Ice Cream

The Warrior Ice Prince

The Warrior Ice Prince


 
(f(x) - Ice Cream)
 
Chapter 28: Ice Cream
 
Your POV:
 
"Here Oppa, say ah." I held out the pocky stick out since Mir was driving.
"Ahh!" Mir opens his mouth widely.
"What did you buy?"
"Just some snacks for practice tomorrow." I said.
I planned to share with Yoseob.
"Just make sure you come home hungry for Oppa's delicious dinner."
We laugh.
"You know I wouldn't miss any of your cooking to save my life."
 
At home, Mir decides to make a little desert of ice cream topped with chocolate syrup, fruits and whip cream.
I was about to take a bite when the door bell rang.
I get up and answer the door, wondering who it could be.
"Oh. Annyeonghaseyo." I bow to the stranger.
"U-um, annyeonghaseyo. Is this Mir-sshi's house?" The woman looked around Mir oppa's age, but I've never seen her before.
"Ne, one second. Oppa! Someone is here for you!" I call.
Mir appears beside me with his ice cream.
"Oh, Hyewon, what are you doing here?" Mir asks with the spoon still in his mouth.
"Oppa!" I pull it out so he can speak properly.
"You left this in the break room. I thought you would need it." Hyewon holds out Mir's single fold wallet. 
The design is very common, but I could tell right away that it was his because of the picture of Pororo on the front.
Mir pats his pockets and realizes that he was indeed missing his wallet.
"Thanks, it must have been trouble for you to bring it all the way here." Mir takes it and puts it in his back pocket.
"Oh no! I mean, it was nothing. And who is this by the way?" Her head nods toward me.
"This is my younger sister, _____, _____, this is my coworker, Lee Hyewon." Mir introduced us to each other.
"It's nice to meet you." I smile and hold out my hand for her to shake.
"Same here. Um, I guess I'll see you tomorrow, Mir-sshi." She bows.
"See you." He smiles and waves with the hand not holding the glass dish.
I watch as Hyewon leaves, blushing.
"Now, gimme this back. My ice cream will melt." Mir swipes the spoon from my hand and goes back toward the kitchen.
"I think she likes you, Oppa" I say, softly shutting the door.
"Hyewon? Aniya, she's just a friend from work." He stuffs the rest of the remains of his desert into his mouth.
I laugh lightly when I see there is too much and melted ice cream starts dripping from his lip.
"I really think she likes you, do you like her?" I hand him a napkin.
"I have too much to worry about to start a relationship. I've got you to take care of. You is all I need anyway. Who needs anyone else when I have you?" Done eating, he picks me up and spins me around.
I giggle and it's like we were little kids again.
"All right, I think I'm gonna go to sleep. Good night." He pats my head and starts going up to his room.
"You can't sleep yet!" 
"Uh? Why not?" He asks from half way up the stairs.
"You just ate. You have to wait until it digests first." I say matter-of-factly.
It's exactly what he told me, but apparently, only I have to follow that rule.
"Andwae!" He folds his arms like a child and continues forward.
I run up after him and tackle him to the ground.
Quickly, I get off and run towards Mir's open bedroom door, opening my arms out wide blocking any access.
I should've known by now that my effort would be useless.
Mir scrambles up and just picks me up lying both of us on his bed and placing the blanket over our bodies.
"Let's go to sleep~" He says with closed eyes, one arm still pinning me down.
I struggle and try to get out, but to no avail.
Instead, I spy a lone pillow within my reach and I grab it.
I hit him with the pillow until he finally lets me go.
"So that's how you want to play." Mir's eyes shot open as he, too, grabs a pillow and stands up.
Our pillow fight lasts a good twenty-five minutes and only stopped because we both had fallen asleep side by side hugging our weapon.
We leave behind the waking world along with my melting ice cream treat that was still sitting on the counter.