Therapy Session

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince 
 
 
 
Chapter 86 : Therapy Session
 
 
 
Your POV:
 
 
 
I didn't go to school the next day. I couldn't, wouldn't. I didn't see Minwoo either. It was the first time that I had ever skipped school and it gave me a sort of thrilling feeling. 
 
After what Yoseob said yesterday, there was no way I could face him and for the first time, I just didn't want to see Minwoo. He had been concerned when I told him that he didn't need to pick me up and that I would just be going straight to work. He knew that something was wrong and I know that he knows that I have been bothered this whole week. No action was taken yet though.
 
It was almost time to leave for work, but I was still deciding if I should go or not. I didn't really want to see anybody, I just wanted to curl up in a ball and be alone, alone, alone. Then I sighed knowing that I shouldn't just skip without a legitimate reason. The kids' parents were paying for their lessons. Just a few hours there and I could come home and be as alone as I wanted.
 
I got ready quickly and was out the door before 2 o'clock so that when school was let out for the weekend, I wouldn't run into anyone I knew. I rode the bus all the way to the bus stop nearest to the store. When I walked in, Sungwoong's mom was surprised that I was so early, but welcomed me in. 
 
"Sungwoong is still at school, but you're free to rest until he comes." She had said then went off to help a customer who was looking a some electric guitars. I thanked her and went into the room I held my lessons in. In an effort to make myself feel better, I began to play the most soothing sounding songs that I could think of until Sungwoong came. 
 
He came in without me noticing and closed the door softly behind him. He had listened for a while, but eventually plopped onto the bench beside me.
 
"Now I'm not sure what that sounds like, but it's just really...busy." He said, causing me to loose my flow and hit many wrong notes. "Oh, hi, Sungwoong. I was just...I don't know." I sighed.
 
"Let me take a wild guess. It's Yoseob again!" I groaned. "How is it that he's always the source of my problems?" "Want to talk about it?" He asked. "Are you sure you want to hear about it?" I indirectly warned him. "I'm sure it's as bad as you are suggesting, but go ahead." He smiled encouragingly.
 
I told him about the last week, the kisses, his confessions and everything that I felt as best as I could explain it. He was a good listener and nodded in seemingly understanding. When I was done, I should've felt better now that I shared what I was feeling, but I only felt frustrated.
 
"What about Yoseob? He already told you how he feels about you. How do you feel about him?" Sungwoong asked, his gaze telling me that he had a point to it. "I'm...I'm with Minwoo..." I answered unsurely, not knowing where he was going with it.
 
He snapped his fingers loudly. "Exactly, but that's not what I'm asking. That fact that you're using Minwoo as an excuse tells me something different." 
 
"Like what? He's my boyfriend and I won't cheat on him. I don't know what else I could be telling you." I said, wishing he would just get to the point. "Okay, okay. How about a different question? How do you feel about Minwoo?" Sungwoong tried again. I thought about it. "Minwoo is very thoughtful and sweet and he takes care of me really well. He's done so much for me that I can't repay, but I try my best to do so in any way I can." 
 
"There. Right there. That last sentence you said. It sounds like you are only dating him because it you feel like it would be repaying him for everything that he's done for you, not because you love him." He used my words as evidence against me. "W-well, I can see how you can think like that, but-" I was cut off. "But, because he's done so much for you, you don't want to upset him in anyway, hence, pushing away Yoseob and his feelings despite what you feel." I gaped at him. "That's absurd. I push him away because he hurt me and I don't like him anymore." He tsked and shook his head. "Okay, fine. Just listen to this because this is how it seems to be by how you're telling me." I sighed and nodded. "Since last year, you had feelings for Yoseob, but he hurt you by rejecting you in a harsh way and that was when Minwoo came to comfort you. When you accepted to be his girlfriend, it wasn't because your feelings had changed, it was because you thought that by dating him, it would somehow erase the pain Yoseob caused. Fast forwarding to now, you told me that when he confessed to you and kissed you, you pushed him away. Why? Because you were afraid of being hurt again. You went back to Minwoo thinking that being with him would be safe for you and all of those feelings of cheating that you get even though you weren't cheating in the least were because you feel like you will betray him and everything he had given you. You see, you're not afraid that when he sees you with Yoseob he'll break up with you, but because you just don't want to hurt him, understand?" The large breath he used to explain my whole situation was finally let go. 
 
My eyes darted from place to place, refusing to stay fixed on one spot for more than half a second. "N-no..." I shook my head in complete denial. Sungwoong stopped my shaking by placing firm hands on my shoulders making my eyes focus on his. "Don't deny it. You know what I said is true." His gaze was hard, prompting me to accept, understand.
 
I knew it deep down inside that what he said was the truth, but it was too hard to accept. "Sometimes someone has to sacrifice in order for others to be happy. In this case, Minwoo would have to give you up, but for you, sometimes you just have to be selfish and not be scared. Love is all about taking risks and chances." He said softly. I took everything that he said in and finally I nodded. "Okay...okay." 
 
He smiled and let go of me. "Now, you don't need me to tell you what you need to do, do I?" With a weak smile, I shook my head. "Although, it's going to be hard." It faded and I sighed. "It's not that I don't want to be with Minwoo. He's everything I could ask for and more. He's just..." 
 
"Not the one you are in love with." Sungwoong finished for me and I silently agreed. "I understand, it's okay, but for now, don't think about it. Don't think about any of it. Not until tomorrow." 
 
I laughed lightly despite the situation. "You know, you're really good at this. You should consider becoming a therapist or a counsellor." I said that sincerely. "I guess I'll think about it. It's about time for you to start your lessons. I'll get Eunji for you." He pat my hand a couple times then left me alone.
 
It was a nice few seconds of reflection before a bouncing ball of energy came bursting in. "HEEEEELLOOOOO!!!" She greeted loudly, jumping up to her spot beside me. "Hi, Eunji-ah. How are you doing today?" I asked, slightly bending down to her level. "I drew an angel today. He's very pwetty." She answered putting emphasis on pwetty. "Wow. I bet that you drew him really handsome." She nodded like an over-excited bobble head. "But I didn't like waiting for you and Oppa to finish talking. He was taking too long!" I looked at her in surprise. That means that he knew something was wrong even before he came in. "Sorry. Why don't we start, hmm?" "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!" She squealed. 
 
It was funny at how much I was at peace now that I finally accepted the truth.
 

So so sorry that this update took so long. I just wrote this quickly and I haven't even proofread it. Sorry ;-; I'm really busy so I don't know when the next update will be. Anyway, 'til next time!