Give Me A Chance

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

 
Chapter 52 : Give Me A Chance
 
Your POV:
 
When we arrived back home, Minwoo insisted that he carry all of the bags in.
I giggled as I watched him try to balance everything.
"Aigoo, pabo! Just give me half of it!" I held out my hand with a smile.
"Andwae! I can do it." Minwoo said, the exertion clear in his voice.
He managed to get into the house without a lot of problems, but he was on the verge of collapsing.
Chuckling, I slowly took each bag and package one by one and placed them on the floor.
As the last one was taken, Minwoo fell onto the floor with a small thud.
"It was too much for me to carry." Minwoo innocently looked up at me.
I laughed.
We organized all of the items we bought, careful not to show each other what we had bought for one another.
We wrapped and tied up all of the gifts with pretty Christmas-themed paper and bow ties in all sizes, colours and shapes and designs.
There was a mountain of presents sitting in the living room when we finished.
Even though Minwoo promised to only buy one Christmas present for me, somehow I ending up getting all kinds of new things.
He said that I could open everything he bought me early so they were all up in my room waiting for me.
When Minwoo took out the small little paper bag, only then I remembered that he had bought those matching necklaces.
He took them both out and reached around my neck to fasten the chain.
His face was uncomfortably close to mine, but when he smiled and pulled back, I felt okay again.
He slipped the other necklace around his neck.
"Are you really going to wear that?" I ask, picking up my pendant and twirling it between my fingers.
"Why? You don't want me to?" Minwoo pouted.
"I just mean...it's not what guys usually wear...won't it be embarrassing if you wear it?"
He just shook his head, with an 'Of Course Not' expression.
"But these-" I hold up my Christmas girl pendant again and examine it.
"-Are for couples."
"About that..." I look up at Minwoo again.
"You know how I told those guys that we were together?"
"Mmhmm." I nod, oblivious to where he was going with this.
"The couple necklaces too...I want you to..."
He paused.
"Please give me a chance." He finally said.
"At...us...? Being together...?" 
"Ne, I really think I can make you happy. I mean, I am already aren't I?"
"Yes, but-" 
But...but what?
Suddenly I'm flooded with emotions that only confuse me because they are all coming at me at once.
It's so much that I start getting headaches and the room starts spinning.
I grip the chair I was sitting in to stay steady.
"Minwoo, I don't know." I say uneasily.
"You said you were over him now, didn't you? I can make you happy." He pleads.
That's the thing though. I might not be over him at all.
"It isn't fair. Won't you at least give me a chance?" 
There is another round of flooded emotions.
I hold my head hoping that it would somehow stop the dizziness, the pounding on my brain.
"Minwoo, I want you to do something for me." I manage to choke out.
"What is it?" I can only hear his voice and not see the words come out of his mouth when my eyes are so tightly shut.
"I want you to leave." I say.
"I want you to leave and I don't want you to come tomorrow like you usually do either."
Through the limited vision I had, I could see Minwoo's face fall.
I could almost see his heart drop too.
"But," I continue.
"I want you to come the day after tomorrow and then I can know if I'm ready to give you a chance. If I can give you a chance."
I was sure that his reaction wasn't going to be a good one.
I was expecting anything but what he does next.
"Okay, Noona. I'll be going then. Make sure to lock the door when I leave and I'll see you in one day." 
I see his figure stand and gather all of his things.
After organizing everything we bought, he didn't have much to carry with him.
I sat there nicely with my hands folded in my lap, but my head hung low, my hair concealing my face.
He walked past me and in thirty seconds I hear the front door open and close.
That's when I let out my breathy cry.
My vision now blurred with warm and salty droplets, my shoulders shake.
With my next broken breath, I whisper to myself:
"Why do I still love him?"