The Kiss

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
 
 
Chapter 83 : The Kiss
 
 
 
Yoseob's POV: 
 
 
 
Yoseob ran.
 
He ran as fast as he could and tapped into whatever force always lead him to _____.
 
He learned that he had this ability a while ago and while it still puzzled him, he didn't question it.
 
Once he was connected, he shut his eyes and just followed the feeling, not wanting to waste as little as a moment.
 
It didn't take him long to find them, sitting on that bench and kissing passionately.
 
He slowed, feeling the pains in his heart, but gathered up the emotion for later because it was not the time for it.
 
Speeding up again, almost flying, he didn't hold back when he punched Minwoo right to the ground.
 
"Get your filthy lips off of her!" 
 
He glared at him as he slowly recovered and began to stand.
 
Yoseob acted on mere instinct, not thinking through anything.
 
He looked at her for a moment, wondering if he was too late then took her by the hand and pulled her along with him as he fled the scene.
 
Without a choice, she ran, stumbling with his speed, but never slowing down in case Minwoo decided to get up and go after him, which he would.
 
Damn, I'm too late. I'm too late. I'm too late, he constantly thought.
 
I'm not too late, I'm not too late, I'm not too late.
 
"Yoseob, where are you taking me? Let me go!" _____ yelled and tried to shake his grip off.
 
He looked at her with the corner of his eye and saw her struggling to keep up.
 
Sorry, just a little bit longer.
 
He continued on, leaving the city and entering the suburban area.
 
He never stopped, even though she tripped a couple times and told him to stop, but he slowed.
 
They began to walk, heaving out their breaths, hands still tightly intertwined. 
 
He refused to let go.
 
"Yoseob, stop. I'm tired and you're hurting my hand." She pleaded tiredly.
 
As she wished, he allowed them to stop.
 
He released some of the tension on his vice-like hand, but didn't let go.
 
She sank to the ground, trying to catch her breath.
 
Yoseob looked around for any signs of Minwoo.
 
There were none.
 
It was only the two of them on the street.
 
After a few minutes of resting, she stood back up, and tried to pull her hand away.
 
He held on tightly.
 
"Let me go. I'm going back to Minwoo." She croaked, voice hoarse and dry.
 
She began to pull away again, and with one sharp jerk, he let her go.
 
He was staring at her and the way she looked at him...it was full of hatred.
 
Caught off guard for those few seconds caused him to loosen his grip on her hand.
 
She glared at him then turned around and stomped off, her shoes clacking on the pavement with each step.
 
No.
 
No. There was no way he lost.
 
He was hurting too much right now.
 
Catching up to her in two long strides, he took her by the hand once again.
 
"Yoseob, I said, let me go!" Her arm wriggled and struggled against his holding.
 
"I can't all right?! I can't! I won't!" Yoseob spoke to her for the first time that night.
 
"Why?! Huh?! You can't just decide when you want to be nice to me and when you don't. I can't stand it anymore. Just leave me be! I'm going to Minwoo." _____ tried to pull away again, but he pulled her right back.
 
"Don't you dare say that name in front of me." His eyes narrowed and what he said came out as a growl.
 
"What's wrong with Minwoo? Please tell me, because my boyfriend is perfect. I'm going to go to him so release me." 
 
He absolutely couldn't let her go.
 
"I told you already! I can't!" He yelled in frustration.
 
"Then why?! Why can't you?! All you have to do is uncurl your fingers!" She yelled right back.
 
"I'm in love with you, okay?! Are you happy now?!" Yoseob blurted out his confession, panting and studying her carefully for some kind of reaction.
 
It made her pause.
 
Her eyes widened, mouth slightly agape.
 
They stared at each other for a good minute or so.
 
After that, she regained her bearings and her hateful expression returned.
 
This time when she tried to free herself, he didn't waste a second and pulled back capturing her lips and kissing them.
 
 
 
My eyes widened to the size of saucers, my head and body were shocked to the point that they wouldn't function.
 
I was dizzy. Light-headed.
 
Hot, cold, mad, sad, happy.
 
All of this and more I felt as he kissed me, but I couldn't comprehend what was going on.
 
Eventually, my mind started to work again and my first reaction was to push him away and I did.
 
As I pushed him away, I also pushed myself backwards, almost falling, but getting caught in a pair of arms.
 
I wiped my lips on my sleeve as if to undo the damage it had already caused.
 
 
 
"Get my lips off of her? I should be telling that to you." Minwoo's venom-filled words shot at him.
 
Yoseob wasn't listening to him though and he looked at you, watching, hoping that some spark, even if it were small, that would tell him that he really hadn't lost.
 
_____ seemed to regain her bearings from the kiss that would have shocked her and began to show signs that, despite all his efforts, it hadn't changed a thing.
 
She glared at him with disgust and wiped with the sleeve of her jacket.
 
Frustrated, unaffectionate tears glistened in her eyes.
 
"_____, please." He begged, sounding more pitiful then he ever had before.
 
"Forget it. Don't you see how many difficulties you are causing her? If you really love her, you'll get out of her life." Minwoo snapped, hugging her protectively.
 
He took off his jacket, even though he was only wearing a t-shirt under it and placed it over her shoulders.
 
Promptly, he led her in the direction they came from.
 
Yoseob stood, empty-minded, and just watched them leave together until he couldn't see them anymore.
 
Then he collapsed and he cried.