Yoseob = Cold, Minwoo = Cute

The Warrior Ice Prince

The Warrior Ice Prince

 
(B1A4 - Sky)
 
Chapter 23 : Yoseob = Cold, Minwoo = Cute
 
Your POV:
 
Somehow I managed to sleep, but it was dreamless and I didn't feel rested at all so when Mir came to wake me up in the morning, I was a little more then cranky.
"_____-ah, wake up. You have to get ready for school." 
I frowned with my eyes still shut tightly.
"_____." He calls again.
I groan in response.
"Come on, get up. You don't want to be late do you?" Mir moves so that he is crouching beside the side of my bed.
I don't want to be late, but I don't want to see Yoseob. At the same time I do.
"Oppa says to wake up~ Oppa says to wake up~ His baby sister will listen to him, won't she? Wake up~ Wake up~ Wake up~!" 
I can't help but crack a smile. Mir hasn't used his aegyo to wake me up since we were kids.
After sometime of Mir's pleading, aegyo and anything else he could think of, I finally get up.
I do my usual morning things and pick out an outfit to wear.
When I finally pick something, I put it on and look at my reflection.
I realise that I was wearing clothes that I wouldn't usually wear on normal occasions.
I looked prettier, cuter, in that outfit.
I realise what I'm doing and I smile embarrassingly to myself.
I had unconsciously chosen something that would make me more visually appealing.
For Yoseob.
My smile grows and I giggle like a little girl.
"_____! Hurry up! Breakfast is getting cold!" Mir calls.
I take a deep breath and try to keep my emotions under control.
"Well someone looks cute today." I am told when I walk into the room.
"Do I?" I stifle my smile, lock it up inside.
"Do you want a ride? I can drive you today."
"Sure. Thanks, Oppa." I start munching on my food.
 
"Have a good day." Mir waves from the rolled down window of his car.
"You, too!" I smile and wave and he takes off to work.
I swallow my saliva and turn to face the school. 
One step at a time, I force each foot to keep going forward.
I wondered how today was going to be like if I was all...giggley at home when Yoseob wasn't even anywhere close.
Just speaking his name in my mind did a number on me.
Blessedly, or maybe cursedly, I go through the whole day without seeing or bumping into Yoseob.
Practice with my class went well and it was really surprising how good we were when we had only started the whole thing yesterday.
I felt a giddy nervousness as I made my way toward our temporary practice room.
Suddenly I hesitate, frozen in my spot and I think that maybe I should just leave.
We still needed to practice though...
Biting my lip, I decide to go before I could change my mind.
"Yah, _____, took you long enough to get here." Yoseob says when I walk in.
"Sorry..." I mutter and slide my bag to the floor.
"I asked Songsangnim if we could use the stage for practice today. He said it was okay so we're moving there."
Afraid to speak, I just silently pick up my bag again and everything else I needed.
With all of his stuff, he leads the way to one of the smaller auditoriums. There were a few small ones, a slightly bigger one and the main one, used for the real performances and assemblies.
He opened the door and it revealed two sections of chairs, rows and rows leading all the way to a stage with the curtains drawn and a single light lighting up the centre.
"I'll set up the music and lights. Just go put our stuff backstage." Yoseob says to me and I hurry away.
While I am taking out some things from both of our bags I see another spot light appear beside the first one.
I go to the storage room and search for two microphones, then go to a control panel on the wall and unlock it.
Turning one microphone on, I flick a switch on the panel and a small red light appears.
"Testing." I say into the first microphone and it works, so I move on to the second mic and do the same with that one.
Yoseob meets me on stage and inspects his lighting job.
I hand him the mic in my right hand.
Without thanking me, he just presses a button on a small remote to test the music.
I hear the final product of the music that we had recorded beforehand.
It sounds good.
"All right, you ready?" Yoseob asks me through his mic.
I nod and he starts the music from the beginning.
At first, my voice cracks a little and I sing softly, but I slowly gain confidence and sing normally.
By time it gets to the chorus, I sing passionately, strong and with all of the feelings in the melody and lyrics.
Our voices blend together beautifully, magically.
If there were people listening to us right now they would be put under a spell.
I, myself feel like I'm in a trance. 
Yoseob's enthralling voice makes the world slip away.
There is a high note just before the song ends that I keep messing up on, but this time, I hit all of the points perfectly.
"...because, don't you know? I'm in love with you." I sing the last line.
The music fades out and it's silent again, but the feelings hadn't left.
We're both panting a little.
"That was good. But we need to work on our stage business. It will be boring if we just stand in one spot and we need to discuss on how we should have the lighting."
I nod again, unable to speak.
For the next three hours, we are practising the song and rehearsing our stage.
During breaks, we are talking about the lighting.
At the end of our practice session, I find a water bottle in my bag and down it all in one go.
Yoseob returns from turning everything off and walks up to me casually with his bag over his shoulder and his hand in his pocket.
My eyes dart at him and away again as I swallow the last couple of gulps of water.
Yoseob moves so that he's beside me and crouches.
"Hey. Is something wrong? You're really quiet today. Is it about you're parents?" He asked softly.
I freeze for a moment before taking the empty bottle away from my lips and returning it to my bag.
"The only thing you can do is except it. But never forget. Never ever forget." Yoseob my head a few times and tucks my hair behind my ear.
This simple act of comfort makes all of the fluttery things in my stomach to stir.
The thing was, all of those sad feelings my parents have left behind seemed to have almost...vanished.
I can sort of feel it still there, buried deep somewhere inside of me, like a sleeping creature that would have to wake up every once in a while, but most of the time I didn't even feel it's presence.
I smile. The best one I can conjure up and try to keep from grinning too much.
"Thanks, but...that's not what's bothering me. It's something that I just found out from a long time ago and...I don't know how to deal with it yet."
"Oh? What is it then?" He asks with a curious look in his soft brown eyes.
My own eyes widen at his question, but I'm quick to remain in control.
"Ah, it's nothing. It's something I have to take care for myself. Don't worry." I smile again, hoping it looked reassuring.
"Maybe I can help you with your problem." Yoseob says in a stubborn, determined tone.
I can't help but laugh.
"What?" He blinks completely clueless.
"It's nothing, don't worry about it, okay?" I chuckle a little bit.
"Fine." He pouts and it's so cute.
"Don't use aegyo on me! It's so weird. Ugh, it gives me shivers." I smile and pretend to shiver.
Yoseob suddenly stands up looking in another direction.
My smile fades in a flash.
"What is it?" I ask.
"Go home. Don't forget to come to practice tomorrow." Without even glancing my way he walks out, leaving a chill in the room that really does make me shiver.
Surprised and saddened by his sudden change of temperature I leave too, confused.
Return of the Ice Prince?, I ask myself sadly.
 
I forget about what happened the last few moments I was with Yoseob and remember everything before it.
Unconsciously, another smile spreads across my face.
"Noona! Noona! _____ noona!" A familiar voice calls.
I look up and see Minwoo waving at me from the front gate.
"Minwoo, did you wait for me here since school ended?" I asked.
"Eheh...yeah."
 He responds rubbing the back of his neck.
"But it's okay! It didn't feel like I waited at all." He beams at me and offers to carry my things.
"No, it's okay Minwoo, I can carry my stuff by myse..." 
He already has my books and my bag before I can even finish.
"Pretty girls shouldn't have to carry anything!" He declares.
"You look really cute today by the way." He says shyly afterwards.
"Thanks, Minnie." I ruffle his hair.
Only Yoseob doesn't think so.
"Noona! Lets go~!" Minwoo cutely points upward into the sky and pulls me along.
"Wait, what? Where are we going?" I ask.
"I haven't been around a lot, I'm sorry. I miss you, _____ noona." He pouts.
"Let's go somewhere."
"All right, but first, can we go to my house so I can drop off my stuff and tell Mir oppa I'll be back later?" 
"Let's go~!" He says again with the same motion, but turns in the opposite direction.
He stomps off, like a soldier, but he almost trips.
Once he regains balance he turns around and walks backwards smiling in embarrassment.
I chuckle and follow suit.