A Date With Sungjong and A Day With Minwoo

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
(Kara - Date [My Boy], A-Pink - Please Let Us Love & Infinite - Entrust)
 
Chapter 17 : A Date With Sungjong And A Day With Minwoo
 
Your POV:
 
In the car, Sungjong and I talked about random things.
It was really nice hanging out with him again, even if it was a date.
Every couple of minutes, I would ask him about where we were going.
He just laughed and told me to be patient.
We pulled up into a parking lot for a really fancy restaurant.
"Are we really eating here? It's really expensive..." I was excited at first, but felt bad because knowing Sungjong, he would be paying, even if we had bought everything on the menu.
It wasn't that he didn't have enough money. 
He was pretty loaded, but he was my friend.
"Don't worry about it. Today I want to spoil my princess _____." He said, but it didn't make me feel any better.
"Maybe we should go eat somewhere else..." I said.
"No way, tonight I'm in charge. We'll eat here." Sungjong smiled reassuringly.
He took my hand and lead me to the entrance.
"Araso..."
My mood immediately changed once we stepped inside. It was very busy, like always.
There were coloured lights all over and everything looked really fancy.
"Two for Sungjong." 
The staff let us through to a nice table near a window.
Sungjong ordered our food and we were left to chat.
I saw him check his cellphone and smile slightly.
"Who is it? Did you find out that you have someone better to go on a date with?" I .
"N-no. There is no one better then you to go on a date with. You should know that. And it was from a guy." He said honestly.
"I'm sure that there are many more girls that would be better for you to date." 
"Not at all. There is no place I'd rather be then with you." 
The comment made me blush.
"Really?" I asked.
"Of course." He blinked innocently.
"You're always so sweet." I said shyly.
"You're sweeter." 
I was dying from this kid.
He was always honest and sincere.
I then wondered if Yoseob was being sincere before in the classroom.
It felt sincere when he hugged me.
And it was nice to know someone else who understood how I felt.
Someone other then Mir oppa of course.
I was sort of glad he did that. I wondered how he knew that yesterday was my parent's disappearance anniversary.
I had to ask him the next day.
But, wait...what if he goes back to being the same annoying person?
I really didn't want him to return to his cold self...
I wanted him to be the person he was today. I wanted for him to be so badly.
I didn't want to dislike him anymore...
"_____-ah, try this." Sungjong said.
"Hmm?" I said snapping back to reality.
He was holding out a fork with a piece of meat on it.
I leaned forward and chomped down on it.
"It's really good." I smiled and chewed on it.
"You try, too~" I stabbed another piece of meat and stuck it in his mouth.
"It's good, but it tastes even better because you fed it to me." 
I giggled.
Most of our dinner went by like that and I swore that I was going to die. The whole thing was incredibly cheesy.
After eating dinner, Sungjong took me to a nearby park for a night stroll.
"It turned out to be a clear night. It was really cloudy when we arrived." I said.
"I wouldn't let one wisp of a cloud in the sky on this night." Sungjong replied chuckling.
"I can control the weather at night you know." 
"If that's so, then Sungjong must be a god." I laughed going along with his joke.
"That's right. I'm a god." He took the moment to look prideful and manly.
I just giggled and hit him lightly on the arm.
We stopped at a wooden bench that sat in front of a small lake.
The moon was very bright that night the it's glow reflected off of the water.
The whole park looked like something out of a movie.
I turned back to face Sungjong. 
He was staring at me and I could see the reflection of the moon in his eyes.
His hand gripped mine and became tighter.
"I wish..." Sungjong was looking at me but his gaze seemed lost.
"What is it?" I asked curiously.
He snapped back and looked to the ground.
He seemed to be mentally fighting with himself.
He turned back a second later, smiling.
"It's nothing. There is no way it can come true anyway. Don't worry about it." Sungjong said.
"Tell me. I'm sure that you can achieve whatever you wish for." I encouraged him to continue.
He shook his head. 
Sungjong let go of my hand, it's absence making my hand go cold.
Instead he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him.
"Can we...just stay like this? For a little while?" 
I took his hand again as if to answer yes.
"Sungjongie, thank you for taking me out. I had a lot of fun and it took my mind off of things." We were walking back to his car.
"I'm glad that I'm the one to do it." He answered without looking at me.
"What?" He asked when he finally turned and saw me looking at him.
"I don't know what I would do without you." I smiled.
"Yeah, I'm pretty hard to live without." 
We both laughed.
"Thank you for letting me take you on this date. It means a lot to me."
"I know you don't love me and won't ever love me, but I want you to know that I'll always be here for you even if it's only as a friend."
"What are you talking about?" I asked, completely confused.
"You love someone else. You may not know it right now, but you will and when you do realize that you love him, I want you to know that no matter what you can always come to me about your problems or when your sad." He brushed a lock of hair behind my ear and cupped my jaw.
"S-Sungjong, I don't understand. I can always love you. What do you mean I love someone else?" We were now driving home.
"I wish you could love me, my princess, but it's not my fate or yours and I'm sorry you don't understand now. You will, I promise. I-I love you."
Everything was happening so fast and I couldn't grasp anything.
I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.
What was I to say?
Sungjong parked his car and stepped out to open my door.
He led me to the doorstep and had a look of longing in his eyes.
"I really wish I could...." He caressed my cheek and looked at my lips.
He abruptly shook his head and stormed to his car. 
I swear that it looked like he was there in a blink.
He started his engine and drove away.
The last thing I saw was Sungjong through the window. He was wiping his eyes.
I was left standing alone, completely and utterly confused.
 
Sungjong's POV:
 
Sungjong, don't be like this. The outcome is inevitable, Sungjong thought to himself and wiping his wet eyes.
"If only I hadn't fallen in love with her." He grumbled.
"No, I'm glad that I met her. I am lucky to love her and have her by my side as a friend, even if it's only as a friend." Sungjong corrected himself.
You were even lucky enough to go on a date with her, he added in his head.
Despite knowing that he could never be with his princess _____, he smiled.
It felt good to pretend that _____ was his.
If it were for a few hours or a few minutes he'd still be thankful he got that time, but no more.
He had the role of a bystander while _____ played the part of the most important person.
It may take awhile, but eventually he wouldn't hurt anymore.
The only thing that will never change was his love for her.
That will never decease.
He would never let it.
 
Your POV:
 
I lied in bed awake trying to piece together everything Sungjong had told me.
Was he being serious about what he said?
It wan't like him to be anything but serious.
He said that I could never love him.
I was very capable of loving him, it would be easy to.
But that was the problem, I could love him, but I wasn't in love with him.
If I chose to love Sungjong, it would be a forced love, not one the manifested through natural feelings.
I thought about it a lot and I knew then that I didn't love Sungjong nor have I ever.
He was a friend, a very good one. One that I could count on and go to for advice.
He had also said that I loved someone else.
If it wasn't Sungjong, who was it?
I thought about all of the possibilities.
After everyone I thought of was crossed off it left Minwoo and Yoseob.
Minwoo was a really sweet guy who was always so full of youthful aegyo.
He cared about my feelings and made me happy when I felt sad.
I had a feeling that he would always be someone who would take care of me, but it didn't feel like I loved him.
I couldn't love him.
And Yoseob...I couldn't even consider him as an option.
How could I even like him? He's rude, aggressive, mean, annoying and not to mention more then a little violent.
On the other hand, he could be nice and friendly even on rare occasions and he was really really cute.
His looks were the definition of perfection and his gaze was seductive and made girls tremble.
There is no way that ice prince could be the one I love, I thought.
Yet, I didn't cross him off my list of possible guys I loved like I had with Minwoo.
In fact, he was the only one on the list.
The next day at school, I was cautious when Yoseob arrived since I had gotten to the practice room first again.
I was afraid that he would return to his normal ways again.
"Did you have fun yesterday?" He asked without greeting me.
"Yeah, it was really nice to be going out." I said.
"Wait. How did you know I went out with Sungjong last night?"
"Who do you think came to get you right after you fell asleep?" There was a hint of sarcasm, but it was hardly noticeable.
I didn't say anything. I still didn't understand what Sungjong was talking about.
I really wanted to help him, but I didn't know how.
"So are you guys going out now?" He asked casually.
It was a simple question, but I didn't know how to answer it.
"He, uh...said that he l-loved me, but...." I wasn't sure what to tell him.
"He said he loved you?" Yoseob sounded surprised and more or less interested.
"But you rejected him, hmm?" 
"Ani, it wasn't like that...he said that he wanted me to be with him, but he said it wasn't his fate...?" I sounded confusing, even to myself.
"He said that....I loved someone else." 
"Who?" He asked.
"I don't know. Last night was so confusing I'm still struggling to understand it myself." 
There was some awkward silence.
"Thank you...for yesterday." I said slowly.
"Don't worry about it. If it's about your parents, you can always talk to me about it, all right?" 
I nodded gratefully. It was a sign that he might not return to being mean again.
I decided to try and ask him a serious question.
"Do you ever wonder if your parents are still out there somewhere?"
"Honestly, I feel like they are out there. I believe that they are still alive."
"I wish I had the same feeling..." I plucked a string on my harp.
We practiced without bringing up anything of the previous conversation.
As for the practice, all we needed to do was perfect the song, record it and then rehearse it.
I was in a good mood after because Yoseob was still the same as he was yesterday, even if he was a little bit more quiet.
Once I walked out of the school gates, Minwoo was by my side.
"_____ noona! I missed you so much. How are you feeling?" He hugged me tightly.
"Minwoo, what are you doing here?" I asked.
"Mian, I couldn't be here. I had to do my exams." He pouted and begged me to forgive him.
"It's okay...?" 
He smiled brightly after I had said that.
"So how are you feeling? You didn't answer me yet." 
"I'm good, but a little bit confused with things." I said blinking.
"Confused about what?" He asked curiously with pure innocence.
"It's...nothing. How did you do on your exams?" I changed the subject.
"I don't know yet, but I think they have posted the results by now." 
"Let's go see then!" 
"I don't want noona to see my marks if they're bad..." He said in the cutest way possible.
"But I guess we can go." He said after giving a nervous smile.
We walked to Minwoo's school which was a few blocks away.
This would be the first time I had ever been to the high school Minwoo went to and for some reason I was a little bit nervous.
As we approached, I could see a bunch of high school students dressed in the same uniform as Minwoo crowded in the foyer. 
I remembered my years in high school and my old uniform. It was sort of awkward since my uniform-wearing days were over.
A group of guys came up to us, I guessed that they were Minwoo's friends.
"Minwoo, I totally tanked my math exam and barely passed my, oh, who is this?" The guy with long blond hair said to Minwoo.
I was sort of behind him so he hadn't seen me until I had came out from behind him.
The boys stared at me for a little while then looked back to Minwoo for his answer.
"This is _____ noona, she is from the university that's nearby." He told them with a smile.
"Oh, so this is the noona you were talking about...she is pretty..." A chestnut brown haired boy said and looked at me with wide eyes.
"Hyunseong hyung!" Minwoo scolded the guy with chestnut brown hair.
"Noona, if you don't want to be with Minwoo you can play with me." The blondie said to me.
"Youngminnie hyung!" Minwoo said to the blondie.
"Noona, come see my grades. I did very well!" The curly haired brunette took my hand and started dragging me away.
Minwoo grabbed my other hand and pulled me away from him.
"Jeongminnie hyung!" 
He put me behind him protectively. 
"Hyungs, I'll see you later we're going to go see my exam marks." Minwoo quickly got us away from them and now we were inside the foyer.
"Wait here for a minute, noona." Minwoo disappeared inside of the crowd.
A couple minutes later, a guy with red hair and his friend came up to me.
"You're not wearing a uniform, you don't go to this school then?" The red head asked.
"No, I'm here with a friend to see his exam marks. Why do you ask?" I explained.
"I have to keep track of all of the students who have come to check their marks."
I got a look at the other guy. 
"Hey, you look exactly like..." I tried to remember what Minwoo had called the blondie.
"Ah, Youngmin-sshi." I snapped my fingers.
This guy looked exactly like him except that this guy's hair was brown, almost black and was cut shorter.
"Yeah, I get that a lot. We're twins." He answered with a smile.
"Ah, chinchan?" My cheeks flushed pink and I face-palmed myself. I should've known that they were twins from the start and I was pretty sure he was sick of explaining it over and over.
"Don't worry about it, it's all right." The brunette twin said as if he had read my mind.
"I'm Jo Kwangmin and this is Kim Donghyunnie hyung." Kwangmin pointed to the red head.
"I'm Park __---" I had bowed politely, but accidentally slipped on the marble floor.
I landed safely and soundly into Kwangmin's arms.
I blushed in embarrassment.
Just then Minwoo came back.
"_____ noona, you might be disappointed in m..."
"Kwangminnie, do you know _____ noona?" Minwoo asked.
"T-this is _____ noona?" Kwangmin quickly helped me stand again.
"Yeah. Noona, why where you hugging Kwangminnie?" 
"I tripped and he caught me. Thank you by the way." I said.
"Noona, let's go see my marks." Minwoo pulled me away again.
"O-okay, goodbye Donghyun-sshi and Kwangmin-sshi." I waved to them with the hand that wasn't being held onto by Minwoo.
"Noona, before you see my marks, I'm sorry, I couldn't get them to be high enough." He said stopping in front of me before proceeding.
There were four big pieces of paper on the wall and it ranked all of the students by their grades and their marks.
On one of the long papers, I spotted Minwoo's name in first place.
"Wow, Minnie, you ranked first! What do you mean you couldn't get them to be high enough?" I asked.
"I didn't get perfect on all of my tests. I'm sorry." He pouted.
"No, Minwoo, this is great! You did a really great job and I'm really impressed." I ruffled his hair and smiled.
"Really?" 
"Mmmhm." I nodded.
"Minwoo oppa! Congratulations on being ranked number one!" A female student came up to him.
Suddenly a bunch of female students surrounded Minwoo.
"Do you want to go celebrate at the bakery with me?" One asked.
"We can go instead!" Said another one.
"Or we can go!" 
He smiled and shook his head.
"No thank you, ladies. Noona, let's go." 
As he navigated us out of the group of girls, I heard a lot of whispering.
"Who is that, I have never seen her at this school before.", "That unnie is so lucky.", "Is she his girlfriend?", "Omo! They're holding hands! Does that mean oppa isn't single anymore?"
"Hmm, I didn't know that you were so popular with the ladies." I said winking at him.
"I don't like any of them." He responded simply.
"There must be one girl that you like." I said not believing him.
"Well, there is one...." 
"I knew it! Is she pretty? Nice? Smart?" I started firing questions at him.
"She is all of those things and more." He smiled tenderly.
"Are you going to confess to her?" I asked.
"I want to, but I have rivals and I'm not sure if she likes me back." Minwoo blushed and looked at the ground.
"I'm sure that she'll like you back. Who doesn't like this handsome guy." I pinched his cheeks.
"I can help you if you'd like."
"It's okay, noona. I want to win her heart by myself. I just hope I can be better then those other hyungs who like her." He said.
"Now, where should we go?"
"Anywhere you want to go." I answered.
"I want to go where _____ noona wants to go."
"Aigoo, we are going to go celebrate your good work at school, so you need to pick. We'll do what you want to do today."
"What I want to do...?" He said thoughtfully.
"How about we go for a picnic?" He suggested a couple minutes later.
"Sure!" 
We went to the park and spread out a blanket on the lush grass.
I hadn't even sat down for three seconds and I had already gotten up again.
"Minnie, wait here for a moment. I'll be right back." I said and jogged off.
He had given me a weird look, but let me go.
Once I was out of sight, I made a sharp turn to the left.
I was going to a local bakery to buy Minwoo a cake.
I bought 5 inch round cake, a couple cans of sparkling fruit juice and plates and cutlery.
I went back into the park and hid behind a tree with my plastic bag and cake box near to where Minwoo was.
He was sitting cross legged and patiently waiting for me to return.
I snuck up behind him.
"Surprise!" I exclaimed.
Minwoo jumped slightly and looked behind him to find me.
He smiled brightly.
"So that's where you went." 
I took the seat beside him and took the cake out from the box.
Minwoo took the plastic bag from me and emptied that too.
"Now, for the smartest junior in the whole school...cake!" I cut a piece and handed it to him on a plate.
"Thank you, noona, but you didn't have to do all of this for me." 
"A celebration without cake? What kind of celebration is that then?" I smiled and giggled.
"Araso, araso." Minwoo took a mouthful of cake.
After we had eaten the cake, we lied down on the blanket and stared up at the blue and white sky.
I turned my head toward Minwoo.
He had his hands behind his head and was staring up at the clouds, smiling.
I wondered if there was ever a time when he didn't smile.
I guess that he had felt my eyes on him and turned his head as well.
"What is it?" He asked.
"Nothing." 
After about an hour or so, we packed up everything and started walking around.
As we passed by a water park, I watched as kids splashed each other.
Minwoo gave me a smug look and pushed me into a fountain.
I let out a yelp as I was soaked in cool water.
I pouted and crossed my arms.
He held out his hand for me to take.
"Mianhae, noona."
I took his hand and pulled him down with me. Now were were both wet.
That's how our water fight started.
Minwoo easily picked me up and stood under one of those buckets that spilled water every couple of minutes.
"Andwae!!!" I yelled and covered my face with my hands.
When it felt like Minwoo was going to let me drop, I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and held on tightly.
A while later, we were tired out and called a truce while sitting on a bench.
I curled up beside Minwoo and fell asleep.
Minwoo had put the blanket over our soaked-to-the-bone legs and also eventually nodded off.
When we both had woken up, our clothes were dry. For the most part.
We walked through the park again and it was dusk. 
In the middle of the park there was a big open space that was paved over with cement. 
There was a fountain and more wooden benches surrounding it.
On this night, the little area was filled with music and dancing couples.
I had stopped to watch.
Some how it amazed me to watch the couples spinning and twirling gracefully to the soft music.
"Do you want to go dance?" Minwoo asked me noticing my interest.
I bit my lip and before I could answe,r someone had pushed the two of us in and put our hands into the position to dance.
"Do you know how to waltz?" 
I nodded.
I was no expert, but I was surprised at how much he led me and how good he was.
After the song was finished, the MC called for a guys only dance competition.
"Watch me, noona." He winked and walked off to the middle again.
I watched as a few guys that were closer to my age gather and each started to dance in their own style.
I checked out all of the other guys before watching Minwoo.
For the first time that I had seen, Minwoo wasn't smiling, but instead a serious expression was being showed on his face.
He danced really well and for another first, he looked like a man.
I watched him with wide eyes the whole time.
He saw me and smirked, finishing off with a cool pose.
Minwoo came back breathing hard and sweating. A lot.
I giggled and pulled out a tissue.
"Did you like it?" He asked as I started to wipe up the sweats on his forehead.
"You looked so different." I said.
"Different how?" 
"You looked manly." I said truthfully.
He looked satisfied. "I'll show you more later. I don't want noona to think that I'm only a boy."
"I look forward to it."
It was getting late and I had to get home before Mir came to get me himself.
Minwoo had offered to walk me home, but I declined.
"I'll see you later, okay?" I said.
"Mmmhm, get home safe." 
"I will. And Minwoo?" 
"Yes?" 
"Keep doing well." I went on my tippy toes and lightly kissed him on his forehead.
"Annyeong." I walked off while turned slightly so I could wave to him.
"Bye, noona..." I heard him say faintly.