Y VS M

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince

 
 
 
Chapter 80 : Y VS M
 
 
 
Your POV:
 
 
 
The next morning, I was surprised to find Minwoo at the door with his school uniform and backpack on, carrying a packed breakfast.
 
I had only woken up only fifteen minutes before and didn't even had any time to change, so I stood there in front of the opened door in my pajamas.
 
"Morning, Noona! I have breakfast for you." He greeted happily as usual.
 
"It's so early. Why did you come?" I asked, but let him in nonetheless.
 
"I already told you, I'm here to give you breakfast silly." He smiled and patted my cheek.
 
He hadn't brought me breakfast since the winter break.
 
Mir was stumbling down the stairs looking absolutely groggy.
 
"Hey, Minwoo-ah. Good morning, baby girl." Was what he said before dropping onto the couch and falling asleep on it.
 
Minwoo and I went to the kitchen and ate the breakfast that he brought, then dropped me off at the front gates of my university.
 
"I'm coming at lunch too, so meet me here okay?!" Minwoo said, waving.
 
"You should use your lunch break with your friends." I called back.
 
"I'll be here, so don't bother trying to change my mind!" He smiled, blew me a kiss then skipped away to his school.
 
I smiled and shook my head.
 
I turned around and walked a few steps only to have Yoseob come and take my bag.
 
He began leading me to my class.
 
He no longer had to ask what class I had because he memorized my whole schedule.
 
"Hello to you to." I said sarcastically.
 
"What do you want for lunch? I'll let you have whatever you want." He said with no smile, but I saw the relaxed warmth on his face.
 
I looked at him in surprise. 
 
He usually got me coffees, maybe a muffin or some other kind of sweet snack, but this was the first time he was offering to buy whatever I wanted.
 
"What?" 
 
"I said that you can whatever you want for lunch today. We'll go where ever you want." He cleared his throat and looked away.
 
I was okay with the treats and coffee, but this was a bit much...
 
"We can eat here on campus, it's no big deal." 
 
He stopped, leaning down to my level and looking at me with wide eyes.
 
"Are you sure? There's nothing else you want?" He asked.
 
I moved my face away from his because he was too close and nodded.
 
"I don't want to go anywhere anyway." I said, hoping he'd drop it.
 
After staring at my face for another few seconds, he faced forward again and continued escorting me to my class.
 
I shook my head.
 
I had a feeling it wasn't going to be just a regular day.
 
 
 
Turns out, I was right. 
 
My day was just going to get weirder because I found Yoseob waiting for me where I usually sat with a boxed lunch that could be bought at the cafeteria.
 
"_____! Come, I brought you lunch." He came up to me and led me to the table with a hand on my back, completely disregarding the person behind me.
 
Yoseob took my bag as usual and pulled out the chair for me.
 
As I sat, my guest came up to us and loudly cleared his throat.
 
"Excuse me, but that's my girlfriend you're stealing. We were supposed to eat lunch together." 
 
Yoseob's expression turned into the annoyed one.
 
 
 
The one place were he shouldn't have to deal with Minwoo and there he was.
They both remembered about yesterday and they weren't about to be one-uped by each other.
 
 
 
"Noona, I saved my lunch so that we can eat it together. We should go somewhere else where there won't be pests to bother us." He smiled innocently.
 
"Well, uh..." 
 
"I have a better lunch. It's more delicious and healthy." Yoseob cut in, opening up the container to reveal it's contents.
 
It did look pretty yummy.
 
"But I made mine myself! Straight from the heart!" Minwoo protested.
 
"You guys, I have my own lu
 
"Here, try it!" Both boys got out chopsticks and shoved rice in my mouth.
 
I was forced to chew and swallowed quickly.
 
"I—"
 
"Is it good?" They asked simultaneously and gazed at me with expectant looks on their faces.
 
"Tastes great, but I'd really like to eat my own lunch."
 
They responded negatively and insisted that I eat their food.
 
I ended up spending the lunch break being fed by Yoseob and Minwoo.
 
After finishing half of both of their lunches, I told them that I was full and really couldn't eat anymore, but they wouldn't let me move until I finished it all.
 
I swore that my stomach was going to explode from being overly full.
 
Soon, it was time for Minwoo to go back to his school.
 
He was extremely reluctant, but made a big show of leaving by giving me lots of skinship.
 
He held my hands, smiling and kissing my cheeks, ruffling my hair and hugging me.
 
I was dizzy from it all (mostly the food) and was slightly relieved to see him leaving until I remembered Yoseob who dragged me off to my next class, practically on my hand and foot.
 
I bet that he would have even carried me there if I hadn't made it clear that I was fine.
 
"Should I skip my class and stay here with you?" He asked before letting me go into the room.
 
"Are you crazy? Just go. What would I need you here for?" I shook my head and waved him away.
 
Without looking his way, I went in.
 
"Yah! I'll be here after class, araso?" He called.
 
I didn't know why he needed to tell me when we both knew that he would be there by time class ended.
 
I sighed, taking a seat in one of the front rows and began to take out my things.
 
 
 
You can guess how the rest of my day went. 
 
I was finally free once I was through the front door to my home. 
 
I literally had to push the both of them out of the way so I could close it and lock them out.
 
"Go home you crazies! I promise I'll be fine IN MY OWN HOUSE THANK YOU VERY MUCH!" I yelled, back pressed to the piece of wood that separated me from the outside.
 
"Aww, but Noona!" Minwoo complained.
 
"Let us in!" Yoseob banged his fist, causing me to feel the tremors that was produced.
 
"Bye!" I yelled once more and left so I didn't have to hear anymore of their protests.
 
Running up the steps, I went into my room and opened the curtain to see if they were going to leave.
 
After calling after me some more, they seemed to give up and walked off the property together, shoving each other.
 
Once they were gone, I closed the curtain again, shaking my head and sighing.
 
What was up with them? 
 
They were acting so competitive and were fighting a lot.
 
Not that they were fighting that seriously, or else I would really have to put a stop it.
 
It seemed like they were having some sort of contest or something.
 
Ugh, guys and they're manly pride.
 
Can't they just settle whatever needs to be settled without bugging me? 
 
Unable to figure out what they were up to and gaining a drumming in my head, I got into my bed and snuggled into my blanket and pillows.
 
A nap wouldn't hurt. 
 
In fact, I really needed one.
 
I needed to sleep this whole tiring day off.
 
After getting comfortable and warm, it wasn't long before I fell asleep.
 
It was around dinner time I was softly woken up by Mir who was home from work for the day.
 
Kimchi stew was on the menu and the two of us ate quietly.
 
"How was your day?" He asked, slurping on the broth.
 
"Don't even...it was so bothersome." I wrinkled up my nose, not even wanting to think about it.
 
"Bothersome? How so?" I gave a disapproving shake of my head when he looked up from his bowl with his cheeks stuffed.
 
"Yoseob and Minwoo...they're having some kind of competition I don't know about and they had to put me in the middle of it." I explained.
 
"I made this really spicy this time, didn't I?" Mir picked up his glass and drank half the water that was in it.
 
"A competition, hey? What kind?" 
 
"They seem to be trying to be better then each other. In everything. So I can't really pinpoint what exactly they're trying to get out of it." I said, thinking back to lunch.
 
"Hm, that's interesting. Don't let them bother you to much. I bet that everything will be better tomorrow." He replied.
 
"I guess..." I was skeptical and for a good reason.
 
If anything, the next day was even worse.
 
Both showed up at my house early in the morning, Minwoo first with breakfast then Yoseob to take me to school.
 
The three of us ended up walking together.
 
Minwoo held my hand as we walked and both of them talked to me to try and get my attention, but they said things at the same time.
 
There was no way I could listen to them both at the same time.
 
Eventually I got tired of listening to them blabber and made them shut up.
 
"Stop you guys, just stop! I won't be able to hear by time I get to class." I stuck a finger in my ear to try to get my hearing back.
 
"Then don't listen to him! Just listen to me!" They said in unison.
 
They started arguing about that.
 
"Stop it right now or else I'll...I'll just go home and take the day off!" I exclaimed.
 
Yoseob and Minwoo looked at me for a moment before bursting into laughter.
 
I stared at them shocked.
 
"You don't believe me? I'm not kidding. I'll even ask Oppa to not go to work too." I promptly spun around and walked back to where we came from.
 
When they realised I wasn't bluffing, they came after me, apologies and promises to behave spilling out of their mouths.
 
"No no no. You absolutely can't skip! I'm sorry, Noona. I'll be quiet, so let's go, huh?" Minwoo pulled on my arm.
 
"I'm sorry too! I won't talk anymore too!" Yoseob cut in and grabbed my other arm.
 
"Promise?" I asked seriously.
 
They nodded and motioned me to come.
 
I made them walk behind me so they wouldn't bother me, but Minwoo still held my hand and Yoseob took my bag as usual.
 
It was silent for a few blissful minutes, but soon they began arguing with each other, breaking their promise.
 
I only rolled my eyes, walking faster hoping to escape the sound.
 
I didn't get far before they noticed I was gone and hurried to catch up.
 
For the rest of the walk to school, all I did was go quickly with my hands curled up in tight fists wishing that we would reach there faster.
 
"Lunch time, all right? Lunch time!" Minwoo called as Yoseob pushed him away, in a hurry to get rid of him.
 
Once he was gone, Yoseob came running back and escorted me to class.
 
I heaved out a breath.
 
Finally. Silence.
 
We walked side by side without any words while I said hello to a few friends here and there.
 
He just stayed anti-social and acted as if they weren't there.
 
After reaching the room, Yoseob opened the door for me and gave me back my bag.
 
"Wait here once class is over. I'll come for you." He said.
 
I was about to go in and forget about the morning for a little while when I stopped and faced him.
 
"Why do you do all of these things for me? Like carrying my bag and opening doors for me?" I asked.
 
"Well, uh..." I waited for him to continue, but he didn't so I spoke again.
 
"What are you and Minwoo doing? Arguing with each other and competing...and why am I involved? Am I like the judge or referee or something?" I looked up at him curiously, truly puzzled about what was going on.
 
Yoseob didn't say anything and just stared.
 
I waited again for a response.
 
I waited until the bell rung and I really needed to go to class.
 
Sighing, I turned back around and went in without another word.
 
 
 
The rest of the day?
 
More arguing.
 
More fighting.
 
More noisiness.
 
More annoyance.
 
More, more, more, more.
 
Sigh.
 
Neither of them would tell me what was going on.
 
I gave up on trying to make them shut up or stop and just let them do whatever it was they were doing.
 
My patience was really being put up to the test and it and made me wonder what I did to deserve this.
 
Since it was Friday, I had work and guess what? 
 
They followed me there too.
 
There was a big argument about Yoseob who wanted to drive me like usual and not wanting to take Minwoo.
 
I'll just let you imagine how that went and say that we all ended up going altogether in his car.
 
Once we arrived, though, they behaved a little more.
 
Probably because Mrs. Kim was there.
 
Minwoo was extremely polite and greeted her with utmost respect.
 
Yoseob...it was just the awkward bow and 'Annyeonghaseyo'...
 
Sungwoong came from the back, blinking a few times at me and my company then said hello.
 
"Hi, _____ noona. I see that someone has come again. And who is this...?" 
 
"I'm No Minwoo, ______'s boyfriend. It's nice to meet you." He smiled and bowed to his hyung.
 
"Ah, I see. It's nice to meet you too. I'm Kim Sungwoong, son of the owner who hired her." They shook hands.
 
They seemed to click right away and began the process of getting to know each other.
 
Yoseob was left alone for a few minutes while they talked.
 
Thank you...
 
"I'm just going to get ready for the lessons then, Mrs. Kim." I bowed and pointed to the room they had specially for my piano lessons with my thumb.
 
"All right! I'll be in the back if you need anything. I'll send Eunji in a few minutes." She went off to the break room where she would probably be.
 
Minwoo came up to me quickly.
 
"Can I come watch you teach?" He asked, eagerly.
 
 
 
There were five bodies, three chairs and an upright piano in the small storage room and it was a little bit cramped.
 
All three boys wanted to join in on the lesson so somehow they ended up sitting in a row beside the door while talking amongst themselves.
 
I specifically asked Sungwoong to sit in between Yoseob and Minwoo so they wouldn't cause trouble.
 
I warned them that if they disturbed my lesson, they would all be murdered in their sleep.
 
"Yes, Teacher." They chorused like the bad students who always got in trouble and sat at the back would.
 
I just shook my head and waited for my real student to come.
 
It was exciting to be a teacher.
 
Eunji burst in like a ball of pure energy, scrambling onto Sungwoong's lap and kissing his cheek.
 
"Aigoo! You gave Oppa a scare. What are you doing here anyways? Go see Unnie." He smiled and pat her head.
 
"Helloooooooooooo, Unnie!" She grinned, after getting off her brother and bouncing onto the bench beside me.
 
"Hello there, Eunji-ah. I see someone's happy today." I beamed at her radiating excitement.
 
"Uh huh. What are we learning today?!" She asked excitedly.
 
"Well, you see this here..." I pointed to the paper that rested on the boards of the piano.
 
 
 
And she began her lesson.
 
The three of them lowered their voices as they talked to each other so they wouldn't bother the girls.
 
"So, Minwoo, how long have you two been dating?" Sungwoong asked.
 
"Just a few days before Christmas." Minwoo answered happily.
 
Yoseob felt a pang of pain, remembering what he had done and how much he regretted it.
 
"I see. You must be very happy." They continued, ignorant to him and what he was feeling.
 
"More than just happy. I may be a little young, but I really do love her." He softened with the genuine feelings that he had.
 
 
 
Sungwoong took in that information, nodding, then looked toward Yoseob for a reaction.
 
He was just sitting quietly and stared at the ground.
 
"So why did _____ make me sit in between the two of you?" He asked.
 
He sort of already knew the answer.
 
Both of them became quiet, not wanting to voice out the reason to him.
 
Sungwoong just smiled knowingly.
 
"Fighting over her, huh? I guess that you're both been bothering her with it as well." 
 
They looked away in response.
 
"She told me what happened you know. Before." He continued. "She was really hurt. And stressed about you, too, Minwoo."
 
"I didn't want her to cry over someone who's not worth it. I loved her so much. I know I was being a little bit selfish to ask her to be in a relationship when she clearly wasn't ready." Minwoo whispered, guiltily.
 
 
 
 
Yoseob didn't bother being defensive about the mean thing that he said about him.
 
It was the truth.
 
He closed his eyes in pain, knowing that Minwoo would probably love _____ better than he ever would.
 
Still...
 
"You may not believe me, but I love her too. Just as much as you. You don't know how much I regretted what I did..." Yoseob trailed off.
 
It was the first time he was revealing his feelings like this.
 
"I'm not backing down just because you said that." Minwoo warned.
 
"I didn't think it was a possibility. Don't worry, I'm ready to fight." Yoseob smiled humorously.
 
"But I think we both agree that we need to stop bugging her." Minwoo laughed lightly.
 
"Agreed. May the best man win." Yoseob held out his hand.
 
He took it, shaking it once firmly.
 
"Well, best of luck to the both of you. I think that I already know who she's going to pick though." Sungwoong rose from his seat.
 
"_____, sorry to bother you, but I have some work to do. I'll see you later." He said and left.
 
"Wait!" Yoseob called for him to come back.
 
"You know who?" Minwoo asked.
 
"Shhht!" _____ turned around, glaring at them to keep quiet.
 
Sitting back into their chairs and folding their hands over their laps, they didn't dare say a word.
 
She turned back around and continued teaching the little girl how to do certain rifts on the piano.
 
They both exhaled and relaxed.
 
Minwoo decided to watch them up close and moved forward while Yoseob stayed where he was.
 
He would have to work hard to earn back her affections and quickly too before Minwoo stole her away far beyond his reach.
 
He sighed forlornly.
 
He let his first and maybe only chance he had slip through his fingers giving Minwoo the advantage, practically paving a path for him in the right direction.
 
The one he wanted to be taking.
 
If only he accepted his feelings sooner.
 
It made Yoseob wonder, what if he didn't reject her?
 
He looked up, watching _____ play the piano and her boyfriend sitting beside her entranced in every little thing that she did.
 
Would have that been him?