Dreaming His Memories Again

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
(EXO-K - What Is Love, Beast - Freeze & G.O ft. Mir - Even In My Dreams)
 
Chapter 21 : Dreaming His Memories Again
 
Your POV: 
 
After a while, Yoseob broke away and with his soft voice, tells me it's time for me to go home.
Even though our long embrace ended, the song continued to play.
We cleaned up the our things and put everything away then went back to Yoseob's car without a word.
The car ride was also silent and it was neither comfortable nor uncomfortable.
Yoseob pulled up to my house and I see that Mir is home.
"We'll practice tomorrow and the day after then we'll do the recording, araso?" Yoseob finally spoke.
"All right. I'll see you tomorrow. And thank you for last night and letting me borrow your clothes. I'll return them tomorrow."
I opened my door and waved through the tinted window.
I stood there for a minute even after he left, then went inside.
"How was your sleepover?" Mir asked when I came in and put my stuff down.
"Good." Was all I say.
I run up to my room and shut the door behind me.
Flopping onto my bed I felt comforted, the familiarness making me truly feel like I was home.
I flipped over and grabbed the collar of Yoseob's shirt and brought it to my nose, deeply breathing in his scent.
Maybe, just maybe, Yoseob wasn't so bad after all.
I thought about that morning, waking up to Yoseob with his crazy adorable bed head hair.
If the kid in my dream was really Yoseob, I would've pinched his cheeks because his little self was just too cute.
Thinking back some more I remember what happened at Luna's house.
I had to think of a way to apologize and find time to do so.
Maybe I would ask her to go grab some coffees later and hopefully she'll forgive me then.
I would support her with her crush and even try to hook them up.
Then Sungjong could forget about me and he wouldn't have to avoid me anymore.
Perhaps he did already like her because he spends so much time with her that she doesn't even have time for her best friend.
She needed to tell me everything. Like, ASAP.
I try calling Luna, but she doesn't pick up so I lay there staring blankly at my cellphone.
My mind wanders back to Yoseob.
He had such a hard childhood and no parents.
Maybe that's way he's so violent and cold.
I guess I would've been the same if I had to experience everything he did.
I sigh and give up the puzzle that is Yoseob for the day.
"Oppa!" I call loudly.
Mir is sticking half of his body in the doorway in an instant.
"Can I help you cook dinner tonight?" I ask.
"Of course." He says and starts to leave.
"And." 
He stops and waits for me to finish.
I stand up and spread my arms wide really needing a hug.
Mir just smiles and was happy to fulfill my wish.
"Baby girl." He pulls back so he can look me in the eyes.
"Is something wrong? It's not about...Umma or Appa is it?"
I shake my head and give him a sad smile, remembering.
"Mianhae, Oppa."
Mir brushes his thumb over my temple.
"Why are you sorry?" 
"All of this time you have been dealing with me with what happened to Umma and Appa. They're you're parents too and I'm sorry that you have to deal with my grief when you still have your own." I start to tear up feeling really guilty and selfish.
"Hey, no crying. That's what oppas are supposed to do isn't it? Take care of their baby sisters?" He hugs me again and my hair.
I laugh just a little bit through my tears.
"Oppa, I thought I told you already, I'm not a baby!" I sniffle.
"Ah, on the contrary, you're still very much a baby. A big cry baby." I know he's smiling.
"I am not!" I hit his chest playfully.
We both laugh.
"I guess you're too grown up for Oppa's piggy back rides, then..." He says teasingly and walks out.
"No! I'm a baby, I'm a baby!" I pout and ran up behind him, wrapping my arms around his neck.
He laughs and bends down.
"All right, get on you little baby."
I got on and giggled like a little girl.
It felt like we were kids again.
I was glad Mir was there with me.
We played and joked like old times and it helped me get distracted from all of the things that has been happening recently.
While we were cooking dinner, I dropped the knife I was holding to chop up some veggies and gave a back hug to Mir who was stirring some soup in a pot.
"Gomawo, Oppa."
He turned his head slightly and I see his mouth turned up into a smile.
"You're the best." 
I smile too.
 
The next day at school, I try very hard to catch Luna.
I didn't succeed until lunch when she finally stopped ignoring me, avoiding me and not answering me.
"Luna, wait." I grab her arm and turn her so she's facing me.
"I'm really sorry. I didn't know about you and Sungjong and it was horrible of me not to even see the signs. Remember what he said? We aren't even supposed to be anything together, it doesn't matter anyway because I don't like him." I say.
Her arms are crossed and she only gives me a look.
"Luna." I beg.
"I want to help you with him. I'm sorry, okay? Just please forgive me." I give her my most sincere gaze.
I think I broke her because she lets her arms drop by her sides and she smiles.
"I forgive you, I just wanted to see how sorry you were." She hugs me and I smile.
"So, tell me everything." I say.
She giggled and smiled shyly.
"The first time we started to hang out like how we do now was when we were waiting for you one day. He told me that he really liked my name because it was the Latin name for moon..." She started.
Luna continued describing everything they did together, their conversations and such.
At first, she just thought he was a nice, cute guy, but it turned to something more.
Luna found out that Sungjong was a total nut about astrology and she had told him that the whole stars and moons and planets and space thing was interesting to her, so he offered to teach her.
Ever since, they had been hanging out with each other, and totally cutting me out.
Thanks you two. I feel loved.
"Do you think he likes you?" I asked.
"Well..." She looked uncomfortable.
"I think he still likes you..." She said.
Ahh right, you babo, I thought, mentally kicking myself.
"He'll forget about me. I'm 100% sure. Don't worry about, all right?" I say trying to comfort her.
She smiles optimistically.
"Anyways," Her smile turns mischievous.
"Let's talk about you and your crush on Yoseob."
I look around and hope nobody had heard what she had said.
It didn't look like anybody was even listening to us.
"Again, I don't like him." I say firmly.
"I don't know how you could resist. He's like, perfect. A freaking god. Except that he is always looking for a fight." 
Inside, I agree.
"Since when were looks everything?" I ask instead.
"Just saying. He's smart too. Top grades, just like you. He could protect you from anything that's for sure."
I opened my mouth to protest, but I was cut off by someone else.
"Hey, Luna. You wanna come check out these telescopes I was thinking of buying? The store is not far and we can come back before class starts." 
I smile, recognizing Sungjong's voice.
"Sure!" Luna answers.
I turn in my chair to face him.
"You wanna stop stealing my best friend?" I ask, jokingly.
He looks at me as if I was completely serious about what I just said.
"I was kidding?" I say. 
Usually he would get it, but I guess he was just a little off today.
I give a little laugh, which he awkwardly joins me in doing.
"...Right..." 
No one spoke.
"All right, I won't keep you kids anymore." I pick up my bag and stood.
"Have fun and be good~" I sing-songed and walk away.
Again, I felt Sungjong's eyes follow me until I was out of sight.
I imagine Luna's hurt eyes and I sigh.
Please just forget about me already, I think, hoping my thoughts would somehow magically reach him.
As soon as I didn't feel like there was someone digging their eyes into me, I turn to look for confirmation.
They were gone.
When I turn back Yoseob is standing right in front of me and it startles me.
I gasp and let out my held breath, shaking my head.
"Looking for someone?" He asked with a perfect, arched eyebrow.
"Nope. What do you want? Are we practising right now?" 
"Do you have a free period next?" He answers my question with another question. He was good at doing that.
"Yeah, why?" 
"Can I take you somewhere?" 
I just looked at him surprised. My brain was not processing his words.
Some of the other students were pointing and whispering things to each other.
"Did Yoseob really just ask her out?" I heard one say.
My cheeks slowly started to flush with colour, but I look at Yoseob and he's not fazed at all.
He waits for my answer, but I don't know what to say.
"Hello?" He waves his hand in front of my face and flicks my forehead. Not hard, but not lightly either.
"Don't hit me!" I say rubbing the sore spot.
"Answer?" 
"I don't want to go to one of your stupid matches again..." I mutter. It was all I could think of to say.
"It's not another match. I promise it's nothing like that. Just come, okay?" He held out his pinky.
I heard some gasps and more whispers drifted to my ears.
"Is he going to hurt her? Poor _____! Why is he always bugging her?" 
Yoseob didn't seem like the type to touch anyone wilfully unless it was more like fist to face.
I carefully take his pinky and walk with him to his car.
The others' whispers follow behind us.
"Does he like her? Omo! Does she like him?"
"I see them together a lot when school is over walking together. Maybe...their dating?!"
"Her little heart will just break in the end...she's such a sweet girl, why would she like someone like him?"
I sort of hid my red face with my hand and hurried into Yoseob's car.
He backed out of the parking space and drove off to I still didn't know where.
Jeez, I am willing to go to unknown places with a guy who has a bad reputation?
The school was finally out of sight and I exhaled.
"What?" I ask when I find Yoseob looking at me.
"Are you that effected about what they say?"
"Not really..."
"Who cares about what they say? Their assumptions are worthless to me."
I stayed quiet and tried to breathe normally.
A few minutes later we came up to Yoseob's house and pulled up into his driveway.
"What are we doing here?" I ask, I had a feeling he won't answer my question right away.
When he doesn't respond and just goes inside I sigh and follow.
"You said you dreamt of my memories right?"
I nod, not knowing where he was going with that.
He continues his way upstairs where he takes off his coat and goes into his room.
As he hangs it in his closet, I walk in, still wondering what he's up to.
"And?" 
"I want to see if you dream of my memories again." He said.
I squish my eyebrows together in confusion, but I get it soon enough.
"You mean...you want me to sleep with you again?!" I exclaim.
His silent stare answered yes.
"No way..." I shake my head, backing out of the room and waving my hands.
A playful smirk slowly spread across his face.
I try to make a run for it, but in two seconds he has his arms like clamps around my body and has me pinned against the wall.
I squirm and struggle, but it was pointless.
I had yet to see someone beat this guy.
I stop and sigh.
"It would be easier for you to just cooperate, you know." He says with an expressionless face.
"You're so mean." I mutter and pout. There was no other option, but to let him get what he wants.
He smiles in satisfaction and releases me.
"First, promise you won't do anything. And we don't do this again." I say seriously and hold up my pinkie.
He promises me and he climbs into the sheets while I take off my jewellery and let down my tied up hair.
"It's creepy. Look away." I say, spying him watching.
He closes his eyes and I turn back putting all of my things into my bag.
I reluctantly lie down with him, but I try to leave as much space between us this time.
Closing my eyes, I just willed my body to sleep so that this could be over.
I feel an arm hug my waist and hear breathing near my ear.
I just push off Yoseob's arm, but it comes back a few seconds later.
We repeat this about five times.
I push his arm off again, with the same result.
"Do you have to do that?" I ask with an annoyed tone.
"Yes." He answers smoothly and just hugs me tighter and closer.
Surprised, I blush and try very hard not to enjoy the moment.
"You go or I go." I try to sound powerful, full of authority.
He's stubborn and stays in his place.
"Stupid Ice Prince..." I say to myself, knowing that he can hear it clearly.
I give up and just relax.
The same warm, comforting feelings I felt the last time were there and assisted me into dreamland.
Not long after, we both slip into sleep.
 
There was a boy.
The same one as last time except he was older.
He was sitting like a good boy, his ankles crossed and his hands folded on his lap.
His legs were hanging off of the wooden chair he was sitting on because he still wasn't tall enough for his feet to touch the floor.
I examined him and estimated that the boy was now about six or seven.
There was a man in an ugly green coloured suit with a clipboard sitting to young Yoseob's left.
He was his personal therapist.
So far, they have tried to discipline him through physical pain to try to get him to stop him from being so violent.
They have tried to be nice with him and tried the old punching bag were he could let out his anger, but those both failed too.
This time, they were going to try to introduce him into hapkido, taekwondo, archery, those types of things.
It fast forwarded to the therapist and Yoseob at a studio.
The man led him to a bench so they could watch the students without bothering them.
Little Yoseob watched so intensely, with wide eyes and clear interest.
The man looked upon the gaping boy knowing that he had just found the solution to Yoseob's problem.
Fast forwarding again, the scene changed again to an older Yoseob, maybe ten, excelling in his hapkido class like no other, him shooting arrows at a target, perfect shots every time and then him holding a real sword for the first time and getting a feel of it. 
Just as the therapist thought, this solved Yoseob's problem and he didn't fight with other people anymore.
A couple came and adopted Yoseob and became his first foster parents.
He loved and cherished them dearly.
They were so nice and trustful. They were the first people he had ever gotten close to.
I was showed Yoseob going to a public school for the first time, but that was when things started to go wrong again.
Yoseob had gotten into a fight with an older kid because he was making fun of him.
This happens repeatedly and he is eventually expelled.
The couple that adopted him take him back with furious and frustrated tears. The wife was saying things, like how that he wasn't even human.
He had caused so much stress for the couple that they couldn't handle it any longer.
He was heartbroken. The first people he had ever fully trusted, left him.
Over the next four years he had experienced the exact same thing again and again.
Each time he was brought back, there was that other familiar boy there watching from afar.
Every family that had taken him in flashed before my eyes.
When his 26th foster family left him again, Yoseob, at fifteen, gathers all of his things late in the night and runs away.
The familiar boy was sitting on the front step by himself as if waiting for Yoseob.
The boy grabs Yoseob wrist.
"You can't just leave!" He hisses.
"Let me go. I'm leaving this stupid place. I don't want another stupid foster family to come get me just to dump me at this goddamned place again. I'm leaving and like hell you're gonna stop me."
It was the first time they ever made contact or even spoke to each other.
"Where will you go?"
"As far away from here as possible. I'll live on my own. I don't need anybody and I don't want anybody. I hate this place, I hate the caretakers, I hate the other kids, I hate you. I hate everyone. Now leave me alone before I make you." Yoseob shakes off the other guy's grip and walks off.
"You don't have to be like this." He says softly from behind him.
Yoseob stops momentarily and lets him finish.
"You just need to control your anger and none of this will happen anymore. You don't need to hurt anymore."
Yoseob just snorts.
"Everyone says I'm not human, a being without a heart. Since I'm not a human I don't feel anything and I definitely don't hurt. I'm not human. Humans feel. Goodbye, you won't see me again." 
I feel my heart tighten. For anyone to feel that way about themselves...
The boy on the stairs lets him go and watches him until he is out of sight.
He smiles without humour and stands.
He looks toward me as if I was physically there. 
His eyes that are so achingly familiar, looks into the space where I am watching from as if he could see me there. Not just an empty street.
He gives a good stare at my eyes, then turns around and goes back inside.
Could he have seen me?
How could he? I technically wasn't even there.
The image of him staring at me is burned into my mind.

I decided to cut the chapter in half...or more like 3 parts....
I have the first two thirds written, just need the last one.
Sorry for no updates.
First there was school... (My Math teacher just gives us homework like there is no tomorrow :I)
And then my friend started to become really really sick again...(Hospital sick)
And right before that he kinda...told me that he liked me.............................
ANYWAY. Ehem. Yeah.
Let's just go to the next chapter....
._.