Coffee With The Ice Prince

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

 
Chapter 66 : Coffee With The Ice Prince
 
Yoseob's POV: 
 
Yoseob sat on his bed holding one of his swords.
It felt nice and comforting with in his hand.
He felt the handle and the case concealing the deadly blade.
He pulled it off a quarter way and let the light reflect off of the sharp surface.
Yoseob gazed at his most prized sword with a thoughtful expression.
Suddenly, his memory replayed that night when he had taken _____ to his match.
He unknowingly smiled thinking of how he had forced her to go with him and then she complained to him that she was hungry.
It seemed like it was a million years ago...
Then he frowned.
That night he also made her cry.
Was he supposed to feel guilty?
It was the first time he ever took someone with him to one of his matches.
It was also the first time anyone other then him rode in his car.
"Crazy..." He muttered under his breath.
A lot of firsts came from that girl.
First girl to make him feel like he should make up for something he did, first girl he ever talked to more the just a couple sentences that was not insulting or mean, first girl he ever gone on a trip with, slept together with, saved...
That list went on forever.
She really must have been someone special to cause so much firsts with him.
Yoseob abruptly sheathed his sword and stood.
What the hell did that stupid kid that he didn't?
He was much better then Minwoo...right?
Was it so wrong that he didn't like anything else besides fighting?! 
Was it so bad that he didn't like to be nice to people?!
He had no parents for god's sake!
One of the reasons he hated people.
They judged without a second thought and didn't bother to know the real story.
Not that he would let people though to him.
Oh, no no no, he learned the hard way already too many times over.
It was much easier being a lone wolf then letting people in that would just hit your weak spots in the end.
It was in his rule book.
Rule number one, Don't let anyone in.
Rule number two, Don't let anyone know your weaknesses.
He had been going by those rule for years.
He hated how someone like _____ could walk-or run into him his life and come in so easily.
Yoseob unexpectedly softened.
Having her in his life made the day more...interesting.
He had forgotten what it was like to have a...friend?
Is that was what he should call her?
Yoseob left his house with a confused expression.
 
Your POV:
 
A month had passed and Minwoo was dying to take me on a date for our a-month-and-a-half anniversary.
I told him that a month and a half anniversary wasn't something that big, but he still wanted to do something.
Since it seemed important to him and because he pleaded so much, I finally agreed to it.
"Yay! I won't disappoint you Noona!" He hugged me tightly.
"Araso, araso. Stop squishing me now." I laughed. He was just too cute.
"I'll come by your house later~ Thanks for dropping me off at school!" He said cheerfully then happily skipped off onto the school grounds.
"Aigoo, that boy..." I shook my head with a smile on my face and turned around.
I didn't need to be at school until lunch time, which was why I walked Minwoo to school.
I still had a lot of time left, so I took my time getting to the university. 
I planned to play some piano or guitar until classes started.
As I walked, I wondered about what Minwoo had planned for our anniversary date.
I was so into my thoughts I didn't notice someone walked up from behind me.
 
Yoseob was just walking because he felt like it that morning.
He didn't know that he would find _____ walking also.
He spied her from afar and followed her.
It was funny, because he wasn't even a couple meters away, but she still didn't notice him.
Eventually, though, she turned around and saw him.
 
I only turned around because I felt eyes on me and it was disturbing me so much from my thoughts.
My eyes widened at who it was walking behind me.
What was that Ice Prince doing?
I watched him as he casually walked up by my side and started walking with me.
My mind raced and I didn't know what to do, so I just kept walking and questionably stared at him.
"What? You've seen my face before. Is it really that amazing?" He asked with fake innocence.
I immediately shook out of my daze as hurt and anger rose up in me.
How dare he act so normal after what he did to me!
I sighed.
"What do you want." I wasn't up with playing his games.
"What's with you? Upset that your boyfriend's not with you?" He attempted to tease me, but it just annoyed me even more.
"I'm serious. What do you want? Say it or leave. It was so peaceful when I was walking by myself."
"Geez, sorry...you on your period or something?" Yoseob muttered.
I rarely got mad, but that just did it.
"NO I AM NOT ON MY PERIOD, YOU STUPID ICE PRINCE. HOW CAN YOU BE SO NORMAL AFTER WHAT YOU DID?!" I just exploded.
Yoseob looked surprised and slightly taken aback.
I glared at him openly and breathed heavily.
Without anything more, I stomped away deciding to go home instead where, if he chose to follow me, I could lock him out.
"Okay, I'm sorry. For real." He easily caught up with me.
"You said so yourself, you don't want to see me, you don't want to talk to me. You wanted me not to follow you. So I did. I don't understand you Yang Yoseob and I don't want to."
It hurt to say those words, especially those last ones.
My eyes started to sting with fresh tears.
He looked at me with one of the most sincere expressions I had ever seen.
"I'm sorry. All right? Honestly." He said.
"Like a sorry is going to cut it." I scoffed.
"Let me buy you coffee."
"No."
"Come on, it's only a coffee."
"No."
"One coffee. Just one."
"DO YOU NOT GET THE MEANING OF NO?!" 
"Please?" His eyes begged me.
I rolled my eyes prepared to walk away, but Yoseob grabbed hold of my wrist and started dragging me away.
"Yah-" 
I wasn't stopped being pulled until Yoseob released me and I dropped into a hard metal chair.
"Can I get two espressos?" He sat across from me and ordered our drinks.
I sat there with my arms crossed, very unhappy.
Our coffees came not long later, but I refused to touch mine.
"Come on. Drink it. Think of all of those kids in Africa that had to pick the beans to make your coffee!" He sipped his hot beverage and tried to use my words against me.
Unfortunately for him, it didn't work.
With two flat palms on the table top, I pushed myself up so I was standing.
"I'm leaving."
He caught my wrist.
"Okay, no more joking around. I promise." He said.
For some reason, I grumbled under my breath, but sat back down.
Yoseob slid the mug toward me and I wordlessly took it and sipped it's contents.
It was silent for a few minutes.
I looked everywhere but at him, still mad.
It was fading slowly.
I was sad though. And confused.
It hurt to see him, to hear his voice, for him to act like nothing ever happened.
Why was he so suddenly doing all of this?
Yoseob cleared his throat.
"So...how is it with Minwoo?" He asked awkwardly without looking in my direction.
I raised an eyebrow wondering why he wanted to know, but I thought it was the perfect time to let him know how over him I was.
"He's really sweet, a really good boyfriend. We're going on a date later to celebrate our anniversary." I smiled remembering his reaction when I finally said yes to the date.
"Is that so...?" 
"Mm. I'm really happy and lucky to have him."
Even though that was true, I couldn't help, but think of how Yoseob would be as a boyfriend.
"Does he make you happy?"
"Yes. Very. Very happy." I couldn't look at him, so I stared at the caramel coloured liquid.
 
"Do you...love him?" Yoseob couldn't help, but ask.
"Why do you want to know? What's the point of all of these questions?"
Indeed. He didn't know why.
Everything he had said and done ever since he started following her had been on impulse.
"F-fine. Don't answer. It doesn't matter anyway." Yoseob brought his cup up to his lips again.
What the hell? Did he just stutter?
"If you really want to know...I don't know if I love him or not, I guess...maybe...I will one day." She answered.
Will? Will one day?
Does that mean she doesn't love him then?
Without knowing why, Yoseob was ecstatic to hear that.
 
I didn't notice the mistake I made with that last answer.
I was supposed to be trying to make Yoseob believe I was over him.
I was actually being very honest with him and I didn't know why.
 
Yoseob realised at how much he was breaking his rules.
How the hell did she break through his barrier so easily?
Slowly, he began to harden again.
He was about to down the rest of his drink and leave, but she beat him to it.
_____ finished her coffee before he did and slammed the empty mug on the table.
"There. One coffee. I'm leaving." She said as she threw a five dollar bill onto the table.
"I said I would pay."
"I'm not a child. I have my own money." She glared at me one last time and left.
His barrier was infiltrated once more for a moment as he wished she wouldn't look at him that way.
Yoseob finished the rest of his drink and paid the rest of what was owed and then he, too, left quietly.