Feeling Down? Play The Piano

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
(IU - Secret) <-- I always feel like I'm listening to some Disney song when I listen to IU's songs <3
 
Chapter 67 : Feeling Down? Play The Piano
 
Your POV:
 
I was in such a hurry to get out of there, I almost burned my tongue trying to drink the coffee as fast as I could.
Yoseob was poking and prodding at my mind too much and it gave me a headache.
I really needed a distraction. Right now.
I thought of what to do when I remembered what the boy at the music store said.
"Come play the piano whenever you're feeling down, okay?"
Walking quickly, I followed my memory and made my way back that place.
The bell tinkled again when I opened that door.
I went straight to the same black piano, desperately needing to play and lose myself in it's music.
"Hello, welcome to-Oh, it's you!" The same boy from last time said as he saw me.
I paid him no attention as I uncovered the keys and let my finger tips slide over them.
It was quick to sooth me.
Shutting my eyes peacefully, I began to play whatever my fingers wanted me to.
After two songs, I relaxed, feeling much better and I let my aching hands take a break.
Slowly reopening my eyes, I was almost scared to death seeing the boy sitting close to me on another chair.
"Ah! Omo..." I gasped and held my racing heart.
"S-sorry! I didn't mean to scare you..." He quickly apologised.
"It's okay, I'm okay...I'm sorry I just barged in here and played your piano without asking." 
"I already told you that you can come and play whenever you like. What's on your mind this time?" He asked leaning on the piano.
"Ah...it's just..." Complicated, I finished in my mind.
Uncomfortable, I pressed down on a black key then a white key and then on another black key.
"Your music didn't sound as sad as before, er, well, it sound like a different kind of sad...if that even makes sense."
"How so?" I asked, amused.
"Last time, you music sounded sad-distracted and just now it sounded sad-confused. Ah, that doesn't make sense." He hit himself in the head.
I smiled a little.
"Really? That's oddly accurate. Because I am, I guess, sad and confused." 
"So what happened? Did you see that guy you used to like again?"
I nodded.
"You can tell me what happened if you want to. I wont tell anyone and I won't judge." He promised.
I debated in my head wither or not to trust him, but with one look at his face, I could see that he was someone I could confide him.
I still hesitated, so I told him the short story to compromise.
"Well first...I ran into that guy I liked and that's how I met him. Then we had to do a duet together and I guess that was when I started to fall for him. He's really cold and mean and likes to fight a lot. And I mean real fights, the ones where people get hurt and blood is spilled. And then I met my boyfriend by saving him from being run over by a car and sometime he later asked me to be his girlfriend. At first I rejected him because I liked that other guy, but some things happened and I confessed my feelings to him, but he didn't like me back. He said that I was annoying. He laughed in my face when I told him and said that he didn't want to see me, talk to me or anything again. My boyfriend comforted me and when he asked me to be his girlfriend this time, I said yes. Then today, all of the sudden, I'm walking to school and he comes up to me and acts like nothing ever happened and I don't understand and I don't know what to do or how I feel--I just don't know." I didn't know how, but I said all of that with one breath.
I was sure I was talking much to quickly for Sunwoong to understand.
My eyes were wet by the time I finished.
"So...that guy you liked was a total jerk and your boyfriend was the one who comforted you after that guy, uh, hurt you?"
I nodded.
"And now, even though you're with your boyfriend, you still like that other guy?"
"Ah...I don't know...and I hated how normal he acted. He hurt me so much..." I mentally relived that afternoon of rejection and humiliation.
"May I ask those two guy's names so they won't just be 'that guy' and 'boyfriend'?" Sunwoong asked.
"My boyfriend's name is Minwoo and that guy is Y-Yoseob." My tongue tripped over his name.
"Okay, then from what I understand, it sounds like this Yoseob is a really confusing person and Minwoo loves you a lot, right?"
I paused, then nodded.
"Now, think, and I mean really think, do you still like Yoseob? Don't think with just your mind, but with your heart." 
I took a minute and thought really hard.
Concentrating so much, my eyelids shut tightly against each other.
I didn't want to love Yoseob, I was hurt enough from him.
I wanted to love Minwoo because everyone liked him better and because he already loved me a lot.
That's usually what I thought when I asked myself that question.
I pushed those biased thoughts away and thought from a neutral perspective.
Although I was with Minwoo and wanted to love him, my heart was stubbornly still with Yoseob.
I burst into tears with that realization.
"Oh my god, d-don't cry. Ah, eottoke...I don't know what to do!" Sunwoong, surprised by my sudden tears, shot up and ran a hand through his hair.
"Ah! I know." He left and in two seconds, he came back with a box of tissues.
I grabbed a handful and cried into it.
"I-it's okay, don't cry..." He didn't really know what to do.
For his sake, I tried to stop.
It took me a while, but I managed to reduce my sobs to sniffles.
"I-I'm sorry. I still like him..I still do, but I don't want to." 
"You really want to forget about him?" Sungwoong asked.
"Yes." 
"You need to let nature take it's natural course. Maybe it was meant for you to still like him. Maybe you are meant to be with him." He said.
I begged to differ because Yoseob didn't like me. He just liked to play with my feelings.
"I think the best thing for you to do, as my dad used to say to me, is to follow your heart because sometimes your mind isn't the one to be making the decisions. And give it time. Everything needs time. But for now, just go with the flow. If life wants to throw something sad or hard your way, just work through it with your best shot and a smile on your face."
His words...were probably the best advice I was ever given. About anything.
"Thank you. I think it was good letting it all out. I feel...a lot better." I said in an unbelieving tone.
"Acception is always where you can find true peace." He smiled.
With a compact mirror I fixed myself up and sniffled the last of my sniffles and hiccuped the last of my hiccups.
It was like a burden I had been carrying since I started being Minwoo's girlfriend had been taken off of my shoulders.
"Thank you, Sunwoong-sshi, I really needed that." 
"No problem...by the way...can I ask how old you are?" 
"I'm nineteen." 
"Oh, your my noona. I'm eighteen." 
"Can I call you _____ noona instead?"
"Yeah, I think that would be fine. I guess we should drop honorifcs, shouldn't we?"
"Yeah, _____ noona, sounds good." He gave me a goofy smile.
I laughed.
"Do you know the song 'Baby Baby' by 4Men?" Sunwoong asked.
"Yeah, I really like it." 
"You want to play it with me?" He gestured to the piano.
I smiled and nodded.
We played the song together and sang it.
I taught him some things on the piano and he was an eager student.
"Wow, maybe I should hire you to be a piano teacher!" Sungwoong said.
"Teaching kids how to play a piano? That sounds interesting..." I said thoughtfully. 
It actually wasn't that bad of an idea.
"No, really. Are you thinking of getting a job? I can really hire you if you're interested. We could use the extra money." He said seriously.
"Uh, I'll think about it. But it does seem like a really good idea." I smile.
"Do you own this place?" I ask while looking around the whole little store.
"Oh, no. My umma does, but she's in the hospital right now, so I have to look after the store." 
"She's in the hospital? I'm sorry, I hope she's okay." I say. I had no idea.
"She's fine, just had to get some surgery. Bad part of being old, you know?" He treated it like a joke.
I went along with it.
"I was wondering why you weren't at school. You're in your last year right?" 
"Yeah, that reminds me, why aren't you at school?" Sunwoong asked.
My eyes widened.
I fumbled for my phone a checked the time.
"Omo! I'm late! I have to go. Thank you for everything, Sunwoong-ah. I'll come back again." I stood and bowed.
 
"Think about the job! I just need my mom's okay and it's yours!" Sunwoong called.
"I will. See you!" _____ rushed out and he watched her run through the windows.
He chuckled to himself.
_____ was such an interesting person.
Maybe if her heart wasn't with someone else and she didn't have a boyfriend he would like her.
But it was okay because he was too awkward with girls anyway.
Sunwoong hoped that she would come back soon.

Anniversary date next~ ^^