New Year's Party

The Warrior Ice Prince

The Warrior Ice Prince

 
Chapter 60 : New Year's Party
 
Your POV:
 
It was the afternoon of the New Years party, and I was busy getting my nails and hair done at a salon.
I thought I should treat myself with the money I earned the other day.
Mir and I went shopping a couple days ago to buy some formal clothing.
Mir got a nice tuxedo that I thought he looked really nice in and I got a gold dress, the skirt part made from black ruffles.
 
 
Because it was a New Year's Party, I thought of the colour gold, so I bought gold heels and picked out gold jewellery.
I bought a white clutch and a white flower hair piece.
 
       
 
 
 
At the hair salon, I got my hair cut a little bit shorter and got the stylist to put it all to one side so it fell over one shoulder in soft waves.
I got a French manicure with glued on little pearls and since there was a special, they also did my make-up for free.
I showed them a picture of my dress and described the rest of my outfit.
They took the colours from that and applied it to my face.
The two girls that were doing my make-up were really bubbly and giggled often.
"You're boyfriend is so lucky to have such a beautiful girlfriend like you~"
One cooed and lined my eyes with coal.
"W-well..." 
"Don't tell me that you don't have a boyfriend! That's impossible." The other girl smiled brightly.
"I do have a boyfriend." I admitted shyly.
They squealed.
"I knew it! Don't worry, you'll look absolutely gorgeous by the time we're done with you!"
"Smile!" The girl held a blush brush.
Half an hour had passed and I was finally done.
"You look beautiful. Thanks for coming by and have a Happy New Year!" The cashier showed her eye smile as she handed me my change.
She was just a bubbly as the make-up artists.
Actually, I found that all of the people that worked there had basically the same personality.
It suited them and their job, I guess.
As I walked to the bus stop, I noticed that I kept getting looks from the people I passed by.
I just shyly looked away and continued on forward.
At home, I waited for Mir to come from work.
Midnight Kiss, the restaurant he worked at, was closing early for the holiday and because all of the employees were going to the same party.
I invited Minwoo to come since I was allowed to bring one guest.
He, of course, agreed to come almost right away.
Not even ten minutes later, Mir came and I pushed him into the shower.
I prepared his suit for him.
Once he was done, I styled his hair for him and did up his tie.
"See? Now you look nice." I gestured to the reflection of him in my full-length mirror.
"It's so uncomfortable though." Mir grumbled and fixed his jacket.
"Okay, now get out. I'm going to change." I pushed him away and shut the door behind him.
I stripped off my clothes and slipped on my dress.
Shoes, hair pin and jewellery followed.
Gold bangles lined my fore arm, rings also of gold, decorated my fingers, a pearl necklace hung at my collarbone and lastly, gold hoop earrings studded with diamonds hung off of my ear lobes.
After checking myself in the mirror, I headed downstairs to wear Mir was waiting.
"Aigoo, you're so pretty~" Mir said.
"You're not so bad yourself, mister." I fixed his tie again because he had pulled it out.
He just pouted.
All we needed to do was wait for Minwoo to arrive then we could head to the party.
We didn't need to wait long before the door bell rang.
"Wow, Noona, you look so beautiful." Minwoo smiled.
"You look really nice, too." And I meant it.
His hair was also styled and he looked mature in his tuxedo.
At 6PM we left the house and followed the directions on Mir's GPS to where the party was being held at.
It took a while for us to finally arrive, mostly because of traffic and because Mir kept getting the directions wrong even with the GPS.
"No! It's that way! Oppa, don't you see the arrow point to the left? MAKE LEFT." I said.
"Yeah, yeah, I see! You try driving and following a GPS at the same time." Mir signalled into the turning lane. The right one this time. I mean the left one.
Minwoo chuckled at our little sibling quarrel beside me.
I could have sat in the front, but Minwoo persuaded me to sit with him in the back.
"You know anyone could do that without messing up so much." I cross my arms and sit back in my seat.
"Shut up." 
"Noona, you shouldn't be so hard on him." Minwoo soothingly took my hand.
I calmed down a little.
I wasn't really mad at my brother, but he could be such a babo sometimes.
"Merong." 
Mir didn't make any more mistakes for the rest of the drive and we finally made it to the location.
It turned out to be a big mansion bathing in colourful balloons and bright lights.
Lots of people were making their way inside. 
Some came out of limos.
"Well, their well off..." I say in awe as I took in the massive structure of the house and the pretty clothes on the other people.
We were directed to an area where we could park then we got out and was greeted at the big double doors by Boss-man and Hyewon.
"Mir! _____! it's so nice to see you. I'm very glad you could come." Hyewon wore a breath-taking dress.
It was bright red and showed off her nice figure.
"Who is this?" She asked and pointed to Minwoo beside me.
"I'm No Minwoo, _____'s boyfriend. It's nice to meet you." Minwoo smiled and bowed.
"Boyfriend, huh? Well it was nice to meet you, too. I hope we can chat some more later." Hyewon smiled and bowed back.
"We'll see you inside." Mir nodded.
"Okay. By the way _____, you look really pretty." 
"Thanks, you look beautiful too."
Hyewon moved on to the next round of guests while we followed the other people to the ballroom.
It was already filled with at least one hundred people, most of them people Mir didn't know.
We talked with some of Mir's co-workers until the party officially started.
By 7:30, there was almost two hundred people.
The amount of people was overwhelming.
There were little kids, elderly and all in between.
I bet whole families were there with us.
"Attention please." Hyewon, Boss-man and what looked like her parents stood where everyone could see them.
In a minute, all other conversations stopped and we all quietly waited for what she had to say.
"I want to thank you all, friends, family, for coming here tonight to celebrate the coming of the New Year. I'm glad we can share this once-a-year event together and we hope you enjoy yourselves. Now I say let's get this party started!" Hyewon pumped her fist and music started to play.
For the first half of the evening, we mostly talked with people we knew and ate some food from the buffet table.
Hyewon found us somewhere during that time and dragged Mir away.
"Mir! Come meet my family." She said.
So he left me and Minwoo alone.
I watched from afar as my brother conversed with Hyewon's parents.
"Tch, how does he not see that she totally like him?" I ask no one in particular.
"Maybe it's just in his blood that he's so dense. You were like that too." Minwoo said.
I blushed lightly.
"Maybe I should play cupid..." I muttered.
Not long after that decision, I found an opportunity to get them to be alone together.
Mir came back sometime ago and the hosts started to get people to dance.
Hyewon was currently alone looking at the other couples the were slow dancing in the middle of the ballroom.
"Oppa, you should go ask Hyewon to dance." I said.
"But why-"
"Just go!" I pushed him toward her.
He took a second to glare at me then continued forward.
She automatically brightened up when Mir went up to her.
Mir offered his hand and she took it and together they moved onto the dance floor.
Hyewon interlaced her fingers on Mir's neck and he awkwardly placed his hands on his hips.
I couldn't help but think of how cute they looked.
Hyewon looked so happy.
Mir only looked awkward.
"I think we should follow what they're doing. Want to dance?" Minwoo asked.
I smiled and we joined the other couples swaying to the soft music.
We turned in small circles and even though it was an easy, basic dance, I was surprised at how Minwoo led me.
"You're really good." I compliment.
He raised an eyebrow.
"What do you expect from a dancer?" 
I flushed in embarrassment.
I had forgotten that for a second.
"Noona, you're so cute." 
"Because I forgot that you dance?" I ask.
"No, because you're really red." He patted my cheek.
It just made me blush a deeper red.
He just smiled at me in an affectionate way.
The song ended and a faster, more upbeat song started to play.
As we walked off to sit at a table, Joonyong came up to us.
"Hey, _____. You lookin' pretty fine." He gave me a cheesy smile.
"Oppa, do you really have to be like that?" I ask.
"Of course! Don't you know who I am? I'm Joonyong oppa, the hottest guy around." He said cockily.
I just rolled my eyes.
"Ahem, but who are you?" Minwoo asked.
"Oh hey, little man. I've never seen you before. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Rim Joonyong, _____'s boyfriend." Joonyong said only noticing him now.
"What?!" Minwoo exclaimed gazing at me hoping I deny that what he said was true.
"Really? I think your plan will backfire if you introduce yourself as my boyfriend to my real boyfriend." 
"This guy? This guy's your boyfriend? How old is he? Fourteen?" He snorted.
I could feel Minwoo tense up by my side.
"He's sixteen. Now leave and hit on some other girl." I sighed.
"Don't listen to him, Minwoo. He's lying and not worth listening to." 
"Mwoh?! I may be lying, but I'm definitely worth listening to. Anyways, I came for a reason you know. I wanted to come and ask you to dance." Joonyong said.
"I think it would be better if she stayed with me." Minwoo said politely, but he was clearly agitated.
"Too late! I'll be taking your girl for three minutes...or longer..." Joonyong was already pulling me away.
"Noona!" Minwoo reached out for me.
"I'm sorry! I'll be back in no more then the length of this song." I said helplessly.
He glared at the male pulling on my arm but let us go.
I just stood there while he danced.
"Come on, _____. Loosen up, I'll give you back to your boyfriend soon. Unless you don't want me to." He moved close to me, but I immediately pushed him away.
Where was Mir oppa when I needed him?
Reluctantly, I started to dance with him and bolted just as the song finished.
Minwoo was waiting for me in the same spot and gathered me in open arms.
"I'm really sorry about that guy. He's kind of like Jeongmin, but worse." I say apologetically.
"It's okay. If he's like Jeongminnie hyung I can understand. He didn't do anything to you did he?" 
I shook my head.
"Hey, you know it rude just to leave someone like that." Joonyong showed up again.
Minwoo protectively held me closer.
"Why can't you bug someone else." I sighed.
"Because you're the iest." He winked.
That was it to Minwoo.
He was about to pick a fight with the older guy, but was cut off by someone else.
"Joonyong! How many times must I tell you to leave my sister alone!" Mir came with Hyewon trailing behind him.
He gripped the back of Joonyong's jacket and led him away.
"Ow, ow! Stop it! I'm your hyung!" 
"And I'm your sunbae. Deal." 
Finally he was gone.
"Let's just go some where else." I suggested and Minwoo was happy to take me away.
"Who is that guy anyway..."
"He's Oppa's co-worker." Was all I answered.
The party was fun and enjoyable and I had a good time with my brother and boyfriend.
Although I sent Mir away again to give punch to Hyewon.
It was fifteen minutes until midnight and Boss-man was back up and making a speech.
"The beginning of a new year is the beginning of a fresh start. Maybe it's with school or work or maybe just starting anew in general. Either way, the start of a new year signifies a sort of rebirth. This year, my personal goal is to work really hard on my restaurant, Midnight Kiss, and make it place where people would like to visit often and maybe even expand it. Whatever your New Year's resolutions are, I hope that you can all reach your goals and that the New Year gives you luck and is prosperous. Please join us in the countdown that is going to start in four minutes."
Parents gathered their children as wine and, for the underaged, sparkling apple cider, was handed out to everyone.
In no time at all, we where holding elegant glasses filled with the fizzy drinks.
On a big screen, there was the live of the official countdown in the middle of the city, just like how it was on Christmas eve.
Finally, it was ten seconds before the start of the new year.
3
"10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2! 1!" I shouted with everyone.
"Happy New Year!!!" Confetti floated down on everyone and people downed their drinks.
I never really had a taste for carbonated drinks because it burned my throat a lot, but I just closed my eyes and drank it all in one shot.
For a New Year's Resolution, I didn't have one as of yet, but I still wanted to know Minwoo's.
"What's your New Year's Resolution? I asked.
"My resolution is..." He pulled me close.
"...to capture your heart and make you love me as much as I love you." His smile made my heart beat faster.
He leaned in while hugging my waist.
In the first few seconds of the New Year, Minwoo and I shared our second sweet kiss.

How do you guys think of me putting in pics?
Is it better for the visual?
- SarahChi1023
P.S. CatAttack1020, I think they went well :3