Quick Recovery

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
(FT Island - Even Your Tears & Infinite - 1/3) Click into new tab~

Chapter 16 : Quick Recovery
 
Your POV:
 
Yesterday, when Mir and I arrived home, I was surprised to find Yoseob at my doorstep.
He scolded me because I hadn't told him that I wasn't going to attend school that day.
I felt guilty and apologized to him in a quiet voice.
Was it the concern in his voice that made me freeze when he asked if anything was wrong?
Then I remembered what he had asked me and ignored his question, stepping inside and closing the door behind me.
I cried silently leaning on the door.
I wanted to be held, wanted to feel a strong comforting figure beside me.
I didn't want to feel sad anymore and I really didn't want to make the people around me feel bad either.
I turned and faced the front door and opened it, somewhat hoping to find Yoseob still there.
The porch was empty.
I felt like going to Mir who was probably cooking dinner for us like he always does.
I brushed away a stray tear and went to my room where I planned to be by myself for the rest of the day.
As much as I wanted to jump into Mir's arms, I couldn't keep making him the one to take care of my problems. I had to do it.
I napped and napped again doing absolutely nothing in the dark.
Mentally, I was crying out for company, someone, anyone really.
As if answering my unspoken call, Mir gently made a space between the door and the wall.
Already feeling his warm presence when he took a seat beside me, I hadn't realized how cold I was.
I snuggled up against his side drinking in his warmth and accepting his comfort this time.
Mir relaxed, as if he was stiff and tense all day which I could guess he was.
"Dinner's done." He whispered into my hair.
I felt better knowing that he was there, but I also felt bad. He was helping me get over my grief when he still had his own to deal with.
I squeezed my eyes shut when I felt like crying again.
I was definitely tired of that.
"Oppa, I love you." I heard myself say in a rusty unused voice.
He kissed my forehead lightly.
"I'll always be here for you. I'll always protect you." 
I wanted to smile, but there was no change in my facial expression.
I sighed, despite feeling better. Tomorrow it would be fake smiles and pretending to be happy all day.
Again, I tried to get over the fact that my parents were gone and were never going to return.
No such luck.
In the morning, I brushed my long silky hair and felt the strands between my fingers.
Practicing to be cheerful, smiling.
It was time to get to school.
Mir had offered to drive me on his way to work, but I refused.
I felt like taking my sweet little time walking in silence before getting to the noise filled school.
I breathed deeply and entered the property.
"Oh, hey! _____!" Someone called.
"This is the work you missed from yesterday." The girl handed me a couple of pieces of paper.
"Thanks!" I fake smiled at her, the one I had practiced carefully.
"I'll see you later!" I said and waved.
Next a group of guys from a theatre class I was sharing with them came up to me.
"Hey, _____, I didn't see you yesterday in class. You feeling okay?" One asked. 
"Yup, just a little tummy ache." I said with another fake smile.
"Oh well, I'm glad your better. Do ya want to go for coffee at lunch?" He rubbed the back of his neck.
"I'd love to, but I have to make up for all of the work I missed yesterday." I made up an excuse which was mostly true.
"Or you can skip all of that and hang out with me." A different guy detached himself from the group and put a bold arm around my shoulders.
He matched it with a cocky smile.
He was the school's...lets just say...player.
I knew him well though, he was always trying to get me to go on a date with him.
I just pushed him away with a smirk.
"Yeah, I think I'm up for it." I teased.
"Why, you think you can handle this?" Another cocky smile.
"Bring it."
I was face to face with him.
I even taunted him by running my hand up his chest and pulling his collar, making him come even closer to me.
"Kiss her!" The other guys chanted.
Puckering and leaning in, I felt his arms wrapping themselves around my waist.
Just as he was about to have our lips touch, I kneed him in the stomach---to be nice.
He doubled over and held onto his tummy.
"Later, boys." I smirked.
As I walked away I heard the rest of them whooping and laughing at the player who tried to kiss me.
"One fine girl, I like my women feisty." He was still clutching his middle, but smiled.
"Don't get your hopes up now." 
I laughed. That guy just didn't know when to give up.
I continued to walk away, my smile already fading.
Until Sungjong came running up to me.
He didn't say anything and just hugged me very tightly.
"_____-ah, you weren't at school yesterday and I was very worried and I missed you!" He said.
"Well, I'm here and I'm fine." I said.
"You can tell me anything all right? If you ever need to cry you can lean on my shoulder. I don't want you to be sad okay?" 
Sad? What are you talking about? I guess Yoseob told Sungjong about my attitude and how I was looking yesterday, I thought.
"I'm fine." I repeated.
He gave me a doubtful look, but it only lasted a second.
"Today, I'm going to take you to dinner, okay? No buts! And be ready by 7! Oh and wear something pretty!" He smiled and started walking away, waving.
"Yah!" I called him back, but he was already gone.
I sighed and made my way to class.
The day went by normally for most part. Usually I would chat with other people from my classes, but it seemed that today my voice was being used a lot more.
I met some new people who apparently knew me and talked with them too.
It was to the point I wanted to find a corner and stay there in silence.
At lunch, I tried to avoid people, wanting to enjoy the lunch box Mir had made for me in peace and quiet.
I went to my regular spot where I would eat lunch and sat on the grass.
Usually Luna would be beside me and telling about anything and everything, but she never came.
I was okay with it, of course. I knew she probably had something important to do so I ate by myself.
I lied on the grass until next class.
I stayed quiet and to myself unless someone talked to me. 
I hoped that I sounded normal and completely okay.
After school I was early to practice and started warming up my voice.
When Yoseob arrived he looked surprised to see that I was there before he was.
"Hey." He greeted.
It was weird, usually he wouldn't say a just a normal hello.
"Hey." I echoed.
I went back to warming up my voice when I realized he was staring at me.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Yesterday..." Yoseob started without removing his gaze.
"Were you crying? I mean. You feel okay, right?"
"I was rubbing my eyes a lot yesterday because of my cold, I'm fine." I looked away.
I actually expected some smart remark to leave his perfect lips, but I was surprised when he said something completely different.
"Don't lie to me." 
I looked at him again.
He caught my eyes making me shiver slightly.
I thought he was kidding, but I could only see seriousness in his eyes.
"What do you mean?" I asked wondering what he was talking about.
"You weren't sick yesterday." He stated simply.
For a second I panicked. I remembered that I hadn't told him anything and calmed down.
He had no idea of what yesterday was.
I stood up fake upset that he thought I was lying.
"What are you saying? You should know I wouldn't miss school for any other reason." I snapped hoping for him to just blow it off and get to practicing.
Then he did another unexpected thing.
His eyes that still held mine, softened and he hugged me.
It was really warm.
I stiffened, not understanding what was going on.
"Don't lie to me. I'm sorry about your parents." He gently my hair.
My eyes widened. How did he know about my parents?
I felt myself crying. "Shh." Yoseob said comforting me with his presence. 
I freely sobbed into his chest and he didn't seem to mind.
"You should know that I understand you more then anyone else. You don't have to lie to me about something like that." He said softly.
I had forgotten. Yoseob had never even met his parents and always lived the life of an orphan. And I knew how that felt like.
A while later, I didn't know how I got there, but I was sitting on Yoseob's lap, his arms still wrapped around me and I was hiccuping.
I hated to admit it, but I liked being where I was.
It was comfortable. Very comfortable.
"I think we can skip practice today." He said.
"Or maybe we should meet up later?" 
I shook my head remembering what Sungjong said.
"I'm going with Sungjong for dinner." I said. My voice was croaky.
"Date?" He asked in amusement.
"Aish, no. At least...I think it's not." I said truthfully.
I was tired after crying.
"Okay, but tomorrow we are going to practice for double the time." 
"Fine..." I yawned and hiccuped again.
"Sleep." 
"Forget it...I'd rather sleep on the floor..." My eyelids were very heavy.
I tried getting up, but he just held me tighter.
"I'll wake you up later." Yoseob insisted.
"Over my dead bo..." I drifted away from the conscious world.
 
Sungjong's POV:
 
Sungjong watched though the window in the door.
He watched the whole thing. All of it since just after Yoseob arrived.
Sungjong could see _____ trying to act normal like she did with him, but I could tell that she was struggling.
When Yoseob hugged _____ with a tender understanding, he couldn't help but feel jealous.
Sungjong shook his head. 
Snap out of it, everything is going very smoothly. This is not what you are supposed to be doing. This is not your fate, don't get in the way, he told himself sternly.
He focused again and continued to watch quietly.
His heart broke when _____ started to cry, but swallowed the feeling back.
She cried for the longest time, but Sungjong didn't mind. Neither did Yoseob.
He could faintly hear their conversation through the crack in the door.
Yoseob said something about skipping or moving their practice to later. 
It made Sungjong worry for a second. _____ wouldn't skip out on our dinner right?
"I'm going with Sungjong to dinner." He heard her say.
Sungjong sighed in relief and blushed slightly at their next two comments.
"Date?" Yoseob asked.
"Aish, no. At least...I think it's not." _____ said after him.
_____ fell asleep sitting on Yoseob's lap.
It was his cue.
The door opened slowly by itself and he walked in.
"Come on now, it's my turn. Let me have a chance, too." He half teased Yoseob.
"She's yours, I just felt bad because of her parents since we both lack those."He answered back, acting cool.
Still not admitting it?
"Your loss. And my win of course." Sungjong said.
"Unless you lose her to the kid." Yoseob smirked.
"I won't lose to Minwoo, I'm completely sure about that." 
It's someone else I need to be worried about...
Sungjong crouched there and started at the couple.
"What?" Yoseob asked.
"You look so comfortable with _____ there. You change your mind? Not gonna hand her over to me now are you?" Sungjong smiled.
Yoseob, almost reluctantly, removed his arms from around her tiny body.
"There, take her. She's heavy anyway." 
Sungjong scooped her up bridal style and gave Yoseob one last Are You Sure? expression.
"Dude, do you want her or not? I can call Minwoo and I know he'll be happy to take her from me. Hurry up and take your girlfriend." 
"Fine." Sungjong shrugged.
He walked out and blissfully took _____ home.
He walked all the way there on purpose. These moments were so few he had to take advantage of them while they were there.
His arms didn't get tired, of course, so he could enjoy the walk with his beautiful _____ without anything bothering him.
For now.

Your POV:
 
I woke up and stretched without opening my eyes.
I was in my bed and was slowly remembering things.
Wait. Wasn't I at school? Asleep---Ew, on Yoseob. Why am I in bed?
"Awake my little princess?" A male voice said.
I opened my eyes to find Sungjong sitting comfortably on my bed.
"Sungjongie, wasn't I at school? And what are you doing here?" I asked confused.
"I brought you to your house and Mir hyung let me stay here---as long as I left the door open." He smiled sheepishly.
I made a face and sat up.
"Why didn't you go home?" I rubbed my eyes lightly.
"Don't you remember? We still have our date." Sungjong looked a little disappointed that I didn't remember.
"Oh, right." My face flushed.
"So it really is a date?" 
"If you're not comfortable with it, then it's fine." He looked away from me.
"No! No, it's fine. We can go right now, but you'll have to wait for me to get ready." 
"Is it really okay? I don't want to make you do something you don't want to."
"I promise. Anyway I haven't had any time with you for a while." 
"Okay, I'll wait for you in the living room." 
Sungjong got up and left looking really happy.
I sat there for a few seconds then opened my closet door.
I wondered about what I should wear.
Something nice and fancy? Something a little more casual?
I opened my bedroom door enough to stick out my head.
"Sungjong!" I called.
"Yes?" He appeared from the kitchen.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"It's a secret." He winked.
"But I don't know what to wear!" I whined and retreated back inside.
There was a knock.
"Wear something pretty. Your prettiest clothes to fit your pretty looks."Sungjong cooed from the other side of the length of wood.
"I don't know what pretty enough. You pick something for me." I let him in.
He went into my closet and pulled out a variety of outfits.
He finally chose a short dress that I wore to my junior prom. It was a soft creamy white and had soft fabric, but a little bit too revealing for my tastes now.
"This one?" I asked hoping he would pick something else.
"Yup, this is perfect." With that he left me to change.
I put it on and looked in the mirror.
I had grown since I last put it on so it was even more snug then before.
I decided to wear it since it was what Sungjong wanted.
I finished getting ready about ten minutes later and shyly inched my way into the living room.
Sungjong was facing the opposite direction.
"How is it?" I asked.
He turned around and his eyes widened.
"Beautiful."
Mir came in.
"_____-ah you look very pretty. Are you leaving now?" Mir kissed my forehead.
"Yeah." 
"Okay, come back home soon, all right? And have fun." He ruffled my hair.
"Ne." 
I took Sungjong's hand and followed him to his car.
Before backing out of the driveway, we waved to Mir who was standing in the doorway.
 
Mir's POV:
 
Mir watched them leave.
He was very happy, almost ecstatic.
He pulled out his cell phone and sent a text to two people.
 
'Yoseob and Sungjong, I'm not sure what you did, but you have made _____ happy again in a matter of hours. Thank you.'
 
He also added something extra for Sungjong.
 
'And if ANYTHING happens to my baby girl your dead.'
 
Mir smiled as he sent the text.
He really couldn't explain how happy he was.
Whatever you guys have done thank you. Finally _____ is starting to recover.
Mir grabbed his car keys and went to work, his sunny mood lasting the whole day.

Okay, yeah, BORING. 
I'm sorry, but it is all necessary for the rest of the story.
I've planned out the rest of this FF and divided it into chapters and so far it goes as far as.....46?!
Please be patient for the next chapters as I am trying to update as frequently as possible!
Thank you to those who has stuck with me & my co-author for all of this time~
'Til the next chapter! ^^
Annyeong~!
P.S. Thank you to new sub :) ILY ♥ LOL Thanks for reading~
- SarahChi1023 
 
YO! Chapter 16 already!!
FINALLY! Took to long... but that partly my fault, because I forgot all about it XD
I hope you guise are still reading!
SarahChi1023 and I are trying hard to upload since we have a ton of homework and all of this harder on SarahChi1023 since she is getting forgetful and stuff... So yeah!
We will try our hardest to upload and stuff because we can C:<
DON'T FORGET WE HAVE A LIFE TOO!!! Saranghae you guise~
- Captainmai
 
I DIDN'T FORGET ABOUT IT I WAS BUSY! *Mutters* Captainmai babo... :) I love you~
- SarahChi1023