He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not....I Love Him, I Love Him Not?

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
(Beast - Dreaming, f(x) - Thrill Love & Taeyeon & Sunny - This Must Be Love)
 
Chapter 22 : He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not....I Love Him, I Love Him Not?
 
Your POV:
 
"_____. _____ wake up." 
I come back to the wake world.
I had been crying in my sleep without knowing it.
I wiped away the streaks of wet on my cheeks away with the sleeve of my shirt.
"What's wrong? Did you dream of my childhood again?"
I nodded.
I told him about everything I saw including the boy that seemed to see me there, watching.
"I never knew that you, your childhood, was anything like that..." I say, completely convinced that he had lived a much worse life then I had.
Compared, mine seemed like nothing, like a bruise. 
His was more like permanent injury, a very painful one that no one could cure or even dull the pain.
"It was easier then it looked like. It's nothing." He says.
"But that one guy...I remember him, but I don't recall his name. He always watched me from afar. When I finally packed up and left was when we first spoke to each other, though. I don't know why he chose that time to finally talk to me. I didn't even know why he cared."
My eyes scan his room, and I wonder how he even got all of this stuff, this house, when I knew that he didn't work.
I pass over a wall clock and realize the time.
"We need to get to school or we'll be late!" I say quickly
I gather my things and rush down the stairs, almost falling in the process.
I hear Yoseob at the top of the stairs, chuckling.
"Don't laugh! I can't be late." I say, hands on my hips and an impatient foot tapping on the carpet.
"Relax. It's fine if you're just a couple minutes late."
He took his sweet time making his way down to the main floor and putting on his jacket.
Finally, we were driving back to school.
I look at the time on my phone and whimper.
"Hurry up. The last bell will ring soon!" I whine and pout.
Yoseob just smiles his heart-stopping bad boy smile and speeds up a little.
I hide my hot face by looking out of the window.
Once Yoseob is parked in his usual spot, I'm out in a flash.
I turn momentarily and wave.
"Thanks for the ride, I'll see you later for practice!"
I continue running all the way to my class.
It was my favourite class, Instrumental Music class.
I burst through the door and find everyone was just setting up.
I sigh, relieved and walk in beside Yonghwa and his friends.
"Hey, _____."
"Hey, Yonghwa Oppa. You guys too." I smile and wave.
I was moved to the advanced class a while ago and now I was in a class filled with sunbaes.
The three other guys behind him waved in greeting back.
I set up my things and started playing a random tune that sounded like heaven to my ears.
Suddenly I hear guitar playing with my music and complimenting each other nicely.
Soon I hear bass and drums too.
I smile and let the beautiful music carry me away.
Soon the whole class joins in and I begin to sing.
Lyrics of an unwritten song flow out smoothly matching the beats and sounds of the instruments perfectly as if we had practised the song countless times.
The professor walks in and stands there watching and listening.
I see a wide smile across his face and before the song is even finished, he is clapping wildly.
"That was amazing, _____!" The guys high fived me.
I received praise from my classmates and the professor.
"Is that an original song?" The teacher asks.
"No, well yes. It sort of just came out." I bite my lip.
"How did you get everyone to collaborate together so perfectly? I've never heard the class play like this before."
"I don't know. It started with me, then everyone just...joined in, I guess." I shrug and fiddle with my harp.
"Do you...do you think you can do it again?"
I look up.
"It's last minute, but maybe you kids can do that for the Half-Year Talent Show. It seems like you guys got it, just a few practises and you'll be good to go."
"But it's on Friday!" I protest.
"I think you all will do well. That's it, I made up my mind. We'll practice _____'s song everyday until the day of the show. Follow _____'s direction and this will be for marks so do well." He says in a loud voice.
He leaves to go get somethings and I'm just sitting there with wide eyes.
"B-but...."
Everyone is looking to me for direction.
I smile sheepishly and think of what to tell them.
"Um, okay first....let's organize ourselves. Drums are good where you are....guitars over there, bass beside them..." I continue, pointing to different parts of the room until everyone is set up so that they were with the same people who played the same instruments.
I sat in the middle so I could see everyone.
 
The school day ended and I was tired out and my throat hurt.
I went to the cafe on campus and ordered some tea to soothe my raw throat.
I was about to pay when another hand pull out some cash and pay before I could.
Looking behind me I find Yoseob standing there.
"Oh, hey. Thanks, but I can buy my own drinks." I say as I am handed a disposable plastic coffee cup.
I bring it to my lips and take big gulps.
It almost burnt my mouth, but my throat already felt better.
"Woah. Slow down there, woman. You could burn your throat." Yoseob says.
"Or choke."
Was that concern that I heard coming out of his mouth hole?
"What will I do if you screw up your vocals just before the show?"
Nope.
I sigh. "I just volunteered by another teacher again. I'll doing another thing with my Advanced Instrumental Music class."
I take another swig of my tea.
"What? How did that happen?"
Finishing my hot beverage, I throw the cup away and tell him what happened.
"Will it affect any of our practice time?" Yoseob asks afterward
"No, we're doing all practices during class."
"Okay good. Let's go, we can't waste any time." 
He started to drag me. Honestly, I was tired out and at that moment, didn't care.
 
During practice, we would break for almost up to ten minutes after going through the song only once.
I kept falling in and out of sleep and messing up the notes on my harp.
"Hey. Maybe we should call it a day, huh?" Yoseob says softly. I startle awake.
"Ah...no we shouldn't, we only have a few days left..." I mumble.
"You can't do anything in that condition."
Point taken.
"But, we have to perfect it so we can record tomorrow." 
"Just go home. It'll be fine."
"No! I mean, just give me a little bit I'll just find somewhere to go take a cat nap." I insist and get up to go find somewhere comfortable to lie.
There were no where for a nap in there, so I walk to the door to find another room.
Yoseob stops me from leaving by grabbing my hand. 
I tense up for a few seconds.
"Sleep here."
"But there is no where to sleep in here."
I face the door again and twist the knob, but there is a tug on my hand and I'm pulled down.
I hit the floor, not so gently. I squeeze my eyes shut to somehow rid of the pain.
"What's that for?" I say.
The pain starts to fade and I open my eyes again.
Yoseob is staring at me with his...stare of his and I feel colour start to surface on my cheeks and I look away.
"I think I make a pretty good mattress." I hear Yoseob say and he pulls me in, just like last time when I cried.
My heartbeat accelerates in my chest and I can't help but like it.
"I'll wake you up in twenty minutes, okay?"
He looks at me with that soft look again and my heart practically melts into really disgusting fleshy goo.
I close my eyes and try not think about his flawless face and give into my body's weariness.
I lie there pretending to sleep for what seems like forever, but suddenly I'm not tired. Or else my body refused to shut down.
But I guess that I did sleep because I woke up to Yoseob's awkward wake up call.
"Twenty minutes is up. Wake up, Princess. I know you need you're beauty sleep, but were running out time."
I slowly open up my eyes and sit up.
"Princess?" I ask while rubbing my eyes.
"High maintenance, whinny, gets everything she wants. Sounds like you, doesn't it?" He asks only half-joking.
"No." I pout and fold my arms.
We are silent for a while and just look at each other.
His facial features never ceased to amazing me.
How could he be so beautiful?
A natural Ulzzang.
Just so beautifully irresistible...
I look away and see that I'm still sitting on Yoseob lap.
Sliding off, I, as naturally as I can, crawl far away from him.
"Thanks for letting me sleep...on you. Let's start from the top."
We practice, but I'm unfocused, absent-minded.
I'm so into the song, sometimes I would forget the song was over or when it was Yoseob's part I would listen so intently I would start late.
"Uh...I think we'll call it a day." Yoseob says after a hour of mistakes by me.
"Sorry...I guess I'm just kinda...I don't know, tired from singing so much today."
"Hopefully you'll be better by tomorrow?" He says it like a question.
"Yeah, I'm sure. I just to take a long break." I say, looking forward to all of the rejuvenating tea Mir oppa would make for me.
"Remember, my house tomorrow for recording." I am reminded.
"Yes, I know. I won't forget. See ya, Ice Prince."
"Are you going to keep calling me that?" 
"You betcha." I smile widely at him and walk out.
 
At home, I was sitting in the kitchen.
Mir handed me my forth cup of hot tea.
"How many trips to the washroom are you going to make tonight?" He asked me with a smile.
"Whatever. This stuff is helping my throat so it doesn't matter."
He just laughs and ruffles my hair.
"I'll make you as much as you need."
That's what I loved about Mir oppa.
He might joke around, but it was only out of love.
"Your coming to watch the show on friday right, oppa?"
"Of course. Wouldn't miss it." He says.
"Oh yeah. I forget to tell you, I'm doing two stages instead of just one." I said, sipping on the still scorching hot liquid.
"Really?" He asks, interested.
I tell him how that came to be and he nods.
"I've never actually heard you sing before. When did you start getting into that?" I think about it and he is right.
I never really sung before.
"I don't know. I guess I just started to like it." I shrug.
"Well that's good for you then. You haven't been interested in anything since mom and dad." I feel his warm smile.
"Anyways, I'm going to bed. See you in the morning, baby girl." He said and ruffles my hair again.
"Sweet dreams, Oppa."
"And the same to you." 
 
The next day, after school, I met up with Yoseob so he could drive me to his house.
He told me that he had a recording studio in his basement.
I found that cool and random.
What would he have a recording studio for?
I waved the question away and he led me down to the basement, which was just as amazing and stylish as the rest of his house.
The plan today was, practice for about an hour, then Yonghwa and his friends were going to come over to record some of the instrumentals since it would take me, us, forever to finish if we did it on our own. 
I thought of the idea the day before and Yoseob was okay with it.
We were in the middle of our first break when my mouth suddenly asked a question without my permission.
"What is your greatest wish?"
"What?" He asked.
"Your greatest wish? Do you have one?"
"Hmm..." Yoseob thinks for a moment.
"You remember how I said I felt like my parents are alive somewhere?"
I nod.
"I want to find them. I want to find them and ask them why they left me at that god-forsaken place all those years ago."
"Is that so...?" I say thinking about my own parents and how much I missed them.
"Do you have something you wish for?" Yoseob asked.
I look at him directly and think.
There is a flash of longing and it's almost unbearable. 
It's gone just as soon as it came.
What was it that I wanted so much?
"I don't know what I want." I say honestly.
"Don't think about it for too long. The opportunity to obtain it may pass." He says.
We continued practising until we heard the doorbell ring.
I went up with Yoseob to open the door.
"Yonghwa oppa! And other oppas! You made it!" I greet them and go over the help them with their equipment.
"Hey there, girl." Yonghwa says.
"Hey, _____." Jonghyun and Jungshin say together.
"Hello again, _____. You don't need to help us with our stuff." Minhyuk smiles and takes all of his stuff in with ease.
"You sure?"
"Yup. Little girls should have to work hard. Thanks though." He said poking my nose.
I giggle.
"Why don't you call me oppa?" Yoseob asked.
I raise an eyebrow.
"You want me to call you oppa?" 
He nods.
"Mmm...no. It sounds weird. I think I'll just call you Ice Prince." I said giggling again.
"Where should we bring all of our things?" Yonghwa asked.
"Down here." Yoseob brings the rest of the guys with him.
I'm last in line behind Minhyuk.
He carries all of his drum equipment easily it actually surprises me.
"Wow, Minhyuk oppa. You're really strong."
"I guess carrying all of this is good for building muscle." He just smiles. 
 
The whole time we were recording, I could tell that Yonghwa and the others were uncomfortable with Yoseob so I felt bad for asking them all to come.
Yoseob was more Ice Princey then usual when they were around.
We completely finished recording late in the night.
I helped everyone pack up and thanked them over and over.
I was almost positive that this was the first time they had even spoken to Yoseob.
"Thanks again for recording with us." I say as they stood in front of the door.
"You can stop thanking us, _____. It was nothing." Jonghyun said, laughing softly.
"I didn't think it would take this long." I said in that same apologetic tone.
"I guess a hug in return won't hurt." Jungshin said.
I gave each of them a hug and on my last one I hear Yoseob say something about helping them get their equipment to their car.
He shoves past me with a couple of bags.
"Jeez, some Ice Prince is grumpy..." 
"Don't worry about him. I feel sorry that you have to work with that." Yonghwa rolls his eyes in Yoseob's direction.
I laugh.
"I'm looking forward to hearing you sing on friday though."
"Come on, it's cold you know." We hear Yoseob yell.
"See ya tomorrow, _____" Jungshin says, chuckling.
He is followed by Jonghyun and Yonghwa.
"Look for me when you're up on stage." Minhyuk is last to leave and winks with his signature smile.
"You need a ride home?" Yoseob asks when he comes back in.
"Nope, Mir oppa should be here any minute." I answer.
Just then, I see his car pull up.
"Night, Ice Prince." I say.
"Bye, _____." He shuts the door after me.
"How'd it go?" Mir asks me when I get into his car.
"Okay. It was more fun with the other guys with us." I say.
"They didn't do anything weird right?" Mir looked serious.
"No, oppa." I laugh.
"Only Yoseob. He was being more Ice Prince today then he usually is."
"Whatever I guess. He'll be better by tomorrow I'm sure." 
"Yeah, I guess so too."
 
That night, I found it hard to sleep.
I kept tossing and turning and my mind just wouldn't quiet down.
I thought about Yoseob's question.
What was my wish?
The feeling of longing that was so strong and passionate made my mind spin in confusion.
Maybe it had something to do with what Sungjong said about the other person I loved.
I knew I didn't like Minwoo...and Yoseob seemed like the only one.
I shook my head hard.
I felt stupid just for thinking such a thing.
I breathed deeply and relaxed.
I decide to try something different.
What do I think of Yoseob?, I ask myself.
He's has really pretty eyes and a well-shaped nose and lips that are just the perfect size and plumpness.
His hair always had that slightly wind swept, messy look that was a really nice.
He's strong and fearless, like a warrior.
We share the same feelings because of our lack of parents.
I liked how soft and nice he was when it came to that topic.
I really really liked it.
Hmm...what else...?
I was happy when he was being nice and his arms were so warm and comforting that I never wanted them to let me go.
Yoseob's smiles, even though they are rare, are worth trying to get.
His guy smell smells so good...it is just so good.
I liked how Yoseob made me sleepover at his house and then again yesterday afternoon and how he paid for my tea and how he had, as Luna would've said if I told her about it, gotten jealous when the other boys were with us to record and how he made my heart beat fast.
I smiled and go ahead of myself.
He seems to care about me and pretends that he doesn't, I love it when he hugs me close and whenever he compliments me. His abs are pure eye candy and I felt so warm when he was around. 
I liked it when he called me Princess that one time too.
Such a beautiful creature who just looks like pretty ice, but is only misunderstood, like the beast in Beauty and the Beast.
Even when the Beast was so mean, Belle still loved him anyways.
Just like how I love...
My eyes shoot open and I sit up.
Just like how I love...him.
I...love...Yoseob?
I think about it over and over to try to find something that would go against it, but the more I think, the stronger and truer my feeling of yearning felt.
I knew that I love Yoseob.
Not only that, but I knew that I loved him for a long time. Ever since we met.
It was love at first sight.
Love at first sight with Yang Yoseob.

I forgot...
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY.
It's probably over where you are though....
Starts in 5 for me though (: