Christmas Shopping With Minwoo's 'Girlfriend'

The Warrior Ice Prince

The Warrior Ice Prince

 
Chapter 51 : Christmas Shopping With Minwoo's 'Girlfriend'
 
Your POV:
 
Mir, busy with work, was at the restaurant he worked at for most of the day.
Since the holidays were coming up, many people were reuniting with family and going out for meals with them and such.
Luna was also busy with family...and Sungjong and I hadn't contacted her since school went out for the break.
Usually I would be bored to death without either of them, but this year, I didn't care at all.
Minwoo was by my side almost 24/7.
One evening, I was sitting comfortably with Minwoo on the couch and watching some Christmas-themed shows.
It was peacefully quiet until he decided to ask me a question.
"Noona, can I ask you something?"
"Mmhm." 
"Are you still sad?" 
I knew what he was talking about.
Yoseob.
At first, I would talk to no one and do nothing, but now I was almost like my old self.
I went out shopping or for walks with Minwoo and I talked comfortably.
I knew he had been waiting a long time so he could ask me this.
I was a little bit tense still, but I answered like I would a normal question.
"Not really."
"Do you like me coming everyday to come to see you?"
"Yes."
"Do you think you have...moved on...from...him?"
 He asked carefully.
I didn't answer this time.
I had to think about it first.
He seemed to understand that I couldn't answer right away and didn't say anything more.
So I thought about it.
Now that Minwoo was here, he made me feel better and not constantly think about the guy who coldly rejected me.
He nursed my broken heart back to health and used his time to distract me.
I still had feelings for Yoseob, but it didn't really hurt anymore.
You could say I moved on.
Yes, I think I have moved on.
"Yes." I answer again.
"Really?!" He asked with surprise.
"Yes."
He calmed down and rested his head back down on the couch cushion.
"That's good. He's not worth thinking about or being sad over. I'm glad."
Somehow it made me feel lighter after thinking and saying it out loud that was over him already.
Somehow it made me feel heavier at the same time.
It was hardly noticeable in contrast to the lightness I felt so I just pushed it down and ignored it.
"What do you want to do tomorrow?" Minwoo asked after a while.
I pondered about it for a while.
"Christmas is soon. I need to go buy presents for everyone." 
"Araso. We can go shopping. I can buy you a new winter jacket. You need a new one."
"Why do I need a new one? The one I have is perfectly fine." I giggle.
"I'm using that as an excuse to buy you another one." Minwoo confessed, smiling sweetly.
"Aigoo, let's just shop for presents, okay?"
"I make no promises!" 
"Yah, No Minwoo!" I lightly hit his chest.
He just stuck out his tongue.
"Merong!"
We laughed together.
"Only get me a Christmas present, araso?" I held out my pinky to him.
"Fine. Only a Christmas present." He laced his pinky with mine sealing his promise.
 
Minwoo and I are bundled up and warm as we walked the streets of Seoul.
It had snowed that morning, so a thin layer of fluffy snowflakes blanketed the ground.
There were decorated Christmas trees displayed in the windows of various shops and people wearing red and green.
Winter was one of my favourite seasons and Christmas was one of my favourite holidays.
I could always get into the feeling of the season and I always like the warm feelings that everyone gave off during this time.
I also liked Spring because everything started to grow again after a cold winter.
It felt like the whole world was starting over again and the flowers were always the most beautiful during that time.
The Summer sun felt really warming on my skin too.
Autumn also just had something about it that I liked.
I guess I liked all seasons.
"Aww, Noona, look at this! It's so cute." Minwoo stopped at a display window, leaning over and pointing at something.
I went back to him and discovered a pair of silver necklaces.
One was a girl dressed in red and green and the other was a boy also in Christmas colours.
"It'd be a cute present. Maybe I should buy it for Luna and Sungjong!" 
"Or...I could buy it for us..." Minwoo shyly said.
"I'm going in to get it, 'kay? I'll be quick." He quickly darted inside.
"Wait! Minwoo! Christmas presents only!" I followed him, but he was already at the counter, the worker handing him the two necklaces in a small, pretty paper bag.
I saw the employee glance at me and smile.
"You have a very pretty girlfriend. Merry Christmas to you both and I wish the best of luck to your relationship!" He said.
I flushed at the misunderstanding.
"I-I...w-we aren't-"
"Thanks. Merry Christmas to you too." Minwoo bowed slightly.
"Why didn't you tell him I wasn't your girlfriend?" I asked Minwoo once we were out of the store.
He just shrugged.
"Not like we'll see him again."
I huffed.
Minwoo laughed and soon I laughed too.
As it became later in the day, the streets were becoming more and more busy with life.
People worked their way through the crowds and chattered amongst each other.
It was refreshing to be surrounded by lots of people again, but the number of people was steadily increasing.
"Oops! I'm sorry! Excuse me!" 
It had gotten so much that I really had to push past some people and squeeze in between them.
Minwoo had no trouble moving through the sea of bodies.
Soon I lost sight of him and tried to catch up, but ending up bumping into someone in my haste.
"I'm so sorry. I should have been watching where I was going." I bowed ninety degrees before bobbing back up to see that the person I bumped into was some sleazy older guy.
"Ah, it's no problem. So what's a cutie like you doing out all by yourself?" He winked and made me shiver with repulsion.
"How about I take you to a bar with me, hmm? You're old enough to drink aren't you?" He grabbed my wrist and pulled me close to him so that our bodies were touching.
"Let me go, please. I need to catch up with somebody." I said, a little bit afraid.
"Aww, but we haven't even had any fun yet." The older guy's smile that was probably supposed to look charming looked cheap and over-used.
"Let her go, she doesn't want to go or do anything with you."
My head turned at the voice.
Minwoo was standing behind me.
He must've noticed that I wasn't by him and came back for me.
I sighed in relief.
"And who are you? Her boyfriend?" He asked boredly.
"Why yes and I would very much appreciate if you would stop hitting on my girl."
"Oh yeah? And what is someone as puny as yourself going to do about it?" He tugged on my wrist again.
"Well, I guess I have no choice but to get her back myself then if you can't hand her back nicely." 
Minwoo stepped up to the taller, older and stronger male.
"No!" I pushed him back.
With my free hand I grabbed onto Minwoo's hand.
"Don't, okay?" I ask quietly, but firmly.
Minwoo still glared at him, but held his spot.
Turning back to the other guy, I batted my eyelids.
"Fine, I'll go with you. Let's have lots of fun, Oppa." I sugar-coated my words and topped it with aegyo.
"What?!" Minwoo exclaimed with disbelief.
The older guy blinked twice and smiled in triumph and with his guard down, I swiftly tugged back my hand.
Once I was free, Minwoo pulled me into him and hugged me close for protection.
I was eager to be in his embrace once again.
"Tip, it's better if you don't smile." I told him shivering again.
"And Don't. Touch. My. Girl." Minwoo growled at the dazed man.
With that he led me away until we were out of his sight.
"What were you thinking?! I thought you were actually going to go with him! What if something happened to you?" Minwoo chided.
"I'm sorry, I didn't know what else to do." I pouted.
"It's okay, just warn me or something next time." He mumbled.
Minwoo still was hugging me tightly to him and I tried to pull away but he held on tight.
"Nuh uh, you have to stay close to me." Minwoo said.
I blushed at the thought of him planning to keep me that close for the whole shopping trip.
I didn't know why.
It's not like I haven't been this close to him before.
I shrugged it off and continued on hunting for the most perfect Christmas gifts.

LOL Kinda awkward writing and listening to Christmas songs in May.