Happy Month-And-A-Half Anniversary

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

 
Chapter 68 : Happy Month-And-A-Half Anniversary
 
Your POV:
 
"A garden? Wow, this place is well kept." I said looking around in awe at all of the perfectly cut grass and weedless flower beds.
"It's really nice place right?" Minwoo smiled.
We walked around hand in hand and explored the vast green place.
There were other couples there and some elderly there to enjoy the beauty of nature.
It was refreshing to be breathing in fresh air other then the polluted air of the city.
"What kind of flowers do you like, Noona?" Minwoo asked.
"Any kind! I like them all." I said, reaching up to smell a white blossom in a tree.
"Pick one."
"Fine. Hmm...I like...daisies." 
"I'll buy them for you!" Minwoo exclaimed.
"It's okay, Minnie. Looking at them is good enough." I bent down to closely examine a patch of white daisies.
I liked their petal shape and their yellow middles.
It was simple, yet beautiful.
"All right." 
That was odd.
Usually he would plead with me at least a little bit, but this time he gave up right away.
I shrugged it off and continued enjoying all of the sweet smelling, colourful flowers and lush trees.
We went through the whole place and were back at our starting point.
"Are you hungry? Should we go have dinner now?" Minwoo suggested.
"Yeah." I nodded.
"Where are we going to eat?" I asked.
"It's a surprise!" Minwoo took something out of his pocket.
"Wear this." He held out a blindfold.
I giggled as he put it over my eyes.
Everything became black and I remembered watching other guys do this for their girlfriends on TV.
"Okay, come on. Step slowly, you don't want to slip." Minwoo held my hand again and led the way as I blindly tried not to trip over anything, if there was something to trip over.
A couple minutes later we finally came to a stop.
"We're here."
"That walk was really short. I don't remember there being a restaurant nearby-" I pulled off the blindfold.
Bushes and trees surrounded a wooden gazebo in a circular fashion.
Little multicoloured lanterns hung from strings and in the gazebo was a table set up for two.
The chairs and table were made of black iron and the table top was made of frosted glass.
There were two table settings and a single red candle with a single flame whipping back and forth in the wind.
"Wow, Minwoo, this is so romantic. It's so beautiful." He led me to my seat and pulled the chair out for me.
"You like it?" 
"Of course I like it! How did you get them to let you borrow this place?" I asked still admiring everything.
"I came here earlier and asked if I could rent it. Guess who the chef is?" 
Just then, Mir came up in his chef's uniform smiling.
"Hey, _____. You like? Minwoo went through a lot to get all of this set up." Mir said.
"Yes, I love it." I nodded.
"So, what can I start you off with?" Mir asked.
"Water, please, Oppa." 
"Same."
He left and came back with two wine glasses filled with water.
He then took our orders. 
Minwoo and I both ordered steak. 
It had been awhile since I last had it.
"Are you paying Oppa to cook for us?" I asked.
"Nope. I asked him and he said he'd be happy to help." 
"Oh yeah, I also got you something else." He waved to someone I couldn't see.
A woman wearing a green apron--what all of the workers had to wear here, came up with a single white daisy.
I accusingly glared at him.
"No wonder why you gave up so easily. You were planning to get me the flower anyway."
He just smiled.
The woman placed the flower on the table and bowed with a smile.
She hurried away, her job done.
I took it looked at it's perfection.
Minwoo and I took pictures while we waited for our food, which surprisingly didn't take that long.
"Here you go. Call if you need anything." Mir placed our food on the table.
"That was quick." I commented.
"I knew what you were going to order, so I prepared it beforehand." Mir shrugged.
"You did? How?" 
"Please, _____-ah, I'm your Oppa. Of course I would know."
"Enjoy your dinners and I only ask for one thing." 
"What is it?"
Mir leaned toward Minwoo.
"Don't kiss my sister in front of me." I caught a hint of hostility in his voice.
Minwoo's ears turned red as he nodded.
Mir cheerfully smiled as if nothing happened and went off to where ever.
We ate and talked comfortably, but sometimes my mind would wander.
I wonder what a date with Yoseob would be like?
Is he even capable of setting up one?
I secretly smiled trying to imagine Yoseob doing something romantic like this.
"Why are you smiling?" Minwoo asked.
I caught myself and shook my head.
"Because, I'm really happy." And it wasn't a lie.
I mentally scolded myself.
You're on a date with Minwoo. Don't think about that murderous Ice Prince.
The steak was delicious, as expected with the best chef in the world and we continued conversing.
It had gotten really dark and stars littered the sky.
Our little area was lit up by the lanterns and made the space bright.
"I have something for you." Minwoo said.
Aigoo, another present.
He pulled out a black, two inch by one inch gift box and handed it to me.
"You didn't have to get me anything." I said.
"I didn't get you anything." 
"That's okay, open it."
I took the top off to reveal a stunning silver bracelet with my name engraved.
 
 
(*Just imagine that with your name*)
"Minwoo, this is so beautiful. I can't believe you got this for me." Minwoo got up and put it on my left wrist.
"Anything for you." 
I watched it shine in the light and ran a fingers over the letters of my name.
It occurred to me that the bracelet could actually cost a lot.
My eyebrows pinched together in concern.
"How much did it cost?" I asked.
"You don't like it?" Minwoo frowned a little bit.
"No, no. I love this, it's just that it seems really expensive." Especially when he would have to have it custom made.
"It wasn't that expensive. Don't worry about it, Noona." Minwoo reassured me, but I didn't feel assured.
"It was really expensive wasn't it? You shouldn't spend so much money on me, Minwoo. I appreciate it and all, but you're a high school student. You should be using your money on things you want." I said sincerely.
"I am using my money on what I want. And I want to spend it on you." 
"What about the dinner? How much did it cost you for this whole date?" I asked.
"Please, Noona. I don't want to fight with you. Especially not on our anniversary. Money's not a problem. I promise." He brushed the hair out of my concerned face.
Somehow, he managed to calm me down and things went back to normal.
We spent half an hour more there then Minwoo said that we would be going to one last place.
The arcade.
Minwoo was going to pay for our tokens, but I wasn't going to let him pay for anything for the rest of that night.
No matter how much he pleaded and used aeygo, I didn't let it get to me.
We played until all of our tokens were gone and we hand two fists full of tickets.
We took it up to the counter to be counted.
The man working counted the total of our tickets and the tickets of a little girl and her mom.
"Your total is eighty-six. Choose anything from the bottom shelf." He told the girl.
"You have one hundred and two tickets. You can choose anything that's not on the top shelf."
The bottom shelf had a bunch of whimsical toys and cute little key chains while the second one had small and medium sized plushies.
The top had full size teddy bears and Hello Kitties and Keropis and Domos.
I was going to choose a small Marshimaro plushie, when the little girl caught me off.
"I want Pororo!" She pointed the blue penguin on the second shelf.
"I'm sorry, Sweetie. You don't have enough tickets. You have to pick something from the bottom self." The mom said.
The girl's bottom lip quivered and she pouted.
"I don't want anything from there. I want Pororo!" 
"You can't. Next time, okay? When we get more tickets. Pick from the bottom shelf for now." The mom helplessly told her daughter.
The girl sadly pointed to the key chain version on Pororo and the man got it down for her.
I felt bad for her and was about to ask the man for the Pororo that she wanted to give to her, but I was beat to it.
"We'll take the Pororo." Minwoo said.
Minwoo was handed it and crouched so his height matched the girl's.
"Here." He smiled.
Her eyes lit up and she hugged it.
"Say thank you." Her mom told her.
"Thank you!" She giggled cutely and went off with her mother.
"Aww, that was so nice of you." I said.
"Sorry I gave our tickets to her." He said hugging my waist.
I kissed his cheek.
"You're so nice. You made her so happy." 
 
_____ had already taunted him with with a kiss on his cheek and this time, he gave in to his desire to kiss her.
He lightly kissed her on the lips, sending his mind in a frenzy.
He felt weak and exhilarated at the same time, dizzy and overwhelmed and all he knew was that kissing _____ was the greatest thing in world.
It took everything in him not to kiss her more.
Together they walked toward the bus stop. 
He notice her acting weird again as if she wasn't even with him right then.
He noticed her like that several times already, just today and he wonder what she was thinking of.
"What are you thinking about?" 
"Huh? Oh, it's nothing. The date today was fun, I'm glad I said yes to it." She said.
He had asked her earlier about why she was smiling, but she told him that it was because she was happy, but he could tell that something was on her mind, he had no idea what it was.
 
Minwoo had caught me thinking about Yoseob again.
I mentally smacked myself for thinking of him for the millionth time today.
I remembered about what Sunwoong said about Yoseob and I were maybe meant to be.
I doubted it so strongly and I didn't want to love him.
He obviously didn't even like me and now I only wished to be happy with Minwoo.
But that didn't stop him from creeping into my thoughts and completely taking them over.
The bus came and we got on together.
We sat quietly on the silent bus both deep in our own thoughts.
I was, of course, thinking of Yoseob.
 
Minwoo's POV:
 
Minwoo was wondering if he should ask about what was bothering _____.
For some reason, he didn't think that she would tell him.
He was so happy that every time he thought about his noona, his heart would explode and fireworks went off.
He never believed that someone could love another so much.
He would do anything for her.
Including being late or completely missing dance practices, or losing sleep because he had to finish his homework and nodding off a few times during class or using his money to buy her presents and pay for dates.
Which Minwoo had been doing all of the above.
His friends got mad at him, but it was always temporary.
His grades started to slip just a little, but he was smart and could catch up easily.
And losing sleep?
A small sacrifice to pay to have just that much more time to spend with his girlfriend.
He wished he never had to sleep, then he could always be with her.
As for money...
Minwoo walked _____ to her house and bade her good night, once again resisting his desire to kiss her.
He regretfully sighed as he pulled his wallet from his back pocket.
It was empty with only a couple of ten dollar bills in it.
He wished he had more money so he could do more for _____.
Truthfully, he wanted to go to one more place before their date ended, but he didn't have sufficient funds.
He barely had enough for the arcade, but she paid for that.
Renting that part of the garden actually costed him a fortune plus setting it up, but the part of Mir cooking for them was the truth. Completely free.
That bracelet costed him a lot of saving up as well.
But he wouldn't tell _____ any of this.
He already saw how she reacted during dinner.
He didn't want her to worry.
To Minwoo, everything was just a small price to pay just to make his _____ noona happy.