the bar. But ABSOLUTELY NO DRINKING. I can only see you if you're sitting there and you're not in the way." Mir said.
"Okay."
We entered the kitchen again and I stayed close to him to avoid bumping into people.
"Ahh, Mir. You're here. I'm glad you could help us out. It has been busy since lunch!" A beefy older man said to my brother.
I remembered him as his boss.
"You remembered my sister right?" 
Boss-man peered behind Mir to where I was kind of hiding.
I had called him Boss-man during my youth.
"Annyeonghaseyo, it's nice to see you again." I bowed.
"Oh, yes. I remember you. Running around and bugging all of your oppas and eonnis while they were cooking." He chuckled.
"I haven't seen you since then! How many years has it been? 5? 6? My, that was so long ago."
"Ne, I was causing problems so I didn't come anymore." I said with an apologetic tone.
"No need to be sorry! It's all in the past. What brings you here after all of this time?" 
"Oh, nothing really. I wanted to watch Mir at work again and I wanted to spend Christmas with him, but he got called here, so I'm here too." I said.
"Ahh, I see. Well, Mir you better get started. I think you're needed at the grills. Go ahead and say hi to everyone first though." Boss-man dismissed us and I followed Mir around the kitchen to meet everyone again.
Most of them were the same people who had worked when I visited last so we exchanged greetings and had some small talk.
I met the newer cooks and they were all friendly and looked up to their sunbae, Mir.
I didn't take more then a minute or two with each of them before I was shoved out.
I went to go sit on a bar stool like Mir told me to and watched him through the little one-foot slot they used to pass food through to the waiters to give to the guests.
"Well, well, isn't it the sister of Mir. I haven't seen you since you were little." The bartender came up to me with a white towel slung over his shoulder.
"Forgive me, but I don't remember who you are." 
"You don't remember your oppa?!" He pretended to be extremely disappointed.
He pouted.
"It's Joonyong oppa~" 
"Oh!" I remembered suddenly.
"Joonyong oppa. Ne, I remember you."
 
 
He whistled.
"You used to be so small, now you grew up and turned into a goddess."
"No hitting on my sister, Joonyong! Do you want me to kill you?!" Mir called from his spot from the grill.
His back was facing us and it was quite noisy.
He must have super hearing.
"Aigoo, protective as ever. I just wanted to flirt a little...you're no fun." 
"Get someone you're own age." 
Joonyong turned and stuck his tongue out at him.
I didn't remember exactly how old he was, but he had to be at least twenty five. 
"What would you like to drink? You should be old enough to drink now, right?"
"No! She's nineteen. She's only allowed water." Mir called again.
Joonyong frowned.
"Party pooper." He muttered.
I laughed lightly at his comment.
"Do you want some water then?"
I nodded.
He got it for me and placed it on the long counter in front of me.
"But water is so boring." He whined.
"Joonyong oppa, you're still the same as always." I sipped the chilled liquid.
"Wouldn't be me if I wasn't me." He winked.
We talked and caught up with each other, but every five minutes or so, he would have to go help a customer.
As time grew nearer to dinnertime, the place became more and more busy.
Soon, the bar was filled with strangers and Joonyong barely had any time to talk with me
"Sorry, _____, if all of these people weren't here, we could talk for real...or maybe something more..." He smiled mischievously.
"Hey, Joonyong."
"Yeah-" He turned to the voice only to be held by at the collar.
"You remember that very nice set of knives? Shiny...and new...and sharp?" Mir said.
"Shouldn't you be working?" Joonyong crossed his arms.
Mir scowled.
"I'm depending on you to keep _____ away from any drunk bastards." With that he went away.
"Your brother is both admirable and annoying." Joonyong sighed as he went to go help another customer.
"It's been over forty-five minutes! We haven't even been asked for our order!" I heard an angry customer yell out.
Someone should be getting on that...I thought.
"What? Can't make it? I'm sorry that your little friend is sick. It's no problem. I can find someone. Make sure she gets better and come back soon, okay? Okay. Bye." Boss-man was nearby and talking on the phone.
"What's wrong?" I asked him.
He frustratingly ran a hand through his hair.
"The restaurant is busier then ever and one of my waitresses can't make it. Staff is pretty much at one hundred percent too..."
"Wait!" He suddenly brightened up.
"You can take orders, right? It'll only be for tonight and I'll pay you." Boss-man said in a rush.
"W-what? M-me? I don't think I could-"
"Please? We'll lose customers if we continue like this." He begged.
"W-well, uh...."
"Great! I'll give you what you need." He hurried away and came back with a black waitress apron, a couple of pens and a memo pad.
I tied the apron around my waist and took the rest.
Boss-man did a five minute walk through of what to do and then sent me off with a 'Fighting!'.
I looked around the busy place not sure where to start, when the same table that had that angry customer called me.
"Oh, um, yes? What would you like to order?" I asked awkwardly.
"Finally. What horrible service..." The customer proceeded in giving me his order while I jotted it down in haste.
"I'm extremely sorry about the wait. It's really busy and was supposed to be here visiting my brother, but now I'm filling in for someone. I hope you can understand." I bowed and hurry off to the next table.
After filling orders for one third of the restaurant, I decided that doing that was easy enough.
The hard part was remembering what orders went to what tables.
Each visit to a new table I would apologise on behalf of the restaurant and for my amateur job, but the customers didn't seem any less upset.
I messed up more then a few times then I would have liked, but I was just glad I didn't trip with someone's food or spill anything on anyone or anything more embarrassing then bringing the wrong food to the wrong table.
Finally, the dinner rush was over. 
It was still very busy, but I could slow down a little bit.
After a couple hours more, the waitress that was supposed to be working instead of me arrived.
"I'm sorry, Ajusshi. I can work for the rest of the night." 
"Ah, you're finally here, Hyewon-ah. I had _____ here cover for you." Boss-man gestured to me who was taking a short break.
I blinked at the girl standing a few feet away.
She was familiar.
"Hey, aren't you Mir's sister? I met you when I went to go drop off Mir's wallet a while ago."
"Oh, yes!" 
"Thanking for doing my job for me while I was away."
"It was no problem."
I gave her back her things and she thanked me again.
"You did a really good job, _____. For a rookie." Boss-man said.
"I think I messed up too much." I disagreed.
"Nonsense! You did wonderful. I'm thankful that you helped me out. Let's look at what I owe you for your efforts." We walked over the the cash register where he calculated my earnings.
"Okay, this is what you earned." He handed me a big pile of cash.
"And this is your tips." He handed me a smaller, but still a lot, pile of money.
"Wow, this is so much...did I really earn this all?" I asked, while counting it all.
There was at least a hundred dollars in the pile of money I earned alone.
"Yes, but I thought that maybe the tips would not be that good because of how busy it was, but I guess you've done something to change their minds." He smiled.
I guess my constant apologising was worth it after all.
"Thank you." I bowed.
"No, thank you. It would have been disastrous without you." 
"Mir-ah! You can go home now. I think we can handle things from here." Boss-man said.
Mir came drying his hands on a towel.
"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then." Mir said.
"Where did you get all that money?" Mir pointed to the money in my hands.
"I helped out a little because Hyewon-sshi couldn't make it." I explained.
"You didn't know?" 
He shook his head.
"She was a great help so I gave her what she earned." Boss-man said.
"I'll go change now." Mir turned to the direction of the change rooms.
"W-wait a second! Mir!" Hyewon scribbled down an order and hurried over to us.
"I, uh, wanted to invite you and _____ to a New Year's party. All of our co-workers will be there...so, I was, uh, hoping you could come." Hyewon shyly asked Mir.
"Huh? Oh, sure. That's nice of you to invite us, Hyewon." 
"That's great!" Hyewon smiled brightly.
"It's a formal party so wear formal clothing and you can bring one guest, if you'd like."
I snorted to myself thinking of Mir's 'smart' fashion again.
"Okay. I'll give you my phone number so you can text me the location." Mir pulled out his phone.
"Chinchan?! I mean, uh, yeah, here." They exchanged cellphones and programmed each other's numbers into them.
"Okay, here. See ya tomorrow, Hyewon." He saluted.
"Bye~" Hyewon waved happily with a big smile on her face.
"How can you not see that Hyewon eonni has a crush on you?" I can't help but question my brother.
"She's always like that. It's just how she is." 
"Probably only to you. Because she likes you~ I mean, did you even see the way she reacted when you told her that you were giving her your number?" I asked.
"You're over-reacting. She's just a friend. Of course we would get along, we are the same age." Mir just drove like it was nothing.
"It's so obvious. Just wait. She'll confess to you and then I'll be right." I promise.
"Tsk, anyway, how much did you earn?" 
I counted my money again.
"Almost two hundred dollars." 
"Two hundred?! I don't even earn that much! Not in one day! Boss-nim really has a soft spot for girls..." 
"Or maybe he just likes me better then you." I blink at him innocently.
Mir takes a second to stick his tongue out at me.
We both laughed good-naturedly because we don't like to argue and because we loved each other.
"Now...first things first, you ARE NOT wearing your Pororo pajamas to the party...or anything other then FORMAL wear, got it?" 
"Aww, man...you're too much..." Mir frowned.

Hey!
Surprise update for you~
Just that much closer to the return of the Ice Prince!
Enjoy~
^^