Anniversary

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
 
(U-Kiss - Take Me Away & Nam Woohyun - Time) Click into new tab~
 
Chapter 14 : Anniversary
 
Your POV:
 
Right away, the second my eyes opened, I was filled with overwhelming anguish.
Today was the anniversary of my parents disappearance.
The scene replayed in my head. What happened on this day years ago.
I was sobbing. The feelings I felt right then was still just as bad as when it happened.
Mir heard me and came into my room quickly.
He quickly took me into his arms and held me tight. I made it seem like he wasn't even there. 

I didn't stop crying or even start to calm down.
If anything, I started to cry even more. 
"Shh, shh." Mir tried to soothe me. 
I knew he was crying too. 
The brother who always stuck beside me and took care of both of us.
"Come on, stop crying. At least just enough to get ready to go. Okay?" He pleaded.
I tried my best to do what he asked and tried to cry silently.
I disappeared into the my bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror.
Tears were effortlessly free-falling down my face.
I had only been awake for minutes and I already had bags under my eyes and they were puffy and red.
I washed my face hoping to look decent enough and changed into a short black dress that had long sleeves and a sort of turtle neck collar.
I matched up the dress with black stockings and leather high heel boots.
I pretty much brought a whole box of tissues with me because my tears were like an unending cascading waterfall.
I silently came out and met Mir in the living room who was also wearing black.
I tried to be strong. 
This has been happening every year since they have been gone.
And Mir has had to put up with it every single time.
While we were driving, I was thinking of how much a burden I was to Mir.
He sustains us financially, gives all of his attention to me when I'm sick and always just thinks of me first, making sure that I am comfortable and happy.
I wondered how hard it is for him to handle things.
I looked at him.
He stared straight ahead and drove casually.
He was calm, patient, cool and how a big brother should be, especially when he has a sister like me.
I appreciated him a lot.
I think that I really would be nothing without him.
Unfortually, I was too caught up with my own feelings and sadness to acknowledge it.
 
Mir's POV:
 
Already once _____ wakes up...
Mir quickly rushed into _____'s room.
She was bawling still in her bed.
It crushed his heart to see her like this.
He did everything he could to comfort her by hugging her and saying soothing things to her.
He pleaded to her to stop crying a little bit so she could get dressed.
_____ got up and went into the washroom.
Mir sighed. Every year it went like this.
On this day there was no comforting her or making her feel better.
In the car, _____ would constantly wipe away tears and clean her running nose.
She cried silently.
He tried to stay strong. 
As much as he wanted to hold her in his arms, it wouldn't make her less sad.
Because of this, he wanted to cry in frustration himself.
He glared at the road fighting back all of his urges and drove.
To the place where he, his sister and his parents once all lived together.
The place where his parents were last seen.
Where he was left without parents when he was young where he had to care for his little sister and himself on his own.
I tear started to escape Mir's eye.
He quickly wiped it away.
_____'s sadness was infectionous and I could feel my own consuming me as well.
 
Your POV:
 
An hour later, we arrived in front of our old home.
It still looked the same.
The door's pine green paint scratched from when Mir ran into it with his bike when he was smaller.
The window on the second floor there was our names pernamently written onto it.
It looked a bit dusty, but otherwise it was still the same.
Mir took out his key and carefully unlocked the door.
We stepped into the stale-air filled house. 
All of the furniture was covered in white sheets and there were some spider webs in corners.
I followed Mir into a room on the first floor where we had sort of built a shrine. 
I gently placed the flowers we had got on the way here in front of the picture of our parents.
Seeing it made my heart hurt.
I sat on my knees and started praying. 
I prayed for the usual things. Hoping that they were still out there and come back to us.
Also what I usually did was tell them things that had happened that past year as if they were listening.
My troubles and happy moments. 
I told them about university and how Luna was doing and how I met Sungjong and Yoseob and Minwoo.
Sungjong was a really great friend, even though I thought he was weird because he liked the night.
Minwoo was a really sweet kid and I don't know what I would do without him.
As for Yoseob...I wasn't very sure. He is so distant and loves to tease me, but then I guess we do have those genuine moments.
Though they are few and far between.
I don't understand him at all and...actually, I don't know how I feel about him at all.
He is extremely annoying and somehow he can repay for all of that in just a snap.
Once he complements me, all of his past button-pushing incidents die away.
I confessed this mentally, to me and my parents.
It had surprised me what I had thought.
For the tiniest bit of time, I had forgotten about what day it was, where I was, what I was doing.
For a millisecond, I wanted to feel Yoseob's strong arms around me again, like back when we were on vacation.
I wanted to know how it would be like if Yoseob and I had real relationship were we can laugh together and have real conversations.
But, it lasted only a millisecond and was gone like it had been erased from my mind. 
I stood up and walked out of the room.
 
Mir's POV:
 
_____ stayed inside that room for a long time. 
Mir had left quite a while ago and started dusting the place.
He kept glancing back at the door, worrying about her.
When she finally came out she went to the washroom to clean her face again.
Her eyes were terribly red and puffy and she was constantly sniffling.
Mir felt so helpless. He knew he couldn't do anything to make her feel better.
Once she came back out to the living room, she wordlessly started to help clean up. 
The way she touched the things in the room, he could tell that memories were running though her mind.
Some of them he knew of and all of them happy, but they only brought her into an even sadder state.
Mir wondered what he should do.
He was getting weary of seeing _____ like that.
Every year she is like this and usually he very patient, but for some reason he was getting an irritating itch.
Every year it gets harder and harder to just stand by and watch.
He bit his tongue to suppress those feelings. 
Forget it, he told himself, you know you can't do anything about it until she gets over it herself.
Mir mentally fought with himself while cleaning.
He was so caught up in his own thoughts, when he looked over to _____ again, he saw that she had fallen asleep on the couch.
He softened and all of his bad thoughts disappeared. 
Quietly, he put down his cleaning supplies and picked her up.
He took her to her old bedroom.
He arranged she and himself in a way where _____ was sitting in Mir's lap and resting her head lightly on his chest.
Mir protectively wrapped his arms around his sister's body and closed his eyes.
He would protect her from any danger or anything that would hurt her. 
I'll never let you go.