Duet Composing

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
(SHINee - Love's Way) Right click into new tab! :)
 
Chapter 11 : Duet Composing
 
Your POV:
 
The next day, I was still sick, but was well enough to go to school.
Convincing Mir to let me go was difficult though.
I still felt extremely tired and that was the only symptom left of my fever.
I was driven to school and told that I would also get picked up by Mir.
He also said that I could go home for lunch if I felt sick or something.
I shooed him away and told him that I would be fine.
I got over sicknesses quickly.
The moment I set foot into the grounds, I was enveloped into a hug by Luna.
"_____-ah, what are you doing at school? Are you not sick anymore?" 
"I'm fine, Luna. Aish, sometimes you can be just like Oppa." I stuck my tongue out.
"Okay, okay, just call me if you start feeling sick, all right?" Luna said.
"Okay."
Sungjong came up.
"_____-ah, how are you feeling?" 
"Tired, but a lot better." I answered.
He grabbed my hand and gently held it.
"We should go out then. Since you're feeling better." Sungjong smiled.
I blushed and smiled back shyly.
"Yah! What are you doing here? Aren't you sick?" I was suddenly turned around and now facing Yoseob.
I let go of Sungjong's hand.
"I'm here for school." I said already annoyed by his appearance.
"You haven't fully recovered right?" He asked.
"I'm going to class. Luna, Sungjong I'll see you later." I sighed and walked past Yoseob with my arms folded across my chest.
I decided to take the class that specializes in musical instruments.
My schedule was changed quickly and I already would be attending to my first class that day.
I was unlucky and arrived late.
I knocked firmly onto the door.
"Ah, you must be Park _____. Come in and introduce yourself." The teacher opened the door and instructed me.
I walked in and became surprised. It was a pretty big class.
Maybe about fifty students were there.
I realized I was staring and quickly introduced myself.
"Hello, everyone, my name is Park_____. Please treat me well." I bowed politely.
I quietly walked to an empty seat. Halfway there, I tripped over some guy's cello.
Blushing in embarrassment, I sat down and fanned my hot face.
During the class, I tried a variety of instruments. The violin, harp, guitar, gayaguem, drums and flute.
The teacher paired me up with a different person for each instrument I tried to play.
For the guitar, I was paired up with a guy named Jung Yonghwa. For the drums, my partner was a guy named Kang Minhyuk and the gayaguem I was roughly taught by a really nice girl named Park Shin Hye.
The other people that I was paired up with, I couldn't remember their names.
They all said that I learned quickly and I liked trying those instruments for the first time.
For the next couple of weeks, I continued to take that class. I really liked the piano, harp, and violin and continued to learn how to play them.
A month later, I was became very good at playing those three instruments. We were having a test and I was tested on the piano the first day, violin the second day and harp the third.
I finished each test and the next day the teacher came to me.
"Congratulations, _____, you got one hundred percent on all of your tests." She said.
"Really? That's great!" I smiled.
"You are one of the most gifted and fantastic students I have ever met. I really don't want your talents to go to waste. So, I want you to participate in the half-year performance that we have every year for students to show off their talents."
"That would be fun." I said.
"Okay, I'll give you this and next week you can sign up for it." She gave me a flyer that advertised the Half-Year Talent Show.
"Yes, I'll do my best!" I beamed at her.
I was practicing after school by myself in a vacant room. Out of no where someone came in.
"What do you want? I thought I told you not to bother me anymore." I glared at Yoseob who entered coolly.
He actually hadn't been bugging me since we came back from the trip like he promised, but I had a nagging feeling.
"Aww, look, Park _____ missed me." He teased me out of no where. His favorite way to greet me...
I sighed in annoyance.
He put down his bag and sat beside me.
I tried to just ignore him and start practicing again.
"You play really well." He complemented. 
I didn't acknowledge him assuming he was just trying to bug me some more.
He poked my shoulder. "What are you doing here, Yang Yoseob." I asked again unable to concentrate.
"Are you saying I can't be here?"
"I thought I told you not to bother me. You promised that if I took you on our vacation then you would leave me alone." I tried to make him recall.
"I remember, but I was asked to come and wait here." He replied.
"By who?" I asked curiously.
"It was us, _____." 
At the door, the vocal teacher and my musical instruments teacher stood side by side.
"Oh, Annyeonghaseyo, seonsaengnims, what are you doing here?" I asked.
"We have something to tell you two." The vocal teacher said.
"You both have beautiful voices and are talented in singing."
"And _____, ever since you joined my class, you have already learned how to play three different instruments! You are the most talented musician I have ever taught." The musical instruments teacher said in awe.
"We want you to compose a song together and perform it at the Half-Year Talent Show!"
"What!?" Yoseob and I exclaimed.
"That's right! We were talking about it and we decided that we wanted you to perform a duet. We didn't want your talents to go to waste." 
"We can just perform separately then, right? There isn't any reason for us to do it together." I protested.
"We thought that you two could work together really well. I'm sure the two of you composing a song won't be too hard?" The vocal teacher sat in front of us.
"Well, I don't think so, but-"
"Then it's final, we'll be expecting a great performance between you two." She had that strict, I'm-done-talking-about-this tone of voice that teachers sometimes used.
All I could do was sigh and nod obediently.
"Well, this is going to be interesting..." I muttered.