My Beautiful, Beautiful Target

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
(B1A4 - Beautiful Target & Beast - Beautiful) Click into new tab^^
 
Chapter 12 : My Beautiful, Beautiful Target
 
Your POV:
 
After the teachers left, I was still shocked, you could say, about the whole thing.
I half-heartly played my harp, plucking random strings.
"I think we should start with deciding on the message to the song." Yoseob said. 
He seemed like this whole idea didn't bother him at all.
"I think we should try to convince them to call this whole thing off." I replied.
"How about we make the song about two people who love each other, but can't bring themselves to tell one another?" He suggusted, not even addressing what I said. Again.
"Ew, I have to sing about secretly loving you, but I'm too shy to tell you?" I asked scowling and disliking his idea.
"It's just for the performance...unless you really do love me." He smirked.
"You are so arrogant..." 
"And you love it~" 
"Yeah, sure, whatever. So then the song is about two people who love each other, but can't get themselves to tell..." I say.
"Okay, then we'll use that." Yoseob said.
We continued discussing it---scratch that---Yoseob taunted me and we only sort of discussing about it.
I had Mir come pick me up because I couldn't take handling his stupid comments any longer.
"Oppa~ Why is he so annoying~" I whined pouting.
"He saved you didn't he? I'm thankful to him...and ashamed...I couldn't get to you in time." Mir sqeezed my hand lightly.
I was silent. That was a horrible experiance. One I didn't wish to revisit. Ever.
It was almost as painful as the memory of our parents.
I stared blankly out of the window.
Mir seemed to understand and kept quiet during the ride home.
Before dinner time, I finished all of my homework and now was just resting on my bed.
I started to think about Yoseob and our duet.
Lyrics started to form inside of my head, and they didn't seem that bad so I wrote them down.
There was a strange feeling I had though.
I felt like I was wrong about something. One of the choices I had made in my heart was a wrong choice.
It was confusing me so much I decided to try calling Luna and talking to her about it.
"Well that's weird, I wonder what it is..." Luna said thoughtfully through the phone.
"I'm sorry, I can't help you right now. I have something to do, but next time okay?" 
"Okay, it's dinner time anyway. Mir created a new dish he wants me to try it." I replied.
"I'll see you tomorrow then."
I hung up. That wasn't much help. 
I sighed and shook it off.
"Hurry up, _____, it's going to get cold!" Mir called.
"I'm coming!"
I jumped off of my bed and made my way to the kitchen.
The next day, I spent some time with Minwoo.
I have been practicing so much that I haven't been seeing him at all.
I told him about how Yoseob and I were wanted to collaborate a song and perform it instead of us just doing a separate show.
"Don't worry about it, it's just one performance and if he keeps bugging you, you can just call Sungjong hyung or Mir hyung or me because I'm here for you too."He replied soothingly.
"I guess you're right. Once this is over I don't have to deal with him anymore." I smiled.
"Hehe, that's the Noona I know."
"And you'll do well on your exams for me, right?" I ruffled his hair.
"Yup! I will study a lot and get good grades for Noona." He gave me one of his adorable smiles.
"Aigoo, too cute." I playfully mocked him by pinching his cheek.
"No way, men are supposed to be manly. Women are supposed to be cute." He pouted and acted like a 'man'.
I giggled.
"Okay, okay, go and study now, I need to meet that pabo ice prince now." 
I stood up and dusted off the front of my shorts.
Suddenly he grabbed my hand.
"Remember, I'll always be here for you. Don't hesitate to come to me if you feel annoyed or sad, okay?" His eyes had a serious glint in them.
I pulled him up so he was standing beside me.
"Of course, I will. Minwoo is the only one who has time for recently." I smiled in gratefulness and sadness.
I ran a hand gently over his jawline.
I gave his hand one last squeeze and left.
I arrived back at school where Yoseob was waiting for me.
Today, I decided to make nice with him in hope of a bearable couple of hours with him.
"Annyeong." 
"Annyeong, have you thought of anything yet?" He asked.
"Yeah, here, take look at this." I pulled out a notebook.
He flipped it open and scanned the page.
It was the lyrics I wrote down the night before.
"This is pretty good." 
"Really? Okay, then we'll just have to finish it because that is all I have so far." I said thankful that he liked it.
"What about the melody? Do you have a way you would like to sing it?" 
"Uhm, yeah, you want to hear it?" I asked awkwardly.
He nodded and watched intently.
For some reason I felt a little nervous. 
Maybe because he was looking at me weirdly?
I started singing the chorus which I have already memorized.
Halfway through, Yoseob seemed to catch the melody and joined in. 
Our blended voices sounded so nice and soothing, almost magical.
Too soon we sang up to where I had written up to.
"It sounds really good. We'll use this then and continue writing the whole song." He said approvingly.
I smiled in success.
He picked up his bag and stood up.
"Eh, wait, where are you going?" I asked.
"You don't want to know." He said.
"Just tell me."
"I'm going to a fight." 
That made me freeze and he used that moment when I was caught off guard.
"Good job today. I guess your voice sounds as pretty as you look." He winked and left shutting the door behind him.
I cursed him and myself inside of my head.
Wait a second...did he just call me pretty?

Feels good to have another chapter up^^
Watch for the next one!
And by the way I'm going on vacation and won't be back for another four days...
LONGER WAIT FOR YOU GUISE :D 
Sorry ;_;