Forget, Forget, Forget

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

 
Chapter 49 : Forget, Forget, Forget
 
Your POV:
 
"_____! _____ noona!" Minwoo called.
I heard Minwoo's footsteps get closer and closer.
I knew he would find me even if I didn't call back to him.
"Noona." I could tell by his tone voice he had found me.
I didn't bother to look up from my ball form.
With my head buried in my knees as I sat on an empty bench, Minwoo filled up the empty space and slowly raised my chin.
Without any words, he took out a tissue and started to gently wipe away the mess that was created by Yoseob.
I shut my eyes tightly. I didn't want to see the look on his face.
He must have been mad at me with an 'I told you so' expression, I imagined.
He brushed my hair with his fingers.
I wondered why he hadn't said anything yet.
So I carefully and slowly opened one swollen eye.
He didn't look mad or had the 'I told you so' look on his face, all I saw was concern.
"Noona." 
I felt as vulnerable as a deer in the woods, jumping to just the hint of a sound, movement, smell and taking off to somewhere else.
I quickly snapped it shut again.
I didn't want him to tell me that he was right and I was wrong, because I already knew it.
"_____ noona, please look at me." He said quietly.
I shook my head as if I were a small child.
He unfolded me little by little and pulled me toward him.
It was comforting to be in his arms.
We stayed like that for a while. No talking, just silence.
He my hair and my back and I let him because I had no energy to do anything. Not even cry some more.
After a while, I willingly opened my eyes and see Minwoo giving me a small smile.
"I'm sorry..." I barely get out. My throat was dry and sore.
"Sorry for what?" He asked rocking me from side to side.
"Even though...you told me not to...you knew this would happen, but I didn't listen to you." 
"Is it bad to want to go after the one you love? Even if it could possibly hurt in the end?" 
I didn't say anything.
"At least you tried, and now you know. You wouldn't have known if you never tried."
Those words which I had told him many nights ago.
I told him to try, that he would just continue to have no answers until he tried.
In the end it hurt him and in the end it hurt me.
"Do you want to tell me what happened?" He asked.
I opened my mouth to tell him, but only a high-pitched cry came out and suddenly I was bawling again.
I was certain I cried everything out already, that I had no more tears to release, but I guess I was wrong.
I just cried into his shoulder and he let me.
Murmuring comforting words that it's okay, that I'll be okay.
I felt like I wouldn't be though. I wouldn't be okay.
What if I would never be okay?
It seemed that this time I really didn't have anything more to cry out because eventually I started to slow and came to a complete stop with a hiccup here and there.
"You can tell me whenever you feel you're ready." Minwoo's breath tickled my ear.
So with one last hiccup and one shaky breath, I told him.
I told him everything. 
Starting from after I left him to go find Yoseob.
I told him what I thought and how I felt at the time, nothing was left out.
After I finished, he was hostile for a moment.
"I knew he was nothing but a stupid guy who only like to spill blood. Right from the start. I can't believe he would be like that. If I could just..." 
He seems to remember that I'm there and shuts up.
"It's okay, Minnie." I say.
He just smiled softly and brushed the hair out of my face.
"The only thing he did right was stop that guy from hurting you anymore."
"Forget him. He's just some stupid guy who can't see the beautiful person in front of him and wants to be forever alone." 
I giggle a little at the forever alone part.
For this time, maybe even for the times ahead, I didn't care about Yoseob. I didn't care what he was doing. I didn't care what he thought of me. I didn't care if I hurt him. I didn't care if he loved me or not. I didn't care.
With the warm feeling I got from Minwoo and becoming drowsy from crying a lot, I drifted off into unconsciousness.
The sleep wasn't filled with nightmares or dreams, but with peacefulness of nothing.
 
Minwoo's POV:
 
Minwoo continued rhythmically  _____'s head and eventually she fell asleep.
He smiled. It felt like he had just won the lottery.
He hated that Yoseob had made his Noona so sad, but now she was there with him.
In his arms. Finding comfort in him.
It was so perfect, it felt right to be with her and her to be with him.
She fit perfectly in his embrace. 
Their warmth radiated together into the chilled air.
_____, her beauty, her personality, the way she smelled, the way she laughed, how she smiled at him.
He felt like he didn't deserve her, but he still couldn't help but wish.
Maybe now that Yoseob had rejected _____, he could have a chance at winning over her heart.
A broken hearted girl, crying about a love that would never be.
The odds were in his favour. (Hunger Games :])
He was given another chance and he would use it.
"I love you, _____. I'll love you no matter what, more then any other person could. I would never hurt you, displease you or upset you in anyway. I'd love you forever and ever...so forget about him. You have me to love you. Yoseob is nothing compared to you. He is nothing to you. I promise that you will forget him and find happiness with me. So forget...forget, forget, forget..." 
Then he gently placed a soft, affectionate kiss on her temple.