Doctor Minwoo On House Call, Speciality: Love Sickness

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
(TaeTiSeo/Taetiseo/Girls' Generation-TTS - Love Sick)
 
Chapter 50 : Doctor Minwoo On House Call, Speciality: Love Sickness
 
Your POV:
 
The heart ache.
So familiar, yet so different.
Those mornings when I woke up and instantly felt the dread. The anguish. The feelings of loss.
This time, though, I woke up and felt like I couldn't breathe.
Those mornings when I woke up to the anniversary of our missing parents was absolutely nothing compared to the white hot pain I felt in my chest.
How could someone feel so much pain from just one stupid boy.
One stupid boy who should be nothing to me, someone I shouldn't still have feelings for.
Yet I do. And he still means a lot to me. 
No matter how much I try to stop those feelings, they were planted firmly in every corner on my heart.
I try to remember every drama I've watched, every fanfic I have read, every love story I have ever encountered in my life and thought of what the broken-hearted girls did to make themselves feel better.
I vaguely remember their sloppy appearance, sitting in comfortable clothes at home and eating ice cream.
Might as well give it a try.
So I send Mir out to get some chocolate ice cream and tissue boxes.
He doesn't ask me anything about what happened, but instead just tries to help me whenever he can.
I suspect that Minwoo had carried me home and told him what happened.
Which I was okay with of course, I was just curious about what his reaction was like.
I wonder if he was going to get mad to me or go and try to kill Yoseob for hurting me.
I really hoped it wasn't the second one.
I didn't want anyone to get hurt.
I know I haven't seen a lot, but it was more then enough for this lifetime.
Mir came back with the ice cream and some other things for dinner.
I was already waiting, sitting on the couch mindlessly watching what ever was playing on the TV screen with my spoon ready in my hand.
He brought over a smallish carton and just told me not to eat too fast and not to eat it all.
It was late afternoon and I finished off the whole thing, still in the same spot, still in the same position and still watching TV.
"I'm going to work now." He said reluctantly.
I didn't respond in anyway.
There was some talk at the door, but I was too dazed to be curious.
The door closed shut and I heard Mir's car back out of the driveway and take off.
Minwoo came beside me on the couch.
So that's who Mir was talking to.
"Noona, look at you hair, it's really tangled. Aigoo..."
I didn't greet him and, even though it was extremely rude, I didn't acknowledge his presence at all.
He had a small backpack with him and from inside, he took out a hair brush and started to carefully comb my hair, making sure to hurt me.
"You know you look prettiest when your hair is tidy."
He also got out some skin safe wipes and started rubbing my cheeks and forehead with it.
"Your skin glows the most when it's clean."
Slowly, he took out other things and tended to my outside appearance then fed me food and water.
I ate it all without any complaint or objection and did everything but the container clean.
"You have to eat well or you won't be healthy!" Minwoo said feeding me the last spoonful.
He came everyday and tended to my needs like this and told me little compliments and to take care of myself.
Not once did he tell me to feel better, to forget about the guy who harshly pushed me away. He didn't pressure me in anyway.
And because he did this, I slowly started to return to my normal self.
I hated myself for it, but for that time I leaned myself on him, both mentally and physically, when I said I wouldn't anymore.
I had basically depended on him for everything.
One time, he had stayed overnight because we had both fallen asleep on the couch.
I only realised it when I had awoken and found Minwoo still hugging me with his head hanging forward.
Every time he left, sometimes to go get more food, sometimes to go home for the day and return the next morning, but no matter what he left for, I always wanted him to stay.
I would never ask him to stay though.
When he left, I felt like everything was out of place and that I couldn't do anything without him.
When he came back, everything felt like it was okay again, like I was safe.
Everything just had that groggy, shininess of a dream and everything was just confusing.
Usually he would come about an hour or so before lunch with his little bag and a bright 'Good morning!'.
He would sit beside me on the couch and I would immediately curl up in his open arms.
I didn't really need him to anymore, but he still fed me and brushed my hair for me.
"I can do it myself." I would say
Then he would just shake his head and say, "I'll do it for you."
One time I had tried to argue with him so he would stop treating me like a child, but I learned that he could be a very stubborn person.
There was no point then going any farther than that.
Today would be day number eight since Minwoo had started coming every morning and today, I greeted him.
"Good morning, Noona!" he said in his usual cheerful manner.
"Good morning." I gave him a small smile.
"Look at what I got for you today! It's stir fry with your favourite baby corn!"
"Thanks, Minnie." I said gratefully, like I always did.
"Anything for you. I mean it." He had a serious expression for a second then went back to normal.
"Let's do something different today, hmm? How about we take a shower, then eat, then go somewhere?" 
My first reaction was to object. 
Did I mention I hadn't been out of the house for a week?
Now I have.
"Go where?" I asked, not exactly ready to go out into the outside world yet.
"It's a surprise, but I promise it will make you feel better." Minwoo nodded encouragingly.
"I don't know..." 
"Come on, come on!" He was already pushing me up onto my feet and leading me to my room.
He shoved my baby pink bathrobe into my arms and pushed me into the bathroom.
"Minwoo-"
"Take as long as you like! But not too long of course." 
"But I don't have any clothes to change into!"
"I'll take care of it!"
I sighed.
Without a choice, I hung up my robe and started slipping off my pajama bottoms.
There were Loopy ones. Guess who insisted I get them?
It took me half an hour to finish my shower and I stepped out of the steam-filled room into my bedroom.
I found a neatly folded pile of clothes waiting for me on my bed.
I changed into those and went back to the living room where Minwoo was patiently sitting and watching TV.
This time I got to feed myself, but only because he was drying and brushing my hair.
"Is it good?" 
"Really good." I was famished from the shower.
"Good." He gave me his eye smile.
We finished up at home then walk down to the bus station together.
It was overcast and the air was cold.
When the bus came, I became anxious about being in pubic again.
I instinctively grabbed onto Minwoo's hand.
He looked down at our joined hands in question.
"Ah! I'm sorry. I'll just..." I pulled my hand away, but he held on fast.
He smiled softly.
I smiled shyly and got onto the bus with him.
After a trip into the city and down a few streets we walked into some place with dim lights and a warm feeling to it.
The counter was made out of granite and stone and there was a woman wearing a long white coat.
"Is this a spa?" I asked.
"Yup, relax a lot, okay?" 
Minwoo talked to the woman and nodded towards me.
Then she pulled out two sets of clothes, both gray and Minwoo and I went separate ways to change.
We spent most of the day in the spa getting various treatments together.
I was really glad he had taken me there because it was relaxing and made me feel a lot better
We sat in massage chairs side by side, still holding hands and getting our feet massaged.
I turned my head toward him and smiled.
Smiling back, he gave my hand a small squeeze.
Hmm...
Dr. Minwoo...
...the best and sweetest doctor in the world...
I sighed in content and closed my eyes.
...I like this doctor...

If you haven't already noticed, I usually update every second day or at least try to, but for the next month or so there may be short hiatuses sprinkled about.
Since it's the last month of school, there are exams and the finishings of subjects and projects, it's not even June yet, but I'm already very busy.
I hope you all can understand and still look forward to my updates.
There will not be a hiatus right now, but updates will be delayed.
Sorry for this, but please keep supporting me!
Also.....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHINEE <3
MY BABIES ARE 4 YEARS OLD NOW. AIGOO!
I love you~