Being Away From You

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
Chapter 72 : Being Away From You
 
Minwoo's POV:
 

When Minwoo got home, he went straight up to his room and slammed the door shut behind him even though it was late.

He hadn't gone home right away and instead went to go see Misty and Seashell who nuzzled his palms and listened to his rants.

He did feel better after being alone with them for a while, but the anger he felt for his so called friends built right back up the closer and closer he got to home.

Why couldn't they just understand? Think of him for once and how he felt about _____.

Sighing tiredly, he shook his head to stop himself from thinking about it further.

Instead, he went to find his first aid kit and tended to his cuts and bruises.

Once he finished, he glanced over to his desk and saw his unfinished homework from today, yesterday, the day before...

Minwoo was far too frustrated and exhausted to even think about doing it, even less doing it all.

He wouldn't be going to school tomorrow anyway.

He had decided that since there was no point anyway. He didn't pay attention in class and he didn't need to see some certain people.

At that point, at that moment, he didn't care about anything except for his beloved girlfriend.

 

In the morning, I called Minwoo. One, to check on him and two, to ask if he wanted me to walk him to school again.

"It's okay, Noona. I'm going with the hyungs today." He lied smoothly.

"Really? That's great! I'm so glad that your going with them." You beamed, believing him without a doubt.

"Yeah..." He said, then continued. "I'll text you later, I need to get ready."

"Okay. Study well! Annyeong~" I smiled and hung up.

I gleefully readied myself for school as well and was greeted with a delicious smelling breakfast. 

"Morning, Oppa!"

"Good morning to you too, _____-ah." Mir chuckled at my enthusiasm. 

"Someone's happy today."

I just smiled, chewing a big bite of egg and just nodded.

 

Minwoo sighed guiltily. He hated lying to _____.

It was also a lot harder then he thought it would be, but what was done was done.

Honestly, he hasn't been awake before the call came— he didn't bother setting his alarm— he planned on going right back to sleep, but now he was wide awake.

Sitting up, he hung his legs off the side of his bed, yawning and scratching his head.

Since there was no going back to sleep, he wondered what he would do for the rest of the day while _____ was at school.

There wasn't much to do besides do his homework.

He tried thinking of something else to do other then that but ended up finally getting started on it because he knew that _____ would get mad if he didn't do it.

At about lunch time, he was itching to _____ and almost got up, put on a jacket and went straight to her university when he remembered that he had wounds that she would see.

If she saw them, she would ask about where they came from and that would just lead to him confessing about what happened at the dance studio.

Drooping, he turned back to his studies and tried to digest that he couldn't see her until he was all healed.

It was lucky he usually got better quickly, but it was still a good few days away.

The next week was going to .

 

Your POV:

 

It was Friday and I was packing up my books.

Stuffing all of my pens and such into one of the pockets, I slung the straps over my shoulder and walked out of the lecture hall with everyone else.

I walked down the hall toward the front gate and pulled out my cellphone.

There were a couple of texts from some friends in another class, but it wasn't what I was looking for.

It was almost shocking that there was nothing from Minwoo.

Usually he'd be asking me about anything and everything.

'Did you eat lunch?'

'How was your morning?'

'Are bored at school without me, Noona?'

He had only texted me once that day and it was a bright and cheerful 'Good Morning!'

Other then that, there wasn't any further communication between the two of us.

Actually, now that I thought about it, I haven't even seen him once the whole week and I have to say that it was strange.

I texted back to the two people and tucked my phone back into my pocket.

I shrugged at the absence of Minwoo, assuming that he was just having too much fun with his friends.

It was a good thing. 

Exactly what I had wanted from the start, but I couldn't help but feel a little bit lonelier.

"Hey. _____." A voice called from behind me.

Turning to see who it is, I find the one and only Ice Prince.

"What to get some coffee?" He asked.

Also, for the past week, Yoseob had been asking me to go for coffee.

I found it odd of him and suspected some ulterior motive so I always said no.

This time, however, I wanted to agree just for the hell of it.

"Fine. Where to?" I answered casually.

He looked at me surprised, but a happy sort of surprised.

"Really? You'll actually come with me today?"

I nodded with all seriousness.

"Well, okay then. My car is over there." He nodded his head toward the east parking lot.

In the car, I sat quietly with my bag and hands folded on my lap, watching the neighbourhood zip past.

For once, I wanted this...outing to be normal, so I acted normal, but Yoseob kept looking at the road then at me and back again as if I had suddenly grown horns.

I caught him one of the times he was looking and blinked.

"What?" I asked, genuinely curious about what was so interesting that he had to keep looking my way.

"Nothing..." Was all he mumbled.

Shaking my head I turned back toward the window.

At the same café we were at last time, we drank our drinks. 

It was even more silent now then during the drive.

I was quite comfortable with the silence and it seemed very...peaceful.

Until Yoseob decided to speak of course.

"Nothing? No complaining? No mean remarks?" He asked while leaning forward as if this were an interrogation.

"I could ask the same for you." I pointed out.

"U-uh. I'm only being like this because you are being like that."

"Really?" I said as if I were really amused.

"Exactly how am I being like?"

"Just..." He began, flustered.

"It's just weird, okay?!" 

Sitting back into his seat he brought his mug to his lips and looked away.

I actually smiled and giggled which earned another weird glance from Yoseob.

His reactions were so funny.

"So uh..." Yoseob started up again.

"Where's...Minwoo?"

Just as he was asking, I was casually looking toward the wall where a old-time styled clock showed the time.

I received his question late and answered only half paying attention.

"Huh? Oh, I don't know. He's been really busy lately so I haven't seen him, but..." My eyes widened as I realised how I let the time just pass.

"Omo! I'll be late for work! Thanks for the coffee, Yoseob. See you Monday!" I was only half done my drink but I had no choice but to leave it.

Before hurrying out, I quickly pulled out my wallet and carelessly threw a five on the table.

 

"Yah..." Yoseob called, but she was already out of earshot.

He watched her leave quickly and fast walk down the street.

Once you were completely gone, he faced forward again and eyed the money on the table.

A slow smile spread on his face.

"Why would you thank me for coffee if you pay for it yourself?" He asked himself.

Yoseob finished his drink and took _____'s money from the table, replacing it with his own.

Tucking it gently into his pocket, he promised to give it back to you later.


Minwoo's POV:

 

At home, Minwoo was sulking. He wanted to see _____ so much, but he couldn't.

He was sooooo close to healing enough so that she wouldn't notice anything.

Throughout the whole week, Minwoo did some housework, did his overdue homework and mostly lazed around.

It was so terribly boring.

On top of that, he was lying to the one he loved most.

He felt so bad and guilty he found it hard to talk to her even if it was just a simple text message.

He hoped that if _____ ever found out about him, she would forgive him.

As for that, he didn't go to school at all and he hadn't talked or seen his friends since they fought. 

It was the longest time they had gone without any kind of communication. 

Minwoo had barely talked to anyone or gone out, period. 

Just a couple times to the store. Maybe once or twice he went to go see Misty and Seashell.

He also didn't dance at all. 

It made him feel like he lost a part of himself. It was his everything.

Or, well, now _____ was his everything, but it still felt awkward and weird.

He couldn't even think about losing her and suddenly his need to see her smile tripled in size.

Finally, he couldn't stand being away anymore and, without thinking about the consequences, pulled on a jacket.

Right away he started toward _____'s house.

School was over a while ago so she wouldn't be there.

The air was cold and the wind was icy, but he kept running only thinking about the ache he had to see her.

Minwoo saw the house she and her older brother shared and his heart leaped in anticipation. 

Excitedly, he ran up the driveway and knocked on the door.

There was no answer.

His smiled faltered. 

Knocking again, harder this time, he awaited the moment that she would open the door.

Except that she wasn't even at home.

Realising that, Minwoo sank down and sat.

He began to sulk again because he didn't even get to see her, even after all of this time and because if she did see him, she would of asked him about his injuries and when she found out where they came from, she would become upset with him. 

Maybe even mad, and that would have been a huge mistake.

Sighing, he picked himself up and began to walk back home wondering if she was in as much agony as he was.

 

Your POV:

 

I burst in through the door panting with a flushed face.

"Sorry I'm late!"

Sunwoong peeked his head out at me and smiled.

"What are you talking about? You're not even late." 

"Oh really? Good then. I'm just going to put my stuff in the back." I said and tried to catch my breath.

Sunwoong chuckled lightly and said okay.

I went into the little room that his umma had set up for piano lessons and waited for my student by warming up with a song.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and Sunwoong's little sister came in.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Songsaengnim! Er, I mean _____ Unnie." She greeted shyly.

I smiled warmly at her, thankful that she remembered to call me that.

"Annyeong Eunji-ah, why don't you come sit down." I patted the half empty bench.

She smiled and ran over cutely.

"Arraso! Let's go over the notes that we learned last time. This one is A and this one is B..." 

 

If only _____ missed Minwoo as much as he missed her. 


 

I updated. 

I'm happy.