His Plan

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
 
 
Chapter 81 : His Plan
 
 
 
Your POV:
 
 
 
"So what were you boys gossiping about?" I asked as I cleaned up the room and packed up my things.
 
"Gossip? We weren't gossiping." Yoseob said, shaking his head.
 
"Yeah, we were just talking." Minwoo agreed with Yoseob for the first time ever or least in a while.
 
I had to take a moment to process that.
 
"Please, I heard my name a couple times. Talking behind people's backs is not nice you know." I teased.
 
They looked to each other.
 
I laughed. 
 
"Come on, let's go say goodbye."
 
The three of us left the room, flicking off the light and closing the door behind us.
 
"Mrs. Kim, we'll be leaving now!" I called.
 
She emerged from behind the counter.
 
"Okay, thank you for your hard work. Have a good weekend." She smiled.
 
Her kids came out from the back.
 
"See you next week, Eunji-ah." I squatted down to her level and gave little waves with my hands.
 
"Bye, Noona. Don't stress too much." Sungwoong winked, letting me know that he knew what was going on.
 
I nodded, wondering just how much he knew.
 
"Bye, you guys." I said cheerfully and walked toward the exit.
 
 
 
Minwoo and Yoseob started to follow her, but stopped and went back to Sungwoong.
 
"Tell us, Hyung." Minwoo pleaded.
 
"You said that you think you know who she's going to pick." Yoseob added.
 
He smiled and shook his head.
 
"Just go and figure it out for yourselves. I'm not going to tell you." 
 
They both sighed dramatically.
 
"Fine. See ya." Minwoo slumped over then went after you.
 
Yoseob turned around and left as well.
 
He would have said goodbye, but they weren't really friends anyway.
 
 
 
Yoseob unlocked the car doors and got into the driver's seat.
 
I went into the other side and was just about to close the door when I stopped.
 
"Minwoo, aren't you coming?" I asked him.
 
He was still standing on the sidewalk and shook his head.
 
"Yoseob can drive you home. I have dance practice anyways." He explained.
 
"We can still drop you off at the building." I motioned for him to come.
 
"No, it's okay. It's not that far. I'll call you later." Minwoo glanced at Yoseob behind me.
 
I looked at him too, wondering what was going on.
 
They were having some kind of secret communication.
 
After eyeing them both suspiciously, I nodded.
 
"Okay, see you later."
 
"Bye, Noona. I'll call you later." He put on a smile and waved until we turned the corner.
 
 
 
Minwoo's hand dropped back to his side once the car was hidden by the building.
 
His smile turned into a sad one then faded into a line.
 
Truthfully, he and Yoseob had discretely discussed it earlier who should take _____ home.
 
They had heated arguments in hushed whispers.
 
Yoseob had won this time around because it would be safer and faster to just drive her instead of taking the bus.
 
Minwoo sighed, having lost to his greatest disadvantage.
 
He didn't have a car even less knew how to drive one.
 
If only he was older, he would probably have a job and money and everything Yoseob had because he was his age.
 
It was frustrating to be just a teenager with an almost adult girlfriend.
 
He never wished to grow up more than he did now in his lifetime. 
 
Without another choice, Minwoo walked to the nearest bus stop and waited.
 
It was time to go home.
 
 
 
Yoseob had a slight smile on his face because he had won.
 
It was decided that once one of them won, the other was forced to stay away.
 
Of course, they had both agreed to it, thinking that they could always win no problem.
 
So far, Yoseob was very happy with the rule.
 
How satisfying it was to leave his love rival behind.
 
"I see that smile on your face, Mister." _____ snapped him out of his thoughts.
 
"You two were definitely talking about something important. Don't keep me out, tell me." She nudged her arm on his.
 
"Sorry, no girls allowed." He responded, smile growing wider.
 
"Why not? Just tell me. Did you bully Minwoo just so you didn't have to give him a ride?" She looked at him suspiciously.
 
Yoseob had to work hard to keep in his laughter.
 
"No, I didn't bully him. He just wants to walk." He said secretively.
 
She seemed to get that he would not tell her what they talked about and sat back in her seat.
 
The way she looked with that slight pout was cute.
 
Yoseob daydreamed about the day that he would be able to kiss those lips whenever he wanted.
 
 
 
"What for?" I asked.
 
I was lounging in my room, talking on the phone with Luna.
 
"There's no special occasion. We just thought that it would be fun to go to dinner together." She explained from the other end of the line.
 
"It'll just be you, me, Sungjong and Jiyoung. Tomorrow night if that's okay." 
 
"Yeah, sure. It would be fun. Oppa has to take over someone else's shift so he won't be home to cook dinner anyway." I agreed.
 
It would be nice to meet up with them and talk.
 
"Great! I'll tell Sungjong. See you tomorrow!" Luna's happy voice said.
 
"All right. See you then." I laughed and hung up.
 
Not one minute passed when my phone rung again.
 
I checked the caller ID and answered the call.
 
"Hello?"
 
"Hi, Noona! What are you doing?" Minwoo's cheerful, bouncy voice drifted from the earpiece into my brain.
 
"Nothing right now. How was dance practice?" I asked.
 
"Oh...uh, it was fine! Wanna go on a date tomorrow?" I was about to say okay right away, but remembered the call from Luna.
 
"Sure, but I'm busy for dinner. I'm going out with Luna, Sungjong and Jiyoung." 
 
"Oh, really? Can I come? We can meet a couple hours before and then go to dinner together!" He suggested.
 
"Um...Sungjong's the one that's paying so I'll have to ask him first, 'kay?" 
 
"Okay! Call me back when you're done!" 
 
"Mmhm." Ending the call, I searched through my contacts for Sungjong.
 
Just as I was about to tap his name, another call came.
 
"Yobosayo?"
 
"Hey, _____. I, uh, wanted to ask if you wanted to...I don't know, hang out or something tomorrow." Yoseob asked.
 
Him, too?
 
"Well, I have the morning free, maybe the afternoon. I'm going to a dinner with Sungjong, Luna and her sister." I explained.
 
"And by the way, I was just about to call him, but you interrupted me. Minwoo wanted to go." I added.
 
"Is he going, too?" Yoseob asked thoughtfully.
 
 
 
If he went, he could keep an eye on him and try for her affections at the same time.
 
Even though he would rather have dinner with just her.
 
 
 
"Can I come?" He asked.
 
I thought about it for a second, wondering if I should let him.
 
"I'll ask Sungjong for you too. I'll call you back." After getting back an 'okay', I hung up and called Sungjong's number.
 
"Hey, Sungjong? Yeah, it's _____. I was wondering if you were fine if I bring two guests?"
 
 
 
"What time should I meet you tomorrow?" _____ said.
 
"Wanna meet up at three? I can come to your house." Minwoo suggested happily.
 
"Okay. Oh, and Sungjong said that you two can come for dinner." 
 
"Two? You mean you and I?" Minwoo asked, confused.
 
"Yoseob is going too. He called me right after you did and asked me to ask if he could go too." She explained.
 
"Oh." 
 
Why did he have to go too?
 
"I'll see you tomorrow then, Noona." Minwoo suddenly wasn't that excited.
 
"Bye." And he hung up.
 
He removed the phone from his ear and placed it back on his night stand.
 
That stupid guy just always had to ruin everything.
 
Minwoo knew that by going he could keep an eye on him and be with his beloved.
 
Just because he and Yoseob loved the same girl, it didn't mean that she was his as well.
 
She was rightfully Minwoo's, both of them accepting the relationship a while ago.
 
Now Yoseob was pursuing a taken girl.
 
Was he really that low?
 
Aish, he never hated someone so much before.
 
It made his stomach churn and the feeling just didn't settle with him.
 
If only he could magically make Yoseob not go.
 
And then it hit him.
 
Yes, this could work.
 
He needed to convince himself that it wasn't something evil. It wasn't that bad.
 
No.
 
It'll be okay.
 
Minwoo picked up with cellphone again and dialled a number.
 
He could use that dinner to his advantage.
 
He could kill two birds with one stone.
 
It rang a few times, then the call connected.
 
"Hello? This is Minwoo. Meet me in front of your university. Fifteen minutes." 
 
Then he hung up.
 
He could end everything.
 
His plan was perfect, flawless even.
 
Yes, the plan was a little dirty.
 
He would be fighting for his love, he could convince himself that it was completely fair.
 
Now if only he didn't feel so bad...
 
 
 
They stood facing each other and staring the other down.
 
There was obviously something going on.
 
Their rivalries were impossible to miss if you looked.
 
"What did you call me for?" Yoseob asked simply, going straight to the point.
 
"Your punishment. I think there is good reason for one." Minwoo responded.
 
"Punishment for what?" He asked, wondering what exactly he did wrong.
 
"I think you and I both agree that you deserve some kind of punishment for what you've done to Noona." 
 
Yoseob eyed him carefully, wondering why he was bringing this up now.
 
He proceeded anyway.
 
"Okay. I guess you've cooked up something for me then." 
 
"Correct. Do you accept your punishment?" Minwoo was clearly not acting like his usual self. 
 
"Fine. What is it?" 
 
"I heard that we're going to dinner so, tomorrow, for the whole day you are not to speak to her, touch her or have any kind of contact with her at all, understood? You'll merely be a presence." He pointed at him for emphasis.
 
Yoseob narrowed his eyes at him.
 
This younger punk talking down to him pissed him off, but he had already agreed.
 
He won't get to improve his relationship with _____, but he could at least keep an eye on the boyfriend.
 
"Okay. I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow for dinner then." Yoseob turned and walked off, not knowing that he just fell into Minwoo's trap.