The Audition

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince



Chapter 78 : The Audition
 

 

Minwoo's POV:

 
 
Minwoo had come from the bus stop and was walking to his girlfriend's house with the gifts that he bought for her.
 
He had a red rose and a box of chocolate. 
 
Since he was still sort of low on money, it was all he could afford if he still wanted to do something on White Day.
 
He was a little upset that he couldn't get her anything better, but it would have to do.
 
He could only hope that she would like it.
 
As he came up to _____'s house, he saw a car parked on the side. 
 
It was a car he didn't usually see so he wondered who could be there.
 
Curiously, he peeked from a hedge, his eyes widening at who he saw.
 
Yoseob was standing at the middle of the driveway and _____ was holding out something.
 
He studied him, and the twinkle in his eyes were unmistakably happy.
 
Valentine's Day chocolate, he realised.
 
"Well, uh, bye. Again." He faintly heard her say as she moved backwards to the house.
 
His heart cringed and contorted in his body as he watched his rival take his girlfriend in a hug that definitely meant more then a simple thank you.
 
Minwoo stayed frozen in his spot, even though he wanted to tear him away from her.
 
It took forever, but Yoseob finally let go, leaning toward her in what looked like a peck on the cheek.
 
It was painful to watch and the expression on his face as he walked to his car was one that was filled with affection.
 
He should know. He was in love with that girl as well.
 
It was also the first time he had ever seen him smile.
 
Minwoo was still standing there long after he left, trying to take in what he witnessed.
 
Eventually, he remembered the presents that he was holding and placed them on the doorstep.
 
After ringing the doorbell, he ran away because _____ wasn't supposed to see him yet and because the damage from what he watched was still fresh.
 
He decided to just forget about it for now and distract his brain with dancing which he was late for.
 
 
 
Your POV:
 
 
 
After I hurriedly took refuge in my home, I shut the door and tried to cool down my hot face.
 
I was so warm, too hot after that and it was only a hug.
 
A long one which made me stupid because I just stood there.
 
Ugh, why does that stupid Ice Prince have to do this to me? All I did was give him a stupid bag of stupid chocolate.
 
Everything that happened in the past five minutes was overbearing. 
 
I needed to go lie down. Yeah, that sounded good.
 
I ripped off my jacket and pulled off my scarf that was making me even hotter and jumped onto the couch.
 
Smiling, I tossed and turned, I even started laughing to myself because I was so happy.
 
All he did was accept the chocolate I made...then hugged me! 
 
It just felt so warm and comforting and it was just far too short.
 
Maybe one day I would get the courage to hug him too.
 
DING DONG~
 
I stopped my self-celebration and looked to see if there was anyone outside the window, but I couldn't see far enough.
 
Getting up, I went to the door and opened it to find nobody.
 
"Hello?" I called out.
 
I furrowed my eyebrows then saw a heart-shaped box with a single rose on top of it.
 
After picking it up, I looked left and right just in case I saw the person who put them there.
 
Not seeing anyone, I went inside and examined the gifts.
 
The card on the box was addressed to me so I tore it away from it.
 
On the inside wrote:
 
 
 
Noona! 
 
 
I'm not ready to see you yet, but I'm happy to say that I'm doing better in school and going everyday! I'm going to my audition tomorrow so wish me luck~ 
Since it was Valentine's Day, I thought that I should get you these. Eat ALL of the chocolate okay? I love you, noona.
 
 
Minnie
 
 
 
Looking upon what Minwoo had written for me, it made me feel bad. It made me feel guilty.
 
Just minutes ago, I was on the couch happy that another guy hugged me.
 
What was I doing? I have a boyfriend! One that loves me a lot and that just made it all the more worse.
 
Minwoo was my boyfriend. I shouldn't be thinking of other guys when I'm already in a relationship.
 
It was cheating...wasn't it?
 
It felt like it if it was or not.
 
I hadn't even thought of Minwoo at all. 
 
I'm a horrible girlfriend. I can't think about Yoseob or anything that happened today.
 
Minwoo was thoughtful of me even though we've been away from each other for a while.
 
He used his money to buy me presents on a day when I'm supposed to give something to him.
 
Shaking my head and beating myself up mentally, I distractedly went up stairs to my room and locked the door behind me.
 
 
 
Minwoo's POV:
 
 
 
He was shaking the nerves away while he stood in line with his friends.
 
Papers were stuck to their chests, all with the number 188 on it along with the words 'JYP Entertainment'.
 
There were many people there waiting in the hallway with them with their own numbers.
 
Male, Female. Child, teenage, adult. All with their own talents and looks that were moderate to handsome or pretty.
 
He remembered seeing a girl that had to be about five years old going for the same audition as he was.
 
Right now, numbers 150 to 175 were in the auditorium and his group was going next.
 
Minwoo heard from some nice people who have already gone say that the room was huge, as big as a movie theatre.
 
There were rows and rows of black velvet seats with a wooden stage.
 
He overheard that there were four judges, including J.Y. Park and two camera men to record each audition.
 
The day before, they had practised for three hours then called it quits early so that they could all get a good night's sleep.
 
The audition was in the late afternoon so they did relaxing things like going to eat or going to the arcade before going to JYP Headquarters.
 
He wasn't normally a nervous person, but it was so hard not to be especially when the door was just feet away.
 
He kept thinking about how this audition could be what changes his life which didn't help much either.
 
It was just a matter of time before they called
 
"Numbers 176 to 200 please." The speaker in the ceiling called in a monotone voice.
 
Minwoo, along with many others gulped and formed a line to go inside.
 
"If you have brought music, please bring it to your left with your audition number on it. After, please take a seat at the very end." A man instructed, gesturing to both locations.
 
Donghyun, who had the CD, brought it while the rest of them went to go get a seat.
 
They climbed the stairs all the way to the farthest row and sat down.
 
After examining the place, he realised that it was exactly as the other people described.
 
The stage was large and right in front of it was the judges table.
 
He saw them all from the behind. Two were women, two were men and one was J.Y Park.
 
Donghyun came and sat with them and once everyone was done giving their music to the DJ, they settled near them, totally and completely silent.
 
"We'll start the auditions now." One of the female judges said into her microphone. "Could number 176 please come up?"
 
A girl that looked fourteen stood in her leotard and black tulle skirt, gracefully walking down to the stage.
 
She was magnificent, danced with strong, but soft movements.
 
He wouldn't be surprised if she was asked to become a trainee.
 
Many more people went that were full of talent. 
 
One guy sang acapella, another did a solo dance, and the two other groups that were in their audition group went up as well.
 
"Thank you. Please exit to your left." The same lady said the the person in stage.
 
She bowed and quickly went off.
 
"Number 188, please."
 
Minwoo breathed in and out as he stood. 
 
The six of them walked to the stage and got ready.
 
Just before passing the curtain and going into the spot light, the leader held them all back.
 
"Now, no matter what happens, just remember how hard we've worked. Make a mistake, make it part of the dance. Let's do this, hm?" 
 
"Fighting!" They whispered and wished each other good luck.
 
Without wasting anymore time, they all got into place.
 
Minwoo hung his head and closed his eyes, breathing deeply to calm his racing heart. 
 
All he thought about was doing well and not to mess up. 
 
"You may start."
 
And just like that, the music started to play and Minwoo rocketed his head up and snapped his eyes open.