Fighting

The Warrior Ice Prince

The Warrior Ice Prince

 
(SHINee - Hit Me)
 
Chapter 48 : Fighting
 
Your POV:
 
I went to go find Yoseob again.
I walked around and around and around and surely enough, I found him.
He had the collar of some guy's shirt and his fist raised.
The guy's lip was cut and bleeding.
He was smirking at him.
"Go ahead and hit me again."
Yoseob, about to hit the guy, was distracted for a moment as he slipped out of his grasp and kicked his side.
The guy was about to strike again, but my feet were already taking off.
I was knocked to the ground and the pain radiated from the spot he hit and spread throughout my body.
"_____!" Yoseob called my name.
I squeezed my eyes shut to try to make the pain lessen.
In less then a few seconds I got up and stood holding my aching shoulder.
From behind me, Yoseob helped me support me by grabbing my upper arms, careful to avoid touching the spot that hurt.
But at the moment, everything hurt.
"_____, what the hell are you doing?!" Yoseob hissed into my ear.
"Let me go. I'm fine." I breathe and shake him off.
The other guy stared in shock for a moment, but then burst out laughing.
"The Yang Yoseob needs a girl to protect him." He cackled.
"Not to mention this scrawny little excuse of a girl." 
The atmosphere around became stiff and colder then the winter air.
It was hard to breathe.
"Move aside, little girl. This is between me and him." The guy strode toward Yoseob, pushing me out of the way.
I fell onto the ground again a fresh wave to pain shooting through my body on impact.
I winced and tried to breathe normally.
"Is that really what you have resorted to? Everybody knows that guys can hit other guys but never girls. Have you become that low? Apologise to the lady." Yoseob said.
My heart swelled in happiness.
He was defending me.
"What's it to you? Last time I checked you were all 'Me Myself and I'. What happened to the non-human with only a will to kill?" The guy countered.
Yoseob gritted his teeth and glowered at him.
"I'm still that guy. Ladies at least deserve some respect. Oh wait, I guess I need to give you some too then." 
"Fight me, Yoseob. Let's see who the real man is."
"We both know it's not you, so just give up now."
Why was he hesitating so much? I was sure that once he started, he didn't stop until his opponent was broken and covered in red.
Was it because I was there? 
He didn't want me to see him fight again.
The guy swing at Yoseob, who dodged it.
He evaded each of his blows.
"Come on! Fight me!" The guy growled in frustration, failing to touch Yoseob once again.
His eyes darted to mine and his scowl deepened.
When he looks my way again, I nod to him.
I, for this one time, was going to allow him to beat up the guy.
His eyes asked me if I was sure and I nodded again.
The he gave me a look to look away and cover my ears.
Still on the ground, I spun 180 degrees and squeezing my eyes shut and grasping the sides of my head.
I still could hear flesh hitting flesh, groans and screams until there was...nothing.
Suddenly I was pulled up not-so-gently and for a moment I was afraid Yoseob hadn't won.
I was relieved to see that it was him, but still scared by the way he looked at me.
"What the hell were you thinking?! What if you really got hurt and went to the hospital?! Do you know what you were getting into?! You know I can handle myself!" Yoseob yelled at me.
"I-I don't know...my legs just went..." I say, terrified.
"Now look at what happened!" He shook the shoulder that was hit and I gasped at the pain.
It only helped him prove his point.
I had no right to interfere and now I was injured.
I was causing problems for Yoseob again.
"I-I'm s-sorry." I stutter.
The over his shoulder, I see the guy face first in the dirt.
He was unconscious.
Yoseob roughly dropped me and started walking away.
I stared at the motionless body lying on the ground beside me and got creeped out by it.
"Yoseob, wait!" I call and struggle trying to get up.
My body was sore but I caught up with him.
"Who was that guy? Why are you fighting with people so much?" I ask.
He doesn't answer and pretends I'm not even there.
"What about that guy? Are you just going to leave him there? Did he hurt you? Should we go to the nurse's office?" 
He turns so abruptly that I almost bump into him.
"Stop following me!" He yells in my face and then continues.
"Yoseob-"
He turns around again.
"I told you to stop following me! Why do you care so much anyway?! You're annoying and just making things harder!" He looked so furious, I shrunk back.
"There is no reason for you to care about in the slightest, yet you do. I gave you a big hint already, I don't want to see you, I don't want to talk to you. I've already told you so, but I guess it wasn't clear enough. And you know what I did next? I ignored you as you followed me for the past two days yet you still didn't stop. I don't get it, _____. Why don't you just leave me alone?"
I just looked at him full of hurt and swallow hard.
I couldn't tell him that I loved him. No way.
"Wait..." His eyes soften just a little with the realization of...what?
"You...no way..." He shakes his head and laughs in disbelief.
He collects himself and returns to his cold attitude, pointing an accusing finger at me.
"You like me don't you! That's why you're trying so hard. Isn't it? Isn't it?!" 
My eyes go wide. My secret had been revealed. And like this, in this situation.
Again I don't answer him, out of shock.
He grabs me by the collar of my jacket and pulls me so close to his face I don't have time to react.
"You like me, don't you? Admit it!" He demanded.
"Yes. Fine. I do. I do, all right!? Out of everyone, I like YOU. There, are you happy?!" I surprise myself at my own reaction.
"I don't understand why you would like me. There is nothing to like."
"You know what? I don't understand why either. You can't choose who you like! The heart wants what the heart wants. I can't help it okay? I don't understand why, but that's just how I feel okay?" My vision is blurred by tears once again and I feel them running down my cheeks.
After a pause, I continued.
"Minwoo was right, I don't even know how it was even possible for me to like a stupid Ice Prince like you!" 
It just hurt. My heart hurts. My eyes hurts from crying. My body hurts. My soul hurt. Especially at his next words.
"I wouldn't like anyone. Especially someone like you." He gives a cruel laugh.
"You really think I would even come close to liking you? You clearly don't know me. It would be best if you just gave up those feelings because there will never be ANYTHING be a you and I. You really are stupid to think that there would be anything of us. Forget me. Never let me cross you mind again, araso?!"
Is this what heartbreak felt like? Like your heart was being ripped in two, stomped on, put through a shredder and fed to rabid mutts?
He stormed away, taking what was left of my heart with him.
"You stupid jerk!" 
I sank onto the ground for the third time that day and sobbed.
I didn't notice, but a crowded formed when we started fighting. It wasn't a big crowd, but enough that news would spread like wild fire.
Everyone stared at my broken form, not one moving to help me, to console me.
Eventually, all of them left, running off the tell anyone who would listen.
I ignored them all, too consumed in my own pain to notice anything but what happened in the last few minutes.
I forced myself to slow down my noisy cries to the occasional whimper and sniffle.
Then I pulled out my phone and speed dialed a number, pressing it to my ear.
The other person picked up almost right away.
"Minwoo...you were right....I'm sorry...." I whispered with a shaky breath.