Kim Sunwoong

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

 
Chapter 64 : Kim Sunwoong
 
Your POV:
 
I lowered my eyes reluctant to tell him.
"Is it your boyfriend? Did you fight with him? Did he...break up with you?" 
I looked at him again.
"How do you know I have a boyfriend?" I asked.
"Well, uh, I just...it's what girls are usually sad about right? I mean..." He helplessly rubbed the back of his head.
I cracked a smile.
"No, I didn't fight with my boyfriend or anything like that, it's just..." I trailed off.
"You don't have to tell me. I mean, I'm sorry I asked. It's really none of my business..." He timidly backed away.
"It's okay. I just saw the guy I used to like today and I can't seem to get him out of my head." I hit my temple a couple times before letting my hand fall.
"Well, you're doing what I would do when I have things on my mind. Playing the piano is a great way to distract yourself." He tried to sound helpful, but he didn't believe it sounded helpful to himself at all.
I smiled.
"I agree, Sunwoong-sshi. I really like to play the piano too." 
"Really? Want to hear me play?" He asked happily.
I nodded and scooted over to make room for him.
"What do you want me to play for you?" He asked.
Before I could answer, he talked again.
"I know! I'll play you something happy to make you feel better!" With that his eyes drooped closed and a cheerful melody flowed all around the store.
I recognised the song. 
It was a duet piece and he was playing the first half.
I placed my fingers in the correct places and played the happy tune with him.
He turned to me and smiled.
The song ended with a final little ting.
"I really like to play that song...did it cheer you up?" Sunwoong asked.
I smiled and nodded, actually feeling better.
"Do you know how to play any other instruments?" 
"Mmm..." I thought about it.
"I play a little bit of guitar, harp, cello, a bit of drums, violin, bass...mostly string instruments, but there are still more that I want to learn." 
"Wow, you can play that many?" His shocked expression was cute.
"I can only play the piano and guitar..." He pouted.
I giggled.
His expressions were so comical and amusing.
"But I'm really good at guitar! You want to hear me play?" He asked switching from his pouty face to his enthusiastic face.
I would say that he was a happily bipolar boy.
I laughed again and said yes.
"Okay! Wait here a moment please!" He took off into the back room with so much speed, he almost tripped at the counter which caused more laughter from me.
Sunwoong was really funny.
He came back in less then a few seconds with an acoustic guitar.
Sunwoong walked toward me this time.
He plopped down beside me, his back facing the piano and held the guitar that was ready to be played.
"Do you know the song 'I'm Yours'?"
"Yeah, by Jason Mraz, right?"
"I'll play that song for you."
Sunwoong strummed a few warm up notes before the familiar tune started to play.
He started to sing the lyrics and I was impressed by his English.
He was a really good singer too.
When he finished, I clapped for him.
"Your English is really good." I praised.
"My dad was American so I learned it since I was young." He explained.
"Oh." My English was okay. I could hold small conversations.
I back tracked for a second.
"Wait. Was?" I asked.
"He's, uh, not here anymore." He said.
I had that familiar sick feeling that was filled with sadness and emptiness.
"As in...dead?" I asked.
He sighed.
"Yeah....when I was little. Cancer strikes again!" He made a poor attempt of a joke.
I felt so much hurt for him and for me.
"Do you know how to sing? Do you know Jason Mraz's other song, 'Lucky'?" Sunwoong hurriedly changed the subject.
"Ne." 
"Do you want to sing it with me?" 
I nodded and we ended the sad atmosphere with it.
"Wow, _____-sshi, you sing really well. You can play many different instruments, sing...what can't you do?" He complemented after we sang a few songs together.
"To be honest...I can't really dance." I said.
"Even if that's so...why do I still think that you'd do better then me?" 
"No way! My boyfriend's an awesome dancer though so he makes up for my lack of dance." I offer a gentle smile.
My phone started vibrating in my pocket and playing Mir's ringtone.
"Excuse me." I say politely and pull it out and put it to my ear.
"Hello? Ne, Oppa." 
"_____, where are you? It's almost dinner time! And you promised that you'd call first if you were going to go out and do something! Are you trying to make me worried?!" Mir's angry voice was too load so I had to move my phone any from my ear.
I winced as he kept yelling and when he finally stopped I could have my hearing back.
"Sorry, Oppa. I just went...shopping. I'll come home now so calm down. I'll be there in fifteen minutes." 
"Hurry up or I won't let you in."
"You babo, I have my own key!"
"Yeah, yeah, hurry up, okay? Remember not to take candy from strangers!" 
I rolled my eyes.
"See you soon."
I hung up and put my phone back in my pocket while sighing.
"Older brother?" Sunwoong asked.
His expression was amused.
I smiled sheepishly and nodded.
"Too over-protective sometimes."
"I guess I'll see you then. Don't wanna upset your brother more." 
"Yeah, thank you for letting me play your piano and cheering me up." I stood up with my bag and bowed.
"It's no problem. Get home safe." He gave me one last smile.
"It was nice to meet you, Sunwoong-sshi."
"Same here."
I closed the cover over the keys on the piano and walked to the exit.
As I opened the glass door, the bells at the top jingled merrily.
"_____-sshi."
I turned to Sunwoong again.
"Come play the piano whenever you're feeling down, okay?" He said.
"Ne, kamsamnida." I bowed again and walked out of the store.