You and Yoseob...

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince
 
 
 
Chapter 79 : You and Yoseob...
 
 
 
Your POV:
 
 
 
"Do you want a coffee?"
 
"Uh, sure. Thanks." 
 
"Okay, be right back." Yoseob walked toward the campus cafe.
 
"I'll go with him. Do you want anything, Luna?" Sungjong stood and grabbed his wallet.
 
"Yes, please! You know what want." She replied, smiling until he left.
 
She turned her head towards me and squinting her eyes in obvious suspicion.
 
I blinked at her wondering what kind of interrogation was going on.
 
"What?"
 
"Yoseob. He's so...nice all of a sudden. These past few days he's been sticking to you like glue and doing things like buying you coffee." She stated her observations.
 
"But you, you don't seem any different. Did you break up with Minwoo? I haven't seen him around." 
"No no! I didn't! We're still together. Just on a...break." You explained.
 
"That still doesn't explain Yoseob. Did something happen between you two? My eyes do not deceive me. There is something going on." 
 
"Nothing happened. Not that I can think of. I tell him to go do his own stuff, but he just sits there as if I said nothing." I throw my hands up in momentary exasperation.
 
"Well, I don't know...just watch yourself." Luna just gave me a look and sat back in her chair.
 
 
 
"Hey, wait up." Sungjong lightly jogged up to Yoseob.
 
 He had a pleasant expression on his face and it seemed peaceful and happy.
 
Yoseob, on the other hand, felt annoyed that he came, but just said nothing and continued walking.
 
"So, do you like _____?" Sungjong asked as if he was only asking about the weather.
 
It made Yoseob pause.
 
"Why do you want to know?"
 
"Oh, just because. Are you going to confess any time soon?" He smiled, still pretending that is a 
 
normal, everyday conversation.
 
Yoseob knew that he knew it was far from it.
 
"I thought that you liked her. Why would you even be asking me this?" He became a bit irritated.
 
"She's beautiful isn't she? Very, veeeeeerrrry, hard to resist. I did fall in love with her." 
 
At that point, although he agreed with him on some of it, he wanted to smash him into a wall and
 
throw him halfway across the country.
 
"All right, calm down there, lover boy. No need think like that. Yes, I admit I still love her. A part of
 
me will always love her. I managed to suppress it to that much, but I can't say the same for
 
Minwoo." Sungjong tsked.
 
Yoseob looked at him, wondering what he was getting at.
 
"That kid really loves _____. He's cute, nice, smart and treats her like a queen. What more could she
 
ask for? Yes, she liked you once and we all saw how that turned out." Sungjong put emphasis on the
 
key words that really made Yoseob angry.
 
"Which, by the way, I'm still not very happy about so don't think you'll be let off easy. I'm still her
 
friend. But anyways, especially after how you treated her, I'm sure Minwoo will have her heart in no
 
time. That is, if he hasn't already."
 
Had enough of hearing this guy go on, Yoseob stormed ahead of him to the stand, ordered the
 
drinks and slapped the bills onto the counter.
 
"Woah, there. I got it, I'll stop. I'll just conclude by advising you to keep an eye on Minwoo. You're
 
running out of time." Sungjong magically had two cups of coffee before he did even though Yoseob
 
had ordered first.
 
"Actually, you're late." He glanced at his watch, careful not to spill the cups' contents.
 
"Good talk, I'll see you later." Sungjong left him and returned to Luna and _____ without him.
 
After a good two minutes of waiting, Yoseob finally received his coffees and also went to join the three.
 
What is with that guy?, Yoseob thought, sipping his hot beverage, he's so weird like he knows too much.
 
Shaking the moment off, but firmly remembering his words, he returned to _____'s side and melted at her smile that she gave when he gave her the drink.
 
 
 
Your POV:

 

 

"Noona!" A voice called happily, running up to me and catching me in a hug.
 
"Minwoo! It's nice to see you." I turned and smiled, ruffling his hair.
 
"Look at this." He held up a piece a paper.
 
"What is this?" I took it and read what was written in black copier ink.
 
My eyes widened. 
 
"Are these your grades?"
 
"Mmmhm, they're all back up where they're supposed to be." Minwoo grinned and nodded.
 
"Wow, this is great! I can't believe that you raised them up so fast. You're a genius." I praised, impressed.
 
"Thanks. Wanna go on a date? I have so much to tell you."
 
"Sure." I giggled and hooked my arm with his.
 
 
 
Yoseob went to _____'s class after he was dismissed from his own so he could offer her a ride home like he did for the last three days.
 
He rapped a knuckle on the open door. 
 
"Yah, Park _____. Are you here?" Yoseob called out.
 
He looked in and saw some of the others in her class packing up their instruments.
 
"Are you looking for _____-ah? She already left." A guy he recognised from the band that helped them with the recording of his song told him.
 
"Okay." He turned and left, wondering where she could've gone so fast.
 
"He's been hanging around her often these days." Minhyuk said quietly to Yonghwa.
 
"I'm surprised that she lets him. We should tell her to stay away tomorrow. Who knows what he'll do." 
 
Yoseob whipped his head backwards and glared so that they knew that he had heard.
 
They weren't startled in the least.
 
"You hurt her at all and we'll be on your . We don't care about your reputation." Jonghyun called.
 
Yoseob just scowled and walked away without another word.
 
You and apparently a whole mob of other people will be after me with if I hurt her. Which I won't. Not again.  
 
He softened remembering how horrible he had treated her. 
 
It was something he wished he could undo.
 
Thinking of _____ sparked up that feeling again, of that need to get to a certain place.
 
Suddenly, he knew where to go.
 
He let the feeling take him to the front where he found her and Minwoo.
 
Backing up a few steps to remain out of their sight, he watched their actions and remembered what Sungjong had said to him.
 
"...keep an eye on Minwoo...."
 
After a while, they walked off together.
 
Yoseob was left to decide wither or not to follow them.
 
It was wrong to invade on her private boyfriend-girlfriend time, but he had to make sure that Minwoo doesn't do anything.
 
Stealthily he began to trail after their footsteps.
 
 
 
"What did your friends say when you apologised to them?" I asked.
 
"They said that they forgave me. Except for Jeongminnie hyung. He didn't forgive me until a little bit later." 
 
"Oh? Why is that?"
 
"He...was the one actually fought with...physically." Minwoo answered a little bit reluctantly.
 
"No Minwoo! Aigoo! They never told me that your fought them with your fists." 
 
"Yeah...we did...haha..." He sheepishly smiled.
 
"Well, I guess that it's okay since you're all friends again." I nodded. "Unless you're lying to me again."
 
I was joking, but he took it seriously.
 
"No! I swear I'm not! Please believe me, Noona. You can even call them!" He begged innocently, grabbing hold of my arm and shaking it.
 
"It was just a joke, Minnie. I believe you." I chuckled in amusement.
 
 
 
A fight? Lying? What happened before? 
 
Yoseob had sure missed a lot.
 
 
 
We continued walking all the way to the park while Minwoo updated me of what happened in the past week until we stopped to sit at a bench.
 
"Today was my last day of detention. Now I can come see you after school." He said happily.
 
"That's good, but you don't always have to come." I smiled.
 
"Try and stop me!" We laughed together.
 
"Thanks for the chocolate by the way. They were really good. Oh, and I have yours at my house if you want to come by later." I left it in the fridge so it was safe.
 
"Wasn't your audition on Saturday? How did that go? Did you guys pass?" I asked, excited for his answer.
 
Minwoo's smile vanished and he looked down.
 
"The audition went fine, but...we didn't pass." 
 
"Really? I can't believe it." I was genuinely sad that they didn't get accepted.
 
They worked so hard and practised more then they did their homework. 
 
Not only that, but I could tell when I watched them dance and hear them sing, it was something that they all wanted to do.
 
They enjoyed it and was one of things that they were serious about and worked so hard for, but in the end they weren't even selected.
 
"It's okay, Minnie. You know that you're good enough. That you tried your best. There's always next time right?" I rubbed his back soothingly.
 
"Yeah, I guess so..." He replied with a sigh. "Also, Noona." 
 
I looked at him and waited for what he wanted to say.
 
"On Valentine's Day, friday, when I was going to your house to deliver the chocolate and flower, I saw...You on the driveway...with Yoseob."
 
My eyes widened. "You saw that?" 
 
"You gave him chocolate right? And then he hugged you...a-and..." Minwoo paused to swallow.
 
"Kissed...you..." 
 
"No, Minnie! He never kissed me, I swear. All he did was hug me after I gave him the chocolate." I waved my hands and shook my head.
 
I felt like a girlfriend who had just been caught cheating.
 
"Really? That's a relief. But...I don't want to sound over protective or anything, but I don't want you to be near him. I know he likes you. Maybe even more then just liking." Minwoo took both of my hands and pleaded to me.
 
I was only looking at our hands, not able to look him in the eye.
 
"You don't want him to hurt you again, do you? We're supposed to be together. You're too good for him and I know you're smarter then to fall for him again." He brushed the hair out of my face and smiled so that would I know that he wasn't mad at me or anything.
 
I just couldn't return it though, because I was guilty. 
 
All through out the week since Valentine's Day I would feel the affections that I still had for Yoseob because he would do all of these little things for me. 
 
"Don't be so upset. I hate to see you sad. I just don't want you to be hurt again." Minwoo lightly planted a kiss on my forehead and pet the back of my hands.
 
I looked up and forced a small smile. 
 
"That's my girl. There's no reason to be upset." He pulled me into him and rested my head in the crook of his neck.
 
We stayed there silently, me feeling bad because I still had feelings for Yoseob.
 
My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out to see who had sent me a text.
 
"It's Oppa. He wants me to go home." I said.
 
"Okay, do you want me to walk you?" He offered.
 
"I'll go by myself, you can go home and do your homework or something. I'll see you tomorrow." I meekly waved.
 
"Okay. Be safe." 
 
 
 
Minwoo sat back into the bench and sighed.
 
Yoseob was still sitting nearby, unnoticed and was thinking about all the new things he learned about while eavesdropping on them.
 
He was intriged at what was said and had to restraint himself from strangling Minwoo's neck, especially when he said all of those things to _____.
 
He also had the urge to when he started to be all intimate with all the touchy feely and kissing and ugh.
 
Now that she was gone, he wanted to give him a piece of his mind.
 
He plopped down right beside him while Minwoo gave a startled look.
 
"What are you doing here?" 
 
"I heard what you said about me. Oh, and everything else, including all of your problems you have been having lately." Yoseob shrugged as if it nothing.
 
"You were following us?!" It was the first time he had ever seen him mad.
 
"Yeah." 
 
"That means you heard about what I said about you liking my girlfriend. You admit it, don't you?" Minwoo asked.
 
"Yes, I like her. In fact, I love her." Yoseob asked in a tone that said 'And what are you going to do about it?'.
 
"I'm not going to let you have her just so you can hurt her. Do you know how she was like after you rejected her? No, because I was the one that was there." Minwoo snapped.

"Yes yes, I know what I did and it was a mistake. It doesn't matter though because she loves me." 
 
"You're wrong, all right? It doesn't matter anyway because I'm already a step ahead of you. I'm her boyfriend and you're not. Know your boundaries." Minwoo stood.  
 
"Just watch. She is mine. I'll confirm it with her and she'll love me willingly." He started storming away.
 
"And you watch. Your position as _____'s boyfriend will be mine." Yoseob called out to him, but he never stopped or looked back.
 
Inside, Yoseob felt a little bit threatened by Minwoo's declarations because he didn't actually know if she still liked him or not.
 
He had very little time to make sure that she did and he had sick feeling in his stomach.
 
Now he understood what Sungjong had meant when he said that he was late.
 
He had to hurry before Minwoo has the chance to completely take away _____'s heart.
 
Yoseob hurried home to think up some ways to win over that happy-go-lucky No Minwoo.
 
 
 
A forth party that nobody knew about watched from afar with a smirk.
 
Things were going to get interesting.
 
"I knew that he just needed a little push." Sungjong chuckled to himself.
 
"Now to sit back and enjoy the show."
 

Anyone have any ideas on what you think might happen? ;)

OH AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.