Unrequited Love

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
(SHINee - Quasimodo)
 
Chapter 40 : Unrequited Love
 
Your POV: 
 
"Y-you..." 
Minwoo's eyes stared into mine firmly, but they weren't hard.
"H-how long have you...felt...this way?" I asked.
"When I first laid my eyes on you." Minwoo said honestly.
And I had been clueless all of this time?
How could I have been so ignorant and naive?
"And you truly feel this way?"
He nods with absolute certainty.
The thought of No Minwoo, my cute friend, loved me ever since we first met, was almost overwhelming.
But in a way, it did make sense. 
Minwoo had always treated me so well and always spent his time with me...
"Minwoo..." I say, not sure how to continue.
"Please...tell me that you l-love me too." He trips over the word 'love' and looks to me with eyes that longed.
It broke my heart.
My gaze told him everything, or I think it did because his eyes lost it's light and the hope on his face faded.
"Minwoo...I...I'm sorry...I don't feel the same way..." 
"Is it because there's someone else?" He asked.
I hesitated in telling him, but eventually, I nodded.
"Who is it? I know Sungjong hyung has feelings for you. But...it's Yoseob isn't it?" His eyes turn hard at the mention of his name.
He didn't need me to tell him that he was right.
"I don't understand. Why him and not me?" Minwoo's grief-filled eyes pierced right through me.
I don't answer, not exactly sure myself.
"He mistreats you, he doesn't respect you, you're always telling me how annoying he is, how you can't even have a normal conversation with him..."
My voice finally speaks. It's small and quiet, but it does come out clear.
"I don't know. I'm trying to...understand it myself. I, I just...I don't know..." 
Minwoo deep in thought, stares at the cement.
"He will hurt you." 
"You deserve so much better...I could treat you like a queen and love you forever, but him...he'll break your heart, you know that don't you?" 
I gulp, fully aware of what I was getting myself into.
I give a stiff nod.
"Then, please, _____, if you go to him, you will only hurt yourself. If you be my girlfriend I would never ever do anything to harm you or hurt you in any shape or form. Save yourself, save me." 
I couldn't look at him any longer.
There was so much heartbreak and false hope written in every piece of his body.
I wished I didn't have deal with this.
"I'm sorry, I can't. I really like Y-Yoseob, I don't know why and I don't know how, but I do. Going after a lost cause may hurt me, but I can't be with someone I don't love."
There was pain. Only pain.
"Is this really your final decision?"
I nodded.
He looks downward in complete heartbreak.
"Okay." He small voice squeaks out.
Turning around he walks away.
I just stand there at the door until the dark of the night devours his body, my tear-filled eyes blurring the world.
 
Minwoo's POV: 
 
"I did it...I finally did it..." He says, even though there are no ears to hear him.
I just didn't think it would end this way...
As he sat on cold sidewalk, he shut his eyes tightly to stop the tears.
It was to no effect.
Little droplets slid down his cheeks, down to his chin where they dripped off and met the cement with a splat.
His heart hurt so much.
He gripped the fabric of his shirt and the skin over his heart so tightly that it probably would bruise.
Not that he cared.
Nothing had or would hurt as much as his heartbreak.
Sobs escaped his mouth and he hated himself because of it.
The only thing he was thankful about, was keeping himself from crying in front of his beloved _____ noona.
He was so sure....so, so sure.
He wanted to confess how he felt to _____ that day.
He had thought everything he had done until then had won over his noona's heart, but...it hadn't.
It was all an illusion. Wishful thinking.
How could he have thought he could possibly have his noona for himself as his girlfriend.
I should have know from the start. All of the signs were there, clues left in the most obvious places.
It was just the way she fought with him, talked to him, looked at him.
Especially that night.
The song was clear with the message she was trying to tell Yoseob.
You could tell with the looks and the gazes she gave him.
They were filled with love.
The love he wished was his.
He had never looked a female's way until he met Park _____.
She was his dream girl.
Her smiling face flashed through his mind.
He cried out in pain.
The beautiful smile that once brought him to his knees in happiness, just brought him excruciating pain.
He never had a chance, he realised.
_____ was years older and no matter how much he tried to make her believe he was a man, nothing could cover up the .
She's beautiful and smart and talented and such a kind hearted soul.
He didn't deserve her.
He knew that now. He wasn't good enough for her.
But Yoseob was even worse.
It outraged him that there was nothing he could do to change her mind.
He was too late.
It hurt too much to think, so he didn't.
Instead, he drowned out everyone and everything with his noisy cries.
It echoed upon the empty street.
If anyone was there to hear him, they would only feel Minwoo's undying despair.

I'm updating because I feel terrible.
Everything I had been writing today is horrible and boring.
I hope it's temporary and I can't at least write decently.
So look out for badly written, boring chapters!
Yay....