"That's Why I Love You..."

The Warrior Ice Prince

The Warrior Ice Prince


 
(SHINee - Honestly)
 
Chapter 27 : "That's Why I Love You..."
 
Minwoo's POV: 
 
There was more chat going on for another half an hour when _____ checks the time and realizes how late it had gotten.
"I'm sorry, but I've got to go. My oppa will worry."
"Aww, do you have to go? Can't you stay a little bit longer?" Youngmin pretended to be a puppy doing everything. Pout, big eyes, sitting on his knees, everything.
It made the boys want to throw up, but Minwoo guessed that it was cute to _____.
"Sorry, maybe next time." _____ ruffles Youngmin's blonde hair.
"Why don't you stay for one more song first?" Kwangmin suggests.
She looks at the time again and sighs, but nods and smiles.
"Three minutes won't hurt."
The boys get set up and _____ gets comfy.
The music comes on and it's Youngmin in the middle first.
The song they dance to is called 'You & I', one of Minwoo's favourite songs to dance to.
"You guys should really become a real group!" _____ said after they finished.
"We have been trying, but no one seems to like us." Kwangmin explained.
"It's okay though because we have another audition in the new year." 
"Well I'm cheering for you, so do your best." She pumps her fist.
"Thanks Noona, if we aren't busy, we'll try to come see you sing." Hyunseong says quietly.
"I hope you all can make it then."
"We won't keep you any longer. Thanks for coming and visiting with us." Donghyun nods, fanning himself with his hand.
"It was nice meeting you all."
"Bye, Noona!" They call.
"Come again soon! Noona, I forgot to give you my number and-" Jeongmin is cut off by Kwangmin and Donghyun. They cover his mouth and wave.
_____ chuckles and waves.
"Annyeong."
Minwoo follows her out but is pulled back by the sleeve of his shirt.
Donghyun is behind him.
"You should ask her now. Before someone else does." Donghyun rolls his eyes in Jeongmin's direction.
"Don't waste a golden opportunity."
Minwoo nods and hurries to catch up with _____.
"Minwoo, you don't have to come with me." She says when he's caught up.
He shakes his head. "I'll walk you."
He presses the down button for the elevator.
It doesn't take more the a few seconds for the elevator to come and they both go in.
"I'm sorry about my friends." Minwoo says.
"There's nothing to be sorry about. I like them, they are really funny."
"The least I can be sorry about is Jeongminnie hyung. He's a little bit..." Minwoo trails off.
_____ just laughs.
"Don't worry about it, he was just joking around and it didn't bother me. It actually reminds me of when I was in high school. Although it wasn't that long ago, I kind of miss it."
"Were the boys the same as Jeongmin?" 
"Yeah, they were, but I like it. They have a lot of youthful energy unlike me, I'm an old dinosaur."
They both laugh.
"Ani, you aren't, because if you are, then Mir hyung must be really ancient then." Minwoo said causing them both to laugh again.
"He is old isn't he?" _____ sticks her tongue out.
There is silence again, Minwoo wants to wait a few seconds before asking his next question.
"What did you and the hyungs talk about?" He asks hoping it sounds casual enough.
"Singing, ourselves, nothing too complicated. Is Hyunseong-sshi always quiet?"
"Nah, he's just shy. He's like that around new people." Minwoo adds a little lie about the second part, but it isn't exactly a lie because he does get shy around new people.
Just not as shy.
"He's cute. Especially when everyone came in at once when Jeongmin-sshi locked you out. He screamed out 'Noona, I'll save you!'." She smiles.
Minwoo doesn't say anything.
"The twins were really interesting. I've never seen twins in person before."
"Which one do you like more?"
"Between the twins? Hmm...I like Kwangmin-sshi more." 
"What about out all of us?"
"You of course!" She poked Minwoo's cheek.
"I mean besides me." He pokes right back.
"Probably....Kwangmin-sshi again." 
Minwoo made a mental note not to let Kwangmin near his Noona.
"At least it's not Jeongmin..." Minwoo mutters.
_____ laughs.
Since it was dark out, _____ had called Mir to pick her up.
Luckily, he was just getting off work and would be there in about twenty minutes.
Minwoo and _____ started walking more into the busy part of the city.
Mir was going to pick up _____ at at super market. 
The walk was silent. Minwoo was thinking about wither to ask _____ if she would be his.
"Minnie? Is something wrong?" 
"No...just thinking." 
"About what?"
"Well..." He bit his lip.
"I want to ask something to someone, but I don't know what their reaction will be."
_____ thinks about it for a minute.
"Even if you're afraid about what the other person's reaction will be, I still think you should ask your question."
"Who knows? Maybe they will have a good reaction."
"But, Noona...I don't know..."
"I'll leave you to think about it." 
She is silent and Minwoo can't help but smile.
She was so understanding.
They don't walk too far to get to the store and once they were there, they go inside.
Minwoo follows his Noona as she shops around.
Mostly for drinks and snacks.
She doesn't speak a word still allowing Minwoo thinking time.
He appreciated it and to him, it was just another reason to love her.
A few bottles of juice and a couple of bags of snacks later, _____ goes up to the cashier to pay.
"Here, I'll carry these." Minwoo takes the two plastic bags bulging with the items she bought.
"It's okay, I'll carry them."
In the end, they both carried one bag each.
Outside, they wait for Mir.
_____ pulls out a box of pocky and starts munching on a chocolate covered stick.
"Noona, you really think I should ask that person?"
She nods with a half eaten pocky stick sticking out of .
"You never know unless you try. I'm sure that you'll do just fine and everything will be okay afterword."
Minwoo recognizes Mir's car and it drives up beside them.
"Don't be afraid and go for it. Even if the person might have a bad reaction they also might have a good reaction. You will never know unless you try." 
_____ takes Minwoo's hand and squeezes it before she walks up to the passenger's door, opening it.
"Wait, Noona. Your bag!" He holds it out to her, but she just shakes her head.
"Those are for you and your friends. Tell them not to overwork themselves, okay? I'll see you in the audience."
"Thanks for these. Bye Noona, bye Mir hyung." Minwoo waves as the car drives off.
You know what, Noona? You're right. I'll never know if I don't try. And you know what? I will ask you to be mine. Thank you for helping me, _____, that's why I love you...
Minwoo walks back, the moon shining brightly overhead, swinging his bag back and forth with a smile on his face.

I'm been feeling really discouraged to write and I wasn't going to update.
I don't even know why I'm updating to be honest.
Anyways, chapter for you.
 
Please pick one: