JEAL-OUS-Y

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

 

 

Chapter 77 JEAL-OUS-Y

 

 

 

Your POV:

 

 

 

 

For the rest of the day, Yoseob showed up at random times, silently taking my bag and carrying it for me.

 

Each time he came, I remembered the chocolate I had for him.

 

I wanted to give it to him, but I always ended up deciding not to.

 

At last, it was the end of the day and the beginning of the weekend, except that I had work first.

 

Once again Yoseob found me and told, I mean ordered me to wait outside of the gates for him so he could get his car.

 

"I still don't know why you want to come with me." I folded my arms, hoping for some kind of answer, but I didn't get one.

 

"I'll be there in five minutes." He said quietly, but firmly and walked away.

 

I sighed, but went to the gate to wait for him like he asked.

 

As promised, he arrived quickly and drove us down the busy streets.

 

Once we got there, I went to say hello to Mrs. Kim and Sungwoong.

 

 

 

Yoseob just followed her into the store as she called out to her boss.

 

"Mrs. Kim! I'm here."

 

"_____, how are you?" She gave a motherly smile.

 

"I'm great, thank you. Oh! I have something for you." _____ reached into her gift bag once again and gave her the chocolate she made.

 

"Happy Valentine's Day!" She said cheerfully.

 

"Omo, did you make this? These look so good! I can't wait to try them." Mrs. Kim gushed on, praising her excessively.

 

"These are just magnificent! Did you give any to a special boy?" 

 

"Aniya! Unless you count Oppa. I haven't seen my boyfriend yet today." _____ pinked shyly.

 

Yoseob's heart skipped at it.

 

Damn, it was the first time he found something so cute.

 

"Aigoo, he should be taking you out. It's Valentine's Day for Pete's sake!" She tsked disapprovingly.

 

"I guess we should hurry and get things done around here so you can have time to see him."

 

That was strange.

 

Usually that kid would be bouncing up and down and stuck to her side.

 

Yoseob wondered about what was going on.

 

Ah, who cares. It's better if he's not here anyway.

 

It meant that he didn't have to watch him be all boyfriendy.

 

"I noticed that its a lot warmer in here." _____ commented.

 

"Oh yes! Sungwoong got the heater fixed. I'm sorry you had to watch the store in the cold last week." Mrs. Kim said apologetically.

 

"Oh don't worry, it was fine. When will Sungwoong be here anyway?"

 

"Any time now. He just got let out of school and he has to pick up Eunji so he might be a few minutes."

 

"Okay, I'm going to get ready for the lessons then." She moved toward the room that she taught piano in. 

 

Yoseob followed behind and prepared to listen to a couple hours of beginner's piano playing.

 

He sat in the chair Mrs. Kim brought for him last week and got as comfortable as a plastic chair would let him get.

 

He eyed the bag of chocolates as _____ put it on the ground.

 

Wondering if each bag had a name on it, he felt the urge to go to it and check.

 

Before he could carry out the action, Sungwoong's sister came in with a bright smile and her oppa right behind her.

 

"Hey, _____ noona. Oh, I see Yoseob came again today." Sungwoong looked at him weird like it wasn't a surprise to see him.

 

Yoseob glared back at him in response.

 

"Teacher Unnie! Happy Valentine's Day!" Eunji happily bellowed and ran up to hug her.

 

"Aigoo, I told you just to call me Unnie. I have something special for you and Oppa." She gave the girl her very own bag of chocolate.

 

"Catch, Sungwoong-ah." She also threw him one.

 

He caught it and looked at it with surprise.

 

"You didn't need to give these to us. I guess that I'll have to get you something too on White Day." He laughed and smiled shyly. "Say thank you to Unnie."

 

"Thank you!" She giggled, already tearing the packaging open.

 

"I'll see you later, Sungwoong! Happy Valentine's Day." _____ smiled and waved.

 

He reddened and nervously waved back, closing the door behind him.

 

"Is it good?" She asked Eunji, who nodded so hard that he thought that it might hurt her head.

 

Silently, Yoseob raged in jealousy. Jealousy over a kid who was younger then him and a little girl.

 

He felt so underrated.

 

And who is that kid to be so shy that he blushes. Men don't blush.

 

"Arraso, are you ready to learn a new song?" _____ asked.

 

"Yes!" 

 

"Okay! Let's go over what we learned last week first okay?" 

 

Yoseob eventually tuned out and was absorbed in his thoughts.


_____ remember to give them their chocolates minutes after she saw them so maybe she really didn't have one for him and didn't make him one on purpose.


He kept denying it thinking that maybe she just forgot.


He really really hoped so and that he would be getting one as well at any time.


That thought started to diminish as she finished the week's lesson with Eunji and the second kid came in and the third, and forth.


She remembered to give them their Valentine's chocolate, wither it was the start or the end of the session.


It was the last kid and he was probably around seven or eight years old and Japanese.


"You did good today, Akira-kun! I'll see you next week, okay?" 


"Ne, Noona! Thank you for the chocolates, they're....um..." He struggled with the Korean.


"Massiseo?" She suggested.


"Neomu massiseo!" He grinned.


"Aigoo. Annyeong Akira-kun." 


"Annyeong!" 


She laughed lightly to herself and turned to him who was bored and annoyed at that point.


"Ready to go?"


He stood and stiffly nodded once.


They went to say goodbye to Sungwoong and his mother.


"Have good Valentine's Day! Make sure you get your boyfriend to take you out, araso?" Mrs. Kim hugged _____. "If not, Sungwoong can just bring you for a date!"


"Umma!" He flushed in embarrassment.


_____ laughed wholeheartedly. 


"Okay, I understand. See you later." 


"Bye, _____!"


"Too bad she already has a boyfriend. You need to get a girlfriend, Sungwoong." Mrs. Kim tsked shamelessly.


"Umma, no! I'm good as I am right now." He ducked his head in his mother's torture.


_____'s tinkling laugher made Yoseob feel a little bit less grumpy as they exited the store.


"Those two, I swear..." _____ trailed off with an amused smile on her face.


They both got into Yoseob's car and drove off to her house.


It was quiet, so he had time to think about how many people have received the chocolate she made.

 

There was so many, and that was just from when she started working.


She gave one to every person that she met. Every. single. one.


And yet he didn't get one chocolate from her. It was so unfair.


Of course, there was everyone else at the university who was given one and, jeez, he didn't want to think of all of them too.


It was to the point where he wondered why he wanted one so badly. Why he wanted to just take her bag and the rest of her chocolate and walk away.


He could only sigh.


They came up to her house, coming to a stop beside the curb. 


_____ gathered her things and opened her door.


"Thanks for the ride. See you on Monday." 


"Wait!" Yoseob called out. "I'll walk you to the door." 


It was his last attempt at those chocolates that he wanted so badly.


"Okay." She gave him a weird look, but agreed.


Together they walked up the empty driveway and stood facing each other when they were standing on the doormat.


He looked at her hopefully, his eyes poking and prodding.


"Well, uh, thanks again I guess...annyeong..." She said her goodbye the second time awkwardly.

He just kept staring at her and when she didn't move at all, he gave up.


I guess that she really didn't have any chocolate for me...


"Later..."


Slowly and sadly he began to walk back to his car, but halfway there, he was stopped.


"Yoseob! Actually..." She came up to him.


"Here. Um, Happy Valentine's Day." With two hands, she held out her last bag of chocolates.


Yoseob was beyond happy. Beyond extraordinary happy, for the first time in a long time.


"Thanks." He took it, trying not to smile, at least not too much.


He had his very own Valentine's Day chocolate! He hadn't been forgotten!


"Well, uh, bye. Again." She started to back away.


Yoseob couldn't hold it back any longer and just pulled her toward him and wrapped his arms around her.


He cradled her and didn't want to let go, even though she just stood there not knowing what to do.


They stayed there together like that, until he forced himself to pull away.


"Happy Valentine's Day." He murmured into her ear with soft tone that made her shiver.


_____ went into her house with a flushed face that definitely wasn't from the cold.


With a smile on his face, he stuck his hands into his pockets and got into his car.


Yoseob held up the bag to eye level and admired the handiwork.


He looked to her house still holding the chocolate and thought to himself.


This is it. I cannot lie to myself anymore. I love you, Park _____. I've always have.


He drove off, smiling so much that it hurt and relished in his new-found acceptance of these feelings that he has suppressed for so long.


I love you.