A Visit

The Warrior Ice Prince

 

The Warrior Ice Prince 
 
 
 
Chapter 87 : A Visit
 
 
 
Minwoo's POV:
 
 
 
"Bye! I'll see you guys at the practice room later!" Minwoo waved to his five hyungs as he left first before them. His girlfriend might have already left for work, but all that meant was that he couldn't walk her there. Which was fine because then he could just visit her there.
 
He took in a big breath of the cool air as he walked and a pretty good mood. There was no reason for him to hate the day. Although it was cold, the sun shone. In a few days, it would be March.
 
Soon it would be his and his girlfriend's anniversary and he was already planning it out. It had to more fun than their last anniversary because he wanted to do better and he had also been noticing that she had been bothered for the last week, but he could understand why.
 
Despite what happened that night, he felt that happy glow within him. He had won over the seemingly impossible to beat, Yang Yoseob. It was true that he bugged her during school- the only time Minwoo couldn't be there- which was smart, but _____ had clearly shown that she didn't want him around. 
 
The only thing that he didn't like was how upset she was being. She wasn't herself, not at all. He was happy and was ready to be happy with her when she was too. He wanted that to hurry up, though.
 
Minwoo got off the the bus and walked down the sidewalk toward the music store where she should be working already. He thought that he should really get Yoseob to bug off. 
 
The thought made him smile and chuckled a little. 
 
Him telling off that fighting freak, Yang Yoseob, feared by all and with good reason. 
 
Should he be afraid? Maybe, but he had a very strong feeling that if he went to confront him, his fists would be down. Most likely because he wouldn't want to hurt the girl they were both in love with by hurting Minwoo. Also, he had no right. 
 
He was _____'s boyfriend and Yoseob was the one giving his girl trouble. 
 
Minwoo entered the store with a tinkle of the bell over his head. His noona was nowhere to be seen. In fact, there only other body in the store was little Eunji, the sweet sister of Sungwoong. She was pressing down on the keys on the grand piano that was on sale with one finger. She seemed not to notice that he came in.
 
Not on purpose, he walked up to her with quiet steps. "Hey, Eunji. What are you doing out here all alone? Where's Mom?" At first, he thought that he might have scared her with his seemingly undetected presence, but she didn't even flinch.
 
"Umma went out for a little bit. Oppa and ______ie eonni are in the piano room. Oppa says I have to wait until he says I can come in. He's taking too long though..." She didn't even look up as she continued to press down on the black and white keys.
 
Minwoo's eyes widened, wondering why he would say such a thing to her and with their mother gone...he expected the worse. He rushed over to the door, ready to wrench it open, but stopped when he could hear voices.
 
"...not what I'm asking. That fact that you're using Minwoo as an excuse tells me something different." Sungwoong said. Surprised and curious about what he was saying, Minwoo hovered his ear near the door and eavesdropped on the conversation.
 
"Like what? He's my boyfriend and I won't cheat on him. I don't know what else I could be telling you." At that, he smiled. Of course she wouldn't cheat on him! 
 
"Okay, okay. How about a different question? How do you feel about Minwoo?" He held his breath as he anticipated her answer. Now that he thought about it, she never really told him how she thought about him. Not like he did.
 
"Minwoo is very thoughtful and sweet and he takes care of me really well. He's done so much for me that I can't repay, but I try my best to do so in any way I can."
 
As he continued to listen, his smile disappeared and a frown replaced it. He listened to what Sungwoong said and _____'s uncertain answers and couldn't even take to stand still anymore.
 
With overwhelming feelings, he stepped away, almost stumbling and went back to Eunji who was still poking at the piano. "Eunji, can you please not tell anyone I came today?" He requested in a quivery voice.
 
"Okay." Once that left , he bolted. He needed out. He needed air. He was suffocating. Why did he have to be the one so hurt?
 
She doesn't love him and she never has.