First Date

The Warrior Ice Prince

The Warrior Ice Prince

 
Chapter 56 : First Date
 
Your POV:
 
"Hey, Noona." Minwoo asked.
"Yeah?"
"Did you really make these with Mir hyung? They are really delicious." Minwoo munched on his forth cookie.
"Yeah, it's our mom's special recipe. The three of us used to bake altogether sometime before Christmas." I giggle, picking up another cookie myself.
"Y-your Umma?" He asked.
"Mmm." I nodded.
"Oh, uh, sorry." He took another large bite.
"Sorry? For what?" I asked.
"Well...your mom..." Minwoo awkwardly trailed off.
"Oh!" I finally got it.
"It's okay, Minnie, my parents are gone and I think I have finally accepted that. It's been years anyway, I should've been over that fact a long time ago." 
"Are you sure?" He asked with real concern.
"Yes! Now keep eating." I shoved his half eaten cookie into his mouth.
A couple minutes later, I heard the door unlock.
"_____-ah! I'm home!" Mir called.
"How did it go with Minwoo? What did you say-" Mir stopped as he saw the two of us.
"I guess it was a yes then." Mir smiled.
"Ah, Hyung." Minwoo hastily stood up.
"I want to humbly ask you to allow me to date your sister." He bowed the full 90 degrees.
"Of course you can. I was the one who suggested that she get together with you." 
Minwoo stood back up to his full height and blinked in confusion.
"What are you talking about?"
"_____ told me about what happened. I said that she should give you a chance so she can forgot about that Yoseob guy." Mir said casually.
"Then...is it okay if I take her on a date?" Minwoo asked.
"Sure, just be back before midnight."
"Shall we go?" Minwoo asked me and offered me his hand.
"Where are we going?"
"Skating. Unless you don't want to." 
"Skating sounds fun! I really wanted to go this year." I brightened and clapped my hands together happily.
 
"W-Woah~ OMO! Watch out!" 
I flailed my arms around wildly and tried not to fall.
I passed by people who quickly moved away to avoid being crashed into.
I finally found support on the wall surrounding the outdoor rink.
Minwoo easily skated up to me.
"I thought you knew how to skate, Noona." He said.
"I did. I just forgot..." I pouted and crossed my arms, but having to grab onto the wall again because I started to slide.
"Have I ever told you how cute you are?" Minwoo asked smiling at my childishness.
"No."
"You're the cutest person I know." He said genuinely.
"Thanks." I blush lightly and temporarily forget my skating fails.
"Here." He holds out his hand for me to take.
Taking my right hand carefully off of the wall, I slip it into his.
It's warm and I realise how cold I actually was.
"You're hand is so cold!" Minwoo said and rubbed it with his.
Once my hand was a little bit warmer, he slowly pulled me out to the centre of the rink.
"There you go. It's not hard right?" Minwoo said as he pulled me along.
He carefully let go of my hand bit by bit and soon I was gliding across the ice by myself.
Slowly, but surely.
Minwoo stopped in the middle of the rink with his arms still outstretched in case I needed help.
I skated by myself until I was a few feet away from him.
Suddenly I lost control and started to slip again.
I braced myself for a not-so-nice meeting with the ice, but landed some where unexpected.
I opened my eyes and saw Minwoo softly smiling down at me.
He was holding me with my head on his chest.
"If you wanted a hug that badly all you had to do is ask." He fake-mocked.
I couldn't help but think of Yoseob who had constantly mocked me.
Minwoo's was much different then Yoseob's.
I liked Minwoo's much better.
I closed my eyes again and lied my cheek against his chest.
"Can I have a hug?" I asked.
He held me tighter.
"Of course."
 
After a short fifteen minutes of being retaught on how to skate, something finally clicked in my brain and I was skating really well again.
I glided easily and could enjoy skating without worrying about falling.
Minwoo usually was beside me in case I suddenly lost my balance or something again.
We raced and did figure eights and such with each other and enjoyed our time together.
I felt like I could really relax when I was with Minwoo as if he took all of my stress away.
The sky turned dark blue and the moon shined very brightly even though only a little bit of stars could be seen.
Street lights lit up the whole rink and made everything have a warm look to it.
The big Christmas tree was at the other end of rink and the mutli-coloured lights reflected off of anything shiny.
We went closer to it took admire it better.
It was really really tall. Taller then Minho for sure.
It was half the height of the buildings surrounding us.
I watched as the lights change colours in awe. 
Somehow, it was really fascinating.
"Noona." Minwoo called my attention back to him.
"I forgot to ask you...will you be my girlfriend?" 
"You don't have to ask you know. You already know the answer." I chuckle.
"I want to ask you properly."
"You have already." I pointed out.
"Yeah, but this time you'll say yes." 
"What's the point if you know I'll say yes?" I ask.
"I want it to be official!" He says.
I giggle at his persistence so I agree.
"Fine."
"Park _____, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked again.
"Yes, I'd love to be your girlfriend." I smiled.
He opens his arms for a hug and I skate into them.
"You don't know how happy I am..." He murmured.
My cheeks flushed at the comment.
We skated around the tree a few times hand in hand and stopped eventually.
It started to snow lightly.
"I want to take pictures!" Minwoo suddenly declared.
He took his phone and got it ready.
"Aw, but I don't want to take pictures..." I say.
"Smile!" 
I have no choice but to do so unless I wanted an ugly picture of myself.
I do a variety of poses including aegyo, bbuing bbuing, flower and bunny ears.
Finally he seemed to be satisfied and came over to show me the pictures.
I thought I looked decent and so I let him keep them.
After showing me all of the pictures of me he took, he wanted to take some together with me.
We posed together and came out really nicely.
The ginormous tree flashing with colour made a really nice background.
There was one picture that I particularly liked.
It was the one where our heads were squished together and we were smiling softly.
Our eyes shined and there were snowflakes in our hair.
Minwoo was busy on his phone for a minute to make that picture his background.
It was the perfect couple picture, I thought.